Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Grimby posted:

Someone is probably just upset about not getting a beta key and figured if they can't play then no one can.

A bunch of different games have been affected by this as of late.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Every kill monster quest requires five times as many monsters as it should and it's really not fun.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
:parrot::parrot::parrot:
I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, so message one of these fuckers for a guild invite:
Ozymorf, Phoix, Looseifer, Wiggans, & ExileHumanStalker
Congrats to those I promoted, and all the stress testers who will don the reprobate rainbow
:parrot::parrot::parrot:

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 15, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
So- uh- if I wanted to play with Goons what should I be looking for? What realm should I be on? Side? That kinda stuff :S

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Sion posted:

So- uh- if I wanted to play with Goons what should I be looking for? What realm should I be on? Side? That kinda stuff :S

Nexus server, Exile side is the best side. :whatup:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Oh cool I'm right there already. I made a warrior that looked like Peg from Married with children. I'm in as Luscan btw :v:

Sion fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 14, 2014

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
If anyone needs a guild invite, you can now whisper ExileHumanStalker for one.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Wet Fifty posted:

If anyone needs a guild invite, you can now whisper ExileHumanStalker for one.

Anyone else from SAMCRO on now? Looking for an invite

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Loose Ifer posted:

Game is not optimized at all yet, just run it on default settings.

I had it run far better when dropping the view/draw distances; other than that, I noticed little performance difference from varying other graphic quality options.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Are they going to wipe the servers when the game is officially released or are they going to do what SWTOR did and allow everyone to be max level before release? Just wondering if I should start playing now or when it's released....or not at all. Please convince me.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Incursus posted:

Are they going to wipe the servers when the game is officially released or are they going to do what SWTOR did and allow everyone to be max level before release? Just wondering if I should start playing now or when it's released....or not at all. Please convince me.

There's supposed to be a wipe prior to whatever "quick start" access they give - swtor had one for a week, which was enough for people to hit cap

HACKstock
May 11, 2004

¸,ø¤º¡3Y3 h4xn0Rd YUO m0M'5 455 1457 N16h7¡º¤ø,¸
Does anyone know when/where I can buy my house? Does anyone know how much it costs?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

HACKstock posted:

Does anyone know when/where I can buy my house? Does anyone know how much it costs?

I think it's at level 14, you'll get a quest for it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone else getting the 'No Realms Available' message at the login screen? I was in before but I exited when the character creator locked up.

Coldforge posted:

That's really cool that it's so early. I assume you get to start adding stuff at the lower levels, no?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

ItBurns posted:

Anyone else getting the 'No Realms Available' message at the login screen? I was in before but I exited when the character creator locked up.

That's really cool that it's so early. I assume you get to start adding stuff at the lower levels, no?

You start finding decor pretty much as soon as you make a character.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

The Titanfall AND Wildstar betas are both down, before I even got to play either.

HACKstock
May 11, 2004

¸,ø¤º¡3Y3 h4xn0Rd YUO m0M'5 455 1457 N16h7¡º¤ø,¸

Coldforge posted:

Thank you!

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

We're doing a login test right now, so logging in is exactly what we're after. Servers should be back up in a bit.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Cyster posted:

We're doing a login test right now, so logging in is exactly what we're after. Servers should be back up in a bit.

Just switching characters, or exiting & restarting the game entirely?

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
I got a few hours in and am really having a good time. I like the atmosphere and the systems they have in place. I have reported 3 bugs so far, I am hoping I get a real beta invite after this stress test so I can continue to play.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Can anyone link me to where they stated what would be included in the pre-order? I can't seem to find it.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

anyone on that can invite?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Carecat posted:

Every kill monster quest requires five times as many monsters as it should and it's really not fun.

I actually agree with this 100%. More often than not I found myself having to wait for enemies to respawn because I A. couldn't find more mobs anywhere or B. there were far too many people doing the quest and respawn times don't adjust to compensate.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So I totally forgot I got a beta invite to this game and I want to try it out. How are Medics and Stalkers doing right now? Either of those two I should pick one over the other?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Etrips posted:

So I totally forgot I got a beta invite to this game and I want to try it out. How are Medics and Stalkers doing right now? Either of those two I should pick one over the other?

Play whatever you like. Heck roll both and see which you like more. It's not like it matter at this point.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Stanley Pain posted:

Play whatever you like. Heck roll both and see which you like more. It's not like it matter at this point.

Fair enough!

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I'm bummed out that Espers are only available to Generic Boring Humans and Animes. :colbert:

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Cyster posted:

Are there any ways to get beta invites into WildStar still? I never got one in the traditional format but it seems like there is a lot of talk of new people joining. Still have hope that this will be what ESO clearly is not.... (Hint it rhymes with run)

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
dungeon run from yogscast, not sure what level the players are at but looks moderately fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFT_767tYXs

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I assume the current problems are still ongoing? I can't even get the launcher working at the moment.

*ed*

Apparently getting to run the shortcut in administrator mode seemed to fix this issue I was having, so all's well that ends well.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 15, 2014

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Finally figuring out the engineer tanking ability instantly made this a pretty god drat fun class for me.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

ItBurns posted:

You may get a home plot for free early on but you can't really decorate them without dumping a lot of money into it. For example, a single patch of grass costs 10 silver! Small stuff like changing the walls take a lot of gold too depending on how cool it looks. Like some cute bunny carrot wallpaper costs a bazillion gold (exaggeration but close enough.) Some require renown which I have no idea how to get yet. Don't know how much I'm allowed to say though.

Velveteen fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 15, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
How unoptimized is this right now? because it runs like hot garbage on my i5 and gtx770

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
So I finally made it into a stress test and made my first character. Scientist, of course. So far so good. Game looks nice and atmospheric. Now of course right after bumbling around for a bit I have to stop since I've suddenly have to go back to university on Saturday to do some work. Hopefully nothing happens on Sunday, or this will be the third stress test in a row I can't play. :suicide:

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

How unoptimized is this right now? because it runs like hot garbage on my i5 and gtx770
"We have a patch that's about to be applied which will fix the awful lag and single digit framerates you've all been experiencing." - every MMO beta ever

Seriously though, I have an i5 and a 660 and am running it at 60fps solidly aside from what seems to be stress test and loading lag. The default settings work well, I don't know what their deal will be with the higher end settings (which seems to be what the people who end up complaining are running).

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If my gtx770 isn't powerful enough for your WoW-lookin' MMO to run at a steady 60 with anything turned up over the default, maybe you should have spent more time in alpha making them game actually run well.

one of the reasons WoW was so popular is it ran/runs on god drat everything while still looking pretty okay.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

one of the reasons WoW was so popular is it ran/runs on god drat everything while still looking pretty okay.

Blizzard spent a ton of time making sure WoW was extremely easy to render for very low end computers, which was a lesson learned by many other very successful game manufacturers (see: World of Tanks). Carbine may or may have not have learned this, I don't know since I don't have a low end system and I've only played the stress test.

One could argue, as far as WoW goes, that a side effect of their client-side focus was that their server architecture and back end were woefully deficient, and the game was borderline unplayable by today's standards for over a year after launch on most of their servers. People like to forget that WoW got to be the gorilla in the room over the course of 3-4 years of refinement in which it had effectively zero competition.

Carbine has decided to make their game look and play like ~2008 WoW, which means it really shouldn't be very demanding. It may not be, both the company and the beta testers are saying this game is at least a quarter away from releasing. There may be massive optimization sweeps which have no yet been done, and the game could be buttery smooth at release. The reality is that it probably won't be though, and that's unfortunately par for the MMO course at this point.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Carbine has not focused on optimization yet since the game is still several months from release. Optimization will be one of the last things they do, after they stop making major changes to the game.

If you went through and manually maxxed out every setting, doublecheck the "Render target scale" setting. It is supersampling and a framerate killer. Setting it to 2 at a 1920x1080 resolution makes the game render at 3840x2160 then downscales it to 1920x1080. You want it set to 1.

grrarg fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 15, 2014

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

There's one heck of a memory leak I keep encountering solely because I figured out how to play a engineer tank. Aside from that annoyance that requires a client restart, or just not being a engineer tank, the frame rate is smooth although I don't have fraps overlay running to verify the exact FPS. Using a i7, GTX660, 6 gigs of RAM and the client has low load times for a non-SSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

grrarg posted:

Carbine has not focused on optimization yet since the game is still several months from release. Optimization will be one of the last things they do, after they stop making major changes to the game.

If you went through and manually maxxed out every setting, doublecheck the "Render target scale" setting. It is supersampling and a framerate killer. Setting it to 2 at a 1920x1080 resolution makes the game render at 3840x2160 then downscales it to 1920x1080. You want it set to 1.

This isn't my first time around the PC block, the fact that I get 20-30fps with 2x supersampling and also 20-30fps when upscaling from 1/2 res means that there might be more issues than "hey did you check your render target setting". My GPU utilization was around 17%, and it was only running on 2 of the 4 cores, and only topping out at 50% on one, and 10-20% on two others.

As it stands, this game is hilariously badly optimized in the state it's in right now, and I highly doubt it's going to get fixed at any time before launch.

• Locked thread