Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

haplesscardsharp posted:

Newgrounds is by far the worst place for dress up games. I had to stop looking after I discovered dress up hentai game(s). :barf: Why I didn't think they existed, I'll never know. The internet is not for children, and they should never be allowed to explore it. :smith:

Edit: It's not one game, it's a whole loving section.

I have memories of Newground dress-up games and almost considered looking for some for the thread, but I figured they probably weren't strictly "girl games" unless otherwise noted.

EDIT: Well, if I got the new page, I might as well finish up what I've been working on:

Today is a very special day, and as such, I'm gonna date them all! All the sites, that is!

But also all the men.

The first phase of Date Them All is your usual makeover game, and when you're done, you get to go out with one of four boys, at a location of your choosing. The goal of the game is to have a great date with all four guys.

I went with Martin here because his blurb says that he doesn't care about style and only wants an honest and clever girl. I'm so happy I can wear these nice casual clothes on our da

well gently caress you too nerd

Yes, it's not enough that you're trying to join in on his interests. You have to completely and utterly change your appearance for him, or else an unseen audience will boo at you, and the guy will hate you forever. This in spite of the instructions, which say that you can dress the girl up "as you like". So let's forget about all of our own dreams and preferences and get to work on pleasing our Dreamboys' every desire, like a good girl!

The guy in the upper-right, of course, can get away with what looks like jeans and a tuxedo shirt, but if you show up in anything like that then shame on you. Another thing to note is that the hair in the bottom-right comes in all unnatural colors. Cute, but not something that the other guys will like because I guess pink hair just isn't sporty/romantic/nerdy.

yaaaay I styled and restyled myself over and over for four dudes, three of which will dump my ugly rear end because they only loved me when my hair was brown :toot:

Another romantic game that backfires is the Just Be Friends Couple Creator. On its own, it doesn't seem so bad, silly design options aside.

The problem is that the song it's named after, as its title suggests, is actually about an engaged couple breaking up. The lyrics depict them as still being in love with each other, but they're lately been arguing constantly and have decided to split for their own good. It's not exactly the best thing to base a happy, silly dress-up game on.

But you don't need to have another person to enjoy Valentine's Day! Why not smear some chocolate on your back or cover yourself in mysterious hearts?

(For the slowpokes out there who missed November, if you want to inject a bit of Thanksgiving in your holiday, you can substitute corn for the hearts.)

Another way to unwind by yourself would be to go on a shopping frenzy to perfectly mimic whatever is the big trend this minute.

Admittedly, I've never been very interested in fashion, and that's not necessarily a good thing. But do blouses usually go for hundreds of dollars, up to $900?

And don't even think about trying to shave off a few measly Benjamins off the final price; you have to spend the entire budget on clothes. Apparently, even though the only difference between them is the color, some of the blouses and purses are poor quality, and if you choose to buy them you will be ugly forever and everyone will laugh at you.

Other games also encourage you to put a lot of attention to the quality of your accessories, such as this game where you decorate a watch with... uh...

???

Perhaps what I'm supposed to get from these games is that you must always take pride in what you do and look your best so that everyone can see your confidence. Look at these women from Savage Sisters, for example!

They're so confident in their battling prowess that they deliberately give themselves a disadvantage. I'm certain that the enemies will land no attack on them, though.

Or how about this war reporter? Even in this city that is actively being bombed on and surely has countless thousands of civilian casualties, she knows that's no excuse to neglect her appearance like some animal. (Alternate version with less garish colors here. Everything is a recolor.)

With that moral out of the way, I wish everyone has a safe and happy weekend. Happy Valentine's Day, miladies!

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

haplesscardsharp posted:

Newgrounds is by far the worst place for dress up games. I had to stop looking after I discovered dress up hentai game(s). :barf: Why I didn't think they existed, I'll never know. The internet is not for children, and they should never be allowed to explore it. :smith:

Edit: It's not one game, it's a whole loving section.

On the bright side, the worst of the poo poo on Newgrounds results in the funniest episodes of Retsufrash. (Warning: Not a girl game. Not a dressup game either. Safe for work only due to censorship.)

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Pictured: me and MiracleFlare, and the scarf is Girl Games, slowly strangling us.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I checked out today's Steam deals, and immediately saw something that reminded me of this thread:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263460/

I haven't bought it, but it seems to be a puzzle game where you try to get everything in the best place.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Alpha3KV posted:

I checked out today's Steam deals, and immediately saw something that reminded me of this thread:

I haven't bought it, but it seems to be a puzzle game where you try to get everything in the best place.
Hey, girls actually do like robots! Right, Devious Vacuum?

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Nihilarian posted:

Hey, girls actually do like robots! Right, Devious Vacuum?

My friend bought me this game like, the moment it came out. I own it now. I will probably stream it! Maybe not specifically for this thread, but I'm definitely going to play it.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Devious Vacuum posted:

Pictured: me and MiracleFlare, and the scarf is Girl Games, slowly strangling us.

Girl games have taught me many important lessons about clothes, boyfriends, and my self-worth. And eye surgery.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

MiracleFlare posted:

Admittedly, I've never been very interested in fashion, and that's not necessarily a good thing. But do blouses usually go for hundreds of dollars, up to $900?

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

MiracleFlare posted:

My best friend loves to compete in beauty pageants; the money someone can spend on one item of clothing for one event even in an optional contest is staggering.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Oh my gosh! Is that whole thing the "blouse" or is it actually just the top? It doesn't really look much different from a sweatshirt to me...

Happy Valentine's Day thread! Enjoy this picture of two people kissing who really aren't into it.

Also, this game has some seriously rad music, wherever they (probably) stole it from.

The girl on the right should be looking at the other girl, but I guess the selection image lied.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

chocolatekake posted:

The girl on the right should be looking at the other girl, but I guess the selection image lied.

No, no, I think it's perfect as it is.
"Jeez, again? How many times; humans aren't congenitally bisexual, pointy-ears!"

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

OmanyteJackson posted:

and that one was made from the mermaid dress up game. seriously.:black101:

This is more Skyrim than Skyrim itself.

Trying to sneak up on dragons on their perch, and scoring a base jumping 2-handed weapon backstab is just one of the ways you can make your own fun in that game. I think this image illustrates the feeling well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So my club has a tournament at 7 tonight but there are only 4 dudes so it shouldn't last too long so I'll stream around 9-ish if I'm done by then. I'll post an update once I know.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

So, when this thread popped up, I had the idea of getting three other assholes into a game of Mary-Kate and Ashley, Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive. That backfired spectacularly when it turned out that our computers were all potatoes and the game ran at a single digit framerate when we tried to play it online. Well, luckily for me, someone brought up the fact that they actually made quite a few of these licensed Mary-Kate and Ashley games. I ended up deciding to play every single one of these games that I could find for this thread. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Let's Play the Mary-Kate and Ashley Series, Part 1 (featuring ItsGoggalor, ZenScissors, and DevilEd.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

chocolatekake posted:

Oh my gosh! Is that whole thing the "blouse" or is it actually just the top? It doesn't really look much different from a sweatshirt to me...

Generally a blouse is like a shirt for girls, so it's probably just the top.

Versace hurts me with the prices they charge, especially as I volunteer so I spend my Saturdays selling £50 clothes for £2.99, people still don't buy them because they don't have the prestige of costing full price. Honestly I think some people just buy expensive things so they can say they bought them.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you'd pay that much for a top, getting a nice material I understand but not $1000 for something that honestly looks worth about $60 at most.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

DurpTwoTwo posted:

Let's Play the Mary-Kate and Ashley Series, Part 1 (featuring ItsGoggalor, ZenScissors, and DevilEd.)

I had to check, and mary-kateandashley.com now redirects to their clothing line at JCPenney.

Also, I reiterate what I said on Twitter.

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 15, 2014

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

You do not know the hell we had to go through to even be able to play Mary Kate and Ashley: Sweet 16: License to Drive just to find out we can't.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
I managed to get the copies of the Purple Moon games that I have to run. So next Saturday (the 22nd) at around 2 or 3 PM PST, I'm gonna do a stream of Rockett's New School. If that goes well, I'll do ones for the other 7 games that I have. I really do think these games are worth looking into if you're going to talk about girl games, and they certainly had way more thought put into them than all of the dress-up/creepy fetishy-looking dentist/child-rearing stuff that's been in the thread so far.

Edit: Link to the stream channel.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 16, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Adnachiel posted:

I managed to get the copies of the Purple Moon games that I have to run. So next Saturday (the 22nd) at around 2 or 3 PM PST, I'm gonna do a stream of Rockett's New School. If that goes well, I'll do ones for the other 7 games that I have. I really do think these games are worth looking into if you're going to talk about girl games, and they certainly had way more thought put into them than all of the dress-up/creepy fetishy-looking dentist/child-rearing stuff that's been in the thread so far.

Oh wow, this looks really interesting! I look forward to seeing these games. I've never heard of any of these before.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Alpha3KV posted:

Girls like Robots is a pretty fun puzzle game with good music, no lie.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So my tournament went long, because I was planning to drop out when I lost but I just won so...

Barring a disaster, I'll girl games stream next Friday (2/21) at 9 PM

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I played way too long with the manga creator and came up with....

The Trials of Mary, Campus Crusader for Christ

It's a lovely morning, but Mary spots a sinner in need of saving! (Read right to left, like those Japanese comics the kids like!)

Mary is so focused on saving these boys that she doesn't even notice those other sinners! You can do it, Mary!

Remember, ever-changing hair is but one of God's gifts!

Sometimes sinners can give you the slip! Mary knows you need to hold on to at least one of them!

But sometimes sinners are really wily, homosexuals especially. Mary will find them later, though.

A typical conversation between sinners takes place. They're not even eating a proper Christian meal!

Mary senses the sinner Mark nearby! She needs to go read her catechism, but she makes sure to remind him of Christ's love.

The next day Mark finds Jesus! Hurray!

Or not! Remember that some sinners are stubborn. Mary can do it, and you can, too!

Gyre fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 16, 2014

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

DurpTwoTwo posted:

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Oh my gosh that animal abuse in the first two games! I mean, I've played plenty of games with what could possibly be construed as animal abuse but you're just straight up throwing/kicking your dog friend at cats.
Also the gameplay reminds me of a very, very bad Thomas Was Alone. Which makes me kind of sad.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

:siren: BOYZ TIME :siren:

with Dyslexiactic!

Omg, Dys and I, like, totally check out some cute boyz.

Dramatization:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: BOYZ TIME :siren:

with Dyslexiactic!

Omg, Dys and I, like, totally check out some cute boyz.

Dramatization:

For a moment there I thought it was the return of the money tree.

But no, it was just snakes.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

It's me, I'm the Fake LP Girl. The False Playdie.

:swoon: thank you, Geop-senpai~

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?
Romney may have lost the elections, but he has won my heart <3

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gyre posted:

I played way too long with the manga creator and came up with....

The Trials of Mary, Campus Crusader for Christ

I feel like this is the kind of manga a Christian anime fan who hated yaoi would come up with. Hell, there's a whole subset of awful fanart that tries to be religious, as if they're trying to reconcile their beliefs with their love for whatever show/comic/cartoon they're into.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Devious Vacuum posted:

Dramatization:

I didn't know you had pink hair, DVac!

Nihilarian posted:

For a moment there I thought it was the return of the money tree.

But no, it was just snakes.

:ssh: don't spoil DR Studios upcoming hair DLC.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
NOT THE HEDGEHOG GAME NO NO NO NO NOT AGAIN NOT AFTER THAT ONE STREAM

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL(because it's already stolen)

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I unironically played the Sonic one when I was younger. I'm just posting this to let you know that you shouldn't be my friend.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Compendium posted:

I feel like this is the kind of manga a Christian anime fan who hated yaoi would come up with. Hell, there's a whole subset of awful fanart that tries to be religious, as if they're trying to reconcile their beliefs with their love for whatever show/comic/cartoon they're into.

I was thinking Serenity, if you've ever heard of it. The idea actually came from noticing that on the page 2 it's pretty obtuse on how to change generic girl A's outfit from schoolgirl to something else. That page is also why her hair keeps changing, because you can't approximate that haircut in the other pages.

Gyre fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 17, 2014

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
So, Cool Teacher sorta reminde me of this guy, so... I decided to see if there were any dressup games based on Cabaret...

This was the closest I managed. And the music loop was horrifying.

(Note: It was really hard to click on certain items, especially near the red dress, because the hit detection always chose the dresses if it could. So extra fun!)

This same game is on about seven different sites under three different names.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
The fact that they didn't name that guy from Monster High "Flash Gorgon" makes me immediately lose all respect for the show.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ThatPazuzu posted:

I unironically played the Sonic one when I was younger. I'm just posting this to let you know that you shouldn't be my friend.

We all have our old shames. (So did I)

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Tenebrais posted:

We all have our old shames. (So did I)

The proper penance is to make a Girl Games Hedgehog and post it in the thread.

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
May I present Meg Ryan...

No. I have no idea either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
One of my favorite character creators.

Original Pokemon trainer do not steal.

• Locked thread