Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I just can't imagine the scenes of jubilation when they decided to name Chip's sidekick Tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Besson posted:

Andy Daly's podcast is something special and we will cherish it for years to come. What a magical time.

Hail Satan.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

On today's Who Charted, someone sent in a chart listing their worst fears and one was driving your car into a lake or off a cliff. And it reminded me of a podcast where the guest talked about watching a car full of people drive off a mountain cliff and all die when he was a kid.

I think it was Sklarbro Country but I'm not sure at all. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Odds are it was an Earwolf show.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Fezz posted:

I believe it's Billy Merritt. But it could have been Sean Conroy.

It was Sean Conroy. Billy Merritt played one of the guys who was killed.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Was the woman doing Carol Channing one of the Ronna and Beverly ladies?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Was the woman doing Carol Channing one of the Ronna and Beverly ladies?

Yeah, it was Jame Denbo, who is Beverly.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

speaking of Ronna and Beverly, thats a good podcast

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I do enjoy Hollywood Handbook, but when Dave Holmes brought up The Challenge my heart yearned for RSS.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Something I really miss from RSS was where they would riff on how great it was that some contestant was a racist piece of poo poo, but then at the end of the bit they would stop like "No but for real, it's disgusting that this is taking place on television." The non-stop irony is a little much to me, I wish they would toss out some sincerity once in a while.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
New podcast called "You Talkin' U2 To Me?". Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman talkin' U2.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I do sort of miss things like the earnest discussion about Gigolos they had with Damien Fahey in episode 2 of RSS. I was listening to that again the other day and that's something you don't really get from HH.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

As someone who watches The Bachelor and Party Down South and a number of terrible reality shows, I miss Sean and Hayes perspective on all the crazy. Like seriously, they would go ham on Party Down South, a show in which the cast had to reintroduce themselves after getting black out drunk the first day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really blame them for moving on, seems like no one was listening to RSS. (And it's impossible to recommend because the reality show thing puts people off)

Hollywood Handbook is doing a little better if the Soundcloud numbers are anything to go by but it's not a huge improvement. (Maybe like 2,000/3,000 more downloads on each episode compared to RSS) Dunno about iTunes.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

urk the quack posted:

New podcast called "You Talkin' U2 To Me?". Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman talkin' U2.

This should be really good. Adam brings out a particularly goofy side of Scott and I have a sneaking suspicion that Harris will be making an appearance at some point to debate the merits of Phish and U2 Phish owns.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't really blame them for moving on, seems like no one was listening to RSS. (And it's impossible to recommend because the reality show thing puts people off)

Hollywood Handbook is doing a little better if the Soundcloud numbers are anything to go by but it's not a huge improvement. (Maybe like 2,000/3,000 more downloads on each episode compared to RSS) Dunno about iTunes.

That is disconcerting. Even if there are certain things I liked more about RSS, I just want to continue being able to listen to these guys, so I want HH to keep going.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tnimark posted:

I do enjoy Hollywood Handbook, but when Dave Holmes brought up The Challenge my heart yearned for RSS.

I just finished listening to all of RSS for the first time over the weekend, and I was right there with you. They made it immensely fun to listen to recaps of reality shows that I have absolutely no familiarity with. I was very excited to hear about some new Challenge antics...but I was also worried that it might be too scary.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I cry a little inside whenever I skip past Shark Tank on tv.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've been listening to Topics all night and now I wish there was a Hollywood Handbook crossover between the two podcasts, kind of like a sarcasm fight. By that I mean Sean and Hayes would renounce the Michaels' use of sarcasm and introduce them to the cultural concept of New Sincerity.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I like the turn they've taken lately where they live with their parents and still get grounded.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Well it's a given when they're so young and hip, much more so then that old Shelby Fero lady.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Well it's a given when they're so young and hip, much more so then that old Shelby Fero lady.

I think that episode might actually have been my favourite even though they were pretty much just doing the same joke for like 20 minutes.

Either that, or the one where Grace Helbig taught them how to turn on a computer and get to YouTube

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Doing punch up for Teen Pope was pretty great

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Definetely my favorite episode, though it didn't really feel like a normal episode and more of a long I4H sketch.

"Heh, thanks, Christ" :smug:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

urk the quack posted:

LARRY'S THE DRILL SERGEANT!

That episode way way back when they talked about U2 was hilarious. And it was one of the greatest episodes of CDR in my opinion. Adam Scott, Jesse Ventura, and Ice-T.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
ugh just release the first episode when you announce a show this preview thing is annoying

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
That podcast brings the total count of Earwolf podcasts to about 36, more than Nerdist (barely) or Max Fun.

I always thought Nerdist put out the most podcasts of anyone, but from what I can tell Earwolf takes the top spot.

Granted, both networks have podcasts that "died" a long time ago and are still hosted by the sites, and it's not straightforward to tell which podcasts are "over" or "taking a break" or whatever. I'm still surprised Earwolf has that many though.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 19, 2014

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Groucho Marxist posted:

That was pretty great and a really good idea by whatever handsome guy thought of it.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Help Im Alive posted:

Either that, or the one where Grace Helbig taught them how to turn on a computer and get to YouTube

This is so good I spilled my computer juice.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

isnt that right posted:

That was pretty great and a really good idea by whatever handsome guy thought of it.

lol

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

isnt that right posted:

I bet you think a fancy dinner is like loving olive garden or something or whatever else is on in one of those flyover states :rolleyes:

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH
I absolutely love listening to Sean and Hayes butchering the English language in new and interesting ways. And this week, the Italian language! Speaking of Olive Garden, I have to get there soon so I can binge watch the new House of Cards.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I bet you think a fancy dinner is like loving olive garden or something or whatever else is on in one of those flyover states :rolleyes:

Give me a little credit. When I wanna go out to a fancy dinner here in Nebraska or Ohio or whatever loving boring rear end state I live in, I go to Cracker Barrel.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
We all know they don't have restaurants in these places. Their mom or wife or whoever rings a big cast iron triangle, and they run into the wooden farm house or ramshackle shack to eat.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

LARRY'S THE DRILL SERGEANT!

That episode way way back when they talked about U2 was hilarious. And it was one of the greatest episodes of CDR in my opinion. Adam Scott, Jesse Ventura, and Ice-T.

HEY BROS

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Larry Mullins rear end hairs have crew cuts.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
Holy crap, Get Fit Now with Bill Carter is just incredible.

They have to find a way to continue this past the next 5 episodes. Please?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

thefncrow posted:

Holy crap, Get Fit Now with Bill Carter is just incredible.

They have to find a way to continue this past the next 5 episodes. Please?

Every week is so good, the more Andy Daly the better.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Trainer to non-stars, though

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I wasn't sure how Bill's episode would go because he's not a character that appears as often as many of the others and his persona didn't seem to be as much of a crazy caricature as characters like Dalton Wilcox or Don DiMello.

But holy poo poo that was god drat hilarious, couldn't stop laughing. I really hope that the Podcast Pilot Project becomes permanent and every week we get a different character's podcast.

Really fantastic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Would love to see Paul F Tompkin's take on the 'podcast pilot' format: Cooking With The Cake Boss, Monster Hunting And Polygamy With Garry Marshall