Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Jenx posted:

That you seem to think that every single person who plays Magic in the world, even at FNM level, has a smart phone with a camera is equally loving hilarious. For example, I haven't had a phone with a camera on it until last year. I simply never needed one.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that a thread about a trading card game (where obviously not everyone has the same resources) is actually arguing about smart phone bullshit by using the point that not everyone has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

AlternateNu posted:

That's not what he's saying. He's saying that a thread about a trading card game (where obviously not everyone has the same resources) is actually arguing about smart phone bullshit by using the point that not everyone has one.

This doesn't prove or disprove what you just posted, but it just occurred to me that if you got mailed even one of the old-art foil Wasteland promos back in like 2001, and kept it to this day, it's almost like Wizards gave you a pretty loving good smartphone for free. :shepface:

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

JerryLee posted:

(Note: People like Maro and Forsythe aren't in such a policy-affecting position, if we take them at their implied word that they would like to roll back or skirt around the obstacles to reprinting but are not in a position to do so. I'm talking about the Hasbro CEOs here.)
I'll give you that, but people on the lower rungs of the ladder could very well profit by such behavior by insider trading, even if they can't sway reprints to benefit themselves.

I imagine that another explanation is that the business model Wizards employs requires that the secondary market stay healthy and competitive. It means that they can later roll out a bunch of reprints in order to move packs basically at will.I believe some people put forward the theory that Thoughtseize was put into Theros precisely as a way to ensure that it would sell well; either on flavor, mechanics, or just by virtue of having Thoughtseize.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 15, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Veyrall posted:

I'll give you that, but people on the lower rungs of the ladder could very well profit by such behavior by insider trading, even if they can't sway reprints to benefit themselves.

I'll likewise give you that, but such low-rung people have no opportunities to influence the company to "work so hard" to prop up the secondary market to its current ludicrous heights, which is what I thought you were talking about.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MMD3 posted:

man this thread moves fast.

Okay, looking for a recommendation for a ~$50 budget mono black devotion deck. My friend has built his blue/white heroic hoplite hidden strings deck and I want to be able to put up a fight. It seems like mono black devotion could be fun even if a budget version isn't going to win me any tournaments. This is strictly casual play.

I have an Erebos and 4x boon of erebos, 4x read the bones, 4x gray merchant, etc. What's a reasonably priced build for a mono-black devotion deck? Please keep in mind I'm really new to MTG.

edit: I don't have any thoughseizes unfortunately :cry:

This is kinda being ignored so I'll try to help. Try this deck, its mostly copied from a monoblack deck that did well in a tournament recently despite being a bit unconventional for monoblack. I'm just c/ping it from my friends deckbox:

http://deckbox.org/sets/593691

Replace the thoughtseizes with duress for now. Replace the heros downfalls with doomblade or some other removal. Take one erebos out since you only have one and take the whip out if you want, replace them with some budget cards like more orzhavas gifts (which the original deck did my buddy just wanted to use his cards). You could also throw in some herald of torments in there. They're good, fit the deck design, and are super cheap right now. I wouldnt cut the pack rats, but modify that deck I posted like I suggested and you'll make out in under $50 and have a fun deck to use. If you can't find eye gouges then use wring flesh, most of the time you'll actually use it on your own agent of the fates to force enemy sacs. It's a fun deck to play and you can upgrade it as you get the more expensive cards. The sideboard is cheap too.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

threefive posted:

Knowing multiple people at WOTC: no one does this. They'd be fired instantly.
People are dumb, I wouldn't be shocked that someone at wizards(remember its a decently sized company) gets enough inside info about upcoming cards and FFL type stuff, and speculates based on that. How would you ever prove it? There's also the fact that we know there are several leaks within the company since MTGSalvation has legitimately spoiled cards a long ways off from their official spoiler day debut.

Now do I think the design team people do this? No.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Fingers McLongDong posted:

This is kinda being ignored so I'll try to help. Try this deck, its mostly copied from a monoblack deck that did well in a tournament recently despite being a bit unconventional for monoblack. I'm just c/ping it from my friends deckbox:

http://deckbox.org/sets/593691

Replace the thoughtseizes with duress for now. Replace the heros downfalls with doomblade or some other removal. Take one erebos out since you only have one and take the whip out if you want, replace them with some budget cards like more orzhavas gifts (which the original deck did my buddy just wanted to use his cards). You could also throw in some herald of torments in there. They're good, fit the deck design, and are super cheap right now. I wouldnt cut the pack rats, but modify that deck I posted like I suggested and you'll make out in under $50 and have a fun deck to use. If you can't find eye gouges then use wring flesh, most of the time you'll actually use it on your own agent of the fates to force enemy sacs. It's a fun deck to play and you can upgrade it as you get the more expensive cards. The sideboard is cheap too.

awesome, thanks! i'll take a look for these and see if I can't get it built out to try this weekend.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
I, for one, am utterly shocked that a thread about magic: the gathering has stereotypical magic players in it.

Relatedly, how's valentines day registration in Paris going for that legacy tournament?

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AlternateNu posted:

Thank you for getting it.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MMD3 posted:

awesome, thanks! i'll take a look for these and see if I can't get it built out to try this weekend.

Let me know how it goes! Theres a lot of fun interactions in the deck. I personally believe that herald of torment is an upgrade from nighthowler, but nighthowler works well because you can discard your own creatures with packrat and should be forcing a decent number of sacs with agent. You'll find yourself doing stuff like eyegouging your own agents in response to declared attackers and abusing the deathtouch on agent too. Once you add some target removal on top of that your friend's heroic deck should struggle pretty hard. Grab some bile blights if you can for decks that token swarm faster than you can keep them down. Don't forget to ask in the goon selling thread for cards too, its usually cheaper than store prices. Dont be afraid to ask for a little off the top at the store too if you buy a bunch all at once if you do. Have fun.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
So I almost never play the pack lotto (or the real one, but this weekend will be an exception to that, too), but I was in Walmart and decided to check the MTG section for Commander decks like I always do. They only had two Theros packs left in stock, so what the hell. Well, first pack....

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
So if you took a picture of your opponents Birds of Paradise that was in his hand after you cast Thoughtseize, then a judge gets called because you are taking a long tme fumbling with your phone because you can't remember if it matched the edition of the one he just played...
Is that a time walk?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I prefer to Xerox my opponents hand

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I inscribe my opponent's hand into my DNA so that my children will be born knowing what the hand was.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Gyshall posted:

I prefer to Xerox my opponents hand

This except I Xerox their literal hand. They're so creeped out, it's like the ultimate psych warfare.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I transcribe my opponents' hands onto a set of golden plates, so that one day in the distant future a new, superior religion will be founded on my shared knowledge of its contents.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Mikujin posted:

I transcribe my opponents' hands onto a set of golden plates, so that one day in the distant future a new, superior religion will be founded on my shared knowledge of its contents.

This sounds like a slow play violation imho

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

a dozen swans posted:

This sounds like a slow play violation imho

Dude, it's just FNM, let him do whatever.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I have a similar idea involving inscribing my opponent's hand on a golden plate, except then I mount it on a space probe and launch it on a solar escape trajectory so that any aliens who play him in the later rounds will know all about his terrible deck.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just remember the cards, as the good Dr Garfield intended.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I have a similar idea involving inscribing my opponent's hand on a golden plate, except then I mount it on a space probe and launch it on a solar escape trajectory so that any aliens who play him in the later rounds will know all about his terrible deck.

Finally, an explanation for what happens in Without Warning.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Veyrall posted:

What you guys often fail to understand it that until VERY recently, almost every single WotC employee who is in a position to do what you're describing is loving. terrible. at Magic and no amount of FFL testing is going to give them a clue about what will be hot or not.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Mob posted:

What you guys often fail to understand it that until VERY recently, almost every single WotC employee who is in a position to do what you're describing is loving. terrible. at Magic and no amount of FFL testing is going to give them a clue about what will be hot or not.
The employees on last weeks stream were jerking off quite a bit "We didn't nail down the exact 60 but we did figure out the current meta would shape up like it has." Is it bullshit? I don't know.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Insider trading for new set releases isn't that great because almost all cards that are remotely good preorder at $10-20. And then the opposite happens, where they never expected Mono Blue Devotion to be much of a thing.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Korak posted:

The employees on last weeks stream were jerking off quite a bit "We didn't nail down the exact 60 but we did figure out the current meta would shape up like it has." Is it bullshit? I don't know.

Basically about 5 or so years ago they hired pro players as developers. They are much better at designing standard constructed now.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Kasonic posted:

Insider trading for new set releases isn't that great because almost all cards that are remotely good preorder at $10-20. And then the opposite happens, where they never expected Mono Blue Devotion to be much of a thing.

There was an article after theros with decks from the ffl. They did have a mono u devotion deck

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/277

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 15, 2014

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

So I almost never play the pack lotto (or the real one, but this weekend will be an exception to that, too), but I was in Walmart and decided to check the MTG section for Commander decks like I always do. They only had two Theros packs left in stock, so what the hell. Well, first pack....

I had to pass a foil Karametra during draft tonight because the other rare was a Brimaz...
I wanted to just scoop my cards and call it a night, but that would've been too dickish.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

AlternateNu posted:

I had to pass a foil Karametra during draft tonight because the other rare was a Brimaz...
I wanted to just scoop my cards and call it a night, but that would've been too dickish.

Foil awful vs. Regular good stuff isn't a reason to be upset.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Let me know how it goes! Theres a lot of fun interactions in the deck. I personally believe that herald of torment is an upgrade from nighthowler, but nighthowler works well because you can discard your own creatures with packrat and should be forcing a decent number of sacs with agent. You'll find yourself doing stuff like eyegouging your own agents in response to declared attackers and abusing the deathtouch on agent too. Once you add some target removal on top of that your friend's heroic deck should struggle pretty hard. Grab some bile blights if you can for decks that token swarm faster than you can keep them down. Don't forget to ask in the goon selling thread for cards too, its usually cheaper than store prices. Dont be afraid to ask for a little off the top at the store too if you buy a bunch all at once if you do. Have fun.

I couldn't find any bile blights or gift of orzhova's at the shop but here's what I ended up with with a friend's help

How does this look?

1x Erebos, God of the Dead
2x Herald of Torment
1x Erebos's Emissary
4x Gray Merchant of Asphodel
4x Pack Rat
3x Agent of the Fates
3x Insatiable Harpy
1x Deathgaze Cockatrice

2x Eye Gouge
3x Pharika's Cure
3x Duress
3x Doom Blade
2x Read the Bones
3x Underworld Connections
2x Ordeal of Erebos
2x Whip of Erebos

What should I drop to make room for a few more land?

I have extras of doom blade, duress, and eye gouge.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

JerryLee posted:

I'll likewise give you that, but such low-rung people have no opportunities to influence the company to "work so hard" to prop up the secondary market to its current ludicrous heights, which is what I thought you were talking about.
Ahh, that's my fault. I should have been more specific. But yeah,

Mob posted:

This is a very good point.

I kinda want to see a bunch of Magic employees play against each other now. I just want to see exactly how skilled they actually are at playing the game, even if they are pretty good at making it fun.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MMD3 posted:

I couldn't find any bile blights or gift of orzhova's at the shop but here's what I ended up with with a friend's help

How does this look?

1x Erebos, God of the Dead
2x Herald of Torment
1x Erebos's Emissary
4x Pack Rat
3x Agent of the Fates
3x Insatiable Harpy
1x Deathgaze Cockatrice

2x Eye Gouge
3x Pharika's Cure
3x Duress
3x Doom Blade
2x Read the Bones
2x Ordeal of Erebos
2x Whip of Erebos

What should I drop to make room for a few more land?

I have extras of doom blade, duress, and eye gouge.

I would take out the insatiable harpys and deathgaze cockatrice when you can and replace them with tormented heroes, you have way too much stuff in the 4cmc area and it will slow you down a lot. I would also take out read the bones and depend on underworld connections for your extra draws, throw some more land in there. Replace those ordeals when you get the chance too but thats ok since they were out of gift of orzhava. Cant do much more for now than what your shop has available! Looks like you made out cheap and you can always finish off the rest later.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Yeah, I only spent about $40 I'm addition to what I already had, and I managed to open a Thassa after picking up a couple packs of theros.

What's so great about tormented hero? Just that its low cost for a 2/1?

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems
Rishadan Port is at $100.

What. The. gently caress.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MMD3 posted:

Yeah, I only spent about $40 I'm addition to what I already had, and I managed to open a Thassa after picking up a couple packs of theros.

What's so great about tormented hero? Just that its low cost for a 2/1?

Yeah two power for 1cmc is always a good thing and its good to have something early to swing with in an aggressive creature deck. If you fill up on 4cmc cards you'll have games where you dont draw a something to play early and end up trying to drop one creature a turn to block the army your opponent already put down until you die. You do have a lot of control in there but those creatures I pointed out aren't worth it for their costs.

dokomoy
May 21, 2004

Veyrall posted:

I kinda want to see a bunch of Magic employees play against each other now. I just want to see exactly how skilled they actually are at playing the game, even if they are pretty good at making it fun.

There are a bunch of guys working for Wizards now who have made Pro Tour Top 8s(Worth, David Humpherys, Mike Turrian, Gerry Thompson and Aaron Forsythe and maybe others?). I only got back into magic around this time last year so I don't know how it used to be, but now it seems like they have a lot of very good players.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Lately I've been playing a lot of Mono-B aggro, instead of regular Mono-B (which is rampant in my local meta) The deck is LOADS of fun to play, and I highly recommend it for anyone. I'm also just glad to be playing Agent of the Fate.dek

Deck has a lot of lines of play, and you get a lot of weird looks from people once you drop an Agent of the Fates or a Herald of Torment. I'm very excited for Scavenging Ooze to rotate out so that people will start appreciating Nighthowler more.

Born of the Gods added some fun :

- Eye Gouge: This card is pretty incredibly. It helps you deal with opponents blockers. It enables heroic for Agent of the Fates and Tormented Hero (Both of those heroic triggers have been relevant.) And most importantly I got to use it for its greatest purpose: Kill a Mutavault, on the opponents T2 no less. It felt incredible.

- Herald of Torment: Okay, I might just really like this card because I think he's rad, but whatever. He's a 3/3 flier for 3 so he eats Nightveil Spectres all day which is important. And he's a great bestow for Agent or Hero because he's an additional way to gain evasion outside of Gift of Orzhova. Also I'm speculating that in a few months he'll increase in price and my wild baseless speculation will pay off. (yeah right!)

- Sidebord Bile Blight: I'm really enjoying this against Mono-U, Zombie tokens, and Pack Rats. I'm torn on whether I like this more than Drown in Sorrow (I'm still leaning towards Bile Blight over Drown in Sorrow

Mono-B Aggro

Land:

15x Swamp
2x Temple of Deceit
2x Temple of Silence
4x Mutavault

//23 Total

Spells:

4x Thoughtseize
3x Eye Gouge
3x Gift of Orzhova
2x Hero's Downfall

//15 Total

Creatures:

4x Tormented Hero
4x Pack Rat
4x Agent of the Fates
3x Nighthowler
3x Herald of Torment

// 22 Total

Sideboard:

2x Duress
4x Dark Betrayal
2x Ultimate Price
2x Doom Blade
3x Bile Blight
2x Hero's Downfall

I'm considering finding a slot for 2x Guild in the sideboard so that I can get rid of pesky gods.

I've been top 4-ing consistently with it at events (FNM's, Wednesday Night Standards, etc) And I've been very competitive in testing it with my team.

Today at FNM I went 3-1 for a 2nd place finish.

R1 vs Rakdos Midrange: Win 2-1

G1: I lost to dreadbore-> dreadbore -> gild -> sepulchral primordial -> whip of erebos. Which was surprising to say the least

G2: I sideboard in some dark betrayals and go hog wild. During this game I Eye Gouge my Agent of Fates to make my opponent sacrifice a creature.

G3: Opponent takes the play and goes T1 Mutavault. I go T1 swamp, Pass. Opponent goes T2 Swamp -> Activate mutavault. I Eye Gouge the Mutavault ad do a happy dance. Opponent find his second land on T6.

R2 vs UW Heroic/Enchantments: Win 2-0

This was a tough matchup for my opponent, he'd just finished brewing the deck and couldn't find any Sphere of Safety's, which would have significantly improved his deck. He did toss down Detention Spheres and Pacifisms to get a Heliod online and to power up an Ethereal Armors. Also: Eidolon of Countless Battles.

But it wasn't enough to stop the Voltron.

R3 vs bant control AKA RAMP GOD: Lose 1-2

I got paired down for this matchup so of course I lost it (a bloo bloo bloo bloo) This matchup is super fun. My opponent was a friend, and a member of the team that I'm on so we've tested these two decks against eachother a fair amount. His deck is all about Courser and Kiora and the UW and GW gods ramping into Archangel of Thune and Angel of Serenity. Also Primeval Bounty does all the things. It's got incredible synergy and is really great to see the deck in action.

G1: Opponent ramps into early Ephara and Karametra and D-Spheres everything.

G2: I Thoughtseize a Sylvan Caryatid, Thoughtseize a second Sylvan Caryatid, and have an agent of fates heroic trigger force my opponent to sacrifice a third Sylvan Caryatid. At this point my opponent is still stuck on two lands and has 3 Caryatids in the graveyard, so he scoops.

G3: I keep a hand that has 2x Mutavaults, 2x Temples, Eye Gouge, Gift of Orzhova, and Underworld Connections. My deck then decides to never show me an actual creature. I draw a pile of land and a moderate amount of removal, but it's not enough to stop the Primeval Bounty on the other side of the table. Oh well.

R4 vs Grixis Control/Superfriends, he's also the only person at 3-0: Win 2-0

My opponent was playing a really cool brew. I saw Ashiok, Ral Zarek, Jace, Master of Cruelties (Cool!), Aetherling, Turn//Burn, Rakdos Return, Counters, Removal, thoughtseize, and MOTHERFUCKING SLAUGHTER GAMES HELL YEAH!

G1: Both my deck and my opponents deck both kind of durdle round and are playing very strangely. I keep a terrible hand (6 land and underworld connections) I get in with mutavault beats for a while, Underworld Connections gets countered. I finally draw a creature and Gray Merchant for 2 :( Opponent lands a Jace and Ashiok, in response I put Gift of Orzhova and punch in with a pantsed up merchant for the tragic victory, completely ignoring his planeswalkers.

G2: Opponent has a great set of plays where he Thoughtseizes me on his T3 (My T2) and rips a pack rat out of my hand, then on T4 goes SLAUGHTER GAMES BEST CARD EVER for Gray Merchant. While looking through my deck my opponent simply says "This is definitely not what I was expecting you to have in this deck." I get my opponent down to 4 but my board has been emptied except for a mutavault, and 5 other land. I have a Herald of Torment in hand. Opponent has a Master of Cruelties on the board (he says it won him 4 games over the course of the day.) So he can't swing

Luckily I draw my 7th land, activate Mutavault, tap out to bestow Herald of Torment on my Mutavault, and go over the top for the win.

All in all a great set of games with some weird scenarios. My final opponent for the day told me that I'm his kryptonite. He only plays FNM occasionally but usually places rather well. Apparently though, his record against me specifically is just terrible, which I think is pretty funny. Because I have one guy at my FLGS who is MY kryptonite. My record against him is terrible. So I reassured my opponent that he is also kryptonite for someone else out there in the Magic: The Gathering world. Everybody has a FNM nemesis, it's funny idea.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Every time i go play magic I am reminded of why I don't loving play magic. Before the draft I got harassed by That One Guy, the probably socially developmentally disabled kid to play modern with him. He's babbling incessantly and eating hot pockets and burping and saying poo poo like "I decided to eat these two hot pockets because I was hungry" and cheese is going everywhere and just fuuuuck. I told him I didn't really want to play at the moment, the draft was about to start, and my deck wasn't sleeved and he said something along the lines of "don't worry I'll beat you fast" so since I wanted to try out my deck against Affinity anyway, I relent and tell him to wash his hands.
He continues rambling loudly about how good his deck is while I'm sleeving mine up and when I'm done he says oh hang on I forgot and goes and puts another loving hot pocket in the microwave.

He draws his hand without doing anything to determine who goes first and plays a loving vault of whispers two loving ornithopters and a skullclamp and while he's mid-grog I say you know those are banned right? He sighs and says WHY DOES EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THE STUPID loving BANLIST?

I don't have the time or inclination or probably the ability to interact with this guy on any level so I just pack up my cards and bag and walk over to and empty table and wait for the draft to start. There are seven other people in my pod, a few normals, a few creepy old men, a man who has perhaps the largest belly on any human being I've ever seen, a giant dude with red hair and a beard wearing a loving utilikilt and a ten year old kid, you know the kind, who spends a ton of time and dads money reading about and buying cards. The whole time the Utilikilt Viking is saying to the kid poo poo like "I'm gonna cut you like a little bitch" and being generally just terrible, The Belly to my left is threatening to pull me into orbit around him, and the old bearded man to my right is staring at the little kid with a yearning so pure and true and unwavering and steadfast that it's making me a little depressed knowing I'll never have a love that beautiful.

The draft goes okay, I go 2-1 and make my money back with a Nykthos and a Courser of Kruphix and a mistcutter hydra, all stuff I was planning on buying but I guess the point of this post was I hope that they release a not-rear end version of MTGOnline soon because MTG seems to attract the type of people with their heads so far up their own asses they are, medically speaking, pretzels, and it makes it really really hard to enjoy the game.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
A gaming store having a microwave sounds like a completely terrible idea, I have no idea what people would use it for that isn't a total mess waiting to happen.

Presuming that a slobby gaming store is going to attract slobs, is there any other place you could play MTG around? Perhaps one where the normal people hang out since they also don't want to be around those guys?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
:stare: Well that sounds like a terrible place, it would be hard to blame someone for not going back. I've always had good experiences with the stores around here for the most part so its always hard to believe places like that exist. I accept that I'm involved in a pretty nerdy hobby and dont mind putting up with a degree of spergy-ness but jeez. Most people I encounter are usually fairly shy so I try to be friendly.

Also mezzanon I enjoyed your post about the agent deck. I've liked that deck since I first saw it and was glad my practice buddy decided to build it when I showed it to him. It got some really useful stuff from BotG too, makes me want to build my own.

Fingers McLongDong fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

:stare: Well that sounds like a terrible place, it would be hard to blame someone for not going back. I've always had good experiences with the stores around here for the most part so its always hard to believe places like that exist.
He might be playing it up for humor. I don't think Sharzak was in any genuine danger of being sucked into orbit around the overweight gentleman seated next to him. But I'm worried that I've met the Affinity guy he's talking about.

Also, Sharzak, I don't know why the existance of utilikilts bothers you as much as it does. I've seen way worse with the Yu-Gi-Oh crowd at my LGS that "cosplays" as "original characters" that generally consist of over-dyed, over-sprayed spike hair, plastic shoulderpads, neon colors, and a desperate lack of aesthetic sense. But they don't steal anything and are pretty polite, which apparently puts them miles ahead of other Yu-Gi-Oh crowds.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 15, 2014

• Locked thread