Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Heh, true but this is an announced thing and not an "oops, we forgot to tell you" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I envy all you goons who see what the new required character is and then get them with the next token. Went to bed 6th in my Simulator pool last night but slipped right down into the top 50 bracket, would've been top if I had a Loki to hit up the extra missions with :(

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
So Classic Storm's blue power in this event is amazing. I managed to get her to level 85 due to all the iso-8 it throws at you, and because she is boosted she does 2420 to the whole enemy team and stuns one for 4 turns. Most matches end as soon as I manage to get 11 blue.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Wow.. so uh... Classic Magneto's blue can overwrite everything, including countdown tiles. Has it always been that way?

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Yeah, certainly for as long as I can remember. Always been an rear end in a top hat and blocking my next move(s)

Edit: Oh, thanks upload function for being massively delayed in working. #whatever

Only registered members can see post attachments!

matryx fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 14, 2014

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Friendly Fire posted:

Heh, true but this is an announced thing and not an "oops, we forgot to tell you" thing.

"Forgot." Yeah. That's what happened.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I actually died to the Mafia Don's Trap, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

:negative:

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They dropped the 5K reward down to 1K ...boo I need iso.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:
Glad I was only able to snag one then, and it was a cover I needed for Classic Storm. I shouldn't have been able to do hard simulation at all but the free Iron Man in the second battle let me cheese out a lot of points.

That first round treated me really well actually, I had a smattering of mediocre covers that fit in the powered up list. I got all my guys maxed and have like 6000 ISO to spare. Of course I can't do anything with it since rolling for covers is a gigantic waste. :sigh:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Ugh Loki is no longer powered up and instead it's Magneto for whom I have 1 single cover :emo:

At least Daken and OG Storm are still half powered.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Haha holy poo poo the Invisible Woman shield tile on hard mode decreases damage by 642. A single shield tile. Welp.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Mons Hubris posted:

Haha holy poo poo the Invisible Woman shield tile on hard mode decreases damage by 642. A single shield tile. Welp.

Never has Captain's power been as useful...it was the only way to win.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

^^ good tip! I'll have to remember that poor schmuck when I try that one

Syrinxx posted:

Ugh Loki is no longer powered up and instead it's Magneto for whom I have 1 single cover :emo:

At least Daken and OG Storm are still half powered.
I also only have one cover on Magneto... but it's purple and that poo poo just DESTROYS powered up. :getin:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

My Daken team managed to punch thru a 500 damage one. It's still bullshit bit my own BS was stronger.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
No magneto for the side missions. Goodbye Psylocke!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Snazzy Frocks posted:

This is a nine day event, I am just waiting for the shoe to drop and a side mission to require IW or Daredevil and knock me out of a chance to get Psylocke too.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

Good news!

quote:

Simulator Event Round 1 Rewards Issue - 2/14

Unread postby IceIX » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:21 pm
Reposting here for added visibility.

We're aware of an issue where some users got incorrect rewards for their placement in Round 1 of the Simulators. We will be reissuing the correct rewards to affected players later today. If you do not receive those corrected rewards, please contact support.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

In a twisted stroke of luck managed to defeat the don and his cronies, IW and Punisher after accidentally trying to fight them at lvl 230. A poorly timed Molotov Cocktail brought everyone on my team down to below 50% and dealt about 6000 hp worth of Storm's retribution damage leaving only the lowly don and his lack of damaging countdown tiles to take out.

Back in the running after that 2300 point deposit.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

This is a nine day event, I am just waiting for the shoe to drop and a side mission to require IW or Daredevil and knock me out of a chance to get Psylocke too.

I long gave up on getting new heroes the first time they're available.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I feel like it's getting harder and harder to get 3 covers on new heroes, which doesn't make sense as my stable of characters is getting stronger. But top 300'ing both Hulk events was super easy and this has just been poo poo. I started out well, but I dropped to top 50 already. My missions just aren't worth that much XP, I'm not sure how the top places are so far ahead of me.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Anyone know what determines which hero fights with the environment tiles?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Huh, ISO is half price today. Still not worth it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Anyone know what determines which hero fights with the environment tiles?

Every hero has a stat for environment tiles so whoever is highest. If you mean in the case of a tie, I believe the thread came to the conclusion of "we have no idea."

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Karnegal posted:

I feel like it's getting harder and harder to get 3 covers on new heroes, which doesn't make sense as my stable of characters is getting stronger. But top 300'ing both Hulk events was super easy and this has just been poo poo. I started out well, but I dropped to top 50 already. My missions just aren't worth that much XP, I'm not sure how the top places are so far ahead of me.

That's by design. The more you win, the harder it gets. Better characters help but that will only increase the difficulty faster.

As for the PvE event, their points rewards get refreshed every now an then, so I just keep an eye on them and do anyone that is worth more than 100 points (in easy, gently caress hard). After a while they go back to being worth 150-300 points and I do them again. I am safely in the top 5 without playing that much doing this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

trucutru posted:

That's by design. The more you win, the harder it gets. Better characters help but that will only increase the difficulty faster.

Does the design also reduce difficulty per loss? because it's bullshit that I always have to fight an uphill battle even though I win only 30% of my games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dizz posted:

Does the design also reduce difficulty per loss? because it's bullshit that I always have to fight an uphill battle even though I win only 30% of my games.

It seems like it is supposed to but in practice I haven't seen the levels ever drop from me wiping repeatedly on the missions in the last event.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

rabidsquid posted:

It seems like it is supposed to but in practice I haven't seen the levels ever drop from me wiping repeatedly on the missions in the last event.

I'd also like weaker opponents in PVP especially since when my main team wipes out I need to wait about 2 hours to try again.

E: I think my current goal is "earn enough HP to get 2-3 cover slots".

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Small server side patch today. Cap's yellow got buffed.

quote:

Characters
- Captain America (Modern): Sentinel of Liberty - Raised the strength of Protect tiles placed by this ability across the board.
Old -> New
Level 6, Ability level 1: 6 -> 13
Level 85, Ability level 5: 95 -> 150

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

trucutru posted:

As for the PvE event, their points rewards get refreshed every now an then, so I just keep an eye on them and do anyone that is worth more than 100 points (in easy, gently caress hard). After a while they go back to being worth 150-300 points and I do them again. I am safely in the top 5 without playing that much doing this.

Is there a post on how the matching in this game works? My main team sits at about level 50 but most of the time, the only pvp challenges I can find are in the 70-80 zone while I regularly get attacked in events by guys with teams of 80+.

Should I be leveling all my characters to max as quickly as possible or would I be fighting say level 100+ guys if my team is at level 80ish?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kegslayer posted:

Is there a post on how the matching in this game works? My main team sits at about level 50 but most of the time, the only pvp challenges I can find are in the 70-80 zone while I regularly get attacked in events by guys with teams of 80+.

Should I be leveling all my characters to max as quickly as possible or would I be fighting say level 100+ guys if my team is at level 80ish?

It's supposed to be matching you with people who have more or less your same skill level (that is, they win/loss ratio against similar opponents is close to yours) so, if you somehow always lose with your lvl100 guys, then you'll fight lovely lvl20 hawkeye teams and so on.

So your team members and level doesn't really matter, your opponents and the PvE difficulty is supposed to be set by your past performance. Now, if this is actually working properly that's another issue, but it should do that in theory.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man, gently caress those 230 guys. The only way I'm dealing with them now is getting Venom to eat them. At least its not like the last round where they took both Wolverine and Daken away. (Round 3 will have you facing a team of Wolverine, Daken and Punisher)

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
From what I have read, you have a hidden match making level that goes up as you win matches, and down as you lose them. When the game matches you with other players it picks ones in the same rough level as you.

This breaks because people skip matches they can't win so their match masking level is artificially high, giving them tons of opponents much higher than them.

At least, that is how it's supposed to work. How it actually works is anyone's guess.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Friendly Fire posted:

From what I have read, you have a hidden match making level that goes up as you win matches, and down as you lose them. When the game matches you with other players it picks ones in the same rough level as you.

This breaks because people skip matches they can't win so their match masking level is artificially high, giving them tons of opponents much higher than them.

At least, that is how it's supposed to work. How it actually works is anyone's guess.

If the punishment for losing a match wasn't "wait four hours to revive and heal up" I'd be much more willing to try for ones I thought would be a coin flip or worse.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Friendly Fire posted:

Small server side patch today. Cap's yellow got buffed.
A 40% increase in protect value for 0 tiles is not a buff.

SynthOrange posted:

Man, gently caress those 230 guys. The only way I'm dealing with them now is getting Venom to eat them. At least its not like the last round where they took both Wolverine and Daken away. (Round 3 will have you facing a team of Wolverine, Daken and Punisher)
I'm finding the 230s not so bad this time round compared to the Magneto Classic-required Iron Man/Bot/Daken fight. It's a perfect storm of locking me out of the best character I have, forcing me to use a villain I only have a blue and red cover for, and all of my other good characters being green-ability heavy and not buffed. Even using Spider-Man and boosts it's a crapshot to finish it.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, I know it will still never get used, I just thought it was interesting.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

Wait so if I'm matched with a higher level opponent, I should get my guys killed and lose the battle because skipping the match will make me fight opponents that are on an even higher level? :psyduck:

In this latest event, all my opponents are level 50 and beyond while my usable characters are at level 6. The whole matchmaking system seems terribly broken.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ghostlight posted:

I'm finding the 230s not so bad this time round compared to the Magneto Classic-required Iron Man/Bot/Daken fight. It's a perfect storm of locking me out of the best character I have, forcing me to use a villain I only have a blue and red cover for, and all of my other good characters being green-ability heavy and not buffed. Even using Spider-Man and boosts it's a crapshot to finish it.

I managed it with a 28 Magneto, max OBW and 14 Modern Storm.

Modern Storm is a beast in Oasis environments since Red -> Environment -> Green lets you deny the enemy team of any turns, with Magneto's Blue as a panic button. After taking like 3 or 4 hits, I managed to take out the entire enemy team without getting hit again, and OBW's Blue let me heal up the damage Magneto took tanking for the team. If I'd used boosts, I could probably have gotten away with not getting hit at all.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

In this latest event, all my opponents are level 50 and beyond while my usable characters are at level 6. The whole matchmaking system seems terribly broken.

It is.

I think shielding helps break it. Before it was ok because you could attack shielded players, still gain points and they would just not lose any, but now it pretty much takes them out of the rotation for attacking them. This means that, because people with more points tend to shield up when not playing, everyone else is stuck fighting lower level players or people too scary to attack unless you have a maxed roster. It also means that when you are actively playing, once you have gotten more points, it makes you a more common target so you get hit with crabbing more.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, the IW fight in "easy" is up to level 196 on my side. Come'on guys, we can push it to 230!

BTW, that artificial limit at 230 is obviously not funbalanced. There should be no limit, if some people can do level 768 missions then, obviously, everybody else should be able to do them too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Managed to beat the 230 IW team with my Storm, C.America, Daken. The secret is to gang-up on the Punisher and hope that the A.I. uses all the AP that the maggia boss produces on his lovely countdown tiles.

Apparently you also require a never-ending 4-crits in a row chain because I barely made it with that happening.