Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

KongGeorgeVII posted:

~$2700

~$1800

For $200 it's not a bad option really. No it's not perfect but at least here in Australia you pay that much for an Ikea table and these let you move houses easily and switch the top of your desk easily whenever you feel like it. I dunno, doesn't seem so dumb to me.

These were the fancy ones. You can find all kind of cheap trestles for 50/100$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

This is great. I would think that Kickstarter would have some of floor for funding requirements. I'm surprised you can make a project and ask for $8. I would think they would set it at $100 and up or something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Motley posted:

This is great. I would think that Kickstarter would have some of floor for funding requirements. I'm surprised you can make a project and ask for $8. I would think they would set it at $100 and up or something.

The Penny Arcade guys made a $1 campaign so it was basically flex funding

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I just noticed the risks and challenges part of the kickstarter. :laffo:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
It's doobie the second you guys!

quote:

Once our project is funded, we need help funding the necessary things to put out a great review... These necessities include lights, props, microphones, etc... We not only need Google Glass for this project, we need the necessities to make it look amazing...

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

It blows my mind that anyone would be willing to throw any money at this. I'm sure there will be plenty of high quality Google Glass reviews. Why would I want some kid who doesn't even have the equipment to put together a video showing me this $1500 piece of technology? People are dumb.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Weren't these kids already on here once? Is this their second bite at the apple of Kickstarter failure?

Unbootable
Jul 3, 2003
So, to make a long story short, one of my best friends growing up worked really hard to become a great gymnast and when Parkour blew up in America a few years back, he got on television for it and ended up getting all sorts of advertising deals from it and was just raking in cash for a while and opted to abandon that lifestyle in favor of just starting a farm.

He recently started an indiegogo (with flexible funding, of course.) with his girlfriend to ask people to e-fund their farming dreams.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-us-heal-the-earth-by-restoring-our-family-farm

The property he's using is property that his parents have owned for a number of years now, and prior to this he was trying to start a food forest in some rich dude's backyard and living at his house rent free along with a handful of other volunteers, last I checked a bunch of them had abandoned that project because it had basically stalled out. Also, my friend pointed out this really excellent part of their current website under the consulting banner:

"Besides hours and hours of textbook and online research and spending time with farmers, foragers and fellow permies, I’ve graduated from the following courses;

Edible Ecosystem Design Course (Nov 2012)- Dave Jacke
Permaculture Design Certificate Course (Oct 2013) - Geoff Lawton
Introduction to Urban Permaculture Design (Aug 2012) – Little Artshram
The Natural Cottage Project (July 2012) – Strawbale Studio"

I guess I'm just really angry because it reads like one of those E FUND OUR VACATION type deals where neither him nor his girlfriend really has any requisite experience to show in the area in which they're requesting funding, and also his girlfriend is one of those alternative medicine types that tries to ply off products like pink salt to people who are going through cancer treatment. (I witnessed that one happen first hand when she tried to ply off pink salt to his mom during her cancer treatment and luckily my mom (his mom's best friend) is pretty science oriented and managed to talk her out of what would otherwise have been a fairly useless and expensive purchase)

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
ive never met a levi who wasnt an avant garde art type

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Did the artist seriously just trace the RE: Code Veronica art for Claire brandishing the two M-100Ps?

Like, the minute I saw it it stood out to me.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

I swear the design and technology sections of Kickstarter are a secret gold mine of stupid.

Paranoid about your data? Want to be sure that your hard drive is totally destroyed? Why not send it through the mail to someone who totally will destroy it for you? Nothing could possibly go wrong with something sent through the loving mail.

Ever wonder what your pillow would look like.. On WEED? I also love that it's got a stash pocket in it, like no one would ever think to look for your drugs in the giant pillow that looks like drugs.

This is one of the most "AS SEEN ON TV" Kickstarters I have ever seen. It just screams to the world "I am a broken human being who is unable to dunk a cookie in milk".

InquisitorLisica
Mar 26, 2010
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tobiashiller/gamer-fit-guide-gfg-leveling-the-battlefield

Buy this book, learn to become an esports professional or game tester!. The GAMER FIT GUIDE!

Gamer Fit Guide posted:

"QR links map the options of gaming industry schools, leagues, products, tools, advanced hydration, nutrients, tournament sites, and healthy lifestyle choices known as "game style"

ALSO

"GFG hired professional Art Institute graduate Stacy A. West to complete task in Phase I (85% complete)."

A person got paid to do this.

EDIT: Somehow cut off some of the quote

InquisitorLisica has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Feb 15, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

InquisitorLisica posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tobiashiller/gamer-fit-guide-gfg-leveling-the-battlefield

Buy this book, learn to become an esports professional or game tester!. The GAMER FIT GUIDE!

A person got paid to do this.

Finally, a book that will teach me how to play League of Legends and avoid long term injuries.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Nah, I don't think there's enough of a resemblance there. I think it might just be coincidence.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Nah, I don't think there's enough of a resemblance there. I think it might just be coincidence.

It's just a composite of that and the artwork of her from Darkside Chronicles:

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
Ehh, not traced. He would have gotten the proportions right and not put the tits somewhere around the shoulders.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1887664355/flappy-birds-2?ref=kicktraq

quote:

"Flappy Bird by Nguyen was a huge success. Showing the need for Retro games, gave me and my fellow students the idea to make it better!

10 of my fellow students and I will create the next big Flappy Birds. We saw the public demand for it and now it is up to you to make things happen. We are all Stanford students and do not have the budget by ourselves so we thought a Kickstarter campaign can get things started. If you like, have, or want Flappy Bird just donate a little for legal, server, maintenance and other expenses. It will be and always be a free game! Support us as students to get you what you want."

If these are actual Stanford students then the future is hosed.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

UncleSmoothie posted:

it's a club project/extra credit resume booster bullshit thing. they know it too, but when it gets funded and they deliver some improved version of the thing, it'll give them something to bring up at their google/MS/IBM interviews.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Coming soon: Kickstarter campaign to secure Kickstarter! Risks and challenges? "We might use the same criteria for hiring a security expert that we do for approving Kickstarter campaigns." Contribute $5000 or more and get a free lunch with Kickstarter's janitorial staff (MUST PAY TRAVEL, LODGING, AND LUNCH FOR TWO AT LITTLE CAESAR'S PIZZA).

Kickstarter posted:

On Wednesday night, law enforcement officials contacted Kickstarter and alerted us that hackers had sought and gained unauthorized access to some of our customers' data. Upon learning this, we immediately closed the security breach and began strengthening security measures throughout the Kickstarter system.

No credit card data of any kind was accessed by hackers. There is no evidence of unauthorized activity of any kind on your account.

While no credit card data was accessed, some information about our customers was. Accessed information included usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords. Actual passwords were not revealed, however it is possible for a malicious person with enough computing power to guess and crack an encrypted password, particularly a weak or obvious one.

As a precaution, we strongly recommend that you change the password of your Kickstarter account, and other accounts where you use this password.

To change your password, log in to your account at Kickstarter.com and look for the banner at the top of the page to create a new, secure password. We recommend you do the same on other sites where you use this password. For additional help with password security, we recommend tools like 1Password and LastPass.

We’re incredibly sorry that this happened. We set a very high bar for how we serve our community, and this incident is frustrating and upsetting. We have since improved our security procedures and systems in numerous ways, and we will continue to do so in the weeks and months to come. We are working closely with law enforcement, and we are doing everything in our power to prevent this from happening again.

Kickstarter is a vibrant community like no other, and we can’t thank you enough for being a part of it. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You can reach us at accountsecurity@kickstarter.com.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

UncleSmoothie posted:

Aside from the complete dipshittery of it, what I like best about that is that for all they talk about creating the next Flappy Bird, they apparently don't even know the actual name of the dude that made the game.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mm yes 50k for your lovely clone of a crap game.

and

stanford students posted:

The money is still needed for patent expense

What's this patent bullshit ?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Flappy Bird was coded in three days. You don't need money for something you can do in your free time over two weekends.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Slightly NSFW

quote:

Have you thought waking up and not remember anything and you wanna know what happened to you? what if you wake up in a different body with the same mind? you would like to find out right?? That's why I made this story. I always think "what if" suddenly I'm in the future not knowing anything that you living in life danger, "what if" you woke up suddenly you are famous person?? Let's all find out what she really is...

He wants 5,000 bucks to jack off to his own drawings (I mean, he has to do it while drawing because obviously the pictures come out awfully).

From the Risks and Challenges section:

quote:

The challenge of Kriza is how and what character she will become. I don't really write anything on the paper, I draw straight while thinking what's gonna happen to the story. The story might change, might stay the same, but so far I want this comic or manga to be different.

He doesn't have a script for a sequential art project. No thumbnail stage. nothing, just a bunch of lovely drawings and a progress(?) image for no reason.

BigSkillet
Nov 27, 2003
I said teaberry, not sandalwood!

crappy artist posted:

The story might change, might stay the same, but so far I want this comic or manga to be different.

Does he not know if he'll be living in America or Japan at the time of publication? I don't understand how somebody can not know if what they're drawing will be a comic or a manga. Is he an Ainu or something?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Someone linked me this :nws: wonderful project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortex00/umichan-maiko-classroom-cheaters

I don't even know where to start with this one. It's openly advertised as a Hentai game on Kickstarter, the art and writing are about as good as you'd expect but the video made me laugh from sheer absurdity.

I pretty much lost it when they showcased the first person scenes and there's a lot of jiggling going on.

risks and challenges posted:

I have been working on this game for many years already. Nothing so far has prevented me from working on this project. I can't imagine what could possibly change that in the future. But just in case something goes wrong with my computer or my hard drive, I have the game located on different disk drives so my work will not be lost. One of my previous games actually survived two hard drive failures. So unless I become disabled or something equally drastic or worse, you can pretty much bet on getting the completed version of the game. And I would like to thank you in advance for your support.

Yup. Hard Drive failure is the biggest thing we have to worry about here.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Morglon posted:

Someone linked me this :nws: wonderful project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortex00/umichan-maiko-classroom-cheaters

I don't even know where to start with this one. It's openly advertised as a Hentai game on Kickstarter, the art and writing are about as good as you'd expect but the video made me laugh from sheer absurdity.

I pretty much lost it when they showcased the first person scenes and there's a lot of jiggling going on.

Jesus christ, the jiggling is just so nonsensical and blatant. Characters will just be standing still and suddenly their giant breasts will start leaping up and down like they're receiving a morse code signal or something.
The running and swimming animations are also laughably inept, especially the swimming. They'd actually be pushing themselves backwards through the water as far as I can tell.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dear Kickstarter,

how do boobs work

Sincerely,
Quincy (Vortex00)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love how even the first person view has the main character's tits jiggling in her face.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

What the hell is wrong with their eyes? It feels like they are looking for another tasty child to consume.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Morglon posted:

One of the rewards is a 3D mousepad - presumably a wrist rest - shaped like one character's breast. :stare:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jedit posted:

One of the rewards is a 3D mousepad - presumably a wrist rest - shaped like one character's breast. :stare:

As much as I hate to tell you this, that is nothing new. 3D mousepads featuring anime boobs have been around for a long time. This one just happens to be one of the characters from his game.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

darkspider42 posted:

What the hell is wrong with their eyes? It feels like they are looking for another tasty child to consume.

It's called the "American Manga" style.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's called the "Bad Artist" style.

FTFY

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

but you didnt change anything? :confused:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Jedit posted:

Jesus, it must be hard to use with your wrist constantly jiggling.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Chomp8645 posted:

As much as I hate to tell you this, that is nothing new. 3D mousepads featuring anime boobs have been around for a long time. This one just happens to be one of the characters from his game.

Intrepid Japanese entrepreneurs have moved on from boobs to butts and even balls for the ladies. America's behind the times.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Morglon posted:

Ugh, that art is terrible. Sometimes I just get embarrassed looking at bad art for fear of my own skill swirling down the drain, but man. I think this takes the cake for worst poo poo I've seen this week.

E: gently caress me it's awful in motion. It's like a bag of poo poo swimming in puke

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

AnonSpore posted:

Intrepid Japanese entrepreneurs have moved on from boobs to butts and even balls for the ladies. America's behind the times.

Excuse me but you are completely ignoring a whole section of this venn diagram. :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dijon du jour posted:

Excuse me but you are completely ignoring a whole section of this venn diagram. :colbert:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those ball pads aren't really for the ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That's terrible even by "really bad amateur anime" standards. It's at the low end of even DeviantArt quality.

EDIT: The game, not that kickin rad pec pad.