Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

So, does anyone do a Putin impression? I really hope Monday is a Sochi based guest.

Matt Besser springs to mind as being perfect for Putin. Or James Adomian. I don't know how good their impression has to be since I'm not sure anyone actually knows what Putin sounds like. I sure don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EL BROMANCE posted:

So, does anyone do a Putin impression? I really hope Monday is a Sochi based guest.

Does Putin have a distinct voice? I don't think I've ever actually heard the man speak, so I'd buy Matt Besser doing a Boris Badinov voice.

Devonaut posted:

Shitstories

Well I'm not gonna go d'ntown!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's a good point. Generic Russian is fine with me!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Well I'm not gonna go d'ntown!

"you're a real ditz dunce" "You're Dunst!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:allears: I can't wait to find out the story behind this photo.

I wanna take a poo poo on Sean Hannity.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Live! From New York! It's 9/11!
Also does anyone know what Scott was hinting about in the Plugs? I thought it might be more Analyse Phish, but that's not new.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Has anyone on Earwolf mentioned when the Analyze Phish recorded last year would be released? Maybe that's it..?

I've been waiting for that episode. Seems like the last one dropped around some sort of release (CBB Season 2? I forgot) so I thought they might have it in the tank for when something new/Season 3 drops.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

urk the quack posted:

Has anyone on Earwolf mentioned when the Analyze Phish recorded last year would be released? Maybe that's it..?

I've been waiting for that episode. Seems like the last one dropped around some sort of release (CBB Season 2? I forgot) so I thought they might have it in the tank for when something new/Season 3 drops.

I can't remember where, but Scott has talked about it. Basically, he needs time to go through all the recordings and he's hoping to do it after they wrap on season 3 of the tv show

cams
Mar 28, 2003

If I were an eccentric millionaire I would pay Flea a whole bunch of money to re-score the Chris Nolan Batman films.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
NASSIMMM PERDADDDD

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
FRIDAY NIGHT LIIIGHTS.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm so glad Scott didn't forget about that.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I always crack up when Scott knows so much more about a subject than a guest that is improving being an expert on the subject.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
This throws me every time. Improvisation->improv is a worthwhile abbreviation, but you're only saving two letters with that form, and it's already a word.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I actually meant he was getting better at being an expert at what Scott is better at than him. Duh.

(Oh hey I've never noticed that before.)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

AHHH NICK THUNE'S FACE DOESNT HAVE HAIR ALL OVER IT

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Check out the Andy Daly podcast today.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

epitasis posted:

Check out the Andy Daly podcast today.

That's a Chip's tip!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Also check out I4H. Wild Horses, Lauren Lapkus' improv group, is the guest.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Anyone find the bonus episode quietly hilarious. From Scott explaining exactly how the process of a child forming to the agent being old as hell. It wasn't THE FUNNIEST but I really enjoyed it on my commute today.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Anyone find the bonus episode quietly hilarious. From Scott explaining exactly how the process of a child forming to the agent being old as hell. It wasn't THE FUNNIEST but I really enjoyed it on my commute today.
This is the first episode I don't think I will ever get through. The character's voice is so grating to the point of unlistenability for me.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

cams posted:

This is the first episode I don't think I will ever get through. The character's voice is so grating to the point of unlistenability for me.

I felt exactly the same way. I only got through it because I was so bored but man that was a terrible voice, and not very funny. I got a slight chuckle a couple of times but I don't think I would ever relisten to it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I felt exactly the same way. I only got through it because I was so bored but man that was a terrible voice, and not very funny. I got a slight chuckle a couple of times but I don't think I would ever relisten to it.

This is how I felt about carol Channing on the Andy daly podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I trained myself by listening to that episode where Lapkus plays a student who's lived abroad several times, no voice can defeat me. I liked how quietly absurd this epi was.
e: I listened to the episode several times, the character seems to have lived abroad once, briefly.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 15, 2014

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

If you didn't love Jamie Denbo's Carol Channing, I'm sorry about whatever happened to you that caused you to lose your sense of humor.

It was the worst Carol Channing impersonation I've ever heard and it was hilarious.

e: it's interesting all these characters that you can't stand to listen to are women. INTERESTING...

jk but I wonder what it is that makes those voices intolerable to some people but perfectly fine to other people (eg me)

e2: Lauren Lapkus as Tracy (not Traci) saying "making love" was one of my favorite moments of CBB ever.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 15, 2014

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I didn't find the voices annoying at all. There's only one podcast vote that honestly bugs me. It's David Sedaris's voice.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I didn't find the voices annoying at all. There's only one podcast vote that honestly bugs me. It's David Sedaris's voice.

James Adomian's Merrill Schindler kinda bugs me if I listen to it for extended periods of time. But not because it's bad. It's amazing, just like all his voices. But it get SO GROSS after a while.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Conduit for Sale! posted:

James Adomian's Merrill Schindler kinda bugs me if I listen to it for extended periods of time. But not because it's bad. It's amazing, just like all his voices. But it get SO GROSS after a while.

But that's when it gets good!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

But that's when it gets good!

I know! But it's also kind of hard to listen to sometimes.

This, coming from a person who has no problems with the opening scenes of Begotten. Although I do draw the line at Takashi Miike movies.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I know! But it's also kind of hard to listen to sometimes.

This, coming from a person who has no problems with the opening scenes of Begotten. Although I do draw the line at Takashi Miike movies.

Now imagine if Begotten had any dialog and that was the voice of god.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
My wife has a low tolerance for odd sounding voices and often can't stand listening to certain people speak because she just finds it too grating, whereas I don't think I've ever been annoyed by the sound of a person's voice in my life. If anything I enjoy unique voices. If I had a Sarah Vowell voiced GPS in my car I would have it switched on 100% of the time and my wife would probably grab the wheel and steer us into a ditch.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

My wife has a low tolerance for odd sounding voices and often can't stand listening to certain people speak because she just finds it too grating, whereas I don't think I've ever been annoyed by the sound of a person's voice in my life. If anything I enjoy unique voices. If I had a Sarah Vowell voiced GPS in my car I would have it switched on 100% of the time and my wife would probably grab the wheel and steer us into a ditch.

Minus the wife part, yeah that pretty much describes me.

I mean,

<---- has a pretty odd/unique voice, and I :love: her.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

tnimark posted:

I learned on I4H that you can get a Doug benson voice gps now. Almost enough to make me want to switch from using a smartphone.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Hollis Brown posted:

I learned on I4H that you can get a Doug benson voice gps now. Almost enough to make me want to switch from using a smartphone.

Was that discussed on I4H too? I know it was discussed on the latest NNF.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Was that discussed on I4H too? I know it was discussed on the latest NNF.

You're right I had a mind fart it was NNF.

edit: holy poo poo this is ridiculous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWqE9HOgRY

Hollis Brown fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 15, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Kevin Hart and Waze can go to hell. I'm a Mireo Man now.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Hollis Brown posted:

holy poo poo I lost it at the first "you're going to want to make a my left foot starring daniel day lewis"
but it would probably get really annoying to have it for a while when all the sounds start repeating

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

poo poo, now I need to get a gps thingy. Also a car. Also a driver's license.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

100 mph on the freeway? Sounds like LA driving to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fallom posted:

100 mph on the freeway? Sounds like LA driving to me.

I've never been to LA and so I only know the classic stereotypes, but wouldn't it be more like 10 mph on an LA freeway?

e: I just belched while singing "Snowed in at Wheeler Street" by Kate Bush and it sounded exactly like Molly Meredith Caldwell.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 15, 2014