Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah those AoE 1 step things aside from Grimlock are loving terrible.

I find it weird you could get Cosmos/Swerve over here in the UK, and Skids for a bit before Christmas yet no-one's having any luck in the States. I'm gonna go look round London tomorrow for them, Skids I really want. If I can get a Cosmos/Swerve pack I'm up for selling it on if it's that bad to get hold of without charging silly prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just don't get why retailers hate the legends guys. Because this is like the third time something like this has happened. I mean yeah Prime's cyberverse guys looked kinda awful but these guys were different.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I'm just hoping that all this kerfuffle will somehow result in iGear Swerve dropping severely in price so I can buy one. It's still the version I like best, for some reason.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Lose a size but gain a possible leader sized G2 Tank Megatron...do we call this a victory?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

I find it weird you could get Cosmos/Swerve over here in the UK, and Skids for a bit before Christmas yet no-one's having any luck in the States. I'm gonna go look round London tomorrow for them, Skids I really want. If I can get a Cosmos/Swerve pack I'm up for selling it on if it's that bad to get hold of without charging silly prices.

Kapow have sold out of their Swerve/Cosmos complement, probably as a result of this news.

Has it been confirmed or is this just rumour and extrapolation?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Tomy will save me. I will have my Cosmos, one way or another.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Grimlock looks to be as bad as the Predaking some of us just picked up at Target on clearance. Maybe even a bit worse.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just don't get why retailers hate the legends guys. Because this is like the third time something like this has happened. I mean yeah Prime's cyberverse guys looked kinda awful but these guys were different.

Every store around here has 3 things left on the shelves: the Decepticon Datadisks (aka the very first wave of the :10bux: legends packs), Beast Hunters deluxes, mainly Ratchet, and constructbots). Exception is that some places still have Springers and Target hasn't moved hardly any of their Predacons Rising exclusives. Notice that 2 of the 3 that are clogging up shelves at all the stores are the two things retailers are refusing to buy more of.

Goldskull posted:

They are literally toys for 3 year olds. We should see the collectors oriented toys, both movie and not, tomorrow.

The_Doctor posted:

Kapow have sold out of their Swerve/Cosmos complement, probably as a result of this news.

They were sold out before that started going around this morning. I checked them and all the Hong Kong retailers I know of before I posted it in here. I think nearly everywhere has been sold out for a bit, because I'd been trying to see if I could find a relatively cheap Swerve off and on for a week or so. The only non-disc two pack I've seen in stores was the Starscream one, and that was at a closeout store.
Unless someone asks hasbro reps at toy fair, I think the only realistic way we're going to get hard confirmation is if one of the retailers sends out information that they're going to be unable to order any.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

Every store around here has 3 things left on the shelves: the Decepticon Datadisks (aka the very first wave of the :10bux: legends packs), Beast Hunters deluxes, mainly Ratchet, and constructbots). Exception is that some places still have Springers and Target hasn't moved hardly any of their Predacons Rising exclusives. Notice that 2 of the 3 that are clogging up shelves at all the stores are the two things retailers are refusing to buy more of.

I guess that's true, although in my area the only legends figures that are available are the Prime ones. The Generation pegs have been empty for months.

I've yet to see Rhinox or Doubledealer in the wild, let alone Whirl as far as voyagers go.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Please announce a Rodimus please announce a Rodimus please announce a Rodimus..

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So Dinobot riders are the same thing as regular contructobot kids but you need to buy the special rider figures separately. Also Slug's colors are an abomination. Grimock's is the same as his regular toy, but if Slugs is all purple and red he's just gonna look fugly.

And not the good later era G1 weird rear end colors either. He's got the same shade as gusher fruit snacks.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah wish I'dve picked them up a couple of weeks ago, £30 for the two of them was a decent price. I asked at Xmas if Skids was coming back in and they didn't know. It was like that time I missed Mr T at the Mall.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Yeah wish I'dve picked them up a couple of weeks ago, £30 for the two of them was a decent price. I asked at Xmas if Skids was coming back in and they didn't know. It was like that time I missed Mr T at the Mall.

Yeah, NOW it's a decent price. I remember bitching before about paying 30 quid for 2 legends. Now I'd gladly pay that. However the fact that Kapow had some in stock means that they are out there somewhere.

Edit: consoled myself by buying this for £10

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 15, 2014

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, NOW it's a decent price. I remember bitching before about paying 30 quid for 2 legends. Now I'd gladly pay that. However the fact that Kapow had some in stock means that they are out there somewhere.

Edit: consoled myself by buying this for £10

Wait, is that toy literally a reference to 'Masquerade'?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Szmitten posted:

It's the Generations Drag Strip using the Mirage mold if that's what you're asking.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Szmitten posted:

Yes, the Granny Weatherwax redeco is a sight to see, and the Bumblebee as Nanny Ogg retool is inspired.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

It's the Generations Drag Strip using the Mirage mold if that's what you're asking.

Yeah they had the set of four HTS exclusives which were all Asian market versions that weren't originally going to be released in America.

It still kinda baffles me that they couldn't do the same with the legends and release them like that though. Just because stores refused to take the legends stock shouldn't mean that HTS can't sell their own products.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Seconding that. I am absolutely blown away that Swerve, Cosmos, and Tailgate, easily the three Transformers I was looking forward to most in 2014, won't be coming out at retail and I'll have to pay scalper prices or some bullshit.

C'mon, Hasbro, sell them on HTS. I want to give you my money, why won't you take my money.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xenomrph posted:

Seconding that. I am absolutely blown away that Swerve, Cosmos, and Tailgate, easily the three Transformers I was looking forward to most in 2014, won't be coming out at retail and I'll have to pay scalper prices or some bullshit.

C'mon, Hasbro, sell them on HTS. I want to give you my money, why won't you take my money.

Tailgate didn't even make it to production. You'll only have to worry about Swerve and Cosmos.

I'm hoping the larger guys like voyagers and leaders start coming packaged with little buddies. I mean if Metroplex gets Scamper and Sounwave,Sound Blaster, and Blaster have a legend sized dude there has to be other guys who can be a multibot pack.

However this could also mean that Tailgate could be a club exclusive or some business where you gotta throw out a few hundred bucks to get him or some business. Which is the worst possible option of all, because then Tomy/Takara can't even make the figure.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 15, 2014

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress, just shove them into the back of movie figures. Either they get out or the stores lose their ever-so-precious lifeblood.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
The Rage - got Waspinator and Swerve today; thanks so much!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The real kicker is that with Kickback being a deluxe the other two insecticons would have been a Legend and a Legend target master.

We were this close to having a full team of insecticons which hasn't happened since the G1 re-release in Universe 2.0. Why did TRU decide to take on Kre-os as exclusives and not Legends dudes? :negative:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

catch22 posted:

If anyone sees a Rhinox, Doubledealer, Whirl, Goldbug, or Dreadwing at Target in the US, send them to meeee! (And a gift receipt)

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 15, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh my oh my today's TF panel is starting at toy fair. Apparently there'll be the AoE mainline (the simplified toys we've seen) but also a "generations" AoE with more complex toys, alongside regular "classic-y" generations.

edit: A Movieverse vs. WFCverse videogame haha what

also Kreo wasn't cancelled after all so maybe the legends wave cancellation rumors aren't true either.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 15, 2014

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
This isn't Toy Fair related at all, but I found a Scoop yesterday. I dig him, har har har.

He has nice colors and his robot mode is great. His alt-mode is a bit wobbly, and there's a lot of empty space under the shovel, and also the shovel wants to reveal his head whenever you move it up. But, he's got a nice little transformation and big, thick wheels, and like I said I really dig his colors. If you're on the fence about him, I'd pick him up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Oh, hello there:

catch22 posted:

Glad they made it!

Pictures from the show, both good and bad:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/toy-fair-2014-transformers-from-hasbro-event-179295/

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 15, 2014

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The Rage posted:

Oh, hello there:

Glad they made it!

Are they going to re-issue MP Grimlock?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's pretty cool they're reissuing Grimlock for those who didn't get it the first time around. Maybe they'll release Starscream with the new mold and king stuff if we're lucky. Lord knows they've already done Thundercracker and Acid Storm and Sunstorm and a whole rainbow of seekers nobody wants with it already.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal_12 posted:

Are they going to re-issue MP Grimlock?

Thats correct.

Also Legends wave isn't dead, so we should see Cosmos and whoever, because theres a wave 3 announced with Gears.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's pretty cool they're reissuing Grimlock for those who didn't get it the first time around. Maybe they'll release Starscream with the new mold and king stuff if we're lucky. Lord knows they've already done Thundercracker and Acid Storm and Sunstorm and a whole rainbow of seekers nobody wants with it already.

Original TRU Grimlock prices will plummet now, and then watch this one be just as a rare as Soundwave. The clusterfuck will be glorious.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Neat, Jhiaxus is more than just a head remold.

edit: oh lord, ROADBUSTER

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 15, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Neat, Jhiaxus is more than just a head remold.

edit: oh lord, ROADBUSTER

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jetfire is fuckin' sweet and Sky-Byte is GLORIOUS. Also legends are not dead!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Please post ALL THE PICTURES. tia

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Roadbuster looks dope, Leader Grimlock looks fantastic, Leader Prime looks alright, Sky-Bite - holy poo poo.

The movie generations look loving AWESOME, I really like the new look. Drift and Crosshairs are such nice designs, I REALLY want that Leader Grimlock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I can't believe that Deluxe Crosshairs pulls off the loving longcoat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm so glad I have a job now. Re-released MP Grimlock? Ho yeah. That Jetfire, Sky-Byte, the Legends (the fact they put Swerve there feels like a 'See? He is coming, we swear!' hell, even Roadbuster, a character I have no clue about.

Also... that AoE Hound kinda looks good. :ohdear:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Voyager Grimlock and the deluxe dinobots actually look pretty dope, might get those. Drift is neat too, nice use of panels to simulate his samurai armor.

Generations is incredible all around this year. I don't know which sorcery is this but Skyfire doesn't look half as back-kibbly as he should be. Must hide some stuff inside the body?

edit: this is priceless too

some sperglord posted:

off to toyark to see if other companies actually care about their fans who have stuck with a brand for THIRTY YEARS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Technically speaking, all those Generations look great. From an aesthetic standpoint, I just don't think I can bring myself to buy any more movie figures.