Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

CisSTAR 19 posted:

Also

What a buzzkill.

I cannot stop laughing, I've come back and read this post like 20 times this morning, no exaggeration. The suicidal exodus is already amazing and it's only going to get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Mods, rename me Swanee Rapido

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Lindsay, Melbourne - I'm so tired of this re-writing of history that people seem so inclined to do when it comes to Ferguson's appointment at Man Utd.

'oh, they were so crap at the time - they were 21st when he took over, and he boosted them all the way up to 11th, then 2nd, and with no money'.

He took over in November, so barely a third of the way through the season. The team had finished in the top four in the previous five seasons. Minnows they were not - it was akin to Spurs in the '2 points from 8 games' type scenario. Yes, they 'recovered' to finish 11th, then finished 2nd the next year. The two years after that? Back to 11th, then down to 13th.

So Ferguson most certainly did need time, and was given it, by an extraordinarily patient board who funded a multitude of expensive signings - Neil Webb, Mike Phelan, Paul Ince, Gary Pallister and Danny Wallace were recruited just prior to their return to 11th place, following the purchases of Bruce, Anderson, McClair & Leighton at the start of his first full season.

The end. Please.

nice revisionism

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
thats some real nice revisionism i agree

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06HrW79960&feature=youtu.be

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

The insurance for that must've been crazy!!!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Poor Joe Hart...

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvDOeO4wBgs

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

holy poo poo thats bad

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoo man, that's a bad post.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

who enjoys those 44toons videos? They're always the worst.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mynameisjohn posted:

who enjoys those 44toons videos? They're always the worst.

Some of them are funny but most belong in this thread.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are never going to outdo him when it comes to clever putdowns, strategic one-liners and media positioning – he is simply too good – but City proved that on the pitch there is no need to harbour any kind of inferiority complex.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/16/kolo-toure?CMP=twt_gu

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
https://vine.co/v/M73iYj5DbqB

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
'Despite their apparent cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22 and 7 ties in the 52 seasons from 1962-63.'

Everton, proving you don't have to win to be a winner.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the wrongest of threads

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

mynameisjohn posted:

the wrongest of threads

this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

c0burn posted:

'Despite their apparent cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22 and 7 ties in the 52 seasons from 1962-63.'

Everton, proving you don't have to win to be a winner.

lol this is small time as all hell.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

bah gawd

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

yesss

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

God drat

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Urgh the #justsayin is what gets me, fffffff

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
One cannot turn a FWD car into a RWD car by simply bolting on a set of coilovers and pulling the handbrake around a corner. The same can be said of Moyes and his plans. You do not take a team who has known little apart from wing-play, served under 1 manager for most of their careers and turn them into a fluid, hard-pressing master class of a team in 6 months.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Eboracum posted:

One cannot turn a FWD car into a RWD car by simply bolting on a set of coilovers and pulling the handbrake around a corner. The same can be said of Moyes and his plans. You do not take a team who has known little apart from wing-play, served under 1 manager for most of their careers and turn them into a fluid, hard-pressing master class of a team in 6 months.

You can make them into poo poo in 3 though.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Eboracum posted:

Very very delicious, got a link?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Hallowed Turban posted:

Very very delicious, got a link?

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/moyes-so-far.373984/page-563#post-15136930

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

I'm not sure that I agree with what Moyes is implying (and it isn't the first time he's implied that something is amiss regarding fixtures) but it does no-one any favours to simply dismiss his so-called bizarre opinions out of hand; after all, we are talking about a multi-million-pound business and, unless I've missed something recently, businesses of that magnitude often 'arrange' things in favour of themselves or their affiliates. This isn't 'conspiracy theory' but a mere fact of modern life. Moyes may well be entirely mistaken but there's nothing crazy about it - the very same newspapers which report on, say, Libor fixing will also likely tell us that Moyes has gone mad over fixture-schedule fixing. Don't be led by the nose.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Och aye I cannae sto cryin

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Th truth is it thaur

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

This makes me irl angry with how awful it is

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

This makes me irl angry with how awful it is
At least it doesn't have the 20-second 4-4-2oons ident at the start

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Don't say 'wrong thread' I will murder you

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hallowed Turban posted:

Don't say 'wrong thread' I will murder you

Get this: wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

chuggo is BACK posted:

I'm not sure that I agree with what Moyes is implying (and it isn't the first time he's implied that something is amiss regarding fixtures) but it does no-one any favours to simply dismiss his so-called bizarre opinions out of hand; after all, we are talking about a multi-million-pound business and, unless I've missed something recently, businesses of that magnitude often 'arrange' things in favour of themselves or their affiliates. This isn't 'conspiracy theory' but a mere fact of modern life. Moyes may well be entirely mistaken but there's nothing crazy about it - the very same newspapers which report on, say, Libor fixing will also likely tell us that Moyes has gone mad over fixture-schedule fixing. Don't be led by the nose.

ahahha same guy

The Premier League, as a concept and as a brand, was given a tremendous boost by Manchester United's brilliance, flair and success; would it really surprise anyone if the PL were now looking for a new 'flagship' brand club, one which makes exciting big-money signings, one which plays in a globally-appealing, continental (and not merely British) style...and one which miraculously seems to have got so many journalists onside? "PL & others, what first attracted you to billionaire-Manchester City?"...

It's quite clear that, in modern-day Britain, everything is for sale - even integrity - and never mind the morals or sporting ethics; why else would the game welcome would-be owners who possess dire human rights records, people whose fortunes may well be built on a pile of corpses or on violations of the law? Everything's for sale if you have enough money to grease the wheels. Unless we've all been suddenly struck blind and can no longer read, it isn't bizarre or crazy to consider the evidence of recent history.