Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Whoever wrote James Wilder's profile on that sight brought the serious creep factor

quote:

Looks the part -- built like a cut-up strong safety with tight skin and layered muscle.

2014 NFL Draft--Tight skin and layered muscle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

TheGreyGhost posted:

Whoever wrote James Wilder's profile on that sight brought the serious creep factor

2014 NFL Draft--Tight skin and layered muscle

*pulls collar* well then

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

How did no one score above a 7.5, though? You'd think at least ONE dude would get over the All-Pro hump.

I think that's by design so they won't have to drop people if they have a lovely combine and they can raise them up instead if they do well.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Chichevache posted:

I just assumed that was about Bridgewater, cuz, you know... Nawrocki.
The funny thing is I think AJ McCarron has the biggest personality problem of all the draft prospects because he thinks he's perfect, but everyone just prattles about how he's a winner and a great leader. He skipped the Senior Bowl, it sounds like he isn't participating at the Combine. He told Dan Patrick he's not listening to anyone and he doesn't trust anyone. And he blamed Alabama's losses on "entitled younger players" and then additionally blamed recruiters for giving those players 5 star ratings and said they don't know what they're doing. BTW, he didn't exactly have a great game against Oklahoma. They laid an egg.

He just rubs me the wrong way. An arrogant jackass that doesn't know how to handle losing. I feel like we keep getting guys like that out of USC and Alabama and they never amount to anything in the NFL.

I can't wait until those Gruden QB Camp things. I wanna see him react to one of his interceptions and see if he goes full on Pickles.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 15, 2014

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

I thought of that after I made the post, but Tebow was a lot more impressive physically than Manziel is, and Manziel was arguably an even more dominant college player - Tebow never got close to rushing for 1,400 yards or passing for 4,100.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

The funny thing is I think AJ McCarron has the biggest personality problem of all the draft prospects because he thinks he's perfect, but everyone just prattles about how he's a winner and a great leader. He skipped the Senior Bowl, it sounds like he isn't participating at the Combine. He told Dan Patrick he's not listening to anyone and he doesn't trust anyone. And he blamed Alabama's losses on "entitled younger players" and then additionally blamed recruiters for giving those players 5 star ratings and said they don't know what they're doing. BTW, he didn't exactly have a great game against Oklahoma. They laid an egg.

He just rubs me the wrong way. An arrogant jackass that doesn't know how to handle losing. I feel like we keep getting guys like that out of USC and Alabama and they never amount to anything in the NFL.

Also nowhere under weaknesses does it have the word "tattoo"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I can't wait until those Gruden QB Camp things. I wanna see him react to one of his interceptions and see if he goes full on Pickles.

"I love this kid!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That's not how he reacted to Pickles!!

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

He also tweeted about demonic influences in the Grammys, and either his mom or girlfriend tweeted some racist things about Jameis Winston. None of this is really relevant to him as a future NFLer, but it makes me actively root against his future success. I hadn't heard about some of the things you just posted.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That's not how he reacted to Pickles!!

I googled "pickles quarterback" and all I got was Jimmy Clausen's wiki page for some reason, and a Rugrats all grown up fanfic where Tommy Pickles is a high school football star who wants to bang Lil. Who are you talking about?

re: Gruden, that's how he reacted to Tyler loving Wilson, so I don't think the bar is very high.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

I googled "pickles quarterback" and all I got was Jimmy Clausen's wiki page for some reason, and a Rugrats all grown up fanfic where Tommy Pickles is a high school football star who wants to bang Lil. Who are you talking about?

re: Gruden, that's how he reacted to Tyler loving Wilson, so I don't think the bar is very high.

Pickles is Clausen's nickname because of his last name and because spelling doesn't matter any more

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Huh. Guess I'm a bit out of touch when it comes to pickle brand names.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Clausen went on Gruden's QB Camp and basically blamed all of his mistakes on other players and Gruden didn't Love This Guy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

sean10mm posted:

I thought of that after I made the post, but Tebow was a lot more impressive physically than Manziel is, and Manziel was arguably an even more dominant college player - Tebow never got close to rushing for 1,400 yards or passing for 4,100.

Tebow was dominant in a different way. He'd run into piles, jump pass, and get some nasty rushing TDs here and there. Manziel is more fluid and agile. Both completely dominated college football in their respective years.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Here it is. No, I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSTyFD7rfw

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rap posted:

Pickles is Clausen's nickname because of his last name and because spelling doesn't matter any more

I always thought it about how many picks he threw and that it was mostly just used by Fiz harassing him on Twitter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mark Vlasic was more deserving of that nickname anyway.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Let's talk draft crushes. Davante Adams, could be Dez Bryant, will be James Jones. High pointing the ball gets me hard so I'm a big fan of Adams. I'd be quite happy with the Ravens taking him in the 2nd, if he falls that far.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Disillusionist posted:

He also tweeted about demonic influences in the Grammys, and either his mom or girlfriend tweeted some racist things about Jameis Winston. None of this is really relevant to him as a future NFLer, but it makes me actively root against his future success. I hadn't heard about some of the things you just posted.

I had never heard about this so I googled it and man, I don't see it. Yes, Jameis sounds like a hick. He is a hick. He probably sounds exactly like everyone else in small town Alabama

I guess you could attribute it to "black guy sounds dumb" and call it racist, but I think it's more along the lines of "I'm bitter my son didn't win this game and will make fun of his drawl"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I made a big reddit thread for learning about the draft that I might use as the OP for the next thread here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1y0xkm/i_love_the_draft_you_should_too_heres_a_guide_to/

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

smuggler posted:

I love when they go to the game tape and you can pinpoint the exact moment when Gruden realizes "wow, this guy is full of poo poo"

E: Gruden's broadcast persona may or may not be a gimmick, but didn't he have a reputation as a hardass when he was coaching? I'm watching more of those segments and he rarely, if ever, lets the players off lightly.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 16, 2014

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

He knew Clausen was at fault for the hideous interception against UNC and when Clausen tries to explain it away, his eyes glaze and I see the true Gruden.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

smuggler posted:

Clausen has a really weird head shape.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

smuggler posted:

He knew Clausen was at fault for the hideous interception against UNC and when Clausen tries to explain it away, his eyes glaze and I see the true Gruden.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at with his old coaching self. I distinctly remember him being known as a kinda cold-blooded personality, which is why the Chucky nickname caught on in the first place. He probably softened up in the broadcast booth (again, I'm half-convinced it's a gimmick, as entertaining as it is), but you can still see that side of him during bad games (it helps that he's partnered with Tirico, who has no filter when it comes to bad games), and during these QB Camp segments it's obvious when he can smell bullshit and puts the QBs on the spot.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 16, 2014

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Doltos posted:

I made a big reddit thread for learning about the draft that I might use as the OP for the next thread here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1y0xkm/i_love_the_draft_you_should_too_heres_a_guide_to/

Wow Reddit!!!! Freaking sick mate. THanks for all the wonderful draft info you provide

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No problem RD!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Gauntlet is also my favorite. God's too I'm pretty sure.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doltos posted:

Good poo poo. Have an upvote

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No JFF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325982/article/johnny-manziel-will-not-throw-at-combine-agent-says

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Hey yall, TFF here. Cam Newton is going to suck and Blaine Gabbert is the best player in then draft

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

Hey yall, TFF here. Cam Newton is going to suck and Blaine Gabbert is the best player in then draft

People who actually watched Gabbert knew better.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LiquidFriend posted:

Hence virtually no one who posts in draft threads

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roasted Donut posted:

Hence virtually no one who posts in draft threads

to be fair, college football sucks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

I watched him, didn't want to admit it and still don't. I keep stopping myself from talking about the Jaguars being the worst case scenario when the best case scenario is kind of the same thing except he never got on the field.

No really the Jags were awful for him. Oh God I can't stop.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Volkerball posted:

to be fair, college football sucks.

this is probably the single dumbest rear end post ever in a forum full of dumb rear end posts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Roasted Donut posted:

Yeah I sure remember seeing this in TFF a lot :rolleyes:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I don't know much about him as a prospect but is there literally any way Blake Bortles doesn't end up like Blaine Gabbert, based on name alone

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Intruder posted:

Yeah I sure remember seeing this in TFF a lot :rolleyes:

It was. LIke a hell of a lot.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I don't know much about him as a prospect but is there literally any way Blake Bortles doesn't end up like Blaine Gabbert, based on name alone

Bortles is the second coolest QB of the draft and will be a ton better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roasted Donut posted:

this is probably the single dumbest rear end post ever in a forum full of dumb rear end posts

Too much stupid bullshit to protect the sanctity of their tangential connection to Learning Institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT_TGuoLdmk

• Locked thread