Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

A quick note on etiquette:

When playing Defense and Mobile Defense missions, stay near the objective. Why?

1. XP is only shared within a limited area. If you're off being a hallway hero, the other people in your squad aren't getting dick unless they're there with you (see #3).

2. Venturing out means you will gently caress up enemy spawns. The farther out you go, the farther out the enemies will spawn, exacerbating all other issues.

3. If your squadmates are out there with you, who's watching the objective? Oh whoops you just failed the mission.

4. Staying near the objective means all the drops stay near the objective, meaning there's less chance of you or someone else missing out on resource/mod drops because some jackass decided to go Rambo off in East Bumfuck.

You should also stick together in Survival missions, for similar reasons.

I actually raged abandoned a kappa run because a pubbie was deliberately doing all of the above. And when I was asking him to stay near objective he gave lip the whole time. (Granted I spent maybe 5 minutes running around with the device hoping he'd get a clue but nope) Lost out on 40 oxium but gently caress that guy. Ended up duo'ing with another goon and we were getting 50-59 per run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
We need that list in the OP

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Seconding that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Weapons You Must Keep If You Have Them:
  • Soma
  • Penta
  • Galatine
  • Ignis
  • Synapse
  • Embolist
  • Dread

Weapons that are worthwhile to have around if you like them:
  • Kunai/Hikou/Despair
  • Prime weapons
  • Karak
  • Kestrel
  • Akvastos
  • Event Items (Wraith Twin Vipers, etc)
  • Twin Gremlins
  • Fang
  • Dual Zorens
  • Dual Ichors
  • Flux Rifle

Weapons that straight up suck and should only be bought for Affinity, then sold:
  • Mk-1 Braton
  • Braton
  • Lato
  • Aklatos
  • Sicarus
  • Furis
  • Afuris

Anything not in those lists is 100% personal preference.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 15, 2014

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Latos should be kept to make boltos with.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pyronic posted:

Latos should be kept to make boltos with.

True, though you can just buy them again when you need a Bolto because they're pretty cheap. That's depending on if you don't have a lot of slots.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Fuzz posted:

• Soma
  • Penta
  • Galatine
  • Ignis
  • Synapse
  • Embolist
  • Dread

• Kunai/Hikou/Despair
  • Prime weapons
  • Karak
  • Kestrel
  • Akvastos
  • Event Items (Wraith Twin Vipers, etc)
  • Twin Gremlins
  • Fang
  • Dual Zorens
  • Dual Ichors
  • Flux Rifle

I'd add Phage to the first list, Akmagnus to the second list (as an alternative to the Akvastos).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

How come Dread made the "must keep" list and Despair didn't?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fuzz posted:

• Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris

• Prime weapons
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris
  • Ogris

Weapons that straight up suck and should only be bought for Affinity, then sold:
  • Mk-1 Braton
  • Braton
  • Lato
  • Aklatos
  • Sicarus
  • Furis
  • Afuris

I noticed some errors with your list. I fixed it.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

How come Dread made the "must keep" list and Despair didn't?

Despair didn't take damage 2.0 well, but dread got buffed recently to a 50% base crit rating, which makes it pretty ridiculous as far as bows go.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wait, Ignis is supposed to be good? :psyduck: I was using that weapon at lvl30 and I could barely kill lvl20 poo poo; maybe I should have put a Potato on it. :v: Man, when was the last time I saw an Orokin Catalyst alert?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Azran posted:

Wait, Ignis is supposed to be good? :psyduck: I was using that weapon at lvl30 and I could barely kill lvl20 poo poo; maybe I should have put a Potato on it. :v: Man, when was the last time I saw an Orokin Catalyst alert?

It's hilarious for any infected mission. The flames pierce by default, so that swarm of misshaped freaks charging at you quickly becomes just a pile of loot and corpses even with just some short bursts. The basic fire damage also gets bonuses from Serration, Cleanse Infested, and Hellfire. Then you add in some other elemental mods... :unsmigghh: It's also got a surprising amount of range considering what it is.

Not sure how it would hold up in the 30+ range, but it's still a really fun gun to use during alerts / invasions.

limited fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 15, 2014

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Azran posted:

Honestly, it's pretty hard to compare a weapon without a catalyst in it to how it's supposed to be. Those things are practically mandatory, and I'd pay ~$30 for some kind of bonus that just made it so everything I made had one in it by default, forever.

nacon
May 7, 2005

When I've maxed out my mastery, I'm seriously considering donning the Excalibur, adding some forma, a 6-forma MK-1 Braton, Potato'd/Forma'd Skana/Potato'd/Forma'd lato, and wrecking upper level poo poo, to the dismay of the gold-decked ember primes and novas...

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

nacon posted:

a 6-forma MK-1 Braton

Ignoring everything else. What.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Azran posted:

I don't really understand why people do this- there are very few weapons that are any good without a potato. Even the Soma is pretty lousy without one. Anyway, the Ignis is indeed a good and fun gun. Can't be beat for wall-penetrating close-range crowd obliteration. It's strength is it's AoE damage, so it kinda falls down against higher-level Grineer heavies, but it's still a cool gun worth your taters and forma.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Woooo I just finished the test for Mastery Rank 6 so now I get all the fun stuff

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I didn't know the ingis had inherent puncture. Do people still use shred on it then?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Ok the Penta is hilarious

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
I have a 6 forma'd Ignis that is my pride and joy. It has:

Infected Clip
Split Chamber
Hellfire
Heavy Calibur
Wildfire
Serration
Piercing Hit
Malignant Force

Making it have gas element with malignant force upping the status chance makes it great for pretty much anything, and the gas wrecks infected obviously. I occasionally make it magnetic for corpus or switch out infected clip for firestorm to have longer range. Being able to shoot through cover is really helpful on defense and survival missions too.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Fuzz posted:

• Mk-1 Braton
  • Braton
  • Lato
  • Aklatos
  • Sicarus
  • Furis
  • Afuris

Afuris, when fully modded, have about 12k sustained DPS.

of course the ammo only lasts about 18 seconds...

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Is it worth losing some dps to put shred on my soma?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

WarpedLichen posted:

Is it worth losing some dps to put shred on my soma?

Yes, since you'll be hitting multiple targets instead of just one, or at worst, be able to shoot mans from behind cover.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Huntsekker posted:

I have a 6 forma'd Ignis that is my pride and joy. It has:

Infected Clip
Split Chamber
Hellfire
Heavy Calibur
Wildfire
Serration
Piercing Hit
Malignant Force

Making it have gas element with malignant force upping the status chance makes it great for pretty much anything, and the gas wrecks infected obviously. I occasionally make it magnetic for corpus or switch out infected clip for firestorm to have longer range. Being able to shoot through cover is really helpful on defense and survival missions too.

Instead of piercing hit, use a bane of x (x being the faction you fight) instead. Same % of damage but it's an overall damage I believe.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Is rebinding keys broken? I want to give it a try but every time I go to the options to try to change the keybinds the menu freezes until I hit escape.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sorry to the two dudes who got kicked off my ODD at the last wave, no idea why that happened. :(

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Instead of piercing hit, use a bane of x (x being the faction you fight) instead. Same % of damage but it's an overall damage I believe.

Piercing hit also doesn't do anything on the ingnis, there isn't any puncture damage to boost up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nice having Volt systems in the dojo, finally got him in the oven. I just need to mindlessly grind Kappa until he's done to bide my time and get mastery up some more.

What the poo poo did they do to the loot tables, they feel like garbage now.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Sorry to the two dudes who got kicked off my ODD at the last wave, no idea why that happened. :(

Was that the one I was on on PS4 where the reward was an uncommon core at 20 waves?

I was worried I'd made a grievous mistake for voting to claim the 25 wave reward at first because it came up "Mission Complete" and people were saying "uh oh, oh poo poo!" :ohdear:

No idea why I wasn't affected, sorry guys. :(

Ferrous fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 15, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Jumpoff posted:

Yes, since you'll be hitting multiple targets instead of just one, or at worst, be able to shoot mans from behind cover.

Killing waves of enemies through a closed door never gets old :allears:

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
So I read the OP and stuff, but didn't see how to convert my credits into plat. How does one do that?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tarq posted:

So I read the OP and stuff, but didn't see how to convert my credits into plat. How does one do that?

you can't.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Photex posted:

you can't.

So how do you get plat other than buying it with money?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tarq posted:

You trade mods for it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tarq posted:

Do you understand how the Free-to-Play business model works?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You could always make a bunch of accounts and trade the starting platinum to yourself.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Inspector_666 posted:

Do you understand how the Free-to-Play business model works?

I do, but from what the OP said about not needing to spend money and other games like STO that have currency conversions, I was wondering if there was something similar in this game.

Elysiume posted:

You trade mods for it.

Thanks.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

randombattle posted:

You could always make a bunch of accounts and trade the starting platinum to yourself.
You can't do that. Do you really think they'd leave such a huge loophole in the game? The first 50 platinum isn't tradable.

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
If you're wondering why almost everything in the market costs platinum, that's because it's the pay method of getting it.

Look at blueprints instead, crafting stuff yourself is the free/grindy way of getting stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Cathair posted:

I don't really understand why people do this- there are very few weapons that are any good without a potato. Even the Soma is pretty lousy without one. Anyway, the Ignis is indeed a good and fun gun. Can't be beat for wall-penetrating close-range crowd obliteration. It's strength is it's AoE damage, so it kinda falls down against higher-level Grineer heavies, but it's still a cool gun worth your taters and forma.

I'm mostly tired of potato'ing poo poo I'll have to end up selling since they get nerfed hard/a better weapon in the same niche comes out. :( I've got plenty of good weapons with potatos in my armory, but after coming back to the game I had to sell like 7 potato'd weapons. Now compare it to the Penta, which is just incredible even without a potato, and I'm just waiting for the next Catalyst alert to improve it.