Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In a fit of idiocy I decided I'd try Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 again, since it's the only one in the series I never put much time in to, and was reminded how unreasonably angry the large mobile suits make me. Like Kamille's mission 4, I have never once beaten it, not even on easy, either I throw caution to the wind and the Psycho Gundam kills me to death or I play it safe and Amuro dies because the AI has all the self preservation instincts of a suicidal lemming. Is there something I'm not getting? Am I supposed to grind the first two missions for levels and parts? Am I just terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Sakurazuka posted:

In a fit of idiocy I decided I'd try Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 again, since it's the only one in the series I never put much time in to, and was reminded how unreasonably angry the large mobile suits make me. Like Kamille's mission 4, I have never once beaten it, not even on easy, either I throw caution to the wind and the Psycho Gundam kills me to death or I play it safe and Amuro dies because the AI has all the self preservation instincts of a suicidal lemming. Is there something I'm not getting? Am I supposed to grind the first two missions for levels and parts? Am I just terrible?

You're probably not using charged attacks. Hold down Square for a could seconds to charge up a powerful move then jump at the mobile armor and aim for a weak spot. The charged up attacks do very strong damage, have a high chance to knock the mobile armor down, and easily destroy breakable parts.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Definitely using charge attacks, but that usually just ends with me getting knocked around trying to bait them into attacking and exposing the weak points because you can't charge and boost at the same time.

Edit: Haha, oh gently caress I didn't realise there was an extra glow when you were charged up to max, I thought as soon as you started glowing you were good to go. Beat it on my first try.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 9, 2014

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Top Gym Pumper posted:

That DW8 XL complete package thing and SW4 are confirmed coming out. They haven't said anything about Gundam 4.

I feel like they have a tendency to release spinoff titles within a month of a main title so maybe we'll get DWG4 in April. Here's hoping anyway.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
Is anyone getting it for PS4? I'd love to have some people to play DW8 with.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Yes, a few people had posted a while ago about the Complete Edition so when the game comes out might as well drop your PSN ID and link up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Don't have a PS4 yet but I'm probably going to be picking one up around when DW8 lands, assuming nothing financially disastrous happens before then.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm getting the Complete Edition, yeah.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So Tecmo Koei USA/EU is confirming that you'll be able to transfer save data from DW8 to DW8XL/DW8XLCE, but apparently the Vita version doesn't get it? I thought the Japanese Vita version could use save data import just like PS3/PS4 but I guess not.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I imagine this is going to be a trophy clusterfuck.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

abagofcheetos posted:

I imagine this is going to be a trophy clusterfuck.

When aren't they.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It looks like the save import works like it did in Japan. Anyone know if there was an option to import your save from the PS3 XL to PS4 XL rather than just from PS3 8 to PS4 8/XL?

I'm going to be in India until some time in August and as much as I love Koei games I really don't want to spend the $800 US a PS4 costs there and have to worry about it surviving the plane trip home but I'm going to want it for the PS4 eventually.

E: What I'm saying is I'd like to play XL on the PS3 for a while then upgrade to the PS4 later.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 10, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Random allied officer in Basara 4: "I'd show you my amazing valor...but I took an arrow to the knee".

Did NOT expect to see a Skyrim reference in this game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Been playing Kessen III and I can truly say two things now.

1. Jesus Christ Honda please stop killing everyone so early into the game.
2. Chapter 2's decisive battle is quite literally evil. the person who was responsible for its creation deserves nothing less than the death penalty for the insane micromanagement and sheer "I pray to god this works" that goes into S-Ranking and 100%ing that map.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Onmi posted:

Been playing Kessen III and I can truly say two things now.

1. Jesus Christ Honda please stop killing everyone so early into the game.
2. Chapter 2's decisive battle is quite literally evil. the person who was responsible for its creation deserves nothing less than the death penalty for the insane micromanagement and sheer "I pray to god this works" that goes into S-Ranking and 100%ing that map.

Is that Okehazama? Because yeah that's a big speedbump if you want the S-Rank. I don't even think the reward for an S-Rank is even worth the effort. It's much easier to 100% in NG+

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So, anyone want a sequel to Kamen Rider: Battride War? Because that's what you're getting. Kamen Rider: Battride War 2 will feature all the movie Riders and is due out June 26th in Japan.

I've been meaning to get the original for some time, but I guess I'll buy it because it's like $30 on Amazon right now.

edit: New link with more info/scans.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 10, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The original was kind of... Really lame. It was definitely a knockoff DW game, and it showed. It was kind of cool how they integrated each Rider's gimmick, but something about the game felt really off. Still kind of worth it to be hilariously overpowered as Faiz. Actually every (main) Rider could be pretty hilariously powerful in their own right, except maybe Hibiki. He kinda sucked.

I'm relatively excited about a sequel, I suppose. Hope they fix some of the major problems with the game (some Riders seem WAY AWFUL at first because they take way too many levels to unlock their full set of gimmicks and movesets, general lack of stage variety, really broken systems sometimes.)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Brony Hunter posted:

Is that Okehazama? Because yeah that's a big speedbump if you want the S-Rank. I don't even think the reward for an S-Rank is even worth the effort. It's much easier to 100% in NG+

Yes Okehazama was absolutely brutal especially since I had, in my knowledge that speed is key in all strategy games, replaced all my foot units with the horse variations, so I had no high level spears to go tank Honda while I flank charged him. I finally did get it but wow was that annoying.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Is it worth importing Sengoku Basara 4? I enjoyed 3, but I'm assuming 4 is never gonna get released Na/EU side.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

PrinnySquadron posted:

Is it worth importing Sengoku Basara 4? I enjoyed 3, but I'm assuming 4 is never gonna get released Na/EU side.

Nah, Capcom have pretty much said they aren't doing English releases for Basara titles.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

So I just got a Vita and have been playing Dynasty Warriors Next all night and loving it. Now I've peeked at Play Asia and remembered there's massive amounts of musou games that have stayed in Japan.

Now I'm definitely going with the Vita version of 8 Complete, but what can I get to tide me over otherwise? Out of Orochi 2 Ultimate, Shin Gundam, 7 Complete, Sengoku 4, etc., what's most worth my cash? I'm leaning toward Orochi 2 for sheer amount of content, but I'm open to suggestions!

While I'm at it, is Shinovi Versus good for a musou fan? I know it's horribly fan-service-y but I play so many Japanese games these days I barely notice that stuff anymore.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shinovi Versus is kind of like Sengoku Basara in that the musou stuff is mostly filler to get to the boss battles. You maybe kill 100 or so girl enemies then fight a boss every stage, not something you want if you're looking for 1000 zone out button mash kill affairs.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

thorsilver posted:

While I'm at it, is Shinovi Versus good for a musou fan? I know it's horribly fan-service-y but I play so many Japanese games these days I barely notice that stuff anymore.

You may want to hold off getting it. Burst came out recently and there have been hints that they are going to localize Shinovi Versus (Burst was to test the waters for the series, so says hearsay). Of course, if you don't care about that then feel free.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013

Lunethex posted:

Yes, a few people had posted a while ago about the Complete Edition so when the game comes out might as well drop your PSN ID and link up.

Policenaut posted:

I'm getting the Complete Edition, yeah.

Sakurazuka posted:

Don't have a PS4 yet but I'm probably going to be picking one up around when DW8 lands, assuming nothing financially disastrous happens before then.

PSN: EmperorChess

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Jibo posted:

Nah, Capcom have pretty much said they aren't doing English releases for Basara titles.

Yeah, thought so :( Oh well, I'll look into importing it when I next get paid.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

No, it's not a mirage. Japanese third party support for the Wii U actually exists! Kamen Rider: Battride War 2 is coming to Wii U.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ugh, 1000G-ing DW8 is more tedious than WO2 and WO3 combined. I think I might just be done with this game.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Funny enough I was OK maxing out bonds with everyone in DW7, but gave up unlocking everyone's skills :iiam:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Takoluka posted:

Ugh, 1000G-ing DW8 is more tedious than WO2 and WO3 combined. I think I might just be done with this game.

What part of it did you find tedious? I mean, yeah, there's some tedium there but it doesn't seem any worse than WO3 in my experience or really any other Musou game where you need to do some grinding. And the grindiest parts (materials and bonds) go by way faster than bonds in WO3.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jibo posted:

What part of it did you find tedious? I mean, yeah, there's some tedium there but it doesn't seem any worse than WO3 in my experience or really any other Musou game where you need to do some grinding. And the grindiest parts (materials and bonds) go by way faster than bonds in WO3.

WO3 took me no time at all. WO2 took a while, but beating every mission on Chaos (there seems to be so many more of them in DW8), collecting massive amounts of materials, and needing guides to find every weapon and animal is just too much work. Also, I apparently missed a few cutscenes somehow.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Takoluka posted:

WO3 took me no time at all. WO2 took a while, but beating every mission on Chaos (there seems to be so many more of them in DW8), collecting massive amounts of materials, and needing guides to find every weapon and animal is just too much work. Also, I apparently missed a few cutscenes somehow.

Hmm I don't know. Maybe I spent too much time in the DLC on WO3 but I'm really close to finishing out DW8 (just a few more people to get bonds for and a few more rare weapons) and WO3 is still a ways off despite me spending considerably more time on WO3.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Which achievement involves maxing all bonds on DW8?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Takoluka posted:

I don't know. Maybe there isn't one? I've been going for 100% (as in totally doing everything regardless of cheeves) in all Musou games for a while so I've just been working on it. I kind of just figured there was one since there has been for most of them.

Arctic Cress
Oct 23, 2010

Takoluka posted:

It's the one that involves you listening to all of the voice lines in the gallery. The funny thing is that the lines from all the bonds in the English version aren't even voiced :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Arctic Cress posted:

It's the one that involves you listening to all of the voice lines in the gallery. The funny thing is that the lines from all the bonds in the English version aren't even voiced :v:

The funny thing is that you don't actually need to do what the trophy says, you just max all the bonds and they unlock, therefore you've somehow listened to them all :v:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lunethex posted:

The funny thing is that you don't actually need to do what the trophy says, you just max all the bonds and they unlock, therefore you've somehow listened to them all :v:

Yeah it's the same way in OPPW2. You just have to unlock them because gently caress listening to all 100 or so of them with the load times and all that bullshit.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I am so bad at video games. I've died four times in a row to Ma Dai in DW7. I get him low, then he does a charge attack while I'm busy fighting with the camera to see where he is and then it's game over.

I used to play DW4 without any camera problems :(. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I'm not necessarily asking for advice because I know that I just need to take things a little slower and always keep him in front of me. It would be nice if there was a way to cancel their charge attacks or block them or something though.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Are there any decent DW8 or WO3 lps out there?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Ambition Mode is pretty much the biggest chore to ever play so I don't blame anyone for not getting Plat/1000 in 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Edit : nevermind

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 16, 2014