Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

amarantinesky posted:

Nessa, I hope it goes well! I really emphasize with your situation since I'm also bi and engaged to a dude. I admire you though because I'll probably never say anything to my family or to most people. I'm a wimp plus I basically live the life of a straight person so I feel like I haven't earned the label or something.

I've felt that way too. I could probably easily go the rest of my life without any of my family knowing, because why would they need to? I think that just because I can live the life of a straight person, doesn't mean that I should pretend that I am.

It doesn't help that I only came out to my fiancé a year ago, at the ripe old age of 25, nearly a year after coming out to myself. I went to a couple of meetings at the Pride Centre last year, but I didn't really feel like I belonged with that crowd. I didn't even want to mention having a boyfriend to anyone there. I felt "not gay enough" because I couldn't really relate to anyone else.

Thankfully, a few of my comic book friends are other bi ladies, so I know I have folks to talk to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
people laugh at me when i say i'm a lesbian just because i'm a dude

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Nessa posted:

I've felt that way too. I could probably easily go the rest of my life without any of my family knowing, because why would they need to? I think that just because I can live the life of a straight person, doesn't mean that I should pretend that I am.

It doesn't help that I only came out to my fiancé a year ago, at the ripe old age of 25, nearly a year after coming out to myself. I went to a couple of meetings at the Pride Centre last year, but I didn't really feel like I belonged with that crowd. I didn't even want to mention having a boyfriend to anyone there. I felt "not gay enough" because I couldn't really relate to anyone else.

Thankfully, a few of my comic book friends are other bi ladies, so I know I have folks to talk to.

Best of luck to you! When I finally worked up the nerve to tell my sister who is gay that I was bi, she and her girlfriend made some round-about statement how "everyone is sort of bi" which mostly sounded like another way of them saying to me "we don't really buy it". Neither one has ever even brought the subject up again after that.

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in how blase they seemed about the revelation of mine that took some liquid courage to bring out. Ah well, life isn't like the movies.

Anyways, I know exactly how you feel in how you may feel like you "don't belong" amongst the gay community, especially when you get the kind of response I got from my gay sister.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

you rock posted:

what are ur galz experience with online dating (worth it or not)?

mehhhh

also bi erasure sucks

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Putty posted:

Are you a Male Lesbian or a Lesbian Who Happens to be a Man?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
lesbian trapped in a sexy mans body

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
post balla soup recipes tia

this will do perfectly

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

Hie thee to Tumblr, a fair and bounteous land for thy afflick'ton.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I'm attracted to guys, but like, in a gay way

help me tumblr

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

i like this

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

pixelbaron posted:

lesbian trapped in a sexy mans body

That's a non-op transbian

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
someone once told me they were friends with a "tumblr celebrity"

what

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Zangeif after a vodka bender.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Valentines day clearance stuff was a warzone

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Corn Thongs posted:

Valentines day clearance stuff was a warzone

judging by my facebook feed everyone ran the gauntlet to get cheap lovely chocolate so they could take a instagram of it and say "got this for $1 when all you all spent $20 hahaha"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dongicus posted:

4 cups chicken stock
2-3 jalapenos (seeded if you wish)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp fresh oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb chicken, shredded (i prefer to do it in a slow cooker, and let it sit overnight in ginger, lemon juice, peppercorn, cumin, sweet paprika)
1 15oz can black beans (or 2 cups if you want to cook it from dried beans)
1 onion (sweet preferred)
1 tsp cumin
1-2 tomatoes chopped (i sometimes do one roma and one bog standard red vine tomato)
juice of one lime
1 tsp olive oil
cilantro for garnish

salt, pepper to taste

optional:1 pasilla pepper for extra zest if you want

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dongicus posted:

Take some instant ramen, but right after you pour in the water, stir in a beaten egg. Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serves one.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
ramen is poison

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

take block of instant ramen, crush it up into a bowl, eat it dry as you sob and watch anime

e; let your tears reconstitute the noodles

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Putty posted:

ramen is poison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UrSUwwLsSo

It's like a miracle food.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
ramen is for gaymen

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

boom boom boom posted:

Take some instant ramen, but right after you pour in the water, stir in a beaten egg. Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serves one.

this is definitely what I used to do when I was a freshman in college

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

here's my very easy soup recipe

take a couple chicken drumsticks and/or thighs, put in water with a little salt and whatever herbs you wanna use and simmer while you do other stuff (last time I left it on the stove 2-3 hours before I started chopping stuff, then simmered for another couple hours)

chop up onion, mushroom, carrot, celery, garlic and sautee. add to the bird water. chop up some asparagus and potatoes, also add. add some tomato paste. simmer.

if you want you can also add some chicken breast near the end.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Dongicus posted:

ramen is for gaymen

do they even have the bastard food in ye high scottish alps where underpanters are also nonexistant

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Putty posted:

do they even have the bastard food in ye high scottish alps where underpanters are also nonexistant

ochh aye m8

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Wicker Man posted:

Best of luck to you! When I finally worked up the nerve to tell my sister who is gay that I was bi, she and her girlfriend made some round-about statement how "everyone is sort of bi" which mostly sounded like another way of them saying to me "we don't really buy it". Neither one has ever even brought the subject up again after that.

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in how blase they seemed about the revelation of mine that took some liquid courage to bring out. Ah well, life isn't like the movies.

Anyways, I know exactly how you feel in how you may feel like you "don't belong" amongst the gay community, especially when you get the kind of response I got from my gay sister.

Aww, that sucks that your sister would say something like that. I remember once in the fabgoons thread there was one dude who claimed that you couldn't be bi unless you've slept with both sexes, as that's the only way to know. Pretty sure he got banned.

Still, people saying stuff like that always leaves me with a little bit of doubt about myself. That's probably helped me take so long to figure it out.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
why is it so hard to do low-carb why does everybody disagree with each other am i allowed to eat watermelon or not :smith:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my kingdom for a chocolate croissant

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

why is it so hard to do low-carb why does everybody disagree with each other am i allowed to eat watermelon or not :smith:

low-carb is lame. just exercise and eat all the carbs you want

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Guys I just finished the Handmaids Tale and I am severely emotionally compromised. :(

Everything in the world is terrible and sad.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

if you're following the weird fad diet low carb then no I don't think so fruits are bad, but I think an easier and more feasible low carb diet is just keeping grains (pasta/bread/rice/etc) low imo

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
today my boyfriend told me that my "web presence is scary" and i don't know what to say to that

is my personal brand terrifying

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shannonmcn posted:

Guys I just finished the Handmaids Tale and I am severely emotionally compromised. :(

Everything in the world is terrible and sad.
she escaped and lived happily ever after and no high school english teacher can tell me otherwise

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Avshalom posted:

Carbs are practically in everything that isn't straight out of the dirt. Before you know it, even our drinking water will have some.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Corn Thongs posted:

if you're following the weird fad diet low carb then no I don't think so fruits are bad, but I think an easier and more feasible low carb diet is just keeping grains (pasta/bread/rice/etc) low imo
well i wouldn't dare disagree with a something awful forums mod so i'll welcome watermelon back into my life (it never left)

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I had to take a break on depressing stuff after Handmaid's Tale :smith:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

bonewitch posted:

today my boyfriend told me that my "web presence is scary" and i don't know what to say to that

is my personal brand terrifying

Let me just check your e-stock *mashes face on keyboard*

Hmm yes, not very good at all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

well i wouldn't dare disagree with a something awful forums mod

the mod is wrong :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014