Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oren being amazing: The episode :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Man its going to suck if Oren ever gets removed from the plot somehow, he's like the icing and cherry on top of an already delicious orange based cake :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Was I the only one intensly hungry for pastry after this episode. A lot of people say fictional food looks better then real food, but this episode cemented that for me. Also, I keep wondering if Gaim's popularity might lead to the abolishment of two episode MOTW episodes, or this is just a one off experiment.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Solaris Knight posted:

Was I the only one intensly hungry for pastry after this episode. A lot of people say fictional food looks better then real food, but this episode cemented that for me. Also, I keep wondering if Gaim's popularity might lead to the abolishment of two episode MOTW episodes, or this is just a one off experiment.

Well Gaim merch is selling like hot cakes apparently. Some source/link I saw posted on /m/ had the figures at ~400% over what Wizard was selling (and Wizard was a pretty low point not only in the show but for merch sales as well). So at least it's do well. Hopefully this means no Hibiki style retooling.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It feels like this series is really winding up for Micchy doing something reprehensible. To who, I can't say just yet. But I can't buy that Urobochi would put all this effort into showing how willing Micchy is to cross moral boundaries and manipulate others just for a "never mind, I'm gonna stay with the good guys". The other shoe hasn't dropped yet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

It feels like this series is really winding up for Micchy doing something reprehensible. To who, I can't say just yet. But I can't buy that Urobochi would put all this effort into showing how willing Micchy is to cross moral boundaries and manipulate others just for a "never mind, I'm gonna stay with the good guys". The other shoe hasn't dropped yet.

This episode did end with him trying to keep having his cake and eating it, which is a fundamentally unsustainable situation. He's going to end up paying somehow.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well Gaim merch is selling like hot cakes apparently. Some source/link I saw posted on /m/ had the figures at ~400% over what Wizard was selling (and Wizard was a pretty low point not only in the show but for merch sales as well). So at least it's do well. Hopefully this means no Hibiki style retooling.

Amiami and HLJ are sold out of almost all Gaim stuff. Of course, that might just be because they got burned so bad by Fourze and Wizard merchandise they ordered like, 3 of each lockseed, etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still miffed at myself that I never got around to getting one of the cheaper Fourze action figures while they were in stock. :saddowns:

Now it's been long enough that they're collectors items and I might as well get a cool Figuarts or something for that price.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I'm still miffed at myself that I never got around to getting one of the cheaper Fourze action figures while they were in stock. :saddowns:

Now it's been long enough that they're collectors items and I might as well get a cool Figuarts or something for that price.

"that price" Haha yeah, what are the figuarts going for now? 1500 yen for a figure, 300 yen for a switch set?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I haven't really looked. More than I'm comfortable spending for a Figuarts from a B+ Kamen Rider series with only two accessories. v:v:v

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I got my SHF Fourze for about 40 euros total, and that was a bit after the series had ended. Not sure what your own benchmark is, but I'd say that it's worth the money.
I still would like that cool base that is pretty hard to find, but almost necessary for him, especially if you want to actually USE Drill.

VVV: I like the detachable switches myself. Gives a nice little bit of show-accuracy. It is a bit annoying at the start, but it's not hard to pose him without touching the belt at all. My only issue was that his little 'horns' on the head were a touch loose, but nothing a spot of glue didn't fix.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 11, 2014

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SHF Fourze is the one piece of toku merchandise I own and it's pretty nice but goddamn why did they think it was a good idea to have detachable switches when they're that tiny?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Brother Entropy posted:

SHF Fourze is the one piece of toku merchandise I own and it's pretty nice but goddamn why did they think it was a good idea to have detachable switches when they're that tiny?
I keep losing them because he'll fall over randomly and the switches explode and are sucked into tiny black holes. Amazon sells Figuarts both through Bluefin (Which means Power Ranger packaging/loss of some stuff like Akibaranger extras) and through Amazon-affiliated retailers. There's quite a bit right around $30 US and they sell them on the UK and Canadian Amazon stores as well

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The new Gaim just aired. It was genuinely uplifting and a joy to watch. Which probably means that things are going to get dark again before the next few episodes are done. :(

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
So knuckle has the most stylish transformation pose.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

What the gently caress did his belt say?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rei_ posted:

What the gently caress did his belt say?

I believe MISTEEEEEER KNUCKLE!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It wasMIIIIIIIIIISTAAAAH KNOCKOUT. Not Knuckle.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
The fact that more of the people in the dance troupes are getting character development, even if its minor, is making me really happy.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Subs are out, by the way. Just getting to watching it now.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Well that sure was uplifting and happy!

Something terrible is bound to happen soon, I bet. :ohdear:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Apollove posted:

The fact that more of the people in the dance troupes are getting character development, even if its minor, is making me really happy.

Man, dancing. I'm glad we're getting more of that. :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm really confused as to where the extra Gaim riders came from, since they've got two new males on the team. And there's a team of all-girls now? And a couple new teams? Were these just teams that were mentioned but never shown?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Flameingblack posted:

Were these just teams that were mentioned but never shown?

Yes. They technically made their debut in Sengoku Movie Taisen, I believe.

Edit: Dammit, Kouta.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 18, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Flameingblack posted:

I'm really confused as to where the extra Gaim riders came from, since they've got two new males on the team. And there's a team of all-girls now? And a couple new teams? Were these just teams that were mentioned but never shown?

Team Gaim's always had that many dancers, the two nameless guys just don't show up as often for whatever reason. You can see them during the first dancing scene in episode one.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

The girls team in white were the Kamen Rider Girls, right?

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Potsticker posted:

The girls team in white were the Kamen Rider Girls, right?

Right, Team Pop Up.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This show is so well done. Even the Op from the music to the foreshadowing imagery. I watch every week and by the time I notice the episode is almost over. I think this just might top W.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
I was just checking out Tokusatsu Network's latest roundup on actor's blogs when I read this:

quote:

Team Baron’s #2 in Kamen Rider Gaim, Gaku Matsuda (below) gushes about his new role in the series. He notes that back in middle school, he used to dance. Though dancing wasn’t initially his passion, he needed it to get into his high school of choice. He developed a passion for dancing because of his teacher, Katou Kurumi , who, sadly, fell ill and passed away in 2010. Matsuda fondly remembers his dance teacher for his cheerfulness and support. Now that Matsuda has a new role as Kamen Rider Knuckle Kurumi (walnut) Arms that bears the same name as his late teacher, he feels as if it’s fate and his teacher is still watching over him. Matsuda’s pose and style is all in tribute to the dance teacher that inspired him.
How has someone who at the start was depicted as a typical highschool bully suddenly become one of my favourite characters? :psyduck:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really want to know what Sagara's deal is. Maybe he needs the dancers around because he just really likes being a DJ?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I really want to know what Sagara's deal is. Maybe he needs the dancers around because he just really likes being a DJ?
There seems to be four different parts within the company.

Sagara controlled the media and propaganda and after being out of a job, seems to want to help the Heroes.
Sid controls the distribution of the lock seeds and experiments, without need to distribute he became a Rider.
Ryoma controls the research department and seems to clash against Takatora to progress research on his tools.
Takatora is the project lead and seems to want to get to whatever end-goal Helheim hides.

The Wiki I'm reading on Sagara says that he was an undercover agent and was kicked out of Yggdrasil, but I don't remember any of this ever happening. I know his services were no longer needed after the out-break since the Propoganda switched targets to blaming the dancers instead of hyping them; but other than him helping everyone escape he hasn't really done much else.

There are spoilers of course, One of the new toys is a DJ gun so he's probably going to be helping the good guys out for the time being.

His character is really interesting though, I'd love to see where it goes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thurm posted:

I was just checking out Tokusatsu Network's latest roundup on actor's blogs when I read this:

How has someone who at the start was depicted as a typical highschool bully suddenly become one of my favourite characters? :psyduck:

Zack wasn't the Bully. The other guy was the one knocking locks out of hands with the slingshot.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Do we know who the Lemon dude is? I hope it's Goro, I want that guy to have a bigger role.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Do we know who the Lemon dude is? I hope it's Goro, I want that guy to have a bigger role.

It's the professor. Like in the silhouettes when they first appeared Lemon's dude was wearing a big ol white lab coat. He even talked IN SUIT at the end of this episode.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Those dancing Invess. :3:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I love how Jounouchi's reaction to getting found and dragged onstage during the show is "eh, gently caress it, might as well dance." :allears:

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
DX Walnut and Pinecone lockseed set. Yesssssssssssss. :allears:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I wish I was less broke/knew how to order these. I want that Sid Lockseed entirely too much.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Volatile Penguin posted:

I love how Jounouchi's reaction to getting found and dragged onstage during the show is "eh, gently caress it, might as well dance." :allears:
Seeing what Oren did to him in the beginning of the episode, the poor guy just broke down and wanted to have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Perigryn posted:

Seeing what Oren did to him in the beginning of the episode, the poor guy just broke down and wanted to have fun.

Flying buttcheck.

• Locked thread