Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Not practically, literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

quote:

To: libstripper 
if you think urban yuts weren’t feeling immunity in playing the “knockout game”, just wait....this case will further encourage them to “step it up”. 

Do they think there is some sort of weekly meeting of 'ferals' where they check the news before deciding whether to step it up or not

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lord Twisted posted:

Do they think there is some sort of weekly meeting of 'ferals' where they check the news before deciding whether to step it up or not

They get their marching orders from Obama and Holder at the weekly meeting where they pass out new iPhone 5S's and EBT cards loaded with enough cash to buy big, gently caress off, brand new Cadillac SUV's.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We were a little late getting to the airport and then drove around a bit looking for the TEA party group. Couldn't find them. Saw a group of peaceniks protesting Obama and was tempted to join them, but drove on. Saw four or five groups of civilians standing around waiting to pay homage to their king
*sigh* Just...gently caress you old man.

kik2dagroin posted:

Probably stdh.txt, but running this through the non-crazy filter we get this story: I drove to the store to pick up some dog food with my pups riding in the car with me. Not wanting them to die in the car from heat stroke, I rolled the windows down to provide them with fresh air while I went in to grab the food. A group of non-black men sat in their car in the parking spot adjacent to mine, backed up, and quietly exited the parking lot without incident.
HE pulled into a parking spot next to two "grubby" cars, only one of which was occupied, and his first instinct was to flash them a gun! Jesus Christ these people!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
This is a reminder that South Carolina is considering a bill where pretty much anyone can carry a gun anywhere without any consequences.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skaboomizzy posted:

This is a reminder that South Carolina is considering a bill where pretty much anyone can carry a gun anywhere without any consequences.

The entire country is heading that way.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-concealed-weapons-20140214,0,1930416.story#axzz2tURqi3bA

It's probably going to SCOTUS within a year or two.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Plinkey posted:

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-concealed-weapons-20140214,0,1930416.story#axzz2tURqi3bA

Won't that lose them their wedge issue? Or will it become "My LIEBERAL DEMONCRAP opponent feels you shouldn't be able to concealed carry into a pediatric surgery ward or a women's home! But friend, where would you need your sidearm more? Also, keywords: gun grabber, liberal, second amendment."

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Plinkey posted:

The part that was supposedly unconstitutional was having to prove a need to get a concealed carry permit, not that you can't have the classes and permit requirement. Most states make you take classes and register to carry concealed. My favorite is that they always had open carry in Arizona, so anyone can carry a gun as long as it's not concealed, then about five years ago they got rid of needing a permit for concealed, so now anyone anytime can be strapped. It's pretty hosed up there, I know a lot of people who were afraid to go to bars and parties after that passed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lord Twisted posted:

They're given a weekly quota of old white people to punch in the head by Obama.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Listen comrades, the "dead old white people" quota has to be stepped up this week or the workers won't recieve their food stamps and free housing.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

What, you're not on the email list? PM me.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chelsea Clinton says gay rights have made progress

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3123761/posts

quote:

What makes her an expert?
1 posted on 2/16/2014 5:15:45 PM by Libloather

quote:

To: Libloather
Her mother, the dyke.

2 posted on 2/16/2014 5:16:29 PM by EEGator

Truly a list of countries to look up to on human rights.

quote:

Let’s see...

Despite several activist judicial rulings in the USA, this last year was a disaster for sexual deviants.

- Croatia added traditional marriage to its constitution in a referendum

- Russia cut the head off the snake by banning propaganda to minors

- Nigeria passed a law banning advocacy organizations from meeting

- India’s supreme court re-instated the sodomy laws, with little chance of them being changed by an increasingly Hindu nationalist party in parliament

- Uganda just had its president assent to laws cracking down on a large European pederasty ring in the country

- Australia overturned a localized legalization of same-sex marriage

- And the lobby’s big targets in the Caribbean, Belize and Jamaica, retain their sodomy laws with broad popular support.

I’d say if anything, Chelsea needs a new brain.

8 posted on 2/16/2014 5:22:32 PM by Viennacon

quote:

To: Viennacon
WOW....thanks for that great information.....as OUR once fine country goes down the IMMORAL DRAIN!

15 posted on 2/16/2014 5:26:25 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

The Oracle speaks!!! We must bow down.
ANAL SEX....ANAL SEX......ANAL SEX.....it's ALL DEMOCRATS THINK ABOUT!!!! Sickening!!

10 posted on 2/16/2014 5:24:58 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: Ann Archy
It’s really bizarre how they are just on this subject day-in, day-out, week-in, week-out.

Obsessed they are. As if some sort of Utopian world will be created by it.

It simply makes no logical sense at all.

24 posted on 2/16/2014 5:32:47 PM by F15Eagle (1Jn4:15;5:4-5,11-13;Mt27:50-54;Mk15:33-34;Jn3:17-18,6:69,11:25,14:6,20:31;Ro10:8-11;1Tm2:5-6;Ti3:4-7)

lol

quote:

The “finished” business of the Left for the 21st century is unchecked dominance over Christians. Make no mistake. The “marriage” issue, although vital, is just a pretext. This is being sought as the ultimate spring board for much, much more homo-oppression. And in case your mind doesn’t want to go there, yes, they WILL outlaw the Bible and imprison biblical Christians when they have enough political power.

19 posted on 2/16/2014 5:29:17 PM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quote:

The Oracle speaks!!! We must bow down.
ANAL SEX....ANAL SEX......ANAL SEX.....it's ALL DEMOCRATS THINK ABOUT!!!! Sickening!!

10 posted on 2/16/2014 5:24:58 PM by Ann Archy (Abortion......the Human Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

Are they...are they even trying anymore? I mean I joke as much as anyone else about freep's tendency to project, but seriously this is even more transparent than usual.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
It was never a joke :ssh:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What's with the Chelsea Hubble thing? I've never heard that before.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I'm beginning to think that Freep would forgive any criticism of Obama if he outright banned gay marriage and homosexuality in general. As seen with their love of Putin, these people would probably accept anything the Democrats shove down their throat, accept Obama as their dear leader, and MAYBE even accept some gun control in exchange for the peace of mind that the gays aren't having anal sex anymore.

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 17, 2014

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Why do Freepers (okay, super homophobic people in general) instantly think of anal sex whenever anything that has to do with homosexuality is brought up? And they call gay people perverts. :ironicat: Besides, isn't it common knowledge that straight people have anal too and not all gay men even do it?

Celery Face fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 17, 2014

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Plinkey posted:

What's with the Chelsea Hubble thing? I've never heard that before.

They've been saying it for years. Super classy.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Celery Face posted:

Why do Freepers (okay, super homophobic people in general) instantly think of anal sex whenever anything that has to do with homosexuality is brought up? And they call gay people perverts. :ironicat: Besides, isn't it common knowledge that straight people have anal too and not all gay men even do it?

The Fox was heard to remark: "Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need sour grapes."

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Freepers: ANAL SEX....ANAL SEX......ANAL SEX.....

Minghawk
Oct 9, 2012

unwantedplatypus posted:

Looking at Jimrob, I can't really feel anger or disgust. I just feel sorry for him. Sure he has amazingly abhorrent views, but if his lovely views give him comfort...he can't exactly hurt anyone.

He's an ill and elderly man, but don't go giving him a pass for that. He can and does hurt people, as he runs a festering shitpit of a website that gives sociopaths validation. Freepers would find somewhere else to congregate if his site were not available, of course, but in organising this community as he does he's actively making bad people worse, and shaking them down for money at the same time. I know what you mean on a human level, but he gave up his humanity a good while back.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I came all the way to D&D to express how thrilled I am to have had my first real encounter with a Freeper.....who insisted that nobody at Sandy Hook actually got killed and all they did was walk in circles around the parking lot of the firehouse for a few hours.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

FFStudios posted:

I came all the way to D&D to express how thrilled I am to have had my first real encounter with a Freeper.....who insisted that nobody at Sandy Hook actually got killed and all they did was walk in circles around the parking lot of the firehouse for a few hours.

Jesus Christ on the cross. Nail a copy of The Demon-Haunted World to this person's forehead.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FFStudios posted:

....What? If he thinks ATF gay abortion gestapo stormtroopers did it fine whatever, but what does this even mean?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FFStudios posted:

Was it your dad or your uncle?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

....What? If he thinks ATF gay abortion gestapo stormtroopers did it fine whatever, but what does this even mean?

It means he thinks the parents of twenty dead children are actors.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Sorry, UK goon here, who is Holder and his people?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Eric Holder is the attorney general. "Holder's people" means black people.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
He's the first black AG.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

FFStudios posted:

Half the people I work with seem to believe this. Sometimes I hate living in Southern Arizona.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So I was dicking around on Freep it looks like JimRob has got some kind of 'delete article' feature that's not very well implemented.

I knew that I saw something about Michael Sam and Westboro trying to protest him receiving some kind of award at a basketball game last night or today I tried to search and couldn't find it but Google managed to cache it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3123628/posts (Freep isn't sure if they hate gays or Westboro more)

Looks like there is some way to make articles disappear from the index/search but you can still get to them if you know the post number.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

Celery Face posted:

Straight people only have missionary sex, with the lights out, through a hole in a sheet. Anything else is an abomination.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Rauri posted:

Eric Holder is the attorney general. "Holder's people" means black people.

To be more specific, Holder once referred to the black community as "his people" And Freep ran with that because they are massive racists.

quote:

In May 2009, Holder's Department of Justice completed a civil suit originally brought by J. Christian Adams of the Bush Justice Department against the New Black Panther Party, its chairman, and two of its members for voter intimidation due to their conduct during the 2008 election. Two members of the Party had stood outside a polling station during the election in paramilitary uniforms, one carrying a nightstick. Due to lack of evidence, the Department of Justice dropped the charges against the party, its chairman, and one of the two members who had stood outside the polling station. With the evidence presented, the Department of Justice successfully obtained a narrow injunction against the other. Former lawyers who had served under the Bush Administration have stated that the current DOJ under Holder is unwilling to prosecute minorities for civil rights violations. Three other Justice Department lawyers, in recent interviews, gave the same description of the department's culture, which department officials strongly deny. In the months after the case ended, tensions persisted. Eventually, Christopher Coates (of the Justice's Civil Rights Division) testified that she told attorneys at a September 2009 lunch that the Obama administration was interested in filing cases - under a key voting rights section - only on behalf of minorities.[95]

During a meeting with a House subcommittee, Holder argued that the behavior (standing in a menacing way) of the New Black Panther Party was not comparable to historical voter intimidation against minorities, which often involved acts of violence and murder. Holder said, "When you compare what people endured in the South in the ’60s to try to get the right to vote for African Americans, to compare what people subjected to that with what happened in Philadelphia… I think does a great disservice to people who put their lives on the line for my people."[96]

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Plinkey posted:

You can still require training and licensing, though. It was specifically the arbitrary "Good cause" clause that was unconstitutional. California just has to be "shall issue" instead of "may issue" for the people that meet all the other requirements.

Previously you either had to carry large amounts of cash as part of your job, have a verifiable threat to your life or be a rich celebrity/politician to meet the good cause requirement. Oh, or donate the recommended amount to the local sherrif's re-election fund, which is total bullshit. If you were poor or a minority you could :getout:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Celery Face posted:

Victim blaming. LGBT people can no longer be beaten or murdered with impunity, and terrorizing or shaming us into into the closet no longer works. So now that we stand in solidarity with our fellow sexual minorities and demand to be treated with human dignity regardless of our identity, the bigots flip and go "These people can't keep their sex lives to themselves like normal people, they make it their whole identities like sucking dick/eating pussy is some special thing to be proud of! They're obsessed with sex! Just proves we were right all along about what sick perverts they are!"
:fuckoff:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The gay community historically had a tendency to have many partners. Not that they were lecherous or something but since society condemned the act you'd have to keep it in privacy and not keep the same partner for too long. So homophobic people take the wrong message that they were hiding it because they were ashamed of it, instead of you know, worried about their job, family etc. being ruined if it was found out.

Now that many are able to be open in certain states and even be married and raise a family without that same persecution, they can be more confident in who they are and express themselves more openly. I think many gay people are more confident in their sexuality because once you get over that hurdle of "I like other guys/girls" talking about sex becomes less of an issue. So they interpret that as "obsession".

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Azipod posted:

You can still require training and licensing, though. It was specifically the arbitrary "Good cause" clause that was unconstitutional. California just has to be "shall issue" instead of "may issue" for the people that meet all the other requirements.

Previously you either had to carry large amounts of cash as part of your job, have a verifiable threat to your life or be a rich celebrity/politician to meet the good cause requirement. Oh, or donate the recommended amount to the local sherrif's re-election fund, which is total bullshit. If you were poor or a minority you could :getout:

A Verifiable threat to your life was not "good cause", because "Police could be there in minutes".

About the only way in most CA counties to get one was as a political favor.

Since freep has a TOTALLY HETERO love affair with Putin, I have to wonder what the process would be for them to emigrate to russia, if russia would even have them.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

quote:

The “finished” business of the Left for the 21st century is unchecked dominance over Christians. Make no mistake. The “marriage” issue, although vital, is just a pretext. This is being sought as the ultimate spring board for much, much more homo-oppression. And in case your mind doesn’t want to go there, yes, they WILL outlaw the Bible and imprison biblical Christians when they have enough political power.

19 posted on 2/16/2014 5:29:17 PM by fwdude ( You cannot compromise with that which you must defeat.)

This is a great example of American far-right Christian's victim complex. I just revel in the fact that in their delusional little pea-sized brains all homosexuals want to do is put Christians into concentration camps. The only place I would like to see this brand of Christian is in a mental institution seeking the assistance of mental health professionals.

VitalSigns posted:

Victim blaming. LGBT people can no longer be beaten or murdered with impunity, and terrorizing or shaming us into into the closet no longer works. So now that we stand in solidarity with our fellow sexual minorities and demand to be treated with human dignity regardless of our identity, the bigots flip and go "These people can't keep their sex lives to themselves like normal people, they make it their whole identities like sucking dick/eating pussy is some special thing to be proud of! They're obsessed with sex! Just proves we were right all along about what sick perverts they are!"
:fuckoff:

Straights talk just as openly about their sex lives as LGBTs and have just as many partners. :ssh:

Edit:

Doccers posted:

Since freep has a TOTALLY HETERO love affair with Putin, I have to wonder what the process would be for them to emigrate to russia, if russia would even have them.

No. Even trying to visit Russia as an American is super difficult.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 17, 2014

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Doccers posted:

I don't think Russian officials accept social security checks (that I EARNED!!!) as bribes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

I was listening to a radio story about how, in actual Russia, there's a running joke about how if the news is good news, it shows Putin, and if it's bad news, it shows anyone else. Actual Russians understand that Putin's ridiculous image exists because of his total control of the media.

Freep, though, seems to think he actually spends all his time fishing shirtless, doing judo moves, flying helicopters, and riding horses.

• Locked thread