Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Why sell potato'd weapons when you can turn split chamber etc. into plat to buy slots with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallybored
Jun 27, 2007
Delicious!
Anybody throw me an invite to the ps4 clan - Dr_Watson349

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Denzine posted:

Why sell potato'd weapons when you can turn split chamber etc. into plat to buy slots with?

You know, I really should ask around regarding mods that are actually worth plat. I've got a Hell's Chamber duplicate I could max out.

Fake edit: I guess you could consider maxxing Serration over and over to be a credits to plat conversion. :v:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I've been thinking of selling mods on the PS4 but have no idea which are desirable and how much they're worth. I come across tons of duplicate good mods while farming other things. I normally just straight up give them to goons as, like I said before, I don't know which are wanted or how much to ask for them. Again, I'm on the PS4.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Got my rhino. :woop:

What general build should I go with for this guy? All his skills seem amazing.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Alteisen posted:

Got my rhino. :woop:

What general build should I go with for this guy? All his skills seem amazing.

2 is mandatory for any build.
4 is standard because it's arguably the best room clearer in the game.
3 amplifies damage and is optional depending on your build.
1 is to be ignored.

E: Rhino is really versatile and you have a wide breadth of range<---->power settings when building him assuming you have access to Corrupted mods. I personally prefer a max range build since the stun on his 4 is more than sufficient to let you pick off what the ult doesn't kill outright.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 16, 2014

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Meanwhile I like a full efficiency build, as it makes the duration on the stomp something really low, thus allowing you to use it more often. Which you can, because it's cheap! If you can, get the +speed hat, as it makes him a lot less suck in getting from place to place. That, along with Maglev and a full rush and you'll beat lokis, novas and zorencopters to the objective. :v:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Yeah. Try to get the Vanguard helm, and just put on whatever power-boosting mods you want. I personally ran with his Charge, Skin, and Stomp, I've never really bothered with Roar. Charge is only there to have a 'screw it I'm done parkouring today' button when needed, and could easily be dropped for something else.
Max out Power Strength to get the most out of Iron Skin, by the way. The HP it gives you is dependent on its own rank and on your Power Strength.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
You got three loadout variants, put them to good use!

Just some things to keep in mind:
Iron Skin lasts until it's broken.
IIRC, Stomp stun ignores duration mods, but Charge and Roar do not.
Maxing an aspect of a power requires Corrupted mods, which will hit another aspect - maxing efficiency (hard cap at 75%) hits duration, maxing range hits strength, etc.
What a two foot Charge loses in effectiveness and usefulness, it gains in comedy value.

I use a starched but unforma'ed Roar-less max efficiency Rhino that shuffle-charges towards extraction.
Denzine's Raptor wrangler Rhino used both Stomp and Roar, but I'm not sure if the technique has changed at all.

Rhino simply gives you so much to work with.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So the Wiki is accurate then?

Says if I go power efficiency it doesn't affect the stomp, but it can affect the rhino charge.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can I build and use an Ogris if I'm not Level 6? I can't get a Penta yet, only Level 4.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Croccers posted:

Can I build and use an Ogris if I'm not Level 6? I can't get a Penta yet, only Level 4.

Nope. Ogris is also L6 required.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

DelphiAegis posted:

Meanwhile I like a full efficiency build, as it makes the duration on the stomp something really low, thus allowing you to use it more often.

The stun on Stomp is unaffected by power duration mods.

Fish Noise posted:

Denzine's Raptor wrangler Rhino used both Stomp and Roar, but I'm not sure if the technique has changed at all.

Rhino simply gives you so much to work with.

Roar for weapon +damage, Stomp to keep him from entering his invuln phase until he's dead.

They may or may not have fixed that second part.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Croccers posted:

No, but you can get a Stug.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Azran posted:

Fake edit: I guess you could consider maxxing Serration over and over to be a credits to plat conversion. :v:

I just came back from a pretty long break and trading is new, how much platinum would a max serration be?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
200-400p depending on the seller and buyer.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Hahaha, I didn't know this was a mod. What a hilarious thing to do, DE.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is Kappa still the best planet for getting Oxium? or have people discovered a new Oxium mine?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
If I'm making Detonite Injectors, and I need 5, I need to buy the blueprint 5 times right?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Daric posted:

If I'm making Detonite Injectors, and I need 5, I need to buy the blueprint 5 times right?

Yes. If you're on the PC don't forget they're now available from invasions.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Is Kappa still the best planet for getting Oxium? or have people discovered a new Oxium mine?

Still Kappa as of last night.

Tryke
Jun 27, 2008
This game has got its hooks in to me, could I get an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN name: ItsTryke. Thanks!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

hooah posted:

Hahaha, I didn't know this was a mod. What a hilarious thing to do, DE.

You think that's funny? Wait until you meet Undying Will and Provoked, a 5-rank and 10-rank mod (respectively) that the Lone Tenno Operative just LOVES finding for you.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

ElegantFugue posted:

You think that's funny? Wait until you meet Undying Will and Provoked, a 5-rank and 10-rank mod (respectively) that the Lone Tenno Operative just LOVES finding for you.

Hold on now, Provoked is the only non-ability warframe mod that boosts weapon damage and combined with Undying Will it oh my god am I actually even thinking about this.

Anyway, intruder is still the worst mod now and forever.

e: Disregard that, it's actually Rebound which actively makes the modded weapon worse.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Denzine posted:

Afuris, when fully modded, have about 12k sustained DPS.

of course the ammo only lasts about 18 seconds...

True, but you could get Vipers or Gremlins and do the same thing, with slightly better ammo usage, and actually probably more damage. So yeah, they're pointless.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Plus the Afuris look boring and sound horrible. Seriouly listen to that sound urgh why would you use them when the Akstilleto and Vipers exist. :mad:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Androc posted:

e: Disregard that, it's actually Rebound which actively makes the modded weapon worse.

It might be fun with Whirlwind but I still haven't found that mod.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
As a new player, are there any primary weapons that are easier to obtain than others? I'm really wanting to get rid of the noobie gun.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

ElegantFugue posted:

Yeah, I have seen those. I'm also very slowly maxing my Reflex Guard so I can combine that, Reflection, and Retribution into a hilariously stupid gimmick build.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Tarq posted:

As a new player, are there any primary weapons that are easier to obtain than others? I'm really wanting to get rid of the noobie gun.

Something like Grakata/Karak < Boltor < Tetra, with the caveat that Boltor and Tetra aren't hitscan.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Carecat posted:

Something like Grakata/Karak < Boltor < Tetra, with the caveat that Boltor and Tetra aren't hitscan.

Also the Karak will totally spoil you until you can get the Soma, so save it for later.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
The Grakata is good fun for the early/mid game.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Can someone throw me a PS4 clan invite? FusionGod here!

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Yeah, I'm leveling the Afuris right now and they are for sure one of the worst secondaries in the game, luckily after them I'm done with all of the bad secondaries.

I also just finished building my zephyr, and tailwind is fun as heck if you slot a ton of power duration, I'll probably end up slotting narrow minded just so I can use fleeting expertise without feeling bad. It does feel like the super jump part of it should make the charge free if you use it right after, because having both parts cost energy is pretty lame and most people will probably just end up jumping regularly so they don't have to do it. I've been wondering it since I saw what her polarities were on the wiki, but why does DE put defensive polarities on aura slots, none of the mods are worth slotting for anything besides the mod power. I mean, some time down the road, sure, maybe there will be defensive polarity auras that aren't hot garbage, but by then anyone who would have cared will have already forma'd it into a tactical slot.

I guess DE really gets my goat with the polarities they put on things (or fail to put on things in the case of most weapons) most of the time. I get that it's a free-to-play model, but when it's polarities that you need it's really just a grind, and there's no way to even throw money at the game to get it done more easily.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fuzz posted:

Also the Karak will totally spoil you until you can get the Soma, so save it for later.

I loving love my Karak. The ROF is at the point where it can spit out a ton of lead, but also lets you really easily do double taps for that true operator feel.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The Twin Gremlins don't dump their magazines as fast as the Afuris, and Twin Vipers empty their mags too quickly. The Afuris is an excellent last-ditch melt-this-dude-now weapon. Niche as hell, but hey!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Add Spectra to the list of "don't buy." It is actually a terrible laser pointer, not a gun.

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

Can someone throw me a PC invite? FightShooter

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sleeptalker posted:

It might be fun with Whirlwind but I still haven't found that mod.

It's pretty fun but honestly I'm not using it. It would be somewhat better to use Quick Return with Whirlwind (and Power Throw) so that you toss the thing out, it goes through a bunch of dudes, and comes right back to you.

I actually don't have either Quick Return or Rebound on my Glaive Prime because I was down to the last of the slots after I put all the charge damage and charge speed mods on and so I chose Fury because I demand maximum coptering ability from my melee :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Fuzz posted:

True, but you could get Vipers or Gremlins and do the same thing, with slightly better ammo usage, and actually probably more damage. So yeah, they're pointless.

Actually the vipers and gremlins both have less dps. Vipers are ~10k, and the Gremlins are sitting at ~8k. edit: unless you meant the event-only vipers, which are just a smidge under 17k.

Akbolto, on the other hand, have ~18k. Yes, that much more than the Soma.

Then there's Brakk at 30k. It's kinda insane.

AndroidHub posted:

Yeah, I'm leveling the Afuris right now and they are for sure one of the worst secondaries in the game, luckily after them I'm done with all of the bad secondaries.

There are startlingly few guns that are any good without a potato and under-leveled.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 16, 2014