Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost
Special is a pretty good take on average schmoe decides to be a crime fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Rhyno posted:

How do you suck a dick by mistake?

You're telling me that you have never sucked a dick on accident?

Hey mods can we ban this guy for lying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Rob posted:

You're telling me that you have never sucked a dick on accident?

Hey mods can we ban this guy for lying.

I didn't say nothin' about on accident. By mistake it's implied that the wrong dick was sucked. I just don't see how that happens.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
They unknowingly smoke the magical sex pot that makes you horny, they gently caress all the food in the refrigerator (this actually happens), then one guy blows the other guy because they are all horned up on the sex pot

A CRUNK BIRD fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 14, 2014

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Then like 2 seconds later they resume their quest for pussy. Seriously see this movie

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Oh man I've watched a couple episodes of the Klown TV show and it's absolutely hilarious. Looks like there are a lot of seasons available to binge on too. http://www.hulu.com/klown

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Monkeyseesaw posted:

Special is a pretty good take on average schmoe decides to be a crime fighter.

Netflix has had two other films of a similar name/nature in the past. Not sure if they're still up.

Special: Stars Michael Rapaport as a guy who starts taking a new medication that gives him superpowers. I thought it was 'okay' it when I first saw it, it had some ideas that came off pretty good that made me want to rewatch it a second time to reexamine a few things but I never did.

The Specials: It's not great, but I have such a soft spot for this movie because for all it's wackiness it's sort of sweet. An Office/Real World meets the Justice League comedy. It also was I think written and/or directed by the director of the upcoming Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy and has a surprisingly large number of recognizable faces in it. Almost zero heroics going on and just really about the bitter, petty, unhappy members of an extremely C-list superhero team.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
House of Cards Season 2 just went up. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It's not on netflix anymore but I recommend Sex Pot to everyone. It's an extremely weird movie, basically like what would happen if an alien with no real comprehension of human interaction or culture watched a stoner teen comedy and decided to try and make one himself. In this movie the main character accidentally fucks his sister but gets over it in a matter of seconds. The same thing happens when he sucks his best friend's dick by mistake. It is a great movie

Not to mention that the main character is probably the gayest person on earth.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I watched The Act Of Killing, holy poo poo. What a highly disturbing film. I had a seriously lucid dream about aliens on mars that night, which may or may not be connected to said documentary.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

JediTalentAgent posted:

Netflix has had two other films of a similar name/nature in the past. Not sure if they're still up.

Special: Stars Michael Rapaport as a guy who starts taking a new medication that gives him superpowers. I thought it was 'okay' it when I first saw it, it had some ideas that came off pretty good that made me want to rewatch it a second time to reexamine a few things but I never did.

This is the one I saw.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Monkeyseesaw posted:

This is the one I saw.

I watched it yesterday, and enjoyed it.

osietra posted:

I watched The Act Of Killing, holy poo poo. What a highly disturbing film. I had a seriously lucid dream about aliens on mars that night, which may or may not be connected to said documentary.

I saw this a few weeks/months ago on Sky in the UK. I dunno what aliens on mars have to do with anything, but everyone should watch this film. It features men who were what were known as 'gangsters' (basically small time hoods) in Indonesia, who became part of, or ended up running, death squads, during the killings of 1965. They are not pleasant men.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I've been watching the BBC Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch lately. It really is quite good and I would recommend it to everyone. Andrew Scott plays a really great Moriarty.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
House of Cards Season 2 Episode 1:OMG THEY KILLED ZOE. WHAT.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Maybe I'm a bad person I found that scene hilarious.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I found the end of the second episode funny, "I'd like to order one vice president phone record hack please."

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Same, I laughed pretty hard there.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I really don't like House Of Cards because it has a bunch of antagonists that get away with pretty much every goddamn thing.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

osietra posted:

I watched this back to back with Blackfish. Needless to say, not a fun night.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pingiivi posted:

I really don't like House Of Cards because it has a bunch of antagonists that get away with pretty much every goddamn thing.

The real thing is that every character outside of like three has no volition. They just wait around to be manipulated by the main characters.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gave into the hype and started watching it. Is it just me or does Kate Mara look like she's 16.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Pingiivi posted:

Sounds pretty accurate, politicians am I right folks? :smuggo:

Yeah the ending of episode 1 of the new season was some :tviv: television indeed. Also "Did you think I'd forgotten you?", yay 4th wall breaking Spacey is back. I genuinely love those moments.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
This cyber security subplot on House of Cards is loving stupid. The rest is pretty enjoyable.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Tennis Ball posted:

This cyber security subplot on House of Cards is loving stupid. The rest is pretty enjoyable.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on these forums, it's that goons hate every depiction of computer stuff in every work of fiction ever.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"Let me tell you how the deep web actually works..."
:goonsay:

I watched Zodiac last night and it was very good. Are there any more crime drama/police investigation movies that are really worth checking out?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Pycckuu posted:

Are there any more crime drama/police investigation movies that are really worth checking out?

The Fall, with Gillian Anderson, is one of the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Also, the original Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren. Haven't seen all the seasons so I can't vouch for the later ones, but the first one is some of the best TV you'll see. I liked at least seasons 1-3.

Edit: these are TV shows, but watch them.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
The final season of Burn Notice is up. Really fun show with goofy tips for wannabe spies like myself. The cast is fantastic and they have really great chemistry.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

If there's one thing I've learned in my time on these forums, it's that goons hate every depiction of computer stuff in every work of fiction ever.

Hah thats true but that plot line really is silly so far (I'm not too far into the show), and I know very little about computer stuff. Its mostly the way they handle it where there's even this weirdly out of place music during those scenes that makes it feel like its from a totally different show and Liam McPoyle's acting.

donJonSwan
Dec 6, 2004
Scum Pirate

Zwabu posted:

Also, the original Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren. Haven't seen all the seasons so I can't vouch for the later ones, but the first one is some of the best TV you'll see. I liked at least seasons 1-3.

These are better suggestions, but The Following is another popcorn TV choice. Not really close to the quality of Zodiac but good fun regardless.

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I actually don't mind this sort of stuff. I've been digging the poo poo out of Helix on SciFi which is really complete poo poo.

The whole tone of the subplot is really goofy though. Its off. Seems like a parody.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zwabu posted:

I've seen The Fall a while ago and I can't wait for the second season. I'll check out Prime Suspect for sure.

I honestly wish they made more detective/buddy cop movies and shows that didn't suck. There were a bunch in the 80s and 90s but they didn't age well at all.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

Top of the Lake is pretty good too, it's about an investigation surrounding a pregnant 12 year-old in New Zealand starring Peggy from Mad Men.

Also the Goon hivemind loving hates The Killing because it dragged its initial murder mystery out over two seasons but season 3 is almost completely self-contained and also cool and depressing as hell.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Top of the Lake is pretty good too, it's about an investigation surrounding a pregnant 12 year-old in New Zealand starring Peggy from Mad Men.

Also the Goon hivemind loving hates The Killing because it dragged its initial murder mystery out over two seasons but season 3 is almost completely self-contained and also cool and depressing as hell.

And if you like any of this style of noir crime drama, you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch the original Swedish The Killing, which really is the progenitor for all of this (I'm pretty sure all 3 seasons up on UK netflix), and the original Danish/Sweedish The Bridge, which is also sublime.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I probably shouldn't have enjoyed Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters as much as I did.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Yaws posted:

I probably shouldn't have enjoyed Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters as much as I did.

my favorite part is that it's a plot point that Hansel has diabetes from witch candy and needs to take ye olde insulin injections to live. seems like it should be the punchline to a joke in The Far Side, but nope.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Get a bunch of friends together and get hammered while watching Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. It is a drat blast if you don't really pay it any real attention.

I just started Attack on Titan. Wow. I haven't watched any anime in years, and boy was this an excellent place to start. The titans are terrifying and the show does an outstanding job of creating an oppressive atmosphere. If you have trouble suspending your disbelief, or you're one of those people who just dismiss anime because anime :jerkbag:, then you probably won't enjoy this very much. But I would urge you to give it one or two episodes because I am completely hooked.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Disney version of Robin Hood was really disappointing, the only good parts were the Whistle Stop intro, the folk song in the beginning, and then not much else.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

JebanyPedal posted:

The Disney version of Robin Hood was really disappointing, the only good parts were the Whistle Stop intro, the folk song in the beginning, and then not much else.

I watched this a couple of nights ago; and, yeah, it hasn't aged well.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

JebanyPedal posted:

It's fun watching it and trying to figure out what other Disney movies they traced over for different scenes! Make a drinking game out of it. :v:

I rewatched Sword and the Stone a few weeks ago and I didn't care for it as much as I remembered. Aside from the absolutely spectacular wizard duel, I really couldn not care less about basically anything else in the movie. Not Wart, or any supporting character, nor the horny girl squirrel, or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

JebanyPedal posted:

I watched this movie like once a week when I was 3 or 4 and I'm afraid to watch it again and pull away the nostalgia veil :ohdear:

• Locked thread