Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
God that Invisible Woman / Punisher / Maggia Don fight in the simulator is such bullshit. I've got a level 40 im35, level 38 Thor, and a level 30 Capt. America who gets a boost in the fight. I know the villains are level 60 or so, but I can take down IW and punisher without much problem. The Don just generates so much AP, it's unfair. That's one thing I wish the other villains did - let them only generate AP for tiles they've destroyed. They can even keep countdown tiles. I'm sure I'm not seeing some great strategic aspect of the game when played this way, but it's pretty effing frustrating to see 8 AP gathered on a turn with no tiles moved.

In short, I'm a whiny bitch who should be using better characters in a more balanced fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kameh posted:

God that Invisible Woman / Punisher / Maggia Don fight in the simulator is such bullshit. I've got a level 40 im35, level 38 Thor, and a level 30 Capt. America who gets a boost in the fight. I know the villains are level 60 or so, but I can take down IW and punisher without much problem. The Don just generates so much AP, it's unfair. That's one thing I wish the other villains did - let them only generate AP for tiles they've destroyed. They can even keep countdown tiles. I'm sure I'm not seeing some great strategic aspect of the game when played this way, but it's pretty effing frustrating to see 8 AP gathered on a turn with no tiles moved.

In short, I'm a whiny bitch who should be using better characters in a more balanced fight.

Nah, that fight is complete unfair bullshit and the only way to beat it is to bring your own bullshit to the table.

I can do it because Boosted Daken is broken as hell.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The key to that fight is to do it in the first 12 hours of the event before the levels are pushed stupidly high for no good reason.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If Invisible Woman turns invisible and is in the second slot, you cant scroll past her to target anyone behind her! In effect she's shielding two people!

Oh god if she's the last one standing AND invisible AND the invisibility tile is in a horrible spot, you'll be doing nothing to her til you can get rid of that tile! Fuuuuuuugh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Largepotato posted:

The key to that fight is to do it in the first 12 hours of the event before the levels are pushed stupidly high for no good reason.

Yeah I started the hard event basically as soon as it came up this time and I am still in 47th place without having touched it since the initial clear. I really want to get that Psylocke cover this time because not getting a Patch during the Hulk event basically put me on the sideline for events for several weeks. It really begins to snowball. Never getting an IW when she debuted has also been bad for placing in PVE stuff.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

SynthOrange posted:

If Invisible Woman turns invisible and is in the second slot, you cant scroll past her to target anyone behind her! In effect she's shielding two people!

Oh god if she's the last one standing AND invisible AND the invisibility tile is in a horrible spot, you'll be doing nothing to her til you can get rid of that tile! Fuuuuuuugh

Area damage still hits her. I've been using Thor's green and Storm's blue powers to nuke her when invisible.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I like how this PVP event is rewarding Wolverine covers. his strike tiles suck in that it's only 10 damage each but whatever. I just wish it were Ares covers because he's far more useful to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've been getting pretty good points out of feeding IW, the Punisher and some mob boss to Venom. :getin: And with two different coloured stuns, no one gets to move at all.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I've been getting pretty good points out of feeding IW, the Punisher and some mob boss to Venom. :getin: And with two different coloured stuns, no one gets to move at all.

It will get funbalanced before I can manage 7 covers for both spiders.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Venom's already been funbalanced so that you cant eat the whole enemy team at once. :smith:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Patch notes: Added new Hero: Squirrel Girl.

A noncombat hero that occasionally beats level 150+ missions when you aren't looking. You get full rewards for the fight. Odds of this happening increase per Squirrel Girl cover.

Make it happen, Demiurge.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Veryslightlymad posted:

A noncombat hero that occasionally beats level 150+ missions when you aren't looking. You get full rewards for the fight. Odds of this happening increase per Squirrel Girl cover.

She gets an auto-win against Doom, but not the Doom-bots.

Anyways. I haven't touched the hard event since I managed to get first during the first 2 hours after it opened. I am in 23th right now, that poo poo is obviously too hard.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Venom's already been funbalanced so that you cant eat the whole enemy team at once. :smith:

Soon he's gonna only be able to eat half an enemy, then get indigestion.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Veryslightlymad posted:

If that's true then that's real cool. im not much of a superhero fan but I think she's cool in the fact that over so many years, nobody has been able to defeat some of the major supervillains except for some girl with rodents.

My chances of getting lots of covers for her? 0%. Maybe I'l get one or two covers and then never again. another hero that will never be maxed by me.

E:poo poo I didn't mean to double post.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I made it up. It is a joke. It would potentially give you a way to beat the super missions, but like anything else the game creates, it really would only benefit the already powerful.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

ehehe I have a level 77 Doom this is gonna make this round of the simulation pretty cool!!!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
My Doom is only 2/0. :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nice to see that they're still accidentally giving out Standard 1 star tokens for Hard Mode top 50 and above.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

I didn't get any rewards for Hard Mode, so that's better than what I got...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope the super-boosted villain for the last block is the Hood, 'cause I don't have a Ragnarok.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I got no rewards despite being #14. I hope this is just a small delay

Also whoever said to do the big ISO mission early was right I got level 40 dudes in the new one and smashed them

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mine are still in the 100s for some reason, even right when the new sub-event begins. Still at 15th place, though, so I think I can get 2 Psylocke covers and get the rest from Tournaments.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Devil Dinosaur in Hard mode has Bag Man for company. :v:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Hulk Thor and oasis on that first doom stage is kinda bullshit. Also how hosed am I if I tried to cheat the device clock for lives and got locked out?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
drat villains. I don't have a Doctor Doom either.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Hulk Thor and oasis on that first doom stage is kinda bullshit. Also how hosed am I if I tried to cheat the device clock for lives and got locked out?

Kinda? It's TOTAL BULLSHIT.

Three tanks that will destroy you with green, in a place that produces green, with passives and actives that produce even more green is really fun to fight.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I have that Ares/Hulk/Thor desert stage (Simulation 08) all at lv.230 and I found the most cheese-able way to do with while taking minimal damage is to use a team of Modern Storm/Grey Suit BW/Doom.

M.Storm will clear the environment tiles and generate green, which leads to her green ability to clear the board and gather AP. GSBW's purple will match up green and nuke the board with crit tiles. And when there's too many black and blue on the board, use Doom's Technopathic Strike to wipe the board again. The AI got maybe 5 turns at the start, then once the ball got rolling I killed all 3 of them (total ~43k health) without letting up a single turn.

I'm also thinking a team of Doom/Spidey/Punisher might work too. Spidey stunlocks, Doom's demons thump everyone to death, and Punisher's red finishes off the big overinflated health. Of course you need all the covers and a decently high level so this is easier said then done...

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I think I'm getting close to calling it with MPQ. I find myself playing it less and less. Now I'll basically jump on once a day to play a fight or two, get my daily reward and then turn it off. I think onoe of the final straws for me was waking up on the weekend, checking out the 'easy' simulator and seeing the IW/Punisher/Don at level 82 when my highest level hero is Thor at 52. I tried that fight, but with Don pumping blue and black into IW/Punisher, I have zero shot at beating it.

I can't do the bonus fights as I don't have the right villains, and so that leaves me out of contention.

At first it was really fun getting new covers and training heroes and actually being able to place in the top 150 of tournaments, but now that fun is pretty much gone.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

PotatoManJack posted:

I think I'm getting close to calling it with MPQ. I find myself playing it less and less. Now I'll basically jump on once a day to play a fight or two, get my daily reward and then turn it off. I think onoe of the final straws for me was waking up on the weekend, checking out the 'easy' simulator and seeing the IW/Punisher/Don at level 82 when my highest level hero is Thor at 52. I tried that fight, but with Don pumping blue and black into IW/Punisher, I have zero shot at beating it.

I can't do the bonus fights as I don't have the right villains, and so that leaves me out of contention.

At first it was really fun getting new covers and training heroes and actually being able to place in the top 150 of tournaments, but now that fun is pretty much gone.

If you can, use the boosted heroes.

In other news, Team Defense, aka Team Butthole (Ares, Bullseye and Daken) is turning out to wreck poo poo in the villains tournament on defense. But god that's a boring team to take on offense.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

Still haven't received my Highly Trained tokens. This is even after an email on Friday and their assurances they would reissue it that day.

I don't know. My account was also the weird one where I wasn't receiving daily rewards for about three weeks (they did fix this pretty quickly after I brought it to their attention but of course, no retroactive rewards).

Pro job guys.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you're going to cheat the device clock for more lives you better make sure you turn the game off and not play until however much time you set it ahead has elapsed when you set it back to normal time.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Finally get around to doing "Easy" mode and the X-Wolv, Pyro, DD fight was already level 161. :suicide:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The key there is to burn DD as fast as possible. X-Wolv is below poo poo-tier and even at 230 his (non-HP) stats are only slightly better than an 85 A-Wolv except his strike tiles add poo poo-nothing damage and his heal is a 5-turn countdown. The Pyro is only an issue if Wolverine suddenly realises that as impressive as his X-Force looks it takes up 1.5 Flamethrower tiles dealing multiple-thousands of damage to place strike tiles worth 1 of boosted Daken's/A-Wolv's: and that's at level 230.

Also: thank you thread for the recommendation of Daken - having a good strike character I completely forgot I even had has made these fights much easier.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
My IM35 is currently 4/5/4 because I forgot you can only have 13 powers, not 14, and I was still waiting on a red cover. I beat a Dark Avengers mission and finally got the red cover I want, but I bet the respec won't be implemented until after my cover has expired.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Kameh posted:

My IM35 is currently 4/5/4 because I forgot you can only have 13 powers, not 14, and I was still waiting on a red cover. I beat a Dark Avengers mission and finally got the red cover I want, but I bet the respec won't be implemented until after my cover has expired.

Don't worry too much, you will get dozens more as the weeks go by.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Finally got a Patch from the Simulation. I think I can at least participate in any special challenge requiring a 3* or greater character now except X-Force.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

The key there is to burn DD as fast as possible. X-Wolv is below poo poo-tier and even at 230 his (non-HP) stats are only slightly better than an 85 A-Wolv except his strike tiles add poo poo-nothing damage and his heal is a 5-turn countdown. The Pyro is only an issue if Wolverine suddenly realises that as impressive as his X-Force looks it takes up 1.5 Flamethrower tiles dealing multiple-thousands of damage to place strike tiles worth 1 of boosted Daken's/A-Wolv's: and that's at level 230.

Also: thank you thread for the recommendation of Daken - having a good strike character I completely forgot I even had has made these fights much easier.

If you have some way to clear the field (storm, and Daken deactivates red traps with his tiles) then DD is also a joke so I concentrate on the Pyro first, as he is way more competent than both superheroes.

In any case, try to deny red to them as that's the only way they have to deal any real damage to you.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

trucutru posted:

If you have some way to clear the field (storm, and Daken deactivates red traps with his tiles) then DD is also a joke so I concentrate on the Pyro first, as he is way more competent than both superheroes.

In any case, try to deny red to them as that's the only way they have to deal any real damage to you.

If you can, have Cap on your team. Makes it a piece of cake.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
M. Storm is basically the hardest counter to DD. His purple trap is always on an environment tile so that is instantly negated by her red. The other two can be disarmed by either her green or black, since it will be disarmed if its destroyed or becomes a special tile of any sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Poor Daredevil. Bad in both Marvel Heroes and MPQ.