Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
So I have been ignoring 9CL during this whole whatever the gently caress nazis arc it's been doing but if he's supposed to be bleeding then I don't even know. It looks like he was covered in kisses in a cartoon or has a horrible rash or something. That or he ate ALL the pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac looks through the past without rose colored glasses.

Someone's picking up Emmy Lou right?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Good Listener posted:

So I have been ignoring 9CL during this whole whatever the gently caress nazis arc it's been doing but if he's supposed to be bleeding then I don't even know. It looks like he was covered in kisses in a cartoon or has a horrible rash or something. That or he ate ALL the pie.
He got grazed in each cheek by bullets, then the lady kissed him a lot so people would know he got kissed when he was found I guess? I'm not sure why, I try to ignore it too but with limited success.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

A Caricature of Motherhood

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

I buy all my comics from the nWo.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Some Noodles

January 1, 2006

2006 was a year of the Dog (actually began at the end of January). The statue is Hachikō.

January 8, 2006

It's good to start the year off virtuously. Nengajo are New Year's cards. Makes as much sense as Christmas or Hanukkah cards, which I never get done in time anyway. From now on I think I'll send Nengajo.

January 15, 2006

Universal meh joke about OTT snow things. Cat on roof.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SubNat posted:

Poor, Poor Mymble

This may be the best Moomin strip ever.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones' "Drawn Out Dramas"
Another collection of his margin cartoons. Frmo late 1980s-early 1990s. Click to enlarge.

Don Martin Dept.

Thorn (March 26-28, 1984)

And we're finally back to the story.

Lucky Cow (May 20-23, 2004)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Maxwell Lord posted:

This may be the best Moomin strip ever.

My came in like a
  ~wrecking ball~

We have conquered
     Mrs. Fillyjonks'
      silly children!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Zereth posted:

He got grazed in each cheek by bullets, then the lady kissed him a lot so people would know he got kissed when he was found I guess? I'm not sure why, I try to ignore it too but with limited success.

She kissed him so everybody would know it was a French woman who captured him. Everybody knows how those French women are.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

gently caress you, colorist, the BU pennant should be scarlet. [I think the only one they got remotely right was Dartmouth]

SubNat posted:

The graffiti signature :3

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Do Mrs. Fillyjonk's children get hosed over everytime they show up, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

$150 was a shitton of money back then.

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Do Mrs. Fillyjonk's children get hosed over everytime they show up, or is my memory playing tricks on me?

They are pretty much Rod and Todd Flanders.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

And this is why this thread is gold.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

I really hope that after going to the trouble of crafting and stamping that figure, the Phantom is just hiding behind the door.

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Endtown: "It's the End of Civilization as we know it. A mutagenic plague followed by a global war fought with disintegration weaponry has left much of the Earth a desert of fine powder and what remains of humanity fragmented into humans, animal-like mutants and bloodthirsty monstrosities with lots of teeth. The surface, still teeming with the mutagenic virus, has become the domain of the dreaded Topsiders; well-organized, technologically advanced, and heavily armed un-mutated humans sworn to exterminate mutations of any kind in order to clear the way for the eventual resurgence of a new, genetically clean humanity. Faced with annihilation, mutants and "impure" humans have retreated into the depths of the planet to form communities and hope to win, or at least survive, what may prove to be mankind's final war. Endtown is the continuing story of one of those communities."

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Darthemed posted:

Endtown: "It's the End of Civilization as we know it. A mutagenic plague followed by a global war fought with disintegration weaponry has left much of the Earth a desert of fine powder and what remains of humanity fragmented into humans, animal-like mutants and bloodthirsty monstrosities with lots of teeth. The surface, still teeming with the mutagenic virus, has become the domain of the dreaded Topsiders; well-organized, technologically advanced, and heavily armed un-mutated humans sworn to exterminate mutations of any kind in order to clear the way for the eventual resurgence of a new, genetically clean humanity. Faced with annihilation, mutants and "impure" humans have retreated into the depths of the planet to form communities and hope to win, or at least survive, what may prove to be mankind's final war. Endtown is the continuing story of one of those communities."

Aka Fursecution: The webcomic.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Maybe they just like After the Bomb. The wiki page doesn't mention it, but yes, there's a faction of genetically pure and heavily armed humans bent on exterminating the muties. Like all Palladium games, After the Bomb is full of crazy.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SubNat posted:

Thank you very much for all the Moomin comics by the way. This story line with all these Mymble siblings runnin around have just been great :3:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I said something here so I wasn't just emptyquoting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I've read it and yeah it goes into that, but I respect the guy's ability to draw well and release stuff on a weekly basis. There are regular humans who are neither "Topsiders" who are immune to the effects of the mutating virus. Speaking of which some of the best stuff are the mutated humans that don't turn into cute furries, but horrible Croenbergs.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

Wow, the Phantom really doesn't half-arse things, does he?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I've read it and yeah it goes into that, but I respect the guy's ability to draw well and release stuff on a weekly basis. There are regular humans who are neither "Topsiders" who are immune to the effects of the mutating virus. Speaking of which some of the best stuff are the mutated humans that don't turn into cute furries, but horrible Croenbergs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbVZOo2zp0
Man I wish we didnt cronenberg everything

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!
Comics (January 30th 2007)

Poor F-Minus. Even in syndication it still has those weird printing errors while the others are clean.

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

Starting today, all Eyebeam comics can be confidently dated to 1983. Watch out for the Reagan jokes- they'll be here any minute now.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

This is Thursday's comic, which I did today because holidays are better than regular days.

Asaekkiga (Part 1)

It's comforting knowing there's people out there who genuinely have no idea what the joke here is supposed to be.

Asaekkiga (Part 2)

I'm not positive I translated this right.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

God, I love Moomin

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Maybe they just like After the Bomb. The wiki page doesn't mention it, but yes, there's a faction of genetically pure and heavily armed humans bent on exterminating the muties. Like all Palladium games, After the Bomb is full of crazy.

Labyrinthine ruleset, amazing art.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Dude you can figure that out from the programming. You don't even have to wait for the commercials.

Retail

You can certainly learn a lot about people from their one-word answers. Also, he put a name badge on in panel 2 for some reason.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Only dorks call them graphic novels. Dork.

Dustin

This is a variant of a joke from one week ago. Actually, pretty much all making GBS threads on Dustin strips are variants of the same joke.

On the Fastrack

You could've just used sign language or written it on a piece of paper but charades are good too I guess.

Safe Havens

Don't keep laptops around huge 1000 gallon tanks of water.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 17, 2014

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Only dorks call them graphic novels. Dork.

Someone please Red and Rover this for me, because wtf.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

bonestructure posted:

I had to think about it for a second, but I think it's, "The kid is dumb, no one would expect him to go to a library."

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
It's incisive commentary on the sheltered nature of today's youth and their ignorance of the outside world.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bonestructure posted:

Skip is normally a child that plays outdoors and couldn't give a gently caress about books, and Post Offices are mysterious relics of a bygone era that only archaeologists or urban designers are interested in.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Liberal Art Laffs

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

The thief stole counterfeit money from the criminal. He was arrested after he tried to spend it.

Slylock Fox

If Weirdly was a real super evil genius he'd remote into that poo poo and delete the evidence without Slylock knowing the better. And put malware on Slylock's computer while he's at it. Unless this is all just a wild goose chase to distract Slylock from the demonic pterosaur-bat creature on the loose.

Moose and Molly

Check out the dog in panel three. Guy is just resigned to being randomly harassed by ducks. He doesn't even have the will to fight back.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nothing against Slylock Fox as a strip, but if there's an image of a mad scientist on a customized bike having a race against a fox with a jetpack, dodging crocodiles, bats and snakes, I kind of expect a more exciting backstory.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

I'm not positive I translated this right.

Okay, the comic was good, but that line made me lose it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A new challenge? It's the same job he already has just in a different location.

This last panel works equally well for around half of all Safe Havens strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

This is a variant of a joke from one week ago. Actually, pretty much all making GBS threads on Dustin strips are variants of the same joke.

Just stop joking around Ed, tell us how you really feel.

• Locked thread