Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So how long do you think it'll take before someone models the ToQger trains to be used in Steam's Train Simulator 2014?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

So how long do you think it'll take before someone models the ToQger trains to be used in Steam's Train Simulator 2014?

It hasn't been done already?

One minor complaint that I have is that, as of right now, it basically looks like the cast of Gokaiger except Gai is 1/Red instead of Marvelous and Blue and Green are switched with Blue getting the added quality of Smart Guy and Pink getting her own special character gimmick.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

One minor complaint that I have is that, as of right now, it basically looks like the cast of Gokaiger except Gai is 1/Red instead of Marvelous and Blue and Green are switched with Blue getting the added quality of Smart Guy and Pink getting her own special character gimmick.

So... It's a sentai team with a bunch of archetypes in it?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

1st Stage Midboss posted:

So... It's a sentai team with a bunch of archetypes in it?

No...Gokaiger was the first sentai EVER to do those character tropes and not just another sentai!

Also Blue is goofy but he's not Don. Don literally flailed about in battle ToQ2 plays too much CoD and CS and thinks he can super plan and military dodge everything. That's two separate jokes there, man.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ToQ Blue seems specifically designed to appeal a certain type of viewer, and I love it. He's absolutely adorable. (Green x Blue looks promising!)

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I'm really hoping blue is a trainspotting nerd (Opening sequence looks like he's looking at a time table, so possibly!).

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Someone at Saban is a TV-N fan, apparently. Check the :51 mark.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wow, that's incredible. I would say I can't believe it but I doubt any one actually gave that a pass for quality control...

Are they really not acknowledging any aspect of the pirate theme?

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I usually can't get into Sentai, but I think I kinda loving love ToQger already. Best Sentai mecha design in a long time, a finishing move that is literally anything, and ToQ5 owns so hard.

I think most people got a bad impression of the mecha just from the toy scans. It's like a Live Boxer for a new generation : Looks great in the show, looks not so good as a toy.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Xelkelvos posted:

So someone calling themselves the "[Imagination Station]" released ToQger.

So the color switching seems to mostly be Right loving around which sprouts one of the team's combat gimmicks. It's like an in-team Gokai Change.

Pink going "I think I can, I think I can" (good translation choice) and turning into SuperKagura is adorable.

The translation has the Ticket the team "may as well be dead" which means there really is a grim undertone to the whole rainbow trains series.

The design for the villains is fantastic. A cohesive theme, an interesting cast in and of themselves. I want to see what they can all do.

After Kyoryuger's ED cavalcade of children dancing, the new ED gimmick is essentially this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_I0EGhcB4

One question: What is TJG supposed to stand for?

Man I'm so glad somebody banged this out. And I really hope he hooks up with OT because like you said, that choice for Pink's line was a great idea. I was grinning like an idiot the same way when I first got into Kyoryuger, so I'm on board the hype train. I think I missed TJG. Are you sure its not how they have the T overlapping the Q?

How often are figures made of villains? I'd love to get at least a Crow.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hope it turns out that the bad guys exist only in children's imagination, and the ToQgers are all in a coma and imagining their adventures, and the whole thing is basically Akibarangers.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I actually got to handle the "Legendary Megazord" when I popped by a TRU the other day. It's bad y'all. Real bad. The keys are so tiny too. I thought about grabbing a few just to display with my megazords before I saw how small they were. It's just a nearly all around sad time for PR toys. Legacy stuff is still great though.

e: GAZE UPON ME AND DESPAIR

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 17, 2014

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So instead of making the car an add-on like the original, he's a full fledged zord? It's both an up and a downgrade at the same time

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

So instead of making the car an add-on like the original, he's a full fledged zord? It's both an up and a downgrade at the same time

A full fledged zord form that will never appear in the show, no less.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Guys, I finally found a reasonably priced Gokai Blue figure ($20 new) and the website had Ranger Key Series 4 for less than $5. I'm worried that I'm going to try and collect all the ranger keys now. I still haven't seen any of the Super Megaforce keys in stores yet

SpazmasterX posted:

A full fledged zord form that will never appear in the show, no less.
That's nothing new to Saban. They've been doing that with toys since the original Mighty Morphin

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

Guys, I finally found a reasonably priced Gokai Blue figure ($20 new) and the website had Ranger Key Series 4 for less than $5. I'm worried that I'm going to try and collect all the ranger keys now. I still haven't seen any of the Super Megaforce keys in stores yet

The super megaforce keys are in stores here and they are absolutely miniscule compared to proper ranger keys. Give them a pass for sure.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Watched the first episode of ToQger, the amount of train imagery is hilarious. A bullet train shooting "rail" gun, entering the mech by going through a toll with a pass :laffo:

I hope that ToQger's color switching mechanic spawns an episode where the wrong ranger gets kidnapped because the villains asked for "X color" ranger :allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

the tv-n dickriders in the comments are pissing me off

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Little off topic but I figured someone here might appreciate this: Shotaro and Philip: Rescue Rangers. I wish I was able to do it properly

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Race Realists posted:

the tv-n dickriders in the comments are pissing me off

quote:

Over-Time is okay but the reason I love Nihon is cause they put a lot more effort in subbing them.

Holy poo poo I've never seen an opinion so wrong before. I can barely breathe right now. :laffo:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

Holy poo poo I've never seen an opinion so wrong before. I can barely breathe right now. :laffo:

What's so funny? Translation and localization are for chumps, karaoke and flashy animated subs are effort.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God dammit, Kouta.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

God dammit, Kouta.

Do you have one of the Kyoryu to ToQ handoff? That was hilarious.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Do you have one of the Kyoryu to ToQ handoff? That was hilarious.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

This is the best :swoon:

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

God dammit, Kouta.

Kouta just wants to be a super hero and not have to deal with absolute despair.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kouta is a Red Ranger stuck in a Kamen Rider world.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

RBX posted:

Kouta is a Red Ranger stuck in a Kamen Rider world.

I think we just found the plot for Akiba 3.
"Kamen Sentai Akibarider". Fund it, Toei.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Man, even though TV-N is absolute poo poo when it comes to translations and quality and localization and...a whole lot of other things, I still actually like the specialized subs for henshins and whatever. I just wish they'd focus on translations so much more.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Serperoth posted:

I think we just found the plot for Akiba 3.
"Kamen Sentai Akibarider". Fund it, Toei.

Seriously though, I would love to see an Akibaranger-style show only for Kamen Rider. Lord knows there's plenty to make fun of in that franchise.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just caught up on Gaim, and I'm still LOVING Aesir's translation. I paused during the segments with the text messages at around 21:00-21:10, just to see if they had gotten anything sneaky in. I was not disappointed. :)

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Just caught up on Gaim, and I'm still LOVING Aesir's translation. I paused during the segments with the text messages at around 21:00-21:10, just to see if they had gotten anything sneaky in. I was not disappointed. :)

"Based Kouta" is one of those little lines that makes Aesir one of my favorites. It's just such a fun experience that TV-Nihon isn't able to produce. Little moments like that and not big ugly spinning compasses over the word HENSHIN.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Scratchman Apoo posted:

"Based Kouta" is one of those little lines that makes Aesir one of my favorites. It's just such a fun experience that TV-Nihon isn't able to produce. Little moments like that and not big ugly spinning compasses over the word HENSHIN.

Yeah that's the first one I caught. "popup are qts" gave me a small giggle, and seeing "Keep smiling yo", translated as "keep smiling everyone" was very nice to see, although for different reasons.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Serperoth posted:

Yeah that's the first one I caught. "popup are qts" gave me a small giggle, and seeing "Keep smiling yo", translated as "keep smiling everyone" was very nice to see, although for different reasons.

I didn't even notice that second one! I just recognized one likely related to it. It stings!

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What's so funny? Translation and localization are for chumps, karaoke and flashy animated subs are effort.

I was on the TV-Nihon forums a longass time ago (first mistake, right there) and someone on their team argued that leaving honorifics and untranslated stuff in took more effort to type so they're not lazy, you guys!

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I didn't even notice that second one! I just recognized one likely related to it. It stings!

There's also Very nice! FABULOUS!. This episode was just amazing all around. Looks like Kouta & friends will be getting the new Lock Vehicle next episode. We already have the Dandeliner, which can straight up fly, so I wonder what kind of special ability the Tuliphopper will have.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Show: Have a magical fun show about imagination and good

:smugmrgw: : I'm glad the puppet said they are dead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bing bong~ Over-Time subs for ToQger are entering the station, please be mindful of your arms and legs.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

And here I was about to go to sleep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Pinwiz11 posted: