Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

zgrowler2 posted:

Magic pubbies, you guys. They stayed in place and everything. It was great.
Cherish that moment. Cherish it.

Insert name here posted:

If I recall it tells you you can't join because the alert's over.
Correct. Once the timer's gone, there's no joining. DE got on top of that one pretty quickly. I still remember when Denzine idled a mission for a whole day to help someone get a Catalyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just used my Rhino, got it up to 8, slapped the skin and the charge, gave it a Drakgoon and a big gently caress off axe to compliment the package.

Holy.
loving.
poo poo.

I'm in love. :swoon:

Like I did the first defense mission, on the newbie zone to 15 and I didn't take a lick of damage till wave 10, then I just popped skin again, rhino charge just obliterated the big groups(and its cool to use to get around as well.)

The shotgun I can snipe with if I charge it and if I ever melee someone they explode in gibs thanks to the force of axe, its just awesome, can't wait to level it further.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
You guys whinning about Oxium farming - at least you had a loving chance to farm some before 12. Us on the PS4 will be starting from nothing since we won't get to get Oxium at all until we get the 12 update.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
PC people, our fabulous SPACE TOILET is in need of a few thousand polymers, please contribute. It's conveniently located in the trade room of the dojo. Please remember to flush after use. Thank you

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Androc posted:

e: Disregard that, it's actually Rebound which actively makes the modded weapon worse.
I dunno, a maxed Rebound with that Power Throw mod is pretty funny to toss into a small room. Gimmicky but it's fun to watch.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 17, 2014

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

I love akstilettos

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwwn4aFkJTU

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 17, 2014

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
I can't log in on PS4. Keeps timing out, is anyone else having this problem?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The Boar Prime really needs to be on the must-keep portion of that weapons list, because it's absolutely great. (Trying to decide how much Vicious Spread is optimal for it right now...)

And the Bronco Prime is at least worth the second list. With Wildfire bumping their magazine to 6 they're everything I want in a sidearm right now. (Really good at killing things that knocked me down, a plausible weapon to keep going with when the main runs out of ammo, and in no real danger of running out of ammo themselves under normal circumstances.)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Thranguy posted:

And the Bronco Prime is at least worth the second list. With Wildfire bumping their magazine to 6 they're everything I want in a sidearm right now. (Really good at killing things that knocked me down, a plausible weapon to keep going with when the main runs out of ammo, and in no real danger of running out of ammo themselves under normal circumstances.)
I'm pretty sure you mean Ice Storm, as Wildfire is a rifle mod (and would only bump the magazine to 5 anyway).

But yeah, the Bronco Prime is pretty solid.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The braton prime is my favorite gun, it's not the best but it's cool looking and I like it.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Sandweed posted:

The braton prime is my favorite gun, it's not the best but it's cool looking and I like it.
This is Warframe right here. I've spoken to a lot of people that whine about grinding or lack of direction. These people also never unequip their Somas. More people need to get back to stylin' on each other for fun.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

From the Community "Hot Topics" thread for February 14th.

quote:

Melee 2.0 Progress!

Geoff has been knee deep in Melee 2.0. I tracked him down and asked for a progress update:

Code still needs to do a pass on AI and their actions with the new melee system.

Animation currently is struggling to get the parry system to feel right; it needs to have actions without being too "flashy". Also finishing up transition attack animations that we’re testing out.

Movement set is complete.

The big concern right now is getting everything in and functioning so we have time for a polish pass. It’s getting tight in that regard.

:ohdear:

I'm really really anxious for the updated melee system so a potential delay would be pretty disappointing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sentient Toaster posted:

This is Warframe right here. I've spoken to a lot of people that whine about grinding or lack of direction. These people also never unequip their Somas. More people need to get back to stylin' on each other for fun.

I've basically never used a gun for longer than it takes to level it, personally. There is absolutely no reason at present for me to do this since I'm like rank 13 or something now, but there's no reason to play this game if you're not grinding out new guns. The main thing that causes burnout for me is leveling melee weapons or any time I have to level a bow. Also that time I formaed my Nekros and had to level it again. I don't understand how people could stand to forma Magic Find: The Frame 5 or 6 times.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Is the prime access inferno worth buying? I'll be starting tomorrow finally so was just checking if its worth getting starting out or if its not worth it.

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 17, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Phage is my current weapon because it lets me be a space ninja wizard ghostbuster.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Big Floppy posted:

Is the prime access inferno worth buying? I'll be starting tomorrow finally so was just checking if its worth getting starting out or if its not worth it.
It's a pretty hefty discount over buying plat normally, but that's a lot of money to spend when you haven't actually played the game yet.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Helter Skelter posted:

It's a pretty hefty discount over buying plat normally, but that's a lot of money to spend when you haven't actually played the game yet.

Ya, I been wanting to play since they started talking about the game and was about to get it when it released on PC. Unfortunately my pc decided to crap out on me so till now I have yet to try it. But was just wondering if the price is right for what you get. Once I get some time in I will see if I will stay long enough to buy or not. Thankfully its on PS4 so thats a lot cheaper than me building a new pc and its coming in tomorrow!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I wish gimmick builds were viable for high-level Survival. Barkleyframe needs more love.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

zgrowler2 posted:

I wish gimmick builds were viable for high-level Survival. Barkleyframe needs more love.

Everything is viable if you're actually decent at the game.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Big Floppy posted:

It's a pretty good deal. The 3/5 of the Prime items (Ember, Sicarus, and Glaive) can all be found in game (although they require some work and lucky RNG. Also, if these items are obtained through the Prime Pack they come with Potatoes installed and additional weapon/warframe slots, which is additional savings). The Prime Collector is pointless, and the Prime Scarf is only useful if you think it looks pretty.

The main "problem" I have with the Prime Packs is that the 150 tier gives you 90 day affinity and credit boosters. This is a problem only in the sense that IMO, you'd be finished everything before that booster ran out.

In the end, it's a decent deal but I really think you'd be burnt out or bored with the game before the 90 days ran out. If you're just looking for plat in the cheapest method, Prime is the way to go.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Did they change the guaranteed drop for Cronus from Vor? I didn't even know about it until I started digging around the wiki and realized I never got it. I went back and beat him a second time and no dice (not surprisingly).

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Shab posted:

Did they change the guaranteed drop for Cronus from Vor? I didn't even know about it until I started digging around the wiki and realized I never got it. I went back and beat him a second time and no dice (not surprisingly).

He can give out Seer parts instead.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Weapons You Must Keep
You might wanna add Brakk to that list eventhough it was an "event weapon".
That pistol has saved my shiny frame posterior countless times.

Passburger fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 17, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Fuzz posted:

Weapons Stuff

My only additions to the 'must have' list and I think some have already been mentioned:

• Latron Prime - It's really good after the most recent update
  • Paris Prime - Brings the Paris up to the level of the Dread, but with overwhelming puncture damage as opposed to slash damage.
  • Akbolots - Utterly amazing guns that you should get(tm)

Additions to the 'worthwhile to have around' list:

• Glaive - Either Prime or not it's good to have a melee weapon with range. Plus it's fun.

Other than those your list is spot on.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Male Man posted:

He can give out Seer parts instead.
I was running Vor for the scans a while back and found out that he apparently still drops the Cronus BP in a little orb. Brought me back to the good ol' days where BPs always dropped on the ground and you had to pick em up (as well as not being guaranteed).

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Ah, the good old days when you'd kill a boss, the BP orb would fall into a pit, and then (usually) get moved to a designated location. Meanwhile, somebody's already speedrunning to the exit, you're trying to find the drop, somebody's wailing that they think the Systems BP is bugged to never drop, and then somebody goes the wrong way and yells at everyone else.

The before times were chaos.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Ice Fist posted:

From the Community "Hot Topics" thread for February 14th.

The big concern right now is getting everything in and functioning so we have time for a polish pass. It’s getting tight in that regard.

DE you don't have a publisher breathing down your necks any more, you have time.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Denzine posted:

DE you don't have a publisher breathing down your necks any more, you have time.

This game feels like it'd be significantly improved if they just calmed their poo poo down a little bit and gave everything an extra two days on the test/polish pass.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

My only additions to the 'must have' list and I think some have already been mentioned:

• Latron Prime - It's really good after the most recent update

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime. And it's hitscan, super-accurate, and benefits from rifle amp. It is the new soma, except you can get it at rank 0 if you do tower survivals and it comes with two polarity slots. If you don't have one, you are missing out. It also is like the penta in that you will never run out of ammo.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
So I recently crafted a Paris Prime, and am wondering if I should bother keeping it and selling my Dread since I only really need one bow. How do they compare since the Dread buff?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime. And it's hitscan, super-accurate, and benefits from rifle amp. It is the new soma, except you can get it at rank 0 if you do tower survivals and it comes with two polarity slots. If you don't have one, you are missing out. It also is like the penta in that you will never run out of ammo.

I'll have to try it again after the update hits us, but I really don't see anything possibly making up for having the least fun fire mode possible. (I suspect that mouse+keyboard makes a big difference as to its bearability, though.)

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Is using the controller on the PC version still a viable option once you get into the harder stuff? I see there is an aim assist in the options, but I don't think that actually does anything. I do ok with the controller except for when I need to shoot poo poo like the security camera. After typing that out I think I just convinced myself to get used to playing with the mouse and keyboard.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

The only thing a controller can't do is the wallrun test, everything else is doable with a gamepad.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Azzanadra posted:

The only thing a controller can't do is the wallrun test, everything else is doable with a gamepad.

You can still cheese the wallrun test with a Loki using decoy and switch teleport, which should be doable with a controller.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Azzanadra posted:

I did it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That list was based on stuff we've had experience with in my little PS4 group. Specific omissions were because we didn't have experience with them, save for the Glaive, which is a crappy Kestrel. anyone wants to revise it and add it to the OP, go ahead.

Golden rule of Warframe always applies: if you enjoy using it, then keep it and keep playing. The goal is to have fun and look awesome/ridiculous while doing it, who gives a poo poo about numbers?*

*- Except the Mk1-Braton, Skana, and Lato. Those shits suck.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime.

More than a maxed out Synapse? Sure it'd have way more range, but I thought Synapse had the highest possible DPS of any primary now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sushibandit posted:

More than a maxed out Synapse? Sure it'd have way more range, but I thought Synapse had the highest possible DPS of any primary now.

If you bind weapon fire to a smooth scroll wheel and just flick it then you can burn through your ammo absurdly quickly on any held-type trigger :ssh:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So I'm pretty confused by the card system and the whole inventory/game in general, and I just got the furthest I've ever gotten in a survival wave defense type mission(wave 15) on one of the last Venus ships/stations or whatever. But, the problem is, I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel, both of which I don't have any of at the moment, and when I checked my inventory after the game they weren't there. Was I just tripping out or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm pretty confused by the card system and the whole inventory/game in general, and I just got the furthest I've ever gotten in a survival wave defense type mission(wave 15) on one of the last Venus ships/stations or whatever. But, the problem is, I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel, both of which I don't have any of at the moment, and when I checked my inventory after the game they weren't there. Was I just tripping out or what?

Did you lose? If you lose, you get none of the loot.