Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Don't forget the gem of the dwarven king quest. Starts in hagall, kill mobs in the same exact area as necklace. Gives about 6~ bubs.

Some of your values are a bit off. Though it does vary a bit. Tailoring is around 5p tops. Spellcraft/wc/ac are all around 12-15. Fletching I honestly haven't a clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

For some reason I thought SC/alch were the most expensive.

The only thing I ever leveled on live was tailoring and then getting metalworking up right behind that for trinketing, and there's no way in hell I'm doing that again.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
You can have workable SC with only 500-700 skill, higher is only needed for big overcharges.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Guess I will pass on crafting this time, as the longevity of this server is all but guaranteed.

I decided I'll go Aug Healer : 36/40/4. Reason being I believe i'm just too bad of a player to quickly mez well in PvP, but Healing I can do as the best. Aug only requires one extra untargeted spell to cast at the start of each battle.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Is there a classic war map that works the same as the new frontier war map?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Server can't even stay up for 20 minutes now.

pnau
Aug 20, 2006
Yeh sever freezes and delayed reboots are getting old pretty fast. Server has potential but hopefully they can iron out these bugs soon.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
Most if not all of the level 50 population is just killing time until Uthgard launches. It's going to take a long time for the Genesis devs to figure out what the hell they're doing. See: 4 days for a ghetto rear end bandaid fix for bind stones.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
I'm jumping on genesis albion today starting a new dude, anyone wanting to level post in thread or pm me.

Add me to the albion list, drink the cool-aid play albs.

bongsnake fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 18, 2014

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Melting the Ice is working again. I just did three in a row.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

bongsnake posted:

I'm jumping on genesis albion today starting a new dude, anyone wanting to level post in thread or pm me.

Add me to the albion list, drink the cool-aid play albs.

I'll totally reroll you with you. I'm Rote on alb now.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
I am saddened.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
You were in our party and I didn't even know it.

pnau
Aug 20, 2006
was in your grp too rote, will be back after the server comes back

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Alb goons rising together.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

TouchToneDialing posted:

Melting the Ice is working again. I just did three in a row.
It works after the server reboots, it stops working during euro primetime almost 100% guaranteed since they're permadead and spawns freeze.

It'll continue to work for hours if there's a reset after euro primetime though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've been doing my best not to complain because when it comes down to it, free server, but holy poo poo is it horrendous right now.

I'm thinking about picking up live since it has a free trial right now. Would I need a second daoc install?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Combo posted:

I've been doing my best not to complain because when it comes down to it, free server, but holy poo poo is it horrendous right now.

I'm thinking about picking up live since it has a free trial right now. Would I need a second daoc install?

I thought about that too, but they still want a CC. I don't want to give EA one to gently caress up again.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

ded posted:

I thought about that too, but they still want a CC. I don't want to give EA one to gently caress up again.

You just need to give them a CC to get past that screen, they don't charge you until the 7 days runs out.

So what I just did is reactivated, and then when it showed my 7 day trial on my subscription screen, cancelled immediately. They won't charge your card, trust me I've done it plenty.

Only problem now is the patcher tells me I'm on the wrong version of the game, so I have to find a way to repair my game.dll I think.

pnau
Aug 20, 2006
Im pretty sure to you need another install and use one for shards and one for the live servers.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
copy the DAOC folder to a different place, use mojo, set a custom path for that specific account, run the game and it will update your game.dll to the current version.

Did this last night when I wanted to check out how live is doing. if you have questions just ask and I can try and give you more guidance.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Sent you a PM because I'm still having the issue.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
I just reactivated my live account as well. What realm do the live goons play on?

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Well since everyone else is doing it? I'll play wherever goons play when I'm not playing on genesis (which at this time is hardly ever since the server is crazy)

I have stealthers on every realm and a zerk on mid, champ on hib, and a wizard on alb and every character is very templated.

Also my account hasn't actually been charged in months and is still running so I've pretty much been playing live for free for about a year now and I don't really understand why.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

If I get it working again I'm mostly on mid (warrior, shaman, skald, zerker, sm, rm, warlock, thane) but I have like 3 50s on hib (ranger, hero, eld).

edit: the game.dll you sent me worked man, thank you

Combo fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 18, 2014

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Excellent glad I could help. If anyone needs it to play on live just send me a PM here with your email and I'll send it out.

edit: also I'm BRAINMEAT TASTYTREAT on mid so hit me up

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I don't know if I want to play on live again exactly because of that everything is templated outthere. Also my 2 best characters were on Mordred and I don't think it is possible to transfer them to Ywain.

All I had on regular servers are a Semi Decent RR5 Warden and a Shaman Buffbot.

If everyone really is preparing to jump ship as soon as Uthgard relaunches I don't know if I'm gonna spend more time on Genesis. (not that I can play anyway during Euro Primetime)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Pretty sure its possible to transfer your mord characters to Ywain.

Also yeah its easier for me because I have templated characters on live and plenty of money to do whatever it is I want to do. Starting from almost scratch would be rough.

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I should ask my brother if I can use his accounts for live. He has literally every class level 50 templated, and thousands of platinum on each realm... he may have played this game too much. He's been clean for a few years at least.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
They added mord transfers a couple of patches ago. There's an NPC right inside housing to help you get started once you transfer your dudes over!

I'm not planning on jumping from genesis though. I like that server and the community but they just need to hammer out some bugs. I'll prolly end up playing both uth and origins I guess once that's back up.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Ah a Mord transfer IS possible? I may want to check that out then.

I do agree about the Genesis community. By far the best freeshard community I've ever seen. Noob friendly, group friendly with only a little bit of elitism.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, nousername and I were talking while I was poking around my characters on live. I loving LOVE Genesis and much prefer old frontiers to new. The community seems great. It just has to be actually up once in a while :(

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Yeah I'm really enjoying my playtime there and I REALLY hope they iron out everything soon. That would make me pretty much the happiest person on the planet. I just ran some 8v8 on my zerk and it was just way crazier than it is on genesis. So many things you have to worry about. I also agree on really loving getting back in to old frontiers and stuff.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
gently caress man I got to play for like an hour tops and now it is down until further notice.

It's like someone gave me a massive hit of some crack and then all of the crack in the world disappeared, I was so keen. Going to sit here F5'ing, until further notice.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Well I'm still playing on Genesis, just poking around on Live when I want to play and the server's down. I switched back to Mid from Alb to play with goons. It let me switch realms again after deleting my Alb chars, which I don't think is supposed to work, but whatever. I'm Supbrah in the guild.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I never liked the New Frontiers. I just like the large landscapes to roam and hunt. I even accept it when I get greyganked in the frontiers because it's a Risk VS Reward thing (Nullsec!).

Actually I don't even care about the keeps at all, but I understand the need of something to fight about. The towers just made everything even worse. (What is the actual use of those in NF? to give smaller guilds something to claim?)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Evernoob posted:

I never liked the New Frontiers. I just like the large landscapes to roam and hunt. I even accept it when I get greyganked in the frontiers because it's a Risk VS Reward thing (Nullsec!).

Actually I don't even care about the keeps at all, but I understand the need of something to fight about. The towers just made everything even worse. (What is the actual use of those in NF? to give smaller guilds something to claim?)

The patch up on Pendragon is removing some of the towers and their functions. A lot of people seem to like the idea since it opens up more space to roam without getting whacked by some stupid archer or guard if you get too close to a tower. I think theyre moving keeps around too (and making one a ruin I think?) to add to the tower changes. Could be neat if they implement it right.

Ive been back playing live the last few days, my rose tinted glasses werent rosey enough to play on Genesis with all the missing QOL stuff that I never realized TOA+ had added.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Ive been back playing live the last few days, my rose tinted glasses werent rosey enough to play on Genesis with all the missing QOL stuff that I never realized TOA+ had added.

Just messing around last night on an alt warrior at 36, and having full buffs from a token vendor and chain killing yellow/oj out in frontiers solo with my endurance almost always topped off was pretty nice, I have to admit. Or being able to chain kill reds on my zerker with no healing needed.

Genesis is all about grouping though and it just makes things go so much faster. I know the BGs quests are fast as hell when you can find a group for them on live but Molvik is a chore to xp through usually and I was just feeling out characters.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Playing on Genesis made me go like "hey I'll finally get to play a healer, which will be EASY to level up fast". Try saying that on live (as your first char).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I found the problem was twofold for me. When I did feel like grouping it was hell trying to find a group. Then sometimes I just dont feel like grouping and that is actively punished. Didnt help the few groups I got into were mostly the leftovers that the min/max groups werent taking so downtime was atrocious even in the group, and worse if a pull went wrong.

Oh, and I just use the low level glass quests to skip Molvik (or to get to 39). Its so much faster, even if youre solo. :v:

• Locked thread