Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrChud posted:

I found a baron Zemo today, if you still need it.

YES! Email me at butiplayoneontv AT gmail.com and I will get you the sweet sweet monies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I picked up a Carnage and Black Cat recently. Does anyone need them? $21.17 each, plus shipping.

Thanks dude. They arrived yesterday.

I guess I'll have to buy Electro and Beetle now so I can complete the Goblin.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Pics of the new Predators:http://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12041

Pics of the new Aliens: http://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12031

No Ripley so far, but that power loader is a good sign...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Thanks dude. They arrived yesterday.

I guess I'll have to buy Electro and Beetle now so I can complete the Goblin.
Glad they arrived, glad you like them, glad I could help.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Pics of the new Predators:http://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12041

Pics of the new Aliens: http://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12031

No Ripley so far, but that power loader is a good sign...

Well in addition to the one Predator we've already seen, the 8 bit one, I'm stoked about the other 7, and I really like that vehicle that the one is coming with. I'll be picking up all of those.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I picked up an extra Carnage. Would anyone be willing to trade it for an AIM Soldier, Spider Girl, or Toxin?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

The Rage posted:

Well in addition to the one Predator we've already seen, the 8 bit one, I'm stoked about the other 7, and I really like that vehicle that the one is coming with. I'll be picking up all of those.

I'm hoping the vehicle sells well, getting some kenner Colonial Marines vehicles would be awesome.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

I'm hoping the vehicle sells well, getting some kenner Colonial Marines vehicles would be awesome.

Annnnnnd the pre-orders for both the Predator and Alien waves just went up on BBTS, ordered!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

The Rage posted:

Annnnnnd the pre-orders for both the Predator and Alien waves just went up on BBTS, ordered!

Same here. It's amazing that in this day and age, NECA is able to produce these high-quality, affordable figures based off of decades old movies. If 5 years ago you would have told me I would have every single Alien and Predator, plus Marines, plus Dutch, I wouldn't have believed you.

Yet here we are, not some $60 japanese import or online exlusive, just a regular figure you can walk into your local toys r us and buy.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

MooselanderII posted:

I picked up an extra Carnage. Would anyone be willing to trade it for an AIM Soldier, Spider Girl, or Toxin?

I have a aim soldier I'd trade for it. Hit me up at doktorchud at Gmail.com

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

OK, so I passed on the Legacy Megazord. I was planning to (maybe hopefully) pass on the Dragonzord. But now?

:negative:

If they ever make a new Pyramidas I am utterly screwed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jace Madan posted:

Same here. It's amazing that in this day and age, NECA is able to produce these high-quality, affordable figures based off of decades old movies. If 5 years ago you would have told me I would have every single Alien and Predator, plus Marines, plus Dutch, I wouldn't have believed you.

Yet here we are, not some $60 japanese import or online exlusive, just a regular figure you can walk into your local toys r us and buy.

Minor nitpick but it would be really nice if NECA would finally do a netless mold for the preds. Is kind of jarring to see the unpainted net on every. single. one.

The second Kenner wave is a also a little uninspired, while series 12, 8-bit pred and the blade fighter are loving awesome.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Minor nitpick but it would be really nice if NECA would finally do a netless mold for the preds. Is kind of jarring to see the unpainted net on every. single. one.

The second Kenner wave is a also a little uninspired, while series 12, 8-bit pred and the blade fighter are loving awesome.

Apparently the nets were unpainted because they just got the samples from the factory, the final releases will have the netting painted on.

But yeah, the blade fighter is amazing, and should only cost around $70. For the price, a vehicle and a pack-in figure, it is definitely worth it. I love that NECA will take risks like this and make larger items. The power loader looks amazing as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jace Madan posted:

Apparently the nets were unpainted because they just got the samples from the factory, the final releases will have the netting painted on.

But yeah, the blade fighter is amazing, and should only cost around $70. For the price, a vehicle and a pack-in figure, it is definitely worth it. I love that NECA will take risks like this and make larger items. The power loader looks amazing as well.

Agreed, hopefully the Blade Fighter won't have a limited run like the trophy room. Never saw the thing here on Mexico.

Xenomrph posted:

I've got a couple Play Arts Kai ones and they rule, absolutely worth the extra coin.

They look amazing but tend to have some quality issues and really fragile. Speaking of:

http://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12791

* They're milking the Batman license for everything is worth, Deathstroke is awesome at least.

* More japanese? variants, Hawkman, Robin, Joker and Harley look good but a Bishonen Darkseid :psyboom:

* Motherfucking Rorschach :flashfap:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, I might actually have to buy that Darkseid.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Agreed, hopefully the Blade Fighter won't have a limited run like the trophy room. Never saw the thing here on Mexico.

BBTS, Amazon, and the NECA eBay store all have the Trophy Room in stock.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12127&mode=retail

http://www.amazon.com/NECA-0634482514955-PREDATOR-TROPHY-DIORAMA/dp/B00BSG8UJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392614159&sr=8-1&keywords=Trophy+Wall

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Predator-7-...=item3cd2c3dd43

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Worth pointing out that the Blade Fighter is a remake of an old Kenner vehicle:

I still have mine. :kiddo:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I'm trying to parse what that is and the best way my mind can describe it is a shoe and a swiss army knife had a baby.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm just loving the fact the pixel background makes it look like they are censoring the ship's junk.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I wonder if the NECA version is gonna have a spring-loaded firing missile too...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Have any of their figures had spring-loaded missiles? The moment you start including projectiles in your toy designs, you open up an enormous can of worms regarding toy safety regulations and poo poo. A lot of the super-kickass missiles on the old Kenner toys (from all sorts of lines - Jurassic Park, Batman, AvP, you name it) wouldn't clear modern US safety regulations. That's why the US reissues of old 1980s G1 Transformers toys have the springs removed from their missile-launcher accessories.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Have any of their figures had spring-loaded missiles? The moment you start including projectiles in your toy designs, you open up an enormous can of worms regarding toy safety regulations and poo poo. A lot of the super-kickass missiles on the old Kenner toys (from all sorts of lines - Jurassic Park, Batman, AvP, you name it) wouldn't clear modern US safety regulations. That's why the US reissues of old 1980s G1 Transformers toys have the springs removed from their missile-launcher accessories.

But doesn't the fact that these are "adult collector" geared toys make them exempt from that firing missile rule?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

But doesn't the fact that these are "adult collector" geared toys make them exempt from that firing missile rule?
I don't think so, not if they're selling them in mass-market retail toy stores. The G1 reissue Transformers were ostensibly geared towards "adult collectors" (or at least, if you spent that much money on them and then let your kid play with them, you were kinda an idiot) but they still had neutered missile launchers.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They won't have firing mistakes.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
If you absolutely need missiles, a friction firing system is much safer and has less chance of long-term damage to the figure.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Friction and NECA would spell disaster, though.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Toys don't shoot missiles anymore? I feel bad for the children.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Dude, I had toys that shot sparks. Kids today are getting crap.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

sleepingbuddha posted:

You're buying the wrong toys then.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

My kids have all kinds of crap that shoot missiles, they are out there in force don't worry.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Man of Steel statue line is the best thing ever. I already own five of them, there's two more already solicited and now there's this one on the way

I can't wait.

And then this popped up!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

And then this popped up!

Apology accepted Hasbro.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Is that a build-a-figure Groot arm?

Looks like it. There's also a Space Iron Man and these are both probably part of the GotG series.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

NECA is teasing with pictures of Jonesy the cat from ALIEN, and saying there is a big announcement coming soon. C'mon, Ripley...

http://necaonline.com/46966/licenses/movies/alien/toy-fair-booth-display-alien-diorama-and-a-surprise-guest/

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Looks like it. There's also a Space Iron Man and these are both probably part of the GotG series.

Yeah. The full line is (are?) the movie Guardians, the Iron Man from the most recent Guardian run, and Nova, with the BaF being Groot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When does the Toy fair close? How much time do they have left for special announcements?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tomorrow NECA is probably going to announce Ripley from Alien. So be ready!

Unless it's all bullshit...then you can kiss all that goodbye!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
IT'S ABOUT loving TIME

I'm 56% certain those are original guns and backpack he's wearing.