Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jersey Mike posted:

For the goon that asked for my stats, my attack is 80, defense 71, constitution 75, and strength 73.

What's your Slayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Spergminer posted:

What's your Slayer?

My Slayer level is 63.

/quickchat

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jersey Mike posted:

My Slayer level is 63.

/quickchat

Crap, I have a few whip vines I could give you to buff your whip, but they require 75 attack and 80 slayer to combine and use.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014
So to any new comers or returning players, I can't stress enough how important game knowledge is.
This game is 50% clicking on the same spot until you develop carpel tunnel, and 50% knowing how to do poo poo.

To learn how to do poo poo, you should Google up answers and play quests.
Playing from the earliest quests to the most recent you can get an idea of the games releases.
Here's a list of the quests, oldest to newest, start from the bottom and work your way up; try to do about 2 quests a day.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_quest_release_dates

Reading the dialogue on the quests can be kinda funny at times, that British witty banter and all. You'll find things get quite tedious at times if you just skip all of the conversations. By all means use a guide though, nothing wrong with a bit of help.

The above website has a search function, use it. Search stuff you need to learn about. Don't know where to train? Search it.
Keep learning until you become a Runescape poo poo master, you'll get to the point were you can just flow around the map like a ninja because you know about everything.

That is all on learning.

Also, has anybody else's client been closing on It's own periodically, or is it just me? I mean the servers were never good but gently caress when the client closes half way through a Mithril drag kill; leaves me a bit angsty.

sKai white fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 13, 2014

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.
skai white I don't think you can recover from that fail thread you made a few minutes ago

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014

Greenllama posted:

skai white I don't think you can recover from that fail thread you made a few minutes ago

Shhhhh, I'm pretending it didn't happen.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

sKai white posted:

Shhhhh, I'm pretending it didn't happen.

Someone link it. (from the gaschamber haha)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3608781&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post425688720

It's pretty dull, mostly just a few morons try to and fail at being funny.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
I definitely prefer keys to spins:

Free 6.5M.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
My stats from my recently retrieved account!

http://gyazo.com/5497d2f51e0b817f88fe1462ad477b9b

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata getting owned by a pub... Skai needing to lurk more...

So shameful. You know what needs to be done:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Poor Kalphite Queen, getting walloped so hard her graphics fall apart.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Well, not that 200 combat is the best situation, but they're capitulating to the anti-EOC whiners. I can only imagine it'll go back to being a melee-based calculation, too. Everyone start maxing their combat.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Okay, Runescape entirely crashed on me while we were dunging.

And now I can't even get back IN because 'ClassNotFoundException' Rs2Applet.class.

Not even a different browser is working.

Edit: Was some stupid security setting, I think.

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 14, 2014

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy hell Grenwalls are great Hunter XP, and the Oog'log pool makes them so much easier/better to hunt.

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014

Magres posted:

Holy hell Grenwalls are great Hunter XP, and the Oog'log pool makes them so much easier/better to hunt.

Yeah It's not bad money as well.

Dunno if anybody remembers the Giant ChinChompa update, but aside from being a turd pile, you can do it on the hour every hour to get some tickets allowing you into an instanced grenwall area.
Maybe It's worth a look.
You get to catch butterflies and put them into a butterfly jar! :allears:

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007

sKai white posted:

Yeah It's not bad money as well.

Dunno if anybody remembers the Giant ChinChompa update, but aside from being a turd pile, you can do it on the hour every hour to get some tickets allowing you into an instanced grenwall area.
Maybe It's worth a look.
You get to catch butterflies and put them into a butterfly jar! :allears:

it is far from a turd pile, it owns. Pretty decent chunk of xp for a d&d you can do twice a day.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah it's easy to bang out like 50k XP a day doing Giant Chin for half an hour (15 minutes x 2), then like 150k-200k in an hour or so scooping up 200 Grenwalls. You'll blow close to a million on Raw Pawya Meat if you catch them half the time (which is about what I get) and pull in a few million worth of Grenwall Spikes.

Seriously Big Chin plus Grenwalls owns and makes you piles of money and fast Hunter XP. I loving hate Hunter as much as the next person and I don't mind it, cause there's basically no competition and you can do a full load of meat in like ten minutes and get 20k XP. Banking regularly breaks up the monotony of Hunter a lot, too.

Even if you can't burn all your tickets, you can just save them up for a slow day and mow through them when you have time.

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 15, 2014

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Giant Chinchompa owns. I recently discovered the daily D&D tokens work with it now, so I shall be using some of those during double xp weekend.

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007

Time do do some Corporeal Beast :v:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Disco Dickdog posted:

Time do do some Corporeal Beast :v:

First:

Augtism posted:

Ahhh gently caress you

Second: Good to know that Lucky equipment exists. I have got 4 purple jewels since the start of Treasure Hunter but they were all huge lamps. :geno:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Whoa whoa! What's this? It's time for:

:rory:Pizza Lady's Farmer's Farming Planting Guide:rory:

This will act as a supplement to my main Farming guide. It'll give you a general idea on what's good to plant at what levels so you don't have to wonder and blunder about what should go in your patches!

As the wiki page recommends, if you are Farming level 1, doing Fairy Tail I is supposed to boost you to Farming level 17, which owns cause all skills suck to level at first.

(Note: You can check what a crop needs to protect it by opening the Farming skill tab in game and clicking on the item you're planting)

I'll break up the guide into five parts based on how high your farming level is, and rate different crops based on profitability, experience rate, and cost to obtain seeds for. I'll also include the level I recommend you do it till, though that's up to your own discretion.

Worm Digging Twerp (Farming Level 1-20)

Potatoes (Level 1-99), Allotment
Profit: Very good
Exp: Very poor
Cost: Extremely cheap
Notes: Potatoes are great for profit, despite being a level 1 crop. Recommended if you want to make a cheap profit no matter your level.

Sweetcorn (Level 20-87), Allotment
Profit: Poor
Exp: Okay
Notes: Sweetcorn is decent to plant if you have a scarecrow in the flower patch to protect it, though you can have marigolds planted to protect potatoes which are better money. I used to plant these until I learned how much money potatoes were.

Guam (Level 9-32), Herb
Profit: Good
Exp: Poor
Notes: Guams, like potatoes, are a good low level profitable item you can plant. While harralander and tarromin are cheap as well, their profits are not as good and the exp differences are minimal, so guam is the choice herb to go with until you can plant higher levels.

Marigold (Level 2-52), Flower
Notes: Marigolds protect potatoes, so I'd grow these and leave them there until you can afford white lilies.

Redberry Bush (Level 10-36), Bush
Notes: Redberry bushes are the first bushes you can grow and they yield decent profit for their fruit.

Tree (Level 15-30), Regular Tree
Profit: n/a
Exp: Decent
Notes: I won't take into consideration profits for regular trees, since it's no different from chopping any other tree (with the exception of willows)

Flower Watering Nerd (Farming Level 21-49)

Strawberry (Level 31-87), Allotment
Cost: Somewhat expensive (unless buying it from in-game stores)
Notes: Strawberries will work out experience wise if you don't really need money from potatoes, but if you buy the seeds from the GE it'll cost you about 7,200 GP for eight allotments so unless you're already rich to begin with, either use the seeds bought from the general store for it or avoid.

Watermelon (Level 47-87), Allotment
Exp: Good
Cost: Very expensive
Notes: Watermelon seeds are like strawberries but three times more expensive. Doing all eight regular allotments will cost you about 21,600 GP which is nothing to sneeze at. Better avoided in my opinion or limited to a few allotments.

Limpwurt (Level 26-52), Flower
Exp: Somewhat poor
Cost: Very cheap
Notes: Limpwurts are okay to plant if you aren't going to do potatoes in your flower patch, but the profit you'd make off of potatoes would far exceed anything the limpwurts can get you in the long run.

Rannar (Level 32-44), Herb
Notes: Most herbs from rannar onward end up being very profitable, so it's down to personal choice for the most part.

Spirit Weed (Level 36-50), Herb
Notes: Spirit weed is cheaper than rannar to plant, but also rakes in less profit.

Toadflax (Level 38-50), Herb
Cost: Cheap
Notes: Unlike spirit weed, Toadflax is more expensive to plant than rannar, but brings in more profit.

Irit (Level 44-50), Herb
Notes: Irit seeds are cheaper than rannar seeds but yield as much profit, so they're a good choice to upgrade to.

Wergali (Level 46-50), Herb
Notes: Similar to spirit weed.

Dwellberry Bush (Level 36-59), Bush
Notes: I don't understand dwellberries. Despite being near useless, they constantly sell at high prices. I'm still baffled as to how these sold for about 2k a berry so definitely a bush you want to grow.

Willow Tree (Level 30-99), Tree
Exp: Very good
Notes: Willows are a great budget tree to grow if you end up not being able to afford the higher level trees. They're also cheap to protect if you have the culinomancer chest. I only grow willows unless I happen to get seeds for other trees and it happens to be that double xp weekend is coming up soon.

Apple Tree (Level 27-33), Fruit Tree
Profit: Decent
Notes: Apple trees will be your first fruit tree. They give a nice chunk of experience and usually yield pricey goods you can harvest to use or sell. Apples don't sell too well it seems, unless you basket them up (used for willow tree protection).

Banana Tree (Level 33-39), Fruit Tree
Notes: Bananas sell for more money than apples, probably because they're an ingredient for Fruit Bat pouches. A six banana harvest will net you close to 3,000 GP.

Orange Tree (Level 39-99), Fruit Tree
Notes: Oranges are even more profitable for some reason. If you wish to constantly cut down and plant new fruit trees cheap while getting a small bit of profit, orange trees will be your best option.

Curry Tree (Level 42-99), Fruit Tree
Profit: Decent
Notes: Curry trees will be your choice over oranges if you want experience over money.

Evil Turnip (Level 42-99), Evil Turnip (Draynor Manor)
Notes: These grow fast, only taking about five minutes at a time, but give very little experience and is not a feisable practice unless you really want the turnips.

Casual Gardening Hipster (Farming Level 50-70)

White Lily (Level 52-99), Flower
Cost: Varies
Notes: The sole purpose of white lilies is to protect any allotment patch from dying. Thus, it is crucial you get these as soon as possible, which you have a 100% rate of obtaining with Hard Falador Tasks.

Avantoe (Level 50-62), Herb
Profit: Great
Cost: Expensive
Notes: If money is what you're looking for, avantoe is the herb of choice. It yields huge profit and if you're not bothered with experience, it's great to plant.

Kwuarm (Level 56-62), Herb
Cost: Cheap
Notes: Kwuarm seeds are cheap to buy, so they're lower risk than avantoe, but less profit.

Snapdragon (Level 62-99), Herb
Cost: Somewhat expensive
Notes: Snapdragon seeds are cheaper to buy, but yield profits close to avantoe.

Cadantine (Level 67-91), Herb
Notes: Cadantines are the choice over snapdragons if you want experience over money.

Whiteberry Bush (Level 59-96), Bush
Notes: Whiteberries are a good alternative to dwellberry bushes if you want a steady profit, while dwellberries offer possibly spontaneously huge profit.

Maple Tree (Level 45-99), Tree
Notes: If money isn't an obstacle, maple seeds may be used instead of willows for double the experience rate.

Yew Tree (Level 60-99), Tree
Cost: Very Expensive
Notes: Doubles on maple tree cost and experience, but to pay to protect these is extremely expensive.

Pineapple Tree (Level 51-57), Fruit Tree
Profit: Very poor
Notes: Pineapples are a sharp rise in terms of cost, loss of profit, and experience gain. Personally wouldn't recommend these over curry, but if you can afford it it's not a bad choice.

Papaya Tree (Level 57-99), Fruit Tree
Notes: If you don't plan on constantly replanting papaya trees, these will make you lots of money from their fruit. Definitely recommended to plant, either way.

Palm Tree (Level 68-99), Fruit Tree
Cost: Extremely expensive
Notes: Palm trees are not a viable choice to plant constantly unless you have a lot of money. Like papayas however, they yield expensive coconuts, and definitely are another fruit tree you want planted.

Cactus (Level 55-99), Cactus (Al Kharid)
Notes: Cactuses are amazing profit especially with hard desert tasks done. Only in Runescape would people pay more for loving cactus spines than bars of gold.

Bittercap Mushroom (Level 53-74), Mushroom (Canafis)
Exp: Somewhat poor
Notes: Especially if you have medium Mortyania tasks done, these are the only thing to plant until you can upgrade to Morchellas.

Tree Hugging Hippie (Farming Level 70-90)

Snape Grass (Level 80-99), Allotment
Profit: Awful
Notes: Unless I'm missing something, snape grass is absolutely not worth planting because of the tremendous increase in the price of the seeds (it used to be far cheaper, making it profitable). You could sell the seeds for more money than you could get from planting them, even with white lilies, so don't bother with these ever.

Sunchoke (Level 87-99), Allotment
Exp: Great
Notes: Thanks to wishing well fruits, all seeds that give additional experience in other skills are dirt cheap. These are amazing to plant for Strength experience especially with white lilies. Definitely recommended.

Butterfly Flower (Level 88-99), Flower
Notes: If you have white lilies, I wouldn't bother with these, unless you do not plan on using the allotments.

Reeds (Level 78-95), Hops
Cost: Somewhat cheap
Notes: These are good for profit but trying to acquire the hops to protect them is difficult and would end up being expensive.

Lantadyme (Level 73-99), Herb
Notes: If this dies, that's a big profit loss, so either make sure these don't die with supercompost and checking up on them (Amulet of Farming can help), or use the patch from My Arms Big Adventure (which I haven't done yet :v:).

Dwarf Weed (Level 79-99), Herb
Notes: Same story as Lantadyme.

Torstol (Level 85-99), Herb
Notes: This is cheaper than Lantadyme and Dwarf Weed, but yields less profit.

Magic Tree (Level 1-20), Tree
Cost: Extremely expensive
Notes: Buying magic tree seeds are extremely expensive, as is paying to protect them. These are only for if you have money to burn or to complete Falador tasks.

Potato Cactus (Level 86-99), Cactus
Notes: Potato cactus gives more experience at the cost of profit. It's up to you to decide what you need more.

Calquat Tree (Level 72-99), Calquat (Karmaja)
Profit: Awful
Notes: Calquats are nice in that (as of now at least) the amount you pay for a seed is the amount of experience you get.

Morchella Mushroom (Level 74-99), Mushroom
Notes: These are a must plant, especially with Mortanyia medium tasks done. They can be hard to sell, but when they do you'll make great money.

Spirit Tree (Level 83-99), Spirit Tree (Port Sarim, Brimhaven, Miscellenia)
Cost: n/a
Notes: Spirit Tree seeds are hard to obtain but offer great profit and transportation. Always plant these, especially during double xp weekends and with bonus xp available!

Jolly Green Rancher (Farming Level 91-99)

Fly Trap (Level 93-99), Allotment
Notes: Great for farming and theiving experience. No more picking pockets and getting stunned!

Grapevine (Level 95-99), Hops
Notes: If you aren't looting these seeds off of gnomes or something, they will be expensive to obtain, but they offer great profits upon yielding their berries

Fellstalk (Level 91-99), Herb
Profit: Okay
Notes: Fellstalk owns bones. Your profits won't be anywhere near as good but holy poo poo the experience rate. If you want a quick trip to 99 Farming, these are the herbs to plant!

Wishing Well (Level 96-99), Bush
Profit: Varies (Usually awful to very poor)
Notes: Wishing well fruits are a gamble - you'll likely lose money or come out even. I made a little bit of profit with them, but it's much better to simply clear these after getting the experience from them.

Hope that helps! :) Let me know if there's anything you'd like to note or add.

Also a special note on hops: I normally can't be bothered to plant them, which is why so many of them are not listed, but I imagine they'd be good money, since they're often used to protect higher level crops. If anyone wants to let me know what hops are like, that'd be great!

Themata fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 26, 2014

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

I couldn't tell you about most hops plants, but reed seeds are incredibly profitable right now even if you only use super composts to protect them. Four hops patches of reeds nets you 300-360 swamp toads, currently going for a little over 1k each.

Greenfingers aura works with the harvests there too, and harvests of 400+ toads aren't uncommon with supreme greenfingers or better.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It might be a good idea to put what kinds of payment you use for protection for the plants.

EDIT:
Pizza Lady's recent posts have inspired me to begin farming again!

I'm skipping allotments because xp waste, but I'm still going to do trees, herbs, bushes, and hops(reeds). :yayclod:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 15, 2014

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
It's odd you guys all of a sudden got those, because I got the sub hood the other day and got myself 2.5m. Maybe they upped the rate to promote buying keys?

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah, I also got lucky arma legs, and I've never gotten anything close to that before. They definitely upped the rate on them.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Apparently love letters aren't allowed on Entaria amongst other things cause these monks are dumb and started following Saradomin because some girl rejected them in Falador High School!!!

So I went on there and killed a unicorn and the first one gave me love letters! The monks didn't do anything though like kick me off the island for being loved. Oh well.

That unicorn is totally head over heels for me~

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Themata posted:

Apparently love letters aren't allowed on Entaria amongst other things cause these monks are dumb and started following Saradomin because some girl rejected them in Falador High School!!!

So I went on there and killed a unicorn and the first one gave me love letters! The monks didn't do anything though like kick me off the island for being loved. Oh well.

That unicorn is totally head over heels for me~

I am surprised Jagex actually realised you could use Love notes to give yourself a weapon on Entaria, considering all the other poo poo they seem to forget about.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Highly Unnecessary posted:

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

Art. :allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rayman.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Thread! I have a gift for you!

Here is what happens when you stall a game of heist for 12 minutes and the other people ahve no way to end the game other than ending it:

They completely ignore the fact that I'm in jail and argue with each other for 12 minutes. To be fair I only stalled the game because of that druidess lady, she really was insufferable.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So Heist is terrible? Good to know

Who am I kidding, I can grief pubbies at it. Officially the best activity.

Also that druidess person is the biggest sperglord. Literally "I can't talk like a normal human being so I use a verbose manner of speaking and pretend it makes me look smart."

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

All right, gently caress it, I'm coming back. Hipstermagus, if I got kicked or whatever (probably, it's been two years). Let's see if I can get high enough levels to do the fun quests before getting bored this time!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
First let's illustrate just how completely awful the new graphical update is:

With that out of the way, I did some bossing today! Lemonytang and I did pretty well and got two zamorak hilts:

Mine sold for 3.25 million while Lemony's sold for 3.5 mil just because he sold first. :mad: I also didn't include my 10 Lantadymes or 41 Wine of Zamoraks so I actually got more than this.

I decided this was a sign and went to Barrows! This is my first loot.

This is my result after ten lootings.

This is what my first and third Queen Black Dragon looting looked like. The second one just gave me my second dragonkin journal and 5 uncut dragonstones.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Themata posted:

I decided this was a sign and went to Barrows! This is my first loot.

This is my result after ten lootings.

You got three barrows drops after 10 runs? I've never managed to get anything better than a few bolt racks after trying for a few months now. :smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

Who am I kidding, I can grief pubbies at it. Officially the best activity.

So Heist can be hijacked? Now the only question is which book to type out while people are waiting.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
To all the somewhat impoverished goons out there, I present to you a picture

This was all done with only a couple hours. Right now, pre bonus xp weekend, unfinished pots are pretty great money. I implore you to make some. Just not avantoe, I'm doing those next.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So Heist can be hijacked? Now the only question is which book to type out while people are waiting.

Take a page from Joementum's book and make it Atlas Shrugged :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Nm

• Locked thread