Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Opopanax posted:

I remember Gunn had them on set at some point so they should at least be getting some consultancy money

I heard that they are getting a cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool posted:

Also watch out for Cap 2 Spoilers. There's a pretty major one out there.

Yeah, but this is one that I think pretty much any comic book fan already knew or guessed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, but this is one that I think pretty much any comic book fan already knew or guessed.

I am pretty sure the actor himself said that he was a villain and going from there it was not hard to guess. See Red Zone.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

gently caress the raccoon, the spacesuit dog's in this too, right?

If Cosmo is in this I will be loving overjoyed.

EDIT: They appear to have given Gamora facial prosthetics for some reason.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 18, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The spoiler being said straight out by a song title on the soundtrack is hilarious.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The spoiler being said straight out by a song title on the soundtrack is hilarious.

Holy poo poo it's not even something kinda interesting like "such and such Returns!" It's just "Character X is Character Y :effort:"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Curiosity got the best of me so I went and looked up the soundtrack and loving :lol: that's worse than the SW: Episode 1 soundtrack spoiler.

The song title is literally "this is the plot twist final reveal the movie has". Outstanding.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Two Amazing Spider-Man 2 featurettes with some great Spidey moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjk5LKbgEHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zcaPXhgxVs

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

That part with sick spider man was pretty hilarious.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure the actor himself said that he was a villain and going from there it was not hard to guess. See Red Zone.

I really, really don't want to hear Robert Redford faking a german accent

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Monaghan posted:

I laughed at "PETER!!"

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Huh, the soundtrack isn't showing up on Amazon and I'm too :effort: to re-install iTunes. So I'm just going to assume that the spoiler is that Scarlett was MODOK all along.

Y Signal
Feb 17, 2009

I love you, Tiger Millionaire.
It really does say something that, as someone who didn't too much care for the first Amazing Spider-Man, I'm pretty excited for this one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Y Signal posted:

It really does say something that, as someone who didn't too much care for the first Amazing Spider-Man, I'm pretty excited for this one.

I haven't seen ASM and I'm still pretty excited about the sequel.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Monaghan posted:

That's the best moment of live action Spider-Man I've ever seen.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Deadpool posted:

That's the best moment of live action Spider-Man I've ever seen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Y Signal posted:

Yeah, I didn't even see the first one just thinking it was too boring looking, (actually caught it on TV the other night though, it was... okay) but the second looks pretty rad and I'm definitely gonna check it out.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN9KpQCBolw

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were perfectly cast, but the movie itself was one of the most generic, boring, by-the-numbers superhero movies to date. I hated the costume (it just looked wrong without the red belt), so I'm glad the ASM2 costume has the belt AND big, expressive eyes, something movie Spidey has needed from the beginning. That alone gives me hopes this movie will improve on the last one.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
I liked the bit where Paul was like "I thought there'd be more green screen" and "There is no special effect - It's a truck doing 50 running over a police car".

Although I'm guessing the electro fight probably won't involve a lot of real electricity.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Goffer posted:

I liked the bit where Paul was like "I thought there'd be more green screen" and "There is no special effect - It's a truck doing 50 running over a police car".

Although I'm guessing the electro fight probably won't involve a lot of real electricity.

I have it on authority that they actually dunked Jamie Foxx into a real vat of mutant electric eels for this movie

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Is the Cap 2 spoiler Redford is Zemo or Strucker? If it is, I'm super cool with that.

I love the scene in Spiderman 3 where Peter, while all sybioted up is strutting down the street, doing hand guns at ladies and then does that weird little dance outside of the discount suit shop, if you look at everyone else, they all have "what the gently caress is that guys problem?" looks on their faces.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

twistedmentat posted:

Is the Cap 2 spoiler Redford is Zemo or Strucker? If it is, I'm super cool with that.

I love the scene in Spiderman 3 where Peter, while all sybioted up is strutting down the street, doing hand guns at ladies and then does that weird little dance outside of the discount suit shop, if you look at everyone else, they all have "what the gently caress is that guys problem?" looks on their faces.

Nope.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

You got one half of the spoiler right. You aimed a bit too low on the second half though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is it Dell Rusk?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I looked up the Winter Soldier soundtrack spoiler, and here's some spit-ball conjecture: (and seriously, don't mouse over this if you don't want to know what the spoiler in question is):

what if it's metaphorical? Redford's character isn't actually the Red Skull, Cap just realizes SHIELD is acting like hydra or somesuch, and the track in question plays over Cap confronting him?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I'm not saying any more if you want to know look up the ttacklist. I'm not going to potentially spoil it for some one on accident.

I wouldn't actually post that in this thread because once again it's very possible to mouse over something you don't want to see

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I put it under a spoiler bar, gave a warning, and didn't directly list the track name with capital letters and the like. I think it's worth discussing, for those who don't mind some spoilers. Hence the spoiler tags.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Sick Spidey is the best thing ive ever seen.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it Dell Rusk?

It would be a lot cooler if they actually went with that name rather than trying to make it seem like a twist or surprise because from his first casting it was pretty drat obvious.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

It would be a lot cooler if they actually went with that name rather than trying to make it seem like a twist or surprise because from his first casting it was pretty drat obvious.

That's seriously who I thought he was playing, but I guess they actually did want to hide it. The fact that the soundtrack just straight up says it is hilarious, I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
I suspect that Alexander Pierce's deal is the same as Alexander Lukin's, that is, the Red Skull has taken up residence in his head.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SaintFu posted:

I suspect that Alexander Pierce's deal is the same as Alexander Lukin's, that is, the Red Skull has taken up residence in his head.

So Red Skull is a headmate? Though you could also draw comparisons to Voldemort and Quirrell. That would be pretty great.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Here is a teaser for a trailer because those are things that happen when you give TV shows exclusive access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFPyMOHcHQ

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Waterhaul posted:

Here is a teaser for a trailer because those are things that happen when you give TV shows exclusive access.

I can't wait for the full trailer. poo poo looks epic and high quality with some polish, different from the clip at the end of Thor 2.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Who...who are they?!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Gatts posted:

I can't wait for the full trailer. poo poo looks epic and high quality with some polish, different from the clip at the end of Thor 2.

I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't look like the end of Thor 2. Everything is a very rusty brown colour, like it has gone through an early PS3 filter.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Wait, that Cap soundtrack track listing is confirmed legit?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Waterhaul posted:

I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't look like the end of Thor 2. Everything is a very rusty brown colour, like it has gone through an early PS3 filter.

This I'll agree with. There seems to be a near brown filter. It didn't look that way at all from the pictures released. Hopefully it'll be better in the trailer and movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

bobkatt013 posted:

Is it Dell Rusk?

Yes

• Locked thread