Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I mean Senior Bowl not combine, sorry. But yeah that list is really odd. He surely isn't the 30th best DL prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Goetta posted:

The NFL draft grades sure suggest Aaron Donald is garbage. I thought he was a consensus first round or two pick after the combine?

Eye test garbage: I watched him play bc Pitt is my alma mater, and he's the best player Pitt's had since Shady and Fitzgerald, and just destroyed the entire conference all year. I wish the Steelers would take him real bad, but he's a 4-3 player that won't translate to a 3-4.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thank god Jeff Ireland is gone or else he'd definite get drafted at 19 at the latest

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Eye test garbage: I watched him play bc Pitt is my alma mater, and he's the best player Pitt's had since Shady and Fitzgerald, and just destroyed the entire conference all year. I wish the Steelers would take him real bad, but he's a 4-3 player that won't translate to a 3-4.

Yeah. I thought his stock was up because he sort of wrecked the Senior Bowl? I dunno where those grades are coming from.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Volkerball posted:

And as for guys who are taller than 5'10" and don't weight less than 200 pounds?
It's not like Watkins is a giant or anything.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Not content to merely troll the NFL draft profiles, Nawrocki got an additional article to build on his brand of hating fake smiles:

NFL.com posted:

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel
Nawrocki's take: Suspect intangibles -- not a leader by example or known to inspire by his words. Carries a sense of entitlement and prima-donna arrogance seeking out the bright lights of Hollywood. Is known to party too much and is drawn to all the trappings of the game. ... Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability.

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
Nawrocki's take: Lacks discipline on and off the field and has had to be managed closely since he arrived on campus. Needs to learn what it means to be a pro. Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player -- does not consistently dominate like he could. Is still immature and finding his way -- too much of a follower.

Oregon TE Colt Lyerla
Nawrocki's take: Overly emotional and prone to outbursts following a dysfunctional childhood that offered little direction and much confusion related to a divorce. Not a disciplined team player. ... Has overcome a lot of adversity stemming back to his youth and defied the odds to become an impactful performer. Talent grades could garner interest in the second round, but past history could easily knock him down several rounds and off many draft boards.

South Carolina CB Victor Hampton
Nawrocki's take: Character will require careful evaluation -- has been troubled by a number of off-field issues dating back to high school, when he attended four different schools. Has had issues with anger management, emotional outbursts and team suspensions. Will be targeted for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties given tendency to talk and taunt. ... Size and physicality will appeal to teams, though character concerns will cloud his draft status and could knock him off some draft boards. Will require close monitoring and has bust potential.

LSU RB Jeremy Hill
Nawrocki's take: Character, maturity and stability must be investigated thoroughly -- has two criminal incidents on his record and is on probation until July, 2015. ... Big, thickly built, athletic slasher with an overinflated sense of his abilities and character red flags, which could cause some teams to shy away.

Alabama OLB Adrian Hubbard
Nawrocki's take: Has a quirky personality, inflated opinion of his ability and carries a sense of entitlement that could be difficult to manage and require a patient positional coach. ... Has starter traits, but has yet to reach the impact level he thinks he makes.

Texas WR Mike Davis
Nawrocki's take: Inadequate on-field body language and temperament -- is usually at the back of the line in practice drills and does not exhibit urgency in his play or leadership traits in the locker room. ... Displays starter-caliber physical traits, yet his playing demeanor and approach turn off many evaluators and could force his draft status to sink.

Florida DE Ronald Powell
Nawrocki's take: Had his tires pumped since high school -- entitlement was an issue as a young player and his personality could rub some people the wrong way. ... Has developmental value as a stand-up rush linebacker, but must dedicate himself to the craft and realize he's no longer the big man on campus.

Western Kentucky DB Jonathan Dowling
Nawrocki's take: Talks too much and shows off-putting body language. Questionable mental toughness. Thinks he's better than he is. Character, maturity and coachability should be looked into.

Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell
Nawrocki's take: Beats to the tune of his own drummer. Extremely immature and has a history of off-field issues. Can be difficult to coach.

This isn't a parody or satire piece, this is just Nolan Nawrocki.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
"off-putting body language" :psyduck:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Not content to merely troll the NFL draft profiles, Nawrocki got an additional article to build on his brand of hating fake smiles:

Decided to check Taylor Lewan given earlier discussion. Only off the field mention by Nawrocki: "Quirky personality that can be easily misunderstood."

color
Feb 5, 2007

I will spell the name,
"W-I-L-F-O-R-K"

Remember it.

absolute drivel posted:

but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle
Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player
too much of a follower.
Can be difficult to coach.

Its just a shame that he gets paid to do this and someone somewhere puts any weight to his words.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Well Mike Davis is an rear end in a top hat. Though I wouldn't say it's body language as much as cutting some dudes knees out like 2 minutes after a play is over

"Had his tires pumped since high school?"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm just surprised he didn't write a character hit piece on Bridgewater.

He does think he's Alex Smith 2.0 though. :wtf:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Did he not see the Texas A&M bowl game this year? Johnny Manziel pretty much put the team on his back, and led them to victory.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

quote:

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
Nawrocki's take: Lacks discipline on and off the field and has had to be managed closely since he arrived on campus. Needs to learn what it means to be a pro. Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player -- does not consistently dominate like he could. Is still immature and finding his way -- too much of a follower.
As opposed to all those players in the draft who are already seasoned professionals?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oklahoma Writer/Editor bewbies
Nawrocki's take: doesn't really operate well without coffee, relies far too heavily on caffeine. Was told when he was younger that he needed to try harder at stuff, never really did. Eats way too much tabouli and bacon, both are causes for concern as NFL teams might not have those options available at every meal. Needs to learn how to get out of bed more effectively, really doesn't like to get up in the morning. Body language in meetings is consistently poor, seems disinterested in whatever is going on that week that is not related to him, often is doodling or looking out the window.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

bewbies posted:

Oklahoma Writer/Editor bewbies
Nawrocki's take: doesn't really operate well without coffee, relies far too heavily on caffeine. Was told when he was younger that he needed to try harder at stuff, never really did. Eats way too much tabouli and bacon, both are causes for concern as NFL teams might not have those options available at every meal. Needs to learn how to get out of bed more effectively, really doesn't like to get up in the morning. Body language in meetings is consistently poor, seems disinterested in whatever is going on that week that is not related to him, often is doodling or looking out the window.

Now do a Nawrocki take on Nawrocki.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Chichevache posted:

Now do a Nawrocki take on Nawrocki.

NFL Media draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki
Nawrocki's take: Dynamic contributor, exceptional analyst - rises to the occasion. Has passion for his profession. What you see is what you get. Pail and shovel type of writer who will bring it every day. Kiper like analytical skills without the excess baggage. Very modest regarding what he truly brings to his team, will trivialize his impact to make colleagues look better. Record setting production in consecutive years. Has a lot of integrity. Is not afraid to tell it like it is and make his opinion known. Genuine smile. Has been pumping his own tires since high school.

DJJustice
Sep 7, 2006

UNTOPPSABLE
From earlier this afternoon regarding Nawrocki:

Greg Gabriel is a long time NFL dude.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm sure Nawrocki doesn't mind if he's getting used either way. He's obviously a hack but even hacks need to make a paycheck.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Doltos posted:

I'm sure Nawrocki doesn't mind if he's getting used either way. He's obviously a hack but even hacks need to make a paycheck.

If you told me I could pull in five figures by artificially deflating draft stock for teams who are too stupid to realize that "fake smile" isn't a quantifiable thing I'd ask when I could start

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Colt Lyerla one is the best only because it reads like he was the guys therapist for years. I mean "Overly emotional and prone to outbursts following a dysfunctional childhood that offered little direction and much confusion related to a divorce. " is like verbatim something I would read in a psych patients' chart.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That sounds exactly like my childhood.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Declan MacManus posted:

If you told me I could pull in five figures by artificially deflating draft stock for teams who are too stupid to realize that "fake smile" isn't a quantifiable thing I'd ask when I could start

5 figures is potentially a pretty low bar unless you're just doing it in your spare time :v:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Intruder posted:

5 figures is potentially a pretty low bar unless you're just doing it in your spare time :v:

I have an English degree that bar is buried somewhere with Al Capone and the Titanic

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So when PFW went under, I thought we were rid of Nawrocki for good, but he's not only still gainfully employed, he managed to land a gig with loving NFL.com :psyboom:

Failing upwards, indeed.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sorry we aren't all living the high life with six figure salaries Intruder...perhaps you could show us the way?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Doltos posted:

actually only hacks need to make a paycheck

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

Sorry we aren't all living the high life with six figure salaries Intruder...perhaps you could show us the way?

Way #1: recognizing that 10k is a five figure salary

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mayock's prospect rankings are up.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap2000000326222/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2014-nfl-draft

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Nawrocki is completely right about Colt Lyerla, Jeremy Hill and even Clowney. The team that drafts Clowney knows they're not getting a leader of men but a superfreak human being that can rip running backs' heads off. Clowney has never once demonstrated leadership capabilities at South Carolina, in large part because he doesn't have to.

What it means, at the end of the day, is that Clowney is going to have a team-issued handler tracking his every move and make sure his speeding, drinking, drug use and other hobbies stay out of the press. It won't affect his draft status.

I don't know much about the other prospects listed, but it's no leap of imagination to think that star college football players are entitled shitheads who don't help other people.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

What a great draft if you need front seven help. This draft is loving stacked in those areas.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also at tackle. And guard. Horray

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJJustice posted:

From earlier this afternoon regarding Nawrocki:

Greg Gabriel is a long time NFL dude.

Hahahaha

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Nawrocki is completely right about Colt Lyerla, Jeremy Hill and even Clowney. The team that drafts Clowney knows they're not getting a leader of men but a superfreak human being that can rip running backs' heads off. Clowney has never once demonstrated leadership capabilities at South Carolina, in large part because he doesn't have to.

What it means, at the end of the day, is that Clowney is going to have a team-issued handler tracking his every move and make sure his speeding, drinking, drug use and other hobbies stay out of the press. It won't affect his draft status.

I don't know much about the other prospects listed, but it's no leap of imagination to think that star college football players are entitled shitheads who don't help other people.

It's not the point if he is right about a prospect, it's that the way he comes to his conclusion is lovely journalism. Like Greg Gabriel said, the dude doesn't even make campus visits. Everything he says is secondary information and his own judgement on these players.

Clowney doesn't take plays off either.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

What a great draft if you need front seven help. This draft is loving stacked in those areas.

Which is great news because that's exactly what Dallas needs! (also the reason I drink myself into a coma when Jerry spends another high pick on a loving tight end)

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Rasczak posted:

Which is great news because that's exactly what Dallas needs! (also the reason I drink myself into a coma when Jerry spends another high pick on a loving tight end)

You'll have to replace Witten someday , trust Jerrah on this.Everything happens for a reason.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So is Dallas going LB, DT or DE at 17?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why not LBGT ? It's 2014 you jerk

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

John Brown posted:

So is Dallas going LB, DT or DE at 17?

I'd prefer DL there, but yeah they need help all over the front 7 and I wouldn't be upset if Mack or Barr fell into their laps

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Long Snapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
i hope its johnny football. gently caress it.

• Locked thread