Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Blue Raider posted:

the thing about morrowind is that you dont need cheats or god mode. that power is written into the game

mate

coc toddtest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

the night dad posted:

Are members of the sixth house considered undead or are they the living mutated by Dago's influence?

That's an interesting question. I do know that Dagoth's lieutenants are called "Ash Vampires" but the books go out of their way to emphasize that they aren't real vampires or undead. So I would go with no, they aren't undead. And they never died, really, so they're probably just living and corrupted.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

tbh uncle sweetshare disturbed me more than anything else in the game. I laughed, then I was kinda creeped out

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Crassius Curio is a creep

no Crassius I will not call you uncle

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Blue Raider posted:

the thing about morrowind is that you dont need cheats or god mode. that power is written into the game

tcl is pretty important unless you like reloading saves.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Monster number one!

The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec: Sermon Twenty

The first monster was actually two, having been born twice like his mother-father, Vivec. He was not the mightiest of the eight to escape Muatra, but his actions were the most worrisome. He was known as Moon Axle, and he harvested the leftovers foibles of nature. This he did twice, as was said, and the second harvest always brought ruin or unwritten law. His aspect was faceted like a polyhedron.

No perils are mentioned in the finding of Moon Axle, but it was known that he was immune to spears, so Vivec had to use the sword not held against him. Before he took issue with the monster, the warrior-poet asked:

'How came you to be immune to spears?'

To which Moon Axle replied, 'Mine is a dual nature, and protean. I am in fact made of many straight lines, though none last too long. In this way I have learned to ignore all true segments.'

Luckily, the sword not held was curved and therefore could cut into Moon Axle, and before the sun was up he was bleeding from many wounds. Vivec did not slay him outright for to do so would to keep the foibles of nature within him and not back where they belonged. Soon Vivec had traced geography right again, and Moon Axle was ready to be slain.

Vivec rose up in his giant-form, to be terrible to look upon. He reached into the west and pulled out a canyon, holding it like a horn. He reached east and ate a handful of nix hounds. Blowing their spirits through the canyon made a terrible wail, not unlike an unsolved woman. He said:

'Let this overtake you,' and Moon Axle was overtaken by the curvatures of stolen souls. They wrapped about the monster like resin, until finally he could not move, nor could his dual nature.

Vivec said, 'Now you are solved,' and pierced his child with Muatra. Moon Axle had been reduced to something static, and therefore shattered.

The lines of Moon Axle were collected by Velothi philosophers and taken into caves. There, and for a year, Vivec taught the philosophers how to turn the lines of his son into the spokes of mystery wheels. This was the birth of the first Whirling School. Before, there had only been the surface thought of fire.

Vivec looked at his first wheeling students and observed:

'Alike the egg-layered universe is this morbid possession of three-distant coverage, soul-wrecked and alive, like my name is alive. In this cloister you have discovered one walking path, hilled like a sword but more coarsened. So edged it is that it has to be whispered to keep the tongue from bleeding, where its signs evacuate their former meanings, like empires that tarry too long.

'The sword is estrangement from statesmanship.

'Look on the estimable lines of my son, now crafted star-wise, his every limb equidistant from the center. Is he solved because I will it so? There cannot be a second stage. Think on the theory that my existence promulgates the five elements and alike the egg-layered universe I am cause for great density. Here is a thought that can break the wagon's axle; here is another that can soar.'

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

PhantomBowie posted:

So this weakness to magika and damage health spell seems to be the way to go? Weakness mag 100-100?

Mysticism as a main skill gives you telekinesis, all your teleports, reflect, spell absorption, and most importantly for early game absorb health. Its surprisingly cheap to cast and there's nothing like spamming it on a monster you have no business beating at level one and just watching your health shoot up like you've been chugging health potions. Destruction is for chumps.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
Is there any way you can get a constant mana regen without cheating?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Crassius Curio is a creep

no Crassius I will not call you uncle

You must kiss him for the sake of all of Tamriel.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SunAndSpring posted:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the night dad posted:

Are members of the sixth house considered undead or are they the living mutated by Dago's influence?

They are not undead, look them up in the construction set.

Okay one of them is, but that may have been a mistake.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Also if you want to rise through the ranks of House Hlaalu you have to strip for him.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Mr. Mallory posted:

Is there any way you can get a constant mana regen without cheating?

Nope, you need mods to have constant mana regeneration.

You can use some exploits to regenerate mana, but it won't be constant.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Judge Bread posted:

This dumb thread has convinced me to waste another 1000 hours of my life on this game.

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."

Disco Infiva posted:

Nope, you need mods to have constant mana regeneration.

You can use some exploits to regenerate mana, but it won't be constant.

Not for a constant effect, but would casting an absorb spell and then a self targeting spell(s) work?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I really did always want to see that thing up and about, smashin' poo poo up and causin' a ruckus. A modern reboot of morrowind where it had a majoras-mask style bad ending, yeah. That'd be rad.

e: fargoth

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

I really did always want to see that thing up and about, smashin' poo poo up and causin' a ruckus. A modern reboot of morrowind where it had a majoras-mask style bad ending, yeah. That'd be rad.

e: fargoth

i was just browsing morrowind pics on imgur and saw that. evidently its the actual size but it seems a bit tall to me. idk, maybe not

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Enchant is a baller skill. Your charges last forever, soul gems refill like a boss, and it's insanely easy to level as a minor. Enchant a ring or whatever with more enchant skill, and congrats you can enchant anything in the game for free.

Also enchant a ring with destruction spells so you can machine gun spam cast it, which you can't do with regular spell casting. Spell schools are worthless, enchant does everything and more with only 1 skill slot.

Dunmer Runeblade 4life

kazr fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 18, 2014

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

And gently caress you, probably going to reinstall this game tomorrow. Spent so much time exploring everything I possibly could and even playing now I will find stuff I never noticed before.

Morrowind: Game of a Lifetime

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Confession time guys

I've played this game for countless hours and never knew about the warehouse key until this thread

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

hailthefish posted:

Is there a mod to fix the whole bloodmoon-ruins-rumors thing?

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=8471

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dr. Lenin posted:

Confession time guys

I've played this game for countless hours and never knew about the warehouse key until this thread

Warehouse key?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

hailthefish posted:

Warehouse key?

The one in the Seyda Neen Census Office.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dr. Lenin posted:

The one in the Seyda Neen Census Office.

Spent a good 400 hours on this game and never found it.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

kazr posted:

Also enchant a ring with destruction spells so you can machine gun spam cast it, which you can't do with regular spell casting. Spell schools are worthless, enchant does everything and more with only 1 skill slot.

Dunmer Runeblade 4life

I installed the code patch that makes enchanted items have a 4 second cooldown, and now it won't uninstall :negative: My absorb health bracer, ruined

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FujNzhs3TE0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the night dad posted:

Undead, there's concept art of Dagoth Ur with a spooky skeleton under the mask

also the Skyrim thread in games is talking about how MK's stuff is too weird and upsetting and they hope he never gets to put any lore in the games ever again lol. The ending of the words is GAMES FORUM

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Anyone who's still posting about skyrim in 2014 must be the most boring fucker alive

quote:

I'd just hate to see any future Elder Scrolls games end up kind of bland generic fantasy (I actually really liked Skyrim and even Oblivion

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i remember when i first bought morrowind, i was violently ill at the time and played the game non-stop, i don't think i've ever played a game as addictive. would spend hours and hours playing, go to bed and wake up again to go right back to it.

Dec 26, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Undead, there's concept art of Dagoth Ur with a spooky skeleton under the mask

also the Skyrim thread in games is talking about how MK's stuff is too weird and upsetting and they hope he never gets to put any lore in the games ever again lol. The ending of the words is GAMES FORUM

i agree, games should not be interesting or evocative in any way

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Morrowind is the best, but Skyrim's pretty fun too, guys.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Morrowind is the best, but Skyrim's pretty fun too, guys.

Skyrim's really not bad at all and it was great to see so many hand-placed set pieces again. But yeah, cruising around Solstheim just makes me miss Morrowind, even though it's p baller DLC on it's own. Nordic armor/weapons look cool as gently caress, werebears, riekling bros, and the best Telvanni wizard in all of Tamriel! :allears:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

get to at least level 10 before shelving this game if youre playing for the first time imo. levels 10 - 20 is when youre flying through dungeons, picking up artifacts, and by like 25 you realize your character is a demigod.

edit: one of the best moments was exploring this giant cave with a maze and tons of other poo poo and on a whim using levitate to go into this high up corner and finding the Daedric Face of God.

kazr fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 18, 2014

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

kazr posted:

get to at least level 10 before shelving this game if youre playing for the first time imo. levels 10 - 20 is when youre flying through dungeons, picking up artifacts, and by like 25 you realize your character is a demigod.

edit: one of the best moments was exploring this giant cave with a maze and tons of other poo poo and on a whim using levitate to go into this high up corner and finding the Daedric Face of God.

One of the best moments in Morrowind was actually exploring anywhere and usually finding something extremely cool for taking the time to do it.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I am playing as a monk for the first time and drat I have never leveled so quickly without trying

just from wandering around punching the local mudcrabs, smugglers, and sovereign citizen murderer psychopath to death, my HTH skill has shot up from the starting 35 to 67

that means I am going to miss out on the 200 gold that Caius gives you if you report to him before level 4, but who gives a poo poo I'm about to dump a bunch of skooma and moon sugar on balmora's khajit population

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

One of the best moments in Morrowind was actually exploring anywhere and usually finding something extremely cool for taking the time to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I've always ignored Caius's advice to go talk to the Blades trainers, because I usually don't have very much money at that point to blow on training and my skills are usually low so they're not really worth spending money on, and also because I know I'll usually be able to find trainers better suited to teach the skills I want at whatever guild or faction I end up joining

I never knew that if you take his advice and go talk to the ones in Balmora and Seyda Neen while you're still a low level, they give you stuff and also useful advice

EG just down the road from Caius's place there's a warrior and healer who are both Blades trainers. The warrior gives you a steel helmet or cuirass, and says if you're not going to use them, you should sell them and save money for advanced training because it's expensive. The healer gives you some moon sugar and tells you to sell it to a Khajit.

• Locked thread