Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

with extra cheese posted:

Oh my god you can buy them as skirts I love it

http://ca.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/made-to-order/country-flags/norway-chevron/norway-chevron-skm.html

I've been looking for a suit. Gonna buy this skirt and the matching blazer

http://ca.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/women/apparel/skorts/crak-sk.html

would wear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

does lisa loeb still make music?

I finally had to look her up on YouTube. That's not really what the guitar is there for.

This, maybe but no, I can't play that.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

here's a cool thing

http://bettylebonbon.bigcartel.com/product/the-book-skirt

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

grapey posted:

Poopkitty, do you get American holidays off?

My husband works for a military contractor and I was shocked he didn't get president's day off. A super patriotic day and they still had to work. I was surprised.

I had yesterday off and so did my government service co-workers. Contracting sucks. :( It was a federal holiday!

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Tonight's been full of laughs. Shout out to the ladies working at the mall for recommending Shameless, good show. :)

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 18, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
My cat is grooming me

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i realize: sticky + itches = stitches

wild rodents aren't worth it. dumb animals i hope you go idiot extinct jerkfaces t:mad:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the west siberia thread in ask/tell is so charming :ussr:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

the west siberia thread in ask/tell is so charming :ussr:

BRB

siberian guy posted:

I is geologist.
:3:

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 18, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
usually i'm immune to russian accent jokes but even i couldn't resist reading "I have a pet. My pet is the hamster." out loud in a dour russian voice

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i love the way that dude forms sentences
my research advisor is russian so i get to hear it every thursday too :3:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Chiba City Blues posted:

i love the way that dude forms sentences
my research advisor is russian so i get to hear it every thursday too :3:
when i first went to the gym, i was shown around by a russian instructor whose english was a lot like that

he was writing down an exercise plan for me and we had the following conversation

"so on monday the jog, on wednesday the arms, on friday the stairs - how to spell stairs?"
"s-t-a-"
"oh yes i have it now"

when i got my plan back

"monday: jog; wednesday: arms; friday: stares"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
speaking of the gym i just went and it was terrible, i could only do like three quarters of my usual workout and almost puked and now my legs feel like beef jerky :( also i farted and it smelt like nail polish

in conclusion, low-carb is a stupid diet for stupids, all pro sexman was right

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
why did you think it would be a good thing to do in the first place?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

glandmine posted:

why did you think it would be a good thing to do in the first place?
i listened to the internet

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Avshalom posted:

when i first went to the gym, i was shown around by a russian instructor whose english was a lot like that

he was writing down an exercise plan for me and we had the following conversation

"so on monday the jog, on wednesday the arms, on friday the stairs - how to spell stairs?"
"s-t-a-"
"oh yes i have it now"

when i got my plan back

"monday: jog; wednesday: arms; friday: stares"

my advisor speaks in like russian english and its really adorable
him saying "ananas, this does not taste like ananas but is ananas on wrapper, what is with the ananas"

ananas=pineapple

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when i was learning russian, one of the other ladies in the class was a professional family mediator and the instructor just couldn't comprehend it, she thought it was the funniest thing ever

"what is mediator?"
"well i go in as a neutral third party to help resolve family disputes"
"what? disputes?"
"like disagreements over wills, things like that"
"people hire you to argue with their families??"
"well you could put it that way"
"what?! why would they hire a person to argue with their family?! that is crazy!"
"it happens a lot"
"crazy!! in russia we love arguing with our family!"

i can confirm this is true

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
i now want to learn Russian. But I simply cannot cram another alphabet into my grey squishy brain.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

We had a lecturer who's English was excellent but once he was trying to tell the class that obv you couldn't pass the test without knowing the material. (Revise you lazy bastards, basically)

"You cannot do it... Unless you know... How to do it!"

He had a lovely soft Chinese accent so the jokes about Confucius were inevitable.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
semi-related - i was looking at photos and i found this picture of two little soviets

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I finally got my copy of Fable: Anniversary and I have to wait for batteries so I can use the controller. It died. :) I'm always a goody two shoes. I can't help it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i had a nap this afternoon and helped ariel sharon save my high school from a plague of cricket players that started out as a perfectly normal number of people playing an ordinary game on the main oval and somehow multiplied until they were everywhere and the entire school grounds was a hell of flying cricket balls and furious outfielders, also i painted anti-cricket propaganda murals featuring angry cartoon cats on all the walls. i went to the dining hall but all they were serving was bread rolls and mashed potato and then i got kicked out because some old lady had a stroke in the kitchen (i think the ghost is trying to work out some issues here)

nowadays i have more fun asleep than i do awake

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm going to collect all these dreams and next time i get drunk i'll post them to d&d and demand that they analyse the socio-political ramifications

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

poopkitty posted:

I finally got my copy of Fable: Anniversary and I have to wait for batteries so I can use the controller. It died. :) I'm always a goody two shoes. I can't help it.

Just beat it! It's great fun. I was a total goodie-goodie, but that allowed me to WRECK poo poo with Divine Fury. I might play it again a an evil dude, but I don't know if I can bear being mean to the people of Albion. They're so charming :3:

Now I don't know what video game to play, literally the only upcoming thing I'm excited about is Dragon Age Inquisition, and that's not out for ages.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

these are some little cuties :3: makes me wanna try painting something but alas I am at work

Avshalom posted:

i had a nap this afternoon and helped ariel sharon save my high school from a plague of cricket players that started out as a perfectly normal number of people playing an ordinary game on the main oval and somehow multiplied until they were everywhere and the entire school grounds was a hell of flying cricket balls and furious outfielders, also i painted anti-cricket propaganda murals featuring angry cartoon cats on all the walls. i went to the dining hall but all they were serving was bread rolls and mashed potato and then i got kicked out because some old lady had a stroke in the kitchen (i think the ghost is trying to work out some issues here)

nowadays i have more fun asleep than i do awake
to be fair I think that's how most cricket matches go

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
crossposting form noighte crew

bronies are the future

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Portals posted:

apologies to the people in the thread who know how to draw and anything about powertools

where is this going down?

Awwwwwww yeh

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Putty posted:

bronies are the future
ladies and gentlemen, the element of kindness

oh yeah Portals your catte picture is neat :)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wtf i missed this, handycat rocks

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Putty posted:

bronies are the future

I hope someone passed this to the police. And I hope that guy catches fire.

Handycat is awesome. Can he come do my driveway?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

:stare: I learned a new acronym today. And it's so early.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Gorgar posted:

Two cats and a guitar.

That is a nice couch I would sit on that couch and give the cattes a patte on the head. I am allergic to kitties though so please tell them not to get all up in my face.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shannonmcn posted:

I hope someone passed this to the police. And I hope that guy catches fire.

Handycat is awesome. Can he come do my driveway?
how about we send handycat after that guy

i'd say "with his jackhammer" but tbh i think an unarmed cat in a state of righteous fury could probably demolish a brony

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Avshalom posted:

You know I'm not one to wish horrible things on strangers, but some people need to be taught lessons in a language they understand.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

I made calzones for dinner last night, and it was shockingly easy. Just unroll a can of premade pizza dough, toss ingredients on one half, fold over the other, flatten the seam with a fork, and bake at 400F for fifteen minutes. I made one with barbeque, hot sauce, and cheddar, and one with Masala sauce, both with leftover chicken. Both turned out fantastic. :D The curry calzone was risky, but I'm so glad it paid off, poo poo owned.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Avshalom posted:

i'd say "with his jackhammer" but tbh i think an unarmed cat in a state of righteous fury could probably demolish a brony

Are cats even opposed to rape? Like, do they even understand the possibility? If a lady cat is in heat she really really wants to have sex. If she isn't in heat, she won't have sex and the Tom's don't even try.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

There was a cat in our neighbourhood who was obviously not spayed. We didn't know she was feral at the time so I just used to let her chill in the kitchen if there was a tomcat about. I thought she'd be glad of the escape since all catsex is rapey but she just went out and preened herself in front of him on purpose, the Jezebel. Tomcat Rights Activists would have a field day.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
that guy would in all likelihood destroy any housecat just by kicking it enough times assuming it didn't run away. sorry to burst your bubble

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Avshalom posted:

speaking of the gym i just went and it was terrible, i could only do like three quarters of my usual workout and almost puked and now my legs feel like beef jerky :( also i farted and it smelt like nail polish

in conclusion, low-carb is a stupid diet for stupids, all pro sexman was right

Well, depends on what you're eating now instead of carbs, and what you were eating before, but most 'diets' as such are pretty dumb. However Western and first world diets are generally really high in carbs for the lives people lead. Most people don't really spend all day doing lots of agricultural labour or other serious physical work that requires ready access to the kind of quick energy carbs provide the body, and most carb intake is from really sugary or highly processed foods that give you little nutritional benefit. Carbs do have a primary function, and the majority of people really don't need that many.

Plus, the body does take awhile to get used to change. If you radically alter your diet or cut out/reduce something that was a staple ingredient of what you have spent your life eating, you are going to feel like crap. I don't know what you are eating now, so the diet might be terrible - I think most 'diets' usually are terrible, but Western diets do tend to be really carb heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

The nail polish farts reminded me: How do you best store nail polish so that nail polish smell is most reduced and least offensive? Because it's godawful, and migraine-inducing.

• Locked thread