Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LoonShia posted:

About five minutes after I've started playing, MO complains about skyrim.nexusmods.com/1330 being wrong somehow. Then I play another hour and a half, then CTD. No matter where I am or what I'm doing. Halp.

Edit: Am on phone, cannot post load order.

The first part is probably: go into MO setup, change "NMM Version" to 0.47.1

The second sounds like a memory cap issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Is there a mod to make leveled items automatically grow with you? I recall that I used to use the D13(I think?) exp hammer mod, but it's kind of tedious to make the hammer for each item every time you want to level up. I tried searching on the nexus and either there isn't a mod that does this or i'm dumb at searching.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Agents are GO! posted:

Alright folks, Ive Lootified version 7 of Immersive Armors!

To get this to work, you'll need to delete the old Lootification of IA in Lootification.xml and replace it with this. (I couldn't get it to work without doing that.)

Also, as I know Hoth reads this thread, and I say this with the utmost respect and gratitude for this awesome mod, gently caress each and every one of your 400+ shields.

(I had to remember Turbo Pascal eventually to alter a script to export EDID as opposed to Names, so I could speed that process along. Seriously, gently caress those shields. If I never read the word "Triskele" again I will be a happy man.)

Fake Edit: it was at IAShieldOvalSplintHeavyBlueGreenYellowTriquetra where I realized Hoth hated me, personally.

Trying this now, thank you.

I would also like to know if there was a mod that took popular armor mods and distributed them into the world like morrowloot instead of having a barrel near the beginning of the game full of overpowered equipment.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Well, that didn't take as long as I had feared.

Crime Bounty Decay, the boringly-titled thing I just talked about a bit ago. Makes your bounty go down over time if you keep your head down and stay out of the area. Pretty simple stuff. The first real mod I've made for skyrim, too.

edit: Apparently you can block specific users from downloading your files on the nexus? That's...weird.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 18, 2014

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
"If you don't like it then don't click it FOREVER!"

User's post has been deleted by author

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mortimer posted:

You shouldn't update all of your mods and suddenly expect your old saves to work, if that's what you're wondering.

I.. what? That has nothing to do with the question I asked. Fresh run, not an old save. I can't smelt higher end metals like Steel, Quicksilver, Corundum, Malachite, Ebony, etc. Don't know why.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

New Leaf posted:

I.. what? That has nothing to do with the question I asked. Fresh run, not an old save. I can't smelt higher end metals like Steel, Quicksilver, Corundum, Malachite, Ebony, etc. Don't know why.

Do you have the perks needed to do this?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Do you have the perks needed to do this?

I didn't think you needed a perk to smelt. At least, you don't in vanilla. If that is the case, it isn't indicated by any tool tip I can see under the Smithing tree, which is why I was asking. If it is a known mod thing, I can live with it, I just figured someone would know off hand so I don't have to read a half dozen Read Me files.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

The Mad Archivist posted:

It was a thought, anyway. I just think we need something to compete with Nexus that serves mods in the same fashion, if only to break the monopoly and force them to be less intolerable. Curse just seems to be the only other major-league presence with the size and clout to do that.

In other news I've released Anska Enhanced, which turns the tomb-raiding genealogist you probably never knew existed into a full follower, complete with travel commentary.*

*shamelessly cribbed from Mjoll

This is loving awesome and you should keep making these.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

New Leaf posted:

I didn't think you needed a perk to smelt. At least, you don't in vanilla. If that is the case, it isn't indicated by any tool tip I can see under the Smithing tree, which is why I was asking. If it is a known mod thing, I can live with it, I just figured someone would know off hand so I don't have to read a half dozen Read Me files.
Just FYI, but rather than ask around for help that people probably can't give you, and instead of poring through half a dozen readme files, you could use that time instead to:

• Download TES5Edit.
  • Learn just the most basic things it does, which is all you'll need for the next part.
  • Load up all your mods in it, search for the smelter recipes (they'll be under "Constructable Objects"), and see what's adding conditions on the records for yourself. No guessing, no hearsay.

Unless you only use a handful of mods, not knowing basic TES5Edit stuff is just asking for trouble. You will save yourself lots of time troubleshooting and asking for advice, which even if you get it might be wrong.

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Alright folks, Ive Lootified version 7 of Immersive Armors!

To get this to work, you'll need to delete the old Lootification of IA in Lootification.xml and replace it with this. (I couldn't get it to work without doing that.)

Also, as I know Hoth reads this thread, and I say this with the utmost respect and gratitude for this awesome mod, gently caress each and every one of your 400+ shields.

(I had to remember Turbo Pascal eventually to alter a script to export EDID as opposed to Names, so I could speed that process along. Seriously, gently caress those shields. If I never read the word "Triskele" again I will be a happy man.)

Fake Edit: it was at IAShieldOvalSplintHeavyBlueGreenYellowTriquetra where I realized Hoth hated me, personally.

<3

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kilroy posted:

Just FYI, but rather than ask around for help that people probably can't give you, and instead of poring through half a dozen readme files, you could use that time instead to:

• Download TES5Edit.
  • Learn just the most basic things it does, which is all you'll need for the next part.
  • Load up all your mods in it, search for the smelter recipes (they'll be under "Constructable Objects"), and see what's adding conditions on the records for yourself. No guessing, no hearsay.

Unless you only use a handful of mods, not knowing basic TES5Edit stuff is just asking for trouble. You will save yourself lots of time troubleshooting and asking for advice, which even if you get it might be wrong.

I'm starting to see that.. Thanks anyway, guess I'll just live with it. Sometimes modding this game is way more effort than it is worth. My sincere hope was that someone was familiar enough with one of the mods I mentioned so they could say "Oh yeah, X mod fucks with smelting" and I wouldn't have to fiddle with yet another program just to play a video game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I'm starting to see that.. Thanks anyway, guess I'll just live with it. Sometimes modding this game is way more effort than it is worth. My sincere hope was that someone was familiar enough with one of the mods I mentioned so they could say "Oh yeah, X mod fucks with smelting" and I wouldn't have to fiddle with yet another program just to play a video game.

You're fiddling with far more things to play it already. Have you looked at the mod descriptions or list of changes? Have you actually tested getting the perks for the materials in question before you say "welp it's broken"? If you're not willing to learn TES5Edit, then you are only crippling yourself.

You didn't even post a load order :smith:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

New Leaf posted:

You're not modding a game, modding is the game.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is there some special incantation required to get the Community Uncapper working? I installed it to install SPERG, but MO is flagging it with some sort of error and SPERG is giving me a perk every level so I don't think it's working.

Also SPERG seems to break brawling for me, is that a known issue? I don't think I have any other mods that touch brawling apart from USKP.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Agents are GO! posted:

You're not modding a game, modding is the game.

~~~~ CHIM~~~

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Entropic posted:

Is there some special incantation required to get the Community Uncapper working? I installed it to install SPERG, but MO is flagging it with some sort of error and SPERG is giving me a perk every level so I don't think it's working.

Also SPERG seems to break brawling for me, is that a known issue? I don't think I have any other mods that touch brawling apart from USKP.

If you're installing through MO, I think what happens there is that since MO keeps mods "separated", SPERG is not able to modify the uncapper's .ini. Just modify it manually from MO and that should do the trick (right click, information, ini files).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mortimer posted:

You're fiddling with far more things to play it already. Have you looked at the mod descriptions or list of changes? Have you actually tested getting the perks for the materials in question before you say "welp it's broken"? If you're not willing to learn TES5Edit, then you are only crippling yourself.

You didn't even post a load order :smith:

Meh, unless it cripples the game entirely, I don't care about load order. It runs smooth as silk as it is, only one minor crash to desktop in 20 levels. I gave a poo poo last year when I was playing it with mods, but now I'm only doing it to kill some time and have fun. If not being able to smelt some things is my only problem, then I'll live- all I was looking for was a quick fix if someone knew of one, not hours of homework. I'll just console command in a bunch of Steel Bars. Problem solved! :toot:

Burns
May 10, 2008

Pray tell, what is the point of thieving in this game when no one has anything worth stealing?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Burns posted:

Pray tell, what is the point of thieving in this game when no one has anything worth stealing?

They usually carry it on them (Use pickpocket.)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Burns posted:

Morrowloot fixes that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Burns posted:

Check the vendor stalls in Riften, they've got some pretty decent stuff locked away.

Edit: Also, it isn't about quality, it's about VOLUME. You gotta think smaller, man- take all their cabbages and ceramic pots and wooden plates. It's free money!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Burns posted:

Delphine, back in Riverwood. Free elven dagger at level 1.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Scyantific posted:

Morrowloot fixes that.

So, how is Morrowloot for a playthrough? I'm thinking about doing Morrowloot + Immersive Armours + Lootify, would that make sense, or would it screw with IA?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, how is Morrowloot for a playthrough? I'm thinking about doing Morrowloot + Immersive Armours + Lootify, would that make sense, or would it screw with IA?

Lootification follows whatever levelled lists laid down by your mods, so it'd work fine. If you're using IA7, be sure to use my new IA lootification because the default one won't do anything.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Agents are GO! posted:

Lootification follows whatever levelled lists laid down by your mods, so it'd work fine. If you're using IA7, be sure to use my new IA lootification because the default one won't do anything.

Yeah, I'm checking the installation guide you left a few pages back and verifying my merged/bashed patches, I don't think I ever got them running correctly.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gyshall posted:

This is loving awesome and you should keep making these.

Thanks man. I took a look at a tutorial for making a custom-voiced NPC last night, as well as the dialogue for the condescending voicetype, and I definitely think I could make a go of the full Nazeem follower. You will laugh, you will cry, you will contemplate even more creative ways to kill Nazeem.

New Leaf posted:

Check the vendor stalls in Riften, they've got some pretty decent stuff locked away.

Edit: Also, it isn't about quality, it's about VOLUME. You gotta think smaller, man- take all their cabbages and ceramic pots and wooden plates. It's free money!

That's the spirit. Somehow my mix of mods seems to make virtually anything able to break down without trying, so my method is to abscond with the wooden plates, then convert them into unstolen firewood, then turn that firewood into crossbow bolts and arrows. From useless, stolen static to death facilitator!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wish there was an actual mod that did something interesting with stolen loot flags (other than the console command to make merchants not care). Morrowind was cool because why would merchants know that specific cabbage was stolen. Unless they were missing cabbage, in which case they put two and two together and call the guards if you sell cabbage to them.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Is there a mod that overhauls crime realistically? I see a few on the nexus but have no experience with them and hoped someone else might. (Reneer's and Realistic)

I like the bounty decay from this thread but I'd also prefer a horse not to report me for murder. :v:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Something you might want to look at: it looks like you included the armour variants of IA7's Tribunal robes as "mage armour". I started a new character, and still at level 1, blundered into a bandit fort and found a corpse wearing a 58-rated set of heavy Tribunal armour worth something like 1500. Looks like everything else is good though.

Mortimer posted:

I wish there was an actual mod that did something interesting with stolen loot flags (other than the console command to make merchants not care). Morrowind was cool because why would merchants know that specific cabbage was stolen. Unless they were missing cabbage, in which case they put two and two together and call the guards if you sell cabbage to them.
This would be great if it somehow managed to keep fences worthwhile.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
drat, I have a lot of texture packs. I'm ordering everything on the left hand panel in MO copying the order BOSS sets the .esm files on the right, but it doesn't help with the textures. :negative:

/edit: Huh, how do I sort a mod when it has multiple .esps and those esp have different load orders? For example, I'm getting some of the Better Quest Objectives .esp before Thieves Guild Requirements, and some after, but the mods themselves are a single entry.

/edit: VVVVVVVVVVV No, but a lot of them have conflicting textures (snow comes to mind).

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 18, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

drat, I have a lot of texture packs. I'm ordering everything on the left hand panel in MO copying the order BOSS sets the .esm files on the right, but it doesn't help with the textures. :negative:

Most texture packs shouldn't have esm's.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

I would suggest getting Morrowloot 4E Edition, as it's a more updated version and comes with patches for both Heavy Armory and Insanity's Lore Weapon Expansion.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I can't get FNIS (GenerateFNISforUsers.exe) working from inside of Mod Organizer, even when I run Mod Organizer as Administrator. I am able to run FNIS from Windows Explorer normally, but of course it can't see my virtual data directory.

The error message is:
"This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?"

When I select "Yes", it takes me to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2715633. I enabled .NET 3.5, but still no luck. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Edit: I figured it out. I had to have the mod selected in the left-hand pane.

Ynglaur fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 19, 2014

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Luceo posted:

Is there a mod that overhauls crime realistically? I see a few on the nexus but have no experience with them and hoped someone else might. (Reneer's and Realistic)

I like the bounty decay from this thread but I'd also prefer a horse not to report me for murder. :v:

What's worse is, the horse reported you for murder telepathically. :aaa:

That's the one thing I never got about the crime system in this game. You break in to a house in the middle of the wilderness and get caught, the people inside start yelling for guards, and for some loving reason, they always show up! How the hell did you hear them? There's no goddamn way you just happened to be walking by. And you instantly know what I have that is stolen and what isn't? Are you psychic?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Remind me of the old bug where chickens would report you if they 'witnessed' a crime. Yeah, it's hilarious, but that's no excuse not to fix it. It's also dumb as hell. Especially when you're in the middle of a MY IMMERSION playthrough. :bethesda: I guess.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Scyantific posted:

I would suggest getting Morrowloot 4E Edition, as it's a more updated version and comes with patches for both Heavy Armory and Insanity's Lore Weapon Expansion.

Ah, crap, it requires the DLC. :(

/edit: VVVVVVVV yeah, I have it here, I'll give it a go now.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 18, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ah, crap, it requires the DLC. :(

In that case, just use the vanilla Morrowloot. That mod page should have it linked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mammal Sauce posted:

Something you might want to look at: it looks like you included the armour variants of IA7's Tribunal robes as "mage armour". I started a new character, and still at level 1, blundered into a bandit fort and found a corpse wearing a 58-rated set of heavy Tribunal armour worth something like 1500. Looks like everything else is good though.

D'oh. I'll go through it again when I get home from work

I blame the shields. All 400+ of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ynglaur posted:

Does Arthmoor sleep with one of the mods on Nexus or something? Sheesh.
No but from the looks of it he probably sleeps with a CPAP machine and needs help getting out of bed in the morning.

• Locked thread