Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Xenaero posted:

Um, I kinda think it's honestly hard to tell from some brief gifs, but it's much more informative to download the demos linked and watch those, which is why they were posted.

The erratic mouse behavior is giving me a headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Xenaero posted:

Um, I kinda think it's honestly hard to tell from some brief gifs, but it's much more informative to download the demos linked and watch those, which is why they were posted.

Yeah those gifs aren't really useful without demos for context

roboblart
Sep 10, 2012

The Flying Fish posted:

this thread has a lot of cool posts

Hey man, I take my casual pugs very seriously.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is this supposed to be walling? I'm legitimately asking, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the second picture. Is it just odd that he's looking left without looking towards where an enemy would be coming from, instead centering his view on where the CT's are (through the wall)?

Frankly, ignore the gifs at this point. I posted them as really quick "lesser damning pieces of evidence". I am sorry it seemed unprofessional for a CS:GO server to post just those. At this moment I am working 50+ hours weeks with an hour long transit each way. When I get the time I will look over the demos and post some timestamps and examples. I don't want this to be a dumb thing. If you have have further questions the best option would be to go to the official Buttmen thread and look at this post.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Instead of being angry about CS can't we all just be depressed and self-loathing about it like healthy people

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
After getting in some MM practice and finally getting my rank (Silver II, I'm surprised it's not Silver I) I joined the last goonpug, was dead last on the scoreboard again, but managed to get nine kills (previous record: three.) I call that a good day.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Watched the demos, dude plays weird but I don't think he's hacking even a little bit.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Watched the demos, dude plays weird but I don't think he's hacking even a little bit.

I just got done watching the two demos posted in this thread, and the demo where he was banned. The calls he was making with no visual/audio info, the way he was aiming (he's typically looking at the ground, holding an angle in a nonsensical spot with convenient snaps to enemies the moment they appear on screen, a few times he even snaps to them when they're off screen), the aforementioned erratic mouse behavior (it's like he has no control over his mouse or is having a seizure at times while holding it), and the way he seemingly locks onto to enemy players for brief moments through walls are pretty good indicators of hacking. I've been playing since 1.3 and I've seen a decent amount of demos where players are hacking. The poo poo he was pulling was pretty obvious. In another demo, he also casually brought up buying alt account for CS:GO and hacking. So... yeah.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Looks like a guy with high sense and fast reaction times but terrible inconsistent aim. Like he misses 2 shots in a row with his mag7 many times in that nuke demo. Would never in a million years accuse this guy of hacking. How can a hacker be poo poo like this guy? I only watched the nuke demo and he doesn't do weird lockons through walls in that one.

If you have like 1/360 sense your aim would be all over the place like this guy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

Looks like a guy with high sense and fast reaction times but terrible inconsistent aim. Like he misses 2 shots in a row with his mag7 many times in that nuke demo. Would never in a million years accuse this guy of hacking. How can a hacker be poo poo like this guy? I only watched the nuke demo and he doesn't do weird lockons through walls in that one.

If you have like 1/360 sense your aim would be all over the place like this guy.

You can still post lovely scores if you hack, hth. And the mouse moving all over the place isn't due to high sensitivity. I've never seen players who I know play with high sensitivity move their mouse around like how the guy did in the demos, either while moving or standing still; it's not normal.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I move that we investigate known Euros carl and kcer due to antisocial "behaviour" and other personality traits associated with cheaters

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
So his aim is poo poo so he is not aimbotting. But he also gets flanked a bunch and that means that he is wallhacking??
If this guy is using wallhack I would never be able to tell if I was playing against him because he never wallbangs and he never does sick reads/preaims in weird spots.

Lets say this guy turns off his wallhack: what would the difference in his play be?

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

a slime posted:

I move that we investigate known Euros carl and kcer due to antisocial "behaviour" and other personality traits associated with cheaters

I formally accuse them of lag-shield hacking. I'm serious.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

a slime posted:

Me, Carl

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

Slaapaav posted:

Wall hacks are an easy way to do better while still having poo poo aim. I've watched plenty of people wallhack, and there are a ton of red flags in that nuke demo. Here's a simple and seemingly innocuous action that is completely damning: looking at the wall to radio from inside ramp room. Replay a few demos of regular people playing inside ramp. Then try to find a single one where they consistently look at that wall while running through ramp room. Literally the only people I have seen do this are wallers. It's a simple but non-obvious behavior that masks a waller, since they look like they are just vaguely running toward that inside corner.

Walls hacks are also easier to get away with than aimbots. It's easy to turn it on for a few rounds a match just to get a small advantage and win.

IT BEGINS fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 18, 2014

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

carl is cuter but I will not let this affect my judgement

drat you cute carl

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
#freepengy :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This is even worse than spontaneous augism from few pages ago as it is unfun to post about for everyone involved.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I watched about half of each demo. I saw a few things which I might call suspicious(like happening to push at the right times, or turning around and watching a flank at the right time), but nothing I'd call conclusive. I think you can find suspicious activity with most decent players too. Hell, I remember in css being accused of hacking, being handed a demo of myself and thinking "Wow, that does look suspicious".

I also think it is possible to hack and look less suspicious than someone who doesn't hack. All it takes is a little bit of discipline in what information you act on. If this person was hacking, then he certainly didn't act on a LOT of information he would have had. It can be hard to differentiate between knowing where someone is, and making decent guesses based on where someone could have gone since they were last seem.

My opinion doesn't really matter, I just feel like putting my 2 cents in anyways. I think he could be hacking, and could be legit, but it could go either way and I don't think there was enough evidence from what I watched.

But I was always one to err on the side of not-guilty if I couldn't solidly prove it. Then again, someone said he admitted to hacking on alt accounts? Definitely something that would make me more suspicious, and less sympathetic to him being banned.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kcer posted:

#freepengy :(

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Obviously I'm his friend so I'm going to stick up for him. That said I'm kind of surprised that this has turned into such a huge thing, I didn't expect other people to stick up for him and I'm kinda grateful for that when the evidence can look pretty damning at times.

So let me give you a backstory on me and Zach. I've known him for a few years now and we play a lot of games together, and csgo is just the latest of those. When I gave up on MM, he kinda dragged me back into it, played with me and tried (and failed) to carry me out of gold nova and we both got tired of dealing with the rank gap between his elite and my nova generally putting us with a team of players barely better than me VS a team of players only slightly worse than him.
He started to ask me about the passworded server I was in a lot, I showed him some of the Fat Lou vids, he liked them and asked if he could play. I'd heard other people in the server before talking about having a buddy in or mentioning they were a friend of goon X so I figured it was cool. I first gave him the server password about 2 months ago and although he doesn't exactly play every night, for the most part he's been participating occasionally and getting along with most people both with me and when I'm not around as well.

He's mentioned to me a few times that he thinks I play goonpugs too much, that the level is too low and I won't learn things and improve by playing against the same people all the time. Maybe as a tangent of that, I don't often see him playing and buying seriously when he plays goonmans - he fucks around and does a lot of dumb poo poo just like he does when he plays with me in MM against novas. I told him a few times that would piss off some people but he doesn't really care. And for the record I don't think he's massively upset at being banned from the server, he spends most of his time playing MM or pugs with another group of friends who are actually at his level. So I don't even know if a big debate about it is necessary when I don't even know if he wants to come back to the server again.

This isn't really me defending him, more a character reference for people wondering exactly who this guy is and how he got here. I've known him for a long time and he frankly just doesn't care enough to cheat at these kinda games. But obviously I can't offer any absolute hard evidence that he isn't a hacker, so I'm not really going to join in with this debate despite me being the "cause" of it. He's my friend, if he gets unbanned and we can goonpug together again that'd be cool, if he doesn't then I'll probably buy him a smurf account next time csgo is on sale and we'll go back to loving around in MM. What I'm more concerned about right now is inter-goon drama kicking off because of someone I invited to the server and I'd really like it if everyone could just cool off for now because this makes me feel real lovely.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I can finally start playing some goonman again now that I have a headset that doesn't decide to swap left and right audio channels whenever it wants

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Maybe if your friend wouldn't "pretend to be bad" at counterstrike or whatever he is doing while playing goonmans people wouldn't be suspicious when he does random poo poo that is mostly suspicious because it is coming from a really garbage player

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Popehoist posted:

we both got tired of dealing with the rank gap between his elite and my nova
If that guy is Global Elite then he toggles like a mfer because everything about his movement, xhair placement and general gamesense is trash.

hello internet posted:

I can finally start playing some goonman again now that I have a headset that doesn't decide to swap left and right audio channels whenever it wants
I once put my headphones on backwards on accident and played a few rounds of CS, I can understand not wanting to play like that. :stare:

vvv ah you're probably right, forgot about that one!

mcvey fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 18, 2014

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

mcvey posted:

If that guy is Global Elite then he toggles like a mfer because everything about his movement, xhair placement and general gamesense is trash.

I once put my headphones on backwards on accident and played a few rounds of CS, I can understand not wanting to play like that. :stare:

There's another elite rank: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/1117158766046342923/31403BEFD00407DF9D16EBDDE500EB7FE32E18B3/ in fact, one I would firmly place a player of his caliber in

Not to stop the witch hunt or anything

astr0man posted:

Obviously pengy actually meant the guy is silver elite :v:

gently caress how I could I not see the third one! edit. Holy poo poo, there are four.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 18, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Obviously pengy actually meant the guy is silver elite :v:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Yeah sorry for not being specific, last time we MMed he was master guardian elite.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Valve really likes to throw the word 'elite' around, eh?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

mcvey posted:

Valve really likes to throw the word 'elite' around, eh?

I think they established that the minute they named the dualies.

mcvey posted:

Master Guardian Elite as l337 kr3w on de_lite rocking the elites.

Honestly it would have been the perfect time for someone to break the naming convention, tell everyone to get hosed and name his map d_elite

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 18, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Master Guardian Elite as l337 kr3w on de_lite rocking the elites.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There actually is a real world Beretta Elite, except it's a BB gun http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-elite-ii-black/

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
It would explain the damage they do :v:

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

mcvey posted:

It's even worse when it swaps itself every 5-10 min and you can't decide whether to trust it or not

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Popehoist posted:

Yeah sorry for not being specific, last time we MMed he was master guardian elite.

I'm master guardian elite and I'm bad.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
With all the people in this thread saying they watched the demo and didn't see anything suspicious, I suddenly feel considerably less secure with the Overwatch system.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Coleman posted:

With all the people in this thread saying they watched the demo and didn't see anything suspicious, I suddenly feel considerably less secure with the Overwatch system.

I watched it and wouldn't convict based on the demo. He has a lot of really weird habits and he's definitely not running it 100% of the time because he does miss obvious poo poo.

The most damning evidence is that he's master guardian elite. He aims at the ground a ton, he doesn't check corners, when he's holding a position he looks at the wall where the enemy will be coming rather than the space they could be shot at. His short time on inferno he looked terrible with the AK, virtually never aiming for the head. He looks like a nova player with good situational awareness (???) and decent spray control.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Coleman posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Seriously

Not saying it's not suspicious, just that if you look through demos with xrays on you can find "suspicious" for everyone.

Bashez posted:

The dude also brings up hacking repeatedly and even says he's hacking. Pretty solid evidence all told.

Yeah I'm not saying he isn't hacking, just that it's really easy to turn xrays on and see suspicious things if you're looking for them, which a lot of people are doing.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Is there a way to watch replays past the last day or so? I've got a replay from the a couple days ago I'd like to review but it's scrolled off the list on the Watch tab, and I can't seem to find anything on steamcommunity about downloading anything not on that page.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
One thing i would say about myself is that im all about hacking and counter-strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

down with slavery posted:

Not saying it's not suspicious, just that if you look through demos with xrays on you can find "suspicious" for everyone.

The dude also brings up hacking repeatedly and even says he's hacking. Pretty solid evidence all told.

• Locked thread