Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
pro: you can get a girlfriend in morrowind

Cons: she's damaged goods and now you're a furry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cantorsdust posted:

this is why you go with grassius curio instead :pervert:

Dec 26, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

true to life

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alright I shouldn't plug Skyrim in here but if you have it installed and need to piss away time a goon made a hilarious mod for it:

The Mad Archivist posted:

That's Dawnguard. I can't say for sure but it looks like whatever script is controlling the first cultist ambush is stuck for some reason.

Also, I made a thing. DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO TALOS :unsmigghh:

Long story short he took the crazy preacher in Whiterun and turned him into a potential follower who still does his shouty preaching while following you around and beating the poo poo out of things with a mace.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 18, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shoehead posted:

I have a lot of nostalgia stored up for Morrowind's music, but thanks to that one Lilacore mod I also have the same nostalgia for the Conan score. :black101:
Hahaha, yes. I had that Conan score burned into my head for years before I finally watched Conan the Barbarian and was filled with the weirdest sense of nostalgia throughout watching it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

morrowind taught me never to pick poo poo up for people because there might be an invisible dude nearby wanting to beef

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
^^^^^
fav picture of dagoth ur, thank you for this

Blue Raider posted:

morrowind taught me never to pick poo poo up for people because there might be an invisible dude nearby wanting to beef

always pick poo poo up for people to lure out beef-havers so you can murder them and steal their powers

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
A video was posted somewhere in this thread but I cant find it back, its the video of someone walking around morrowind to dupstep and i believe swag spins in from off camera onto the guys crotch? Please tell me this wasn't just a fever dream

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

If you see someone alone standing by the road, better ready your weapons because you are about to be asked for a payment to continue forward.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

reading this thread thinking "man, I loved Morrowind and I'm glad I beat it a hair over a decade ago, but these fuckers aren't going to make me reinstall" and then remembered I haven't beaten Tribunal or Bloodmoon, gently caress.

random thoughts:

I can understand someone not liking Morrowind if they played Oblivion or Skyrim first (or really any major decent 3d RPG in the last five years), but I started with Daggerfall in '99 and I remembered shortly after getting that seeing the concept screenshots for MW and going :aaaaa: My PC at MW's release was poo poo so I played it on and off for six months on the Xbox. I remember beating the game the day after Christmas, going online and saying "what's all this mod stuff" and went out the next day, bought a baller PC and a PC copy of the game (and jesus, I bought it again on Steam a few years back. MW is the only game I've ever triple-dipped).

I think MW is the "best" TES game because it's the middle point between the awesome crazy detail/character customization/epic continent-spanning scope of the earlier games without the early ones' 5 million square miles of badly randomly generated shite and crap controls/UI and Oblivion/Skyrim's modern presentation (graphics, music) without the extreme mechanics loss (less skills, no-brainer combat, no spell creation in Skyrim, etc.) and cookie-cutter content (dungeons, etc.) MW had ways for you to fast travel that made sense and didn't trivialize the game. You could use the loving paper map that game with the game to navigate 95 percent of the game. The attention to detail was amazing, and the game world was awesome, even if the bugs and other poo poo in the game took it down a few notches.

the game wasn't perfect but it was drat fun.

I think I put about 50 hours into Oblivion before I said gently caress it, I wanted to like it but it was not good.

Daggerfall can be fun but holy poo poo you really need to enable the cheatmode so when the random quest/dungeon generator fucks you over you can just warp around to finish objectives and kill poo poo. Daggerfall can be fun though, the noise the skeletons make still haunts me and of course VENGEAAAAAANCE (Daggerfall was also awesome because you learned to remember what the monster sounds were because they would gently caress you up if you weren't ready).

I need to seriously play Arena at some point because I am a glutton for punishment.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnNRMmHCFo

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRTUReLBWHA

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That plus this one's melody equals Morrowind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9SGBrgFDl0

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
I dont got the patience to play this game anymore but you're drat right I read every single post in this thread

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I'm supposed to work on my photography portfolio tonight so I can get a potential job but nah forget it, yo homes to Balmora

:getin:

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

That plus this one's melody equals Morrowind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9SGBrgFDl0

this is the best song from daggerfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8EaL1Zm6w

i still hum it to myself occasionally.

man, i played the poo poo out of that buggy mess of a game

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this really needs this music starting at 45 seconds:catdrugs:

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

I remember spending my days glitch-killing Ordinators with a bow and selling their armor to "The Creeper," ad infinitum. Then I would train all the badass skills I wanted, get Disintegrate Armor and torch Deviath Fyr with it, pickpocket the broken Daedric armor, and then actually start playing.

I wish I had played on PC.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Mr. Mallory posted:

this is the best song from daggerfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8EaL1Zm6w

i still hum it to myself occasionally.

man, i played the poo poo out of that buggy mess of a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goJD_f0YnsU

drat it why is all of the music on youtube remastered versions, they all miss the little "wail" effect that is best represented here. I had a lovely sound card so this is what it sounded like for me.

One of my favorite MW mods was one that put DF's music in MW.

fake edit haha this is it: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=1876

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Cantorsdust posted:

MCP makes a backup of the exe. Just replace your patched exe with the original and run MCP again.

No. There is no hope for us.

Seriously I tried and it still happens for some reason, even though I've definitely deselected it. I can't be arsed to reinstall over it, but it really does put a dent in my plans to kill that Golden Saint.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

bronin posted:

As far as I know English mods were incompatible with the German version of Morrowind for the most part because they not only translated the item and location names but also the cell names itself. So when a mod says add "x" to this cell the German version basically says "uh what?"

"Texture only" mods work I think, so I don't know about Morrowind overhaul.

Awesome thanks. I'm probably going to go this route then. I might just hand-install some texture mods.

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~

Cantorsdust posted:

Ahnassi was sweet, as a kid I didn't even know she had a problem :3:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone got this running on OSX Mavericks? Gimme da deets

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Why would you ever play video games on a Mac? It's like trying to light a fire with your dick. Like, you're just dragging your penis all around that fire wood and you're yelling, "Oh god dammit, why isn't this working? Guys, help me find a way to make this fire start with my genitals."

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
I love when mac users post these kinds of questions.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morrowind is worth the hassle. I have a Win7 laptop I could play it on but I'd prefer to have it on my main machine

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I'm gonna put all this music on my iPod and be questing everywhere I go :3:

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 19, 2014

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Raider posted:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

One of the key texts to understanding Kirkbride's symbology: the connection between wheels, representing creation, and wheels turned on their side, symbolizing "I". Thus, we see the connection between creation and self-awareness.

The Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec: Sermon Twenty-One

The Scripture of the Wheel, First:

'The Spokes are the eight components of chaos, as yet solidified by the law of time: static change, if you will, something the lizard gods refer to as the Striking. That is the reptile wheel, coiled potential, ever-preamble to the never-action.'

Second:

'They are the lent bones of the Aedra, the Eight gift-limbs to SITHISIT, the wet earth of the new star our home. Outside them is the Aurbis, and not within. Like most things inexplicable, it is a circle. Circles are confused serpents, striking and striking and never given leave to bite. The Aedra would have you believe different, but they were givers before liars. Lies have turned them into biters. Their teeth are the proselytizers; to convert is to place oneself in the mouth of falsehood; even to propitiate is to be swallowed. '

Third:

'The enlightened are those uneaten by the world.'

Fourth:

'The spaces between the gift-limbs number sixteen, the signal shapes of the Demon Princedoms. It is the key and the lock, series and manticore.'

Fifth:

'Look at the majesty sideways and all you see is the Tower, which our ancestors made idols from. Look at its center and all you see is the begotten hole, second serpent, womb-ready for the Right Reaching, exact and without enchantment.'

Sixth:

'The heart of the second serpent holds the secret triangular gate.'

Seventh:

'Look at the secret triangular gate sideways and you see the secret Tower.'

Eighth:

'The secret Tower within the Tower is the shape of the only name of God, I.'

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Black Pants posted:

No good deed goes unpunished.

if you wait by the pool her invisibility wears off and you can slaughter them both without muckin up your boots of blinding speed. your bobs.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the Tong must hang

council club massacre hasn't quenched my lust for nationalist bloodbaths so i'm travelling from town to town in hlaalu territory in dark brotherhood gear, tracking down camonna associates by asking around

Justice Gimp

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

It really only helps you when you first start out, because later when you're character is a demigod a 50-skill lock is nothing. But in the last room of the census office, the one where you get your orders, behind the dude on the bookshelf is a key. You can grab it and drop it before getting caught like the limeware platter, except that you only have like a tenth of a second because the guard is literally right next to you. It's kind of tricky because you can't even save so if you screw up you have to do the intro all over, but if you manage to grab it and drop it before the guard talks to you, you get access to the storage house. It has a poo poo ton of armor and weapons, and also a lot of moon sugar and skooma.
Or you can open your inventory, pick it up in the inventory, then put it away. Happens instantly, so they can't take it off you.

It doesn't come up often but I remember doing it like that. Then again, that was years back. And drat, if another game has had as great an inventory/map/spells, whatever UI. Made Oblivion even worse by comparison. (loving consoles)

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 19, 2014

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

kazr posted:

if you wait by the pool her invisibility wears off and you can slaughter them both without muckin up your boots of blinding speed. your bobs.

Like I'd be able to resist going to any lengths to grab even the most irrelevant piece of loot.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My prized possession is a used Mexican copy of Morrowind for XBOX that I bought for 60 pesos

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

The Worst Muslim posted:

Ahnassi was sweet, as a kid I didn't even know she had a problem :3:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Okay absorb health...or drain health? Are they effectively the same?

Also does sanctuary only count for physical attacks or everything?

This is important.

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

Not mine, just pissed off a guy who had one.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Worst Muslim posted:

Not mine, just pissed off a guy who had one.

Tries to claim the avatar was a prank

Confirms avatar not a prank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Tries to claim the avatar was a prank

Confirms avatar not a prank

You got me. Ahnassi was my gateway drug.

• Locked thread