Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

One thing i would say about myself is that im all about hacking and counter-strike.

In fact, I've recently discovered that "goonman" is a front for a cheat developer (astr0man) and his beta testers. Open your eyes people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The hacks are coming from inside the server! :eek:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The domain Valve is looking for in your DNS cache is actually goonpug.com enjoy your vac bans nerds :owned:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Surprise the reason you guys do so much better after goonmanning is because things like 'lower your sensitivity' and 'dont be an idiot' are actually cheats your all cheaters we tricked you enjoy youre ban lol

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

down with slavery posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Seriously

Not saying it's not suspicious, just that if you look through demos with xrays on you can find "suspicious" for everyone.

Yeah I'm not saying he isn't hacking, just that it's really easy to turn xrays on and see suspicious things if you're looking for them, which a lot of people are doing.

Everyone knows this and no one has disagreed, which is why radar sound and team vision has been brought up alongside it the entire time. IDK if it'll change your mind but maybe watch the demo so you have a frame of reference for what people have been saying instead of focusing on out of context gifs and X-Ray alone

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah some nerd outside our clique got banned who cares, free Pengy. http://youtu.be/7wfYIMyS_dI

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I'm dedicating all my frags in the next 24 hours to the Free Pengy Foundation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Casull posted:

After getting in some MM practice and finally getting my rank (Silver II, I'm surprised it's not Silver I) I joined the last goonpug, was dead last on the scoreboard again, but managed to get nine kills (previous record: three.) I call that a good day.

I'm Silver Elite Master or whatever and I usually dick up goonmans and am lucky to get like five kills, so you're doing great.

I need to practice more. :smith: At least I have a fancy new headset now so I can hear things.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Pon de Bundy posted:

Yeah some nerd outside our clique got banned who cares, free Pengy. http://youtu.be/7wfYIMyS_dI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ7oqmikZDQ

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

down with slavery posted:

Not saying it's not suspicious, just that if you look through demos with xrays on you can find "suspicious" for everyone.

Yeah... you really can't. Sometimes, you'll find some 'suspicious' stuff that goes slightly beyond 'this guy sure does get some lucky peeks and rotations', but it's rarely conclusive. That's not what you are really looking for. What you are trying to find is stuff like this. Also, note the similarity to this.

IT BEGINS fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 18, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok I change my opinion that guy has wallhack 100% for sure.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mcvey posted:

Master Guardian Elite as l337 kr3w on de_lite rocking the elites.

So loving meta, I love it.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
That first gif is the same thing I posted in the PGS thread. The argument against hacking there is that the dude promptly runs out and dies without really shooting the guy he saw at porch already. But it still looks to me like crosshairs snapping through the wall before he exits boiler.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

astr0man posted:

That first gif is the same thing I posted in the PGS thread. The argument against hacking there is that the dude promptly runs out and dies without really shooting the guy he saw at porch already. But it still looks to me like crosshairs snapping through the wall before he exits boiler.

Maybe. Though I've definitely seen behavior like this where it seems like the hacker realizes what he just did was really obvious, so he turns off his hacks for a while to mask it. It's also the fact that you have moments like this on top of otherwise somewhat strange behavior from a guy who is supposed to be MGE but plays and aims like he is barely a nova. I will say, though, that if I only had access to the first 10 rounds of the gameplay that gif is from I would probably vote 'not sufficient evidence'.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

IT BEGINS posted:

Maybe. Though I've definitely seen behavior like this where it seems like the hacker realizes what he just did was really obvious, so he turns off his hacks for a while to mask it. It's also the fact that you have moments like this on top of otherwise somewhat strange behavior from a guy who is supposed to be MGE but plays and aims like he is barely a nova. I will say, though, that if I only had access to the first 10 rounds of the gameplay that gif is from I would probably vote 'not sufficient evidence'.

I've watched a total of 4 demos and live-spec'd a goonpug when he was playing. If I had to, it'd be easy enough for me to build up a conclusive case showing that he's hacking given all the recorded evidence.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

teagone posted:

I've watched a total of 4 demos and live-spec'd a goonpug when he was playing. If I had to, it'd be easy enough for me to build up a conclusive case showing that he's hacking given all the recorded evidence.

Report back with the dossier.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Necc0 posted:

Surprise the reason you guys do so much better after goonmanning is because things like 'lower your sensitivity' and 'dont be an idiot' are actually cheats your all cheaters we tricked you enjoy youre ban lol

drat these voice activated hacks the kids are using now...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Report back with the dossier.

If I had to. Dude is already banned. :smuggo:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I would like to submit every tec-9 clip fat lou has ever posted as evidence that he uses recoil hacks + aimbot thanks.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*Zooms in 50x* You can CLEARLY see evidence of hacking if you pause at frame 407 of the video, as the accused lets out a little brrrrr fart and 8 other dudes said he pooped em.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Apogee15 posted:

I watched about half of each demo. I saw a few things which I might call suspicious(like happening to push at the right times, or turning around and watching a flank at the right time), but nothing I'd call conclusive.

Yeah people can and do cheat without being 247 blatant. Did you look at how many calls he gave (not warnings or suggestions, calls with certainty) for his team when he shouldn't have had any info? Like people walking up for his teammates when no one had vision? Or enemy positions in sites without having set foot in them once? Or checking useless spots when it's clear and unnecessary (this also includes repeatedly looking back at walls when he's alone)..

The guy makes calls for people based on radar positions too - like calling radio from ramp when the enemy is actually sitting above it on roof. Or banana car when looking at a player sitting behind it in site. There's one round where he pauses 9 seconds in before rotating and calling a B rush for his teammates when he hadn't even gotten to mid at that point. Another round he calls "last guy B" on a guy that stood at car the entire round, not moving.

How many rounds does he stop a push until an enemy walks away? How many times does he stop to avoid a (sometimes obvious, sometimes not) setup before backing off for a safer route/flank? Look at how often he gives a call out and baits his teammate into confirming the info. Check out some of his "snap" shots in first or 3rd person with the laser and see how his aim resets to where he was aiming before the kill shot happened. There's a whole lot of coincidence for a player who looks like he plays with his feet half the time.

I might string together some clips later (ugh effort) but here's an example for now. He walks out of boiler with RadioPassive moving from site to arches and says that he hears someone when Radio's footsteps were inaudible until after the call was made. voice_enable 0 or 1 you can't hear any steps. He also calls out the ct defense spots and baits his teammate into confirming them (this happens often). It's not a gif ban in any way lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJXHklW8AOg
goonsay etc

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 18, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014
Wow this poo poo is crazy.

Yeah, I'm garbage so I better compensate it with walls and make bad plays and calls whilst baiting my players occasionally to make it more subtle. <--- sarcasm incase it wasn't super obvious.

I know its easy for me to brush off and defend myself, but all I have is the truth from my perspective, and all you have is what you see. I wouldn't go this far to say I'm not a hacker, if I wasn't so passionate about my experience. I do a lot of bad habits, just as much as the next player, especially if you have that specific comfort zone. Popehoist is a really good friend of mine, so I have to clear it up so that you don't lose his trust. If anything and the end result, I just rather we all move on, even if it REALLY MEANS I can't play goonpug.

It's quite humorous to see who the players behind this are, and I get it as well. Sorry for bursting your bubbles bossmen. I just wanted to have a good time, not at the cost of yours as well. Legit not hacking though, also I posted in the wrong section.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post425887611

Seems like there's some sort of underlying issue with how you guys play your game and make to some conclusions, it's a bit arrogant to say that, but to think im a hacker is pretty loving ridiculous. If there's combat going on at B site, it would be pretty easy in my opinion to therefore think that CT is going to that site, especially if bomb is in the area. Me lurking isn't a good interpretation that I am therefore a hacker, is it? Inferno and nuke are probably the easiest maps to predict where players are going to be, from my experience. Also is this cause I ran around glocking everyone really hard, in that super close quarter pool map where all you gotta do is raise your cursor a bit and spray with the glock cause nobody has armor? OOPS.

Hawker fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Hawker posted:

Yeah, I'm garbage so I better compensate it with walls and make bad plays and calls whilst baiting my players occasionally to make it more subtle. <--- sarcasm incase it wasn't super obvious.

You say this like this isn't exactly what many hackers do.

Also, please tell me these two are not exactly the same (poorly disguised) move.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Man, I miss one night of goonmans and look at what I miss out on. Stupid job.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hawker posted:

I know its easy for me to brush off and defend myself, but all I have is the truth from my perspective, and all you have is what you see. I wouldn't go this far to say I'm not a hacker, if I wasn't so passionate about my experience. I do a lot of bad habits, just as much as the next player, especially if you have that specific comfort zone. Popehoist is a really good friend of mine, so I have to clear it up so that you don't lose his trust. If anything and the end result, I just rather we all move on, even if it REALLY MEANS I can't play goonpug.

It's quite humorous to see who the players behind this are, and I get it as well. Sorry for bursting your bubbles bossmen. I just wanted to have a good time, not at the cost of yours as well. Legit not hacking though, also I posted in the wrong section.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576152&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post425887611

Seems like there's some sort of underlying issue with how you guys play your game and make to some conclusions, it's a bit arrogant to say that, but to think im a hacker is pretty loving ridiculous. If there's combat going on at B site, it would be pretty easy in my opinion to therefore think that CT is going to that site, especially if bomb is in the area. Me lurking isn't a good interpretation that I am therefore a hacker, is it? Inferno and nuke are probably the easiest maps to predict where players are going to be, from my experience. Also is this cause I ran around glocking everyone really hard, in that super close quarter pool map where all you gotta do is raise your cursor a bit and spray with the glock cause nobody has armor? OOPS.

Yeah, this kind of bs isn't tolerated here. Just an FYI/PSA to everyone: This is the guy who explicitly said he enjoys making serious people mad because LOLz video games are serious business. :10bux: well spent to further disrupt your regularly scheduled goonmans. Beware of any sort of trolling from here on out ;).

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 18, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS posted:

You say this like this isn't exactly what many hackers do.

Also, please tell me these two are not exactly the same (poorly disguised) move.

Why would a wall hacker need to spot his target when its already in his peripheral? Why would I need to put my cursor, if I was a seasoned hacker - which I would have to be, not to get caught with all the matches I've played and all of the commitment I've put in CSGO. It's me adjusting my bad mouse posture, because I don't use a mousepad. Yeah I suppose you're right, if I do and try and make myself a terrible sarcastic joke inbetween an apparently serious matter, because I can't even fathom how I am hacking if I am just playing how I would normally play.

e: Oh the awp clip looks awful, but I was actually just looking at the door, and minimap since we have no one mid apparently - or so I thought, so I then look to the left, then minimap and see yup theres somebody mid so I dont have to rotate.

teagone posted:

Yeah, this kind of bs isn't tolerated here. Just an FYI/PSA to everyone. This is the guy who explicitly said he enjoys making serious people mad because LOLz video games are serious business. :10bux: well spent to further disrupt your regularly scheduled goonmans. Beware of any sort of trolling from here on out ;).
Yeah it's only my guilt that I apparently ruined your server, and my enjoyable experience. But if this is the sort of brush I'm going to get because I wasn't allowed to explain myself, then yeah I suppose I really am going to just waste my time. Not everyone on the internet is out to get other people. My play style doesn't dictate how much of a carebear I really am. Quite the ambassador some of you people can be!

Hawker fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 18, 2014

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Hawker posted:

What happened before you first downloaded hacks? Was it a really bad loss? I don't give a poo poo about goonmans I'm just fascinated by hacker mentality.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Watching the demos how can a guardian elite have worse aim than some silver players? Doesn't ELO account for that? Serious question.

Pon de Bundy posted:

Hmm if only there was a version of this song that involved terrorists

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

DeusExMachinima posted:

Watching the demos how can a guardian elite have worse aim than some silver players? Doesn't ELO account for that?

It's obviously because his gamesense is just that good and he's definitely not cheating nope nope nope.

But to answer your question seriously, the MM ranks have nothing to do with your aim, it's just about how often your team wins and loses. So in theory you could regularly go 0-30 but if you miraculously had a team that carried you every single match for your entire csgo playing career then you could end up global elite. But in reality if you were really that bad you would drag your team down to lose enough until you ended up with the correct MM rank.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hawker posted:

Yeah it's only my guilt that I apparently ruined your server, and my enjoyable experience. But if this is the sort of brush I'm going to get because I wasn't allowed to explain myself, then yeah I suppose I really am going to just waste my time. Not everyone on the internet is out to get other people. My play style doesn't dictate how much of a carebear I really am. Quite the ambassador some of you people can be!

:byewhore:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Haven't seen the demos (and this fight doesn't interest me enough to go watch them) but if those gifs you guys keep posting are the best examples of him supposedly cheating, it's not much to go on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Smol posted:

Haven't seen the demos (and this fight doesn't interest me enough to go watch them) but if those gifs you guys keep posting are the best examples of him supposedly cheating, it's not much to go on.

They're not.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

astr0man posted:

It's obviously because his gamesense is just that good and he's definitely not cheating nope nope nope.

But to answer your question seriously, the MM ranks have nothing to do with your aim, it's just about how often your team wins and loses. So in theory you could regularly go 0-30 but if you miraculously had a team that carried you every single match for your entire csgo playing career then you could end up global elite. But in reality if you were really that bad you would drag your team down to lose enough until you ended up with the correct MM rank.

I'm usually mid fragger in my games, or near the top if you warm up - warm up being deathmatch which is a good habbit. Matchmaking is weird, which you probably know, because you explained it - skill doesn't constitute your rank. Anything above double eagle that isn't on a team is usually a genuine hacker. I never solo queue, and never pick DUST II because that's where the best players of your rank sit, cause everyone grinds dust II all day its more muscle memory then tactics. Good game sense can come from outside sources, like logic and everything else. I once asked that ham goer guy what the plan was, to be barked - there is no plan, just use common sense. He was right. Having confidence and common sense is an easy way to deliver. So my call outs and over zealous confidence on where people are going to be, because they usually go the same spot relative because they've done it a hundred times before and I've spectated many of the player waiting for my turn, then yeah Im guilty there.

Zwiftef posted:

What happened before you first downloaded hacks? Was it a really bad loss? I don't give a poo poo about goonmans I'm just fascinated by hacker mentality.

It was 5 global elites against my single AK team on Office that pushed me over the edge. I turned off the lights and silently cried to myself. It was only seconds after that until I started using the google algorithms to find me the best CSGO hacks exlcusively to play private pugs and lose most of my comp games in.

Hawker fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Hawker posted:

Why would a wall hacker need to spot his target when its already in his peripheral? Why would I need to put my cursor, if I was a seasoned hacker - which I would have to be, not to get caught with all the matches I've played and all of the commitment I've put in CSGO. It's me adjusting my bad mouse posture, because I don't use a mousepad. Yeah I suppose you're right, if I do and try and make myself a terrible sarcastic joke inbetween an apparently serious matter, because I can't even fathom how I am hacking if I am just playing how I would normally play.

I have no idea why you'd need to spot his target. I don't use wallhacks. I don't know how they work. I do know that many wallhackers/aimbots often do that exact motion. And hey, maybe you only started hacking recently or you just don't do it often enough to get reported who knows. Maybe you aren't hacking. All I know is someone posted three demos of rounds full of extremely suspicious behavior from an MGE player that, most of the time, portrays a player that's still in the Silvers. Seems pretty drat fishy to me.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

IT BEGINS posted:

I don't know how they work. I do know that many wallhackers/aimbots often do that exact motion.

Seems pretty drat fishy to me.

Hmmmmmm

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS posted:

I have no idea why you'd need to spot his target. I don't use wallhacks. I don't know how they work. Seems pretty drat fishy to me.

Well yeah kiinda it depends,

It'll be suspicious if you're regulars are calling hacks because I managed to pick them/kill them occasionally while having a good attitude and game sense (again obviously because of the super good WALLS I have). It's obviously their word against mine, and I hold no light to their candle obviously, I have this cute avatar to say that.

There are times when I played that seasonal map, where I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing (might've been mill or whatever the one with the snow in it, and the crazy B site). The only maps I've done pretty well are the ones everyone and their mums have played. You pick up a lot of things when you're against the same people over and over in a 20-30 round experience.

Donno, Im only really doing all of this blantant knee pleading because I really enjoyed the company of some of the individuals. There were chill players and a really good atmosphere when the teams were even and not-so competitive. I remember when I was captain once and picked cole first, because I knew he was a good team player, but apparently pulling him away from his regulars and team mates, made him into a silent pusher who always got killed - and that sucked. SORRY BUD.

Hawker fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 18, 2014

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Hawker posted:

Well yeah kiinda it depends,

It'll be suspicious if you're regulars are calling hacks because I managed to pick them/kill them occasionally while having a good attitude and game sense (again obviously because of the super good WALLS I have). It's obviously their word against mine, and I hold no light to their candle obviously, I have this cute avatar to say that.

There are times when I played that seasonal map, where I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing (might've been mill or whatever the one with the snow in it, and the crazy B site). The only maps I've done pretty well are the ones everyone and their mums have played. You pick up a lot of things when you're against the same people over and over in a 20-30 round experience.

I'm genuinely curious about how you account for the video posted earlier - where you called that you could hear someone in arches, while the video makes it seem like you couldn't really hear him at all. Misleading video? Extremely confident gamesense call that you lied to justify?

Wowporn
May 31, 2012

HarumphHarumphHarumph

You actually bought an account to come defend yourself :lol:

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Space Hamlet posted:

I'm genuinely curious about how you account for the video posted earlier - where you called that you could hear someone in arches, while the video makes it seem like you couldn't really hear him at all. Misleading video? Extremely confident gamesense call that you lied to justify?

Listen carefully at 0:05, just before the guy speaks.

Our boys are taking B, and I hear movement to my right - that's somebody moving to B site, is it not? The few steps. Hard to miss.

Ruin Completely posted:

You actually bought an account to come defend yourself :lol:

I've always lurked SA/known about it, seems liked a good time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
e: not worth responding

• Locked thread