Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edit: Nothing to see here. Google Maps apparently doesn't understand where "769 E Long St, Columbus, OH 43203" is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Len posted:

PC. I set its audio type to podcast and made every possible thing I could fill in "Welcome to Night Vale" and the only way I could even find it was to make a smart playlist.

I go the other way and set all of them to audiobook. Makes relistening to them easier since iTunes won't auto-delete them like it will with podcasts (depending on your settings of course).

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Will the soundtrack from Condos ever be released? Because goddamn, that was some good work.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cptn_dr posted:

Will the soundtrack from Condos ever be released? Because goddamn, that was some good work.

Most of the soundtrack from Condos is basically a selection of older Disparition songs that I re-arranged for the live setting. Plus improvised piano in a couple spots. So if you want those songs you can find them on regular Disparition albums or on my Soundcloud. I generally post a list of the songs from each episode within a few days of its release, on the Disparition facebook and tumblr pages, I just haven't gotten a chance to do Condos and WALK yet but will probably do it tonight or tomorrow.

And Gabriel Royal has a bunch of good videos on his site and you can buy his album on his bandcamp

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend got us tickets to see the Columbus show for Valentine's Day! I'm so excited! That boy knows exactly what makes my heart flutter :3:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I may have listened to the leaked clip of Cecil talking to Steve Carlsberg from a live show like, 8 times today.

dj_clawson fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 19, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

dj_clawson posted:

I may have listened to the leaked clip of Cecil talking to Steve Carlsberg from a life show like, 8 times today.

Spoiler that poo poo! :argh:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Len posted:

PC. I set its audio type to podcast and made every possible thing I could fill in "Welcome to Night Vale" and the only way I could even find it was to make a smart playlist.

Find the folder in your iTunes folder where it keeps your downloaded podcasts in File Explorer. Drag and drop Condos into there. Then right click one of the podcasts that were from iTunes and make note of every single setting it has in the "more information" screen. Then apply those same things, artist, type, genre, etc. to the Condos mp3. Then add it manually to your iTunes library, and it SHOULD show up in there.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

maxnmona posted:

If you cannot pay for it, or really, really don't want to, we will eventually release it for free. But in the meantime, please keep the only source of the file this page right here. Thanks, and we can't wait to share more live shows with you soon.

Cecil Baldwin
Jeffrey Cranor
Joseph Fink

When you release it for free, could you please make it in the description which episodes it takes place between? Otherwise the fans will probably get confused and unceasingly argue about it, causing future-me to punch through his monitor in anger at their stupidity. I have a vested interest in the health and safety of future-me.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 19, 2014

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
^
I hope the future description says it took place on a cancelled Wednesday. Time isn't real as leading scientists say.

Could somebody please spoiler me on who's going to be at this next round of live shows? My sister's a Venture Bros. fan and I want to brag.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Toast Museum posted:

If time were real in Night Vale, where would Condos fall chronologically?

BiggerJ posted:

When you release it for free, could you please make it in the description which episodes it takes place between? Otherwise the fans will probably get confused and unceasingly argue about it, causing future-me to punch through his monitor in anger at their stupidity. I have a vested interest in the health and safety of future-me.

If you have to know when it's definitely before Lazy Day (which is the first podcast mention of "perfectly imperfect Carlos")and probably after Dana (where it's mentioned that Carlos chews a bit too loudly).

Yellow Helicopters is their one-month anniversary so given the events and Cecil's worry, it might be after that episode.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
It also has to be after whichever episode mentions the Night Vale Daily Journal's new policy towards bloggers and online journalists.

Leanne Heart is ready for them. :black101:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos happened on a canceled Wednesday. :colbert:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It happened simultaneously before, during, and after every episode, including those not broadcast yet.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
The deal with all the deer paintings: https://medium.com/geek-empire/9ee8ab3a4537

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
Is there a tumblr or a wiki or something with random Night Vale quotes? I need to quote stuff at a friend but don't want to go through the whole episode list again.

I'm a little bit late to this party but Deft Bowman was an excellent chapter, it's actually the first time NV has made me kind of scared. Maybe it was listening to it at night in bed, but it was also a superb episode.

Oh right thanks. I'm not up on my tumblr-skills.
VVVV

Markovnikov fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 19, 2014

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Markovnikov posted:

Is there a tumblr or a wiki or something with random Night Vale quotes? I need to quote stuff at a friend but don't want to go through the whole episode list again.

Just do a tumblr search for #wtnv

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

maxnmona posted:

The deal with all the deer paintings: https://medium.com/geek-empire/9ee8ab3a4537

Finland's plan to lower deer strikes seems almost wtnv-ish
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/avoid-deer-strikes-finland-painting-deer-antlers-reflective-paint-180949792/

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Any word on which podcast(s) the Night Vale/Thrilling Adventure Hour crossover will be on? If it'll only be on one forever, the other one should post an episode that opens with a command to seek out the episode on the other podcast, followed by one of the following: over twenty minutes of static, a single long note at the most unpleasant frequency possible for the same amount of time, or The Weather.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

BiggerJ posted:

Any word on which podcast(s) the Night Vale/Thrilling Adventure Hour crossover will be on? If it'll only be on one forever, the other one should post an episode that opens with a command to seek out the episode on the other podcast, followed by one of the following: over twenty minutes of static, a single long note at the most unpleasant frequency possible for the same amount of time, or The Weather.

Twenty minutes of a fly buzzing around a hot mic.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

BiggerJ posted:

The crossover show is going to be live-only for the foreseeable future.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
This may have already been asked at some point, so I apologize in advanced. I'm going to the live show in DC and may be bringing a friend who has never heard the podcast. Will they be totally lost and confused or will they still get something out of it?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

The live shows are written to be understandable to people who have never heard the show before. There will likely be many references they won't get, but in general they should understand and be able to enjoy the self-contained story of the evening.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

maxnmona posted:

The live shows are written to be understandable to people who have never heard the show before. There will likely be many references they won't get, but in general they should understand and be able to enjoy the self-contained story of the evening.

Cool, thanks! I told them to at least listen to the first episode, because they at LEAST should know something about the dog park.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CherryCola posted:

Cool, thanks! I told them to at least listen to the first episode, because they at LEAST should know something about the dog park.

They should know NOTHING about the dog park.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

That is one scary (glowing) deer.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

docbeard posted:

They should know NOTHING about the dog park.

You can know about the dog park, it's not the tiered hierarchy of angels.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Pigbog posted:

You can know about the dog park, it's not the tiered hierarchy of angels.

That reminds me- what ever happened to the Glow Cloud? It dissipated during "A Beautiful Dream", right after giving people permission to believe in angels. Which, as the City Council would remind you, are not real.

Is.. is the Glow Cloud dead? Are we finally free?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Glow Cloud was seen waiting in line for a Condo. It's unsure if it got a Condo. Or when exactly Condos happened in the time line.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Amateur Sketch posted:

That reminds me- what ever happened to the Glow Cloud? It dissipated during "A Beautiful Dream", right after giving people permission to believe in angels. Which, as the City Council would remind you, are not real.

Is.. is the Glow Cloud dead? Are we finally free?

The Glow Cloud is still dropping animals on John Peter's farm and controlling minds, something that is mentioned in "The Debate" live show.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Number Stations are one of my very favorite things. Thank you for today's episode.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

That noise scared the hell out of me. You know the one.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Cecil's 'cheerful' voice is scaring the hell out of me.

The writing just keeps getting better. I don't know how you guys do it.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
This episode was absolutely wonderful. "Good practice for them" both gave me chills, and had me laughing. Great delivery, great writing, you folks are just the best :3: I really love the long, slow burn on the ongoing story.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had a feeling what was coming but it was still sad to hear, Cecil did a great job with that little scene.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

People in the Northampton audience are chanting All Hail the Glow Cloud. It's a few minutes away, I think they're getting restless.

Devil's Advocate
Nov 22, 2004
Honestly, what has the devil ever done to YOU?
Numbers might be the funniest episode you guys have made yet, and this is coming from someone who genuinely loves every single episode. I was listening to it at work this morning on my headphones and I almost cracked up in the middle of an otherwise silent office when Faye started singing . Best delivery since Cecil's "oh. Nope. No, he's wandered off." For me.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Hulu ad :stare:

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

This was the first Night Vale episode to earn an "explicit" rating on iTunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Is the release of The Debate still on track for before the election? Also, will the placement of Condos in the timeline ever be revealed?

AstroZamboni posted:

Twenty minutes of a fly buzzing around a hot mic.

Oh god, that world have been the worst. A single long sound isn't annoying because you can get used to it. A fly is unpredictable. You can never get used to a fly, and yet people would have listened to all of it in case there was something, anything else.