Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

teagone posted:

I don't have beef with you slime, why are you giving me poo poo? You're a cool dude, and I wish you'd goonman more. I never said I'm the best at counter-strike or anything, but are you saying (for example) that someone who has ONLY been playing CSGO for maybe a few months is in a position to call out whether or not someone is hacking?

This is the problem. Its not having a "beef" with someone or not that should determine whether or not you have a valid argument. Your argument should stand on its own two feet. I don't really have beef with anyone in here, but there are some people I would simply prefer not to play with. I am not arguing to try and "poo poo on some goons" or whatever people might think, I am arguing in Hawker's favor because he isn't doing anything that is 100% conclusive of hacking.

To answer your question, I am only recently ranked in CS:GO comp play. I am a silver elite, and I am very bad at CS:GO but I put thousands of hours into 1.6 and source, and am only just now getting back into CS. So do I have an amazing amount of CS:GO knowledge? Probably not but I do have a very high level of CS knowledge in general. And I learn layouts, calls and strategies very quickly (I can't aim for poo poo however).

Also that 10 second clip posted above proves literally nothing. He has a mag 7 of course he isn't going to camp arch, he's go to fall back somewhere where he has advantage with that gun... that proves absolutely nothing other than he has decent knowledge of engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What non-MM maps are likely to show up in goonmans?

The last one I did we played some crazy poo poo I've never heard of before and got promptly spanked even harder than I normally do. I have a hard enough time keeping up when I know the callouts, but if its entirely new geometry I'm hosed. I don't mind having to do some homework, I just need a head's up.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

What non-MM maps are likely to show up in goonmans?

The last one I did we played some crazy poo poo I've never heard of before and got promptly spanked even harder than I normally do. I have a hard enough time keeping up when I know the callouts, but if its entirely new geometry I'm hosed. I don't mind having to do some homework, I just need a head's up.

cache, mill, seasonal?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

a slime posted:

I watched the inferno demo, I guess I'll watch this one tomorrow, I'm going to sleep

Just an FYI, Xen plays his music for a bit but turns it off afterward.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

To answer your question, I am only recently ranked in CS:GO comp play. I am a silver elite, and I am very bad at CS:GO but I put thousands of hours into 1.6 and source, and am only just now getting back into CS. So do I have an amazing amount of CS:GO knowledge? Probably not but I do have a very high level of CS knowledge in general. And I learn layouts, calls and strategies very quickly (I can't aim for poo poo however).

Also that 10 second clip posted above proves literally nothing. He has a mag 7 of course he isn't going to camp arch, he's go to fall back somewhere where he has advantage with that gun... that proves absolutely nothing other than he has decent knowledge of engagement.

This is really all you had to say when I asked my question. Thank you.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
unban the now-goon

free pengy

free walt

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Babyface Mingo posted:

unban the now-goon

free pengy

free walt

I think Walt has been unbanned for a while now. And I think pengy is only banned from the mumble, haha. I have no idea.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

I just don't understand why you have to ban him. If you are certain he is hacking unban him, and get some definitive proof, because if he really is hacking its only a matter of time before you have your absolute nail in the coffin evidence. Although I realize now he has probably marked himself because he is going against the goon-opinion and despite him having a legitimate claim will probably be mocked by the goonmans.

edit: I feel bad for the guy, he just tried to play the game, and now this whole poo poo storm has effectively banned him from playing cs:go, a game we all play and love, with friends. Poor dude :(

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Man, I changed my rates from the default ones and the game plays completely differently now. Although it seems buggy in that it seems that every bullet I shoot makes it sound like two were fired and the Deagle seems to fire as fast as I can pull the trigger, overall everything seems more fluid and responsive.

What the gently caress was I missing all this time?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I'm looking to change my crosshair. Can anyone post theirs for me so I can get some ideas? Thanks!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hawker posted:

cache, mill, seasonal?

Shush you. I'm asking one of the adults.

Cache is MM and that list doesn't include the maps I was talking about that I played before, so no.

That one in particular had some kinda Aztec tileset going on, with some underground canal that would push you faster. I think we played another before I haven't seen too, so I was just wondering what maps were likely to come up.

VVVV Thanks, that's perfect! It was de_contra_b2, and I've played de_toscan and a few others before that I didn't know. I'll walk through all of those a couple times.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 18, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ScienceAndMusic posted:

edit: I feel bad for the guy, he just tried to play the game, and now this whole poo poo storm has effectively banned him from playing cs:go, a game we all play and love, with friends. Poor dude :(

If only there was more than one server on the entire internet on which to play counter-strike.

edit: zaphod this should be all of the maps that are on the server, or at least all the ones that were on it as of 18 days ago https://github.com/dtuominen/goonpug/blob/old-plugin/csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/goonpug_match_maplist.txt

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

^^^^^ There would be if you would revive Wexford

teagone posted:

I think Walt has been unbanned for a while now. And I think pengy is only banned from the mumble, haha. I have no idea.

Ban Walt free pengy

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I just don't understand why you have to ban him. If you are certain he is hacking unban him, and get some definitive proof, because if he really is hacking its only a matter of time before you have your absolute nail in the coffin evidence. Although I realize now he has probably marked himself because he is going against the goon-opinion and despite him having a legitimate claim will probably be mocked by the goonmans.

lol

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Shush you. I'm asking one of the adults.

Cache is MM and that list doesn't include the maps I was talking about that I played before, so no.

That one in particular had some kinda Aztec tileset going on, with some underground canal that would push you faster. I think we played another before I haven't seen too, so I was just wondering what maps were likely to come up.

VVVV Thanks, that's perfect! It was de_contra_b2, and I've played de_toscan and a few others before that I didn't know. I'll walk through all of those a couple times.

Cache is no longer MM.

Cobblestone and overpass are.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

That sucks because MM cache owned

cobblestone has so many weird little doodads in B site that it's impossible to see anyone

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Tangenting, but I noticed the goonman collection on the front page had the classic version of Dust 2. I downloaded it and played a round. God drat, I forgot how blocky everything was back in 1.6.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
E: double post

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
I think it's a travesty that no one has noticed that Haugker's tag is Live LAUGh Love.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hawker posted:

Cache is no longer MM.

Cobblestone and overpass are.

:doh:

Well it was extremely recently so the point is I've played it and am familiar with it, but thanks?

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

a slime posted:

That sucks because MM cache owned

cobblestone has so many weird little doodads in B site that it's impossible to see anyone

Cobblestone is where all dreams go to die. I don't think its a very fun map or balanced. It feels like Aztec 2.0. Might be all the green textures.

IT BEGINS posted:

I think it's a travesty that no one has noticed that Haugker's tag is Live LAUGh Love.

Oh sh- the plot has been found.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Should probably talk about this stuff in the Buttmen server thread since it has a lot more to do with that server than the actual game.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

a slime posted:

What do you think is happening here? His sensitivity looks way too high to aim that precisely at that outline if he's just accidentally glancing at someone he sees through the wall. I guess you think he has an aimbot with a smoothing feature?

I'm saying it looks like his xhair unintentionally magnetizes to players and he readjusts. Happens pretty often to various players in various spots. And I don't know if my ears/headphones are broken or what but I can't hear poo poo in that RadioPassive clip after playing it twice without voicecoms.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I can't believe I just spent 30 minutes of my life watching that nuke demo, wherein at no point at all did I think that guy was dodgy, not once. I seriously thought the dude who linked it had linked the wrong one by mistake until the ban came up at the end. Someone post times or rounds or some poo poo so I can see the same thing you lot seem to have seen.

Do I have to post how long I've been playing to justify this post?

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

In other news, I hate it when, in a clutch situation, people decide to pull out a grenade when they expect a guy coming around a corner (and are basically themselves out in the open). It doesn't make any sense, they usually don't do anything with whatever nade they pull out, and half the time it gets them killed. WHYyyyy. I've been trying to get my friends to stop doing this in stacks to no avail.

Are there any other obviously bad things you shouldn't do in a clutch? I tend to play aggressively vs. a single opponent and passively vs. multiple, though I've been told by better players to actually do the opposite. Is that really the case?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I can't believe I just spent 30 minutes of my life watching that nuke demo, wherein at no point at all did I think that guy was dodgy, not once. I seriously thought the dude who linked it had linked the wrong one by mistake until the ban came up at the end. Someone post times or rounds or some poo poo so I can see the same thing you lot seem to have seen.

I linked the demo you watched and the whole time he was suspect to me :shrug:

A surface-level red flag to point out is the erratic mouse behavior, that snaps to and fro. That's not normal xhair movement at all.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

To me there is a vast rift between "that is a weird thing to do, I don't understand that behavior in this context" and "that guy is clearly hacking."

I think it's also important to consider all the times where he doesn't play weird. Like if he's walling, he's walling all the time, so if he gets surprised and killed, you have to consider that as evidence against. You can't just go through and isolate the five times he happened to have his crosshairs on someone through a wall.

I'm not even saying he's innocent. Just saying I would need to see a lot more evidence before I deemed him guilty.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 18, 2014

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

teagone posted:

I linked the demo you watched and the whole time he was suspect to me :shrug:

A surface-level red flag to point out is the erratic mouse behavior, that snaps to and fro. That's not normal xhair movement at all.
If you want me to apologize for being a snowflake in your server, I refuse.

---

I tried frapsing a video of a very recent average game, but it turned out super poo poo. Tried it againt with MSI afterburner, stutters really bad and wont even open in vegas. Is there a way for me to just give you the CSGO file, like the one file you're all sharing of my 'hacks'?

e: figured it out, and I puushed the file.

Enjoy the illusive lovely waller who manages to beat a 4v5 barely with his fellow friends.
http://puu.sh/71rld.dem

Hawker fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 18, 2014

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Hawker posted:

I tried frapsing a video of a very recent average game, but it turned out super poo poo. Tried it againt with MSI afterburner, stutters really bad and wont even open in vegas. Is there a way for me to just give you the CSGO file, like the one file you're all sharing of my 'hacks'?

In the watch tab is a section for your last 8 games. Click on one, which should bring up a menu to download it. It will show up somewhere in your CS:GO folder.

IT BEGINS fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 18, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Everyone's being pretty loving unbushido right now, we're all old enough to take a step back and just loving chill, no?

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I just don't understand why you have to ban him. If you are certain he is hacking unban him, and get some definitive proof, because if he really is hacking its only a matter of time before you have your absolute nail in the coffin evidence.

Ultimately this is how I feel about the entire situation. If he was hacking it wasn't helping him a whole lot, I've seen much much worse players get frags in goonmen that they have no right getting, it's the nature of CSGO. If you bait your team and play easy spots you will get kills even if you're a garbage player, I see it happen all the time. It doesn't help that there have been some very new players in game recently that are easy score padding.

I say unban him, let him play with us, if people want to review his demos and make a decent enough hackusation video then they have every right to do it. Cheaters slip up, if he's cheating he will slip up more. Y'all pushed the 'ban' button a tad early imo.

Hawker posted:

You're not helping.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 18, 2014

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hawker posted:

If you're gonna keep posting here just let it go and move on.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

mcvey posted:

Everyone's being pretty loving unbushido right now, we're all old enough to take a step back and just loving chill, no?

Ultimately this is how I feel about the entire situation. If he was hacking it wasn't helping him a whole lot, I've seen much much worse players get frags in goonmen that they have no right getting, it's the nature of CSGO. If you bait your team and play easy spots you will get kills even if you're a garbage player, I see it happen all the time. It doesn't help that there have been some very new players in game recently that are easy score padding.

I say unban him, let him play with us, if people want to review his demos and make a decent enough hackusation video then they have every right to do it. Cheaters slip up, if he's cheating he will slip up regularly.

It's hard for me to find what is baiting and what isn't. I've been called a baiter many times when we've pushed the same site prior and they played the same spots. I prefer not to make my grand entrance by flashing (most people flash, and don't even do anything about it - see nuke ramp). Is it baiting if I wait for the other side, or other players to engage ELSEWHERE in the map and I then make my move when the other team has a higher chance to be off guard because somebody has to communicate their shooting etc etc?

Zaphod42 posted:

If you're gonna keep posting here just let it go and move on.

Fair enough, my tone isn't articulated through text very well either. I'm over it.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Hawker posted:

---

Fun fact: it's not his server. None of the people who have been posting in this thread are admins on the server you were banned from, except maybe face? I don't actually know if he is or isn't.

You can share gotv demos from matchmaking if you go to your recent matches tab from the main menu and use the "share match link" button or whatever it is called. But no one is going to watch your demos and/or care what is in them.

The bottom line is that Fat Lou and Prost banned you, and that's it. It's their server and they can do what they want with it.

IT BEGINS posted:

In other news, I hate it when, in a clutch situation, people decide to pull out a grenade when they expect a guy coming around a corner (and are basically themselves out in the open). It doesn't make any sense, they usually don't do anything with whatever nade they pull out, and half the time it gets them killed. WHYyyyy. I've been trying to get my friends to stop doing this in stacks to no avail.

Are there any other obviously bad things you shouldn't do in a clutch? I tend to play aggressively vs. a single opponent and passively vs. multiple, though I've been told by better players to actually do the opposite. Is that really the case?

If you are outnumbered it is better to be aggressive. For example, let's say you are holding B site alone after a plant, and you know 1 CT is in mid and one is probably lower or coming from tunnels or something. You are better off with the aggressive play trying to pick off the guy at mid before the 2nd CT gets through tunnels and they can both push you at the same time.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Name, height, age, weight, time playing CS:GO, win rate, overall accuracy, if you've ever engaged in a league, number of honorable knife battles won, mother's maiden name, and % of time you stare at walls that could be construed as walling. Only then will you be considered to have a valid post.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Things that also help you to be taken seriously: the lack of a rap sheet full of consistent shitposting elsewhere on the forums.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hawker posted:

Not my server, I'm just a mediocre regular.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Name, height, age, weight, time playing CS:GO, win rate, overall accuracy, if you've ever engaged in a league, number of honorable knife battles won, mother's maiden name, and % of time you stare at walls that could be construed as walling. Only then will you be considered to have a valid post.

Living up to your custom title I see.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

mcvey posted:

I say unban him, let him play with us, if people want to review his demos and make a decent enough hackusation video then they have every right to do it. Cheaters slip up, if he's cheating he will slip up regularly.

You're not helping.

I don't even play in goon games (because your evening time is my bed time) and I agree with mcvey here.

My favourite bit of the nuke demo is XC saying 'i dunno how he's even 10-3 lol' or something. It looked to me (I have no horse in this race) like people were upset that a new guy came on and used poo poo guns and was still better than them. That's how it looked, to me. Sorry.

Hawker
Feb 18, 2014

astr0man posted:

But no one is going to watch your demos and/or care what is in them.

I think that's pretty ridiculous. The video is of the day prior.

People do things to other people without any background because other people are upset all of the time. I'm only trying to just get unbanned and move on, but you're right they don't have to do a thing. Seems ridiculous either way, obviously stated being the victim/accused.

But yeah I guess whatever goes, goes.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

this should be all of the maps that are on the server, or at least all the ones that were on it as of 18 days ago https://github.com/dtuominen/goonpug/blob/old-plugin/csgo/addons/sourcemod/configs/goonpug_match_maplist.txt

Still nothing we can do about the /workshop/1234 prefixes in the map list, eh?

a slime posted:

Ban Walt free pengy

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

It was a joke guys, an augful joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Hawker posted:

It's hard for me to find what is baiting and what isn't. I've been called a baiter many times when we've pushed the same site prior and they played the same spots. I prefer not to make my grand entrance by flashing (most people flash, and don't even do anything about it - see nuke ramp). Is it baiting if I wait for the other side, or other players to engage ELSEWHERE in the map and I then make my move when the other team has a higher chance to be off guard because somebody has to communicate their shooting etc etc?

That's not baiting.

Baiting is playing off your teammates to get kills, you always get the trade, they're always making the push, you're cleanup crew. Selfish selfish play. If you are actually legit and getting lots of kills that is the only way you're getting kills because you're not a very good players overall. That and all the new players that have flocked to the server recently.

• Locked thread