Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Here's a list of my favorite shorts they released after 2011:

Join Hands, Let Go
Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers
Setting Up A Room <--- Essential
Seat Belts: The Life-Saving Habit
The Calendar - How To Use It
Paper And I
Tooth Truth With Harv And Marv
Walking To School
Safety With Animals

And then I've been doing the Batman shorts too, but they're $2 each, and there are 15 parts in total. They're doing them regularly, like every other short they release, but are only up to #8 now.

The Wizard Of Oz is one of the feature-length Riffs they've done recently, and they absolutely nailed it. Also Avengers.

And for VOD, they released the Star Wars Christmas Special, which is just mind boggling, but not the season anymore. But it doesn't matter, it's for "Life Day" anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I picked up Setting up a room. It was nonstop action. I needed to pause it and take a break to let my heart rate slow down.

Bill's comment on the time near the beginning was the best. I had to pause to check but once I did, I had tears of laughter and joy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Guy from Harlem is an instant classic, I'd put it in the same pantheon as the top-tier MST episodes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm surprised I don't see any recommendations for the Norman saga. Norman provided me with more laughs than Batman.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm surprised I don't see any recommendations for the Norman saga. Norman provided me with more laughs than Batman.
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH...

rootphreak
May 16, 2008

HO HO HO
SPREAD EM FOR SANTA

DoombatINC posted:

The Guy from Harlem is an instant classic, I'd put it in the same pantheon as the top-tier MST episodes

It's the single RiffTrax video that will convert the skeptics. Used it many times.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Rusty Kettle posted:

I have been out of the Rifftrax game for the last 2-3 years. My last order was in 2011. I have a whole bunch of older shorts, but I would be spending close to $140 on shorts if I were to catch up. Furthermore, I am astounded by the sheer number VOD offerings.

If I wanted to spend ~$20 on the cream of the crop to begin my long expensive journey of getting caught up, what would be the wisest way to spend my money?

Guy from Harlem and Ghosthouse are my top two VoDs.

As for shorts I would suggest right at this very moment:
County Fair
One Turkey, Two Turkey
Live and Learn
Paper and I
Choking: To Save a Life

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

What do I have to do to get y'all to do Starcrash?

Is Roger Corman involved in that one? I think he's not a fan of what we do. We watched it and loved it a few years ago, though.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Bill's Picks are on sale, including Abraxas, Buffalo Rider, and The Apple!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rereedrumr posted:

Is Roger Corman involved in that one? I think he's not a fan of what we do. We watched it and loved it a few years ago, though.

Yeah, I think he does have the distribution rights to it now. Might be worth considering a non-VOD release though.

What about Lifeforce? Or does that have too much nudity?

There's also a twenty minute short about building blocks by the guys responsible for Setting Up A Room which might be worth a look.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Yeah, I think he does have the distribution rights to it now. Might be worth considering a non-VOD release though.

There's also a twenty minute short about building blocks by the guys responsible for Setting Up A Room which might be worth a look.

It would be fun to do, but for that type of movie it'd have to be a VOD. I am not familiar with Lifeforce, but will take a gander, especially if there's nudity.

But most importantly...Another short by the guys responsible for Setting Up A Room???? Please provide details/ a link!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

What about Lifeforce?
What about Megaforce?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERYyFxc0lg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rereedrumr posted:

But most importantly...Another short by the guys responsible for Setting Up A Room???? Please provide details/ a link!

It's called Blocks: A Medium for Perceptual Learning and its seventeen minutes long.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

As wildly over-the-top as Lifeforce is, I don't think it would lend itself well to riffing. I'd love to see Rifftrax delve into the Golan Globus-Cannon Films type of cheesy 80's films, like Invasion USA or Robot Jox, I just don't think Lifeforce would work all that well.
The fact that Lifeforce is one of my all-time favorite movies has nothing to do with my opinion.

Megaforce, on the other hand, would be perfect for Rifftrax. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh come on, you know you want to hear what Mike & Co. have to say when Patrick Stewart frenches that astronaut dude, then explodes into a bloody mess all over the inside of the helicopter.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Command Ant posted:

Megaforce, on the other hand, would be perfect for Rifftrax. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet.
I just saw this one recently and it was the first time in a while I was really just angry at a movie, because of how G-rated, non-violent, and fun they made warfare look.

Command Ant posted:

I'd love to see Rifftrax delve into the Golan Globus-Cannon Films type of cheesy 80's films, like Invasion USA or Robot Jox
"Death Wish 3" would be spectacular with riffing.

Command Ant posted:

As wildly over-the-top as Lifeforce is, I don't think it would lend itself well to riffing.
rereedrumr, if you guys do this one as a VOD, the rights are kind of a clusterfuck from what I've heard (Sony owns theatrical distribution, MGM/Fox owns DVD distribution, someone else owns something else, etc). Shout Factory just put the movie out on Blu-Ray late last year, so you might want to ask them who to go to for the right to distribute it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

She (1982) would be good but it has some weird kinky stuff which probably makes it unriffable.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
What about kid's movies from the 90s? Something like 3 Ninjas, The Page Master or Warriors of Virtue. However, the movie would have to take itself somewhat seriously for this idea to work.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Brutakas posted:

What about kid's movies from the 90s? Something like 3 Ninjas, The Page Master or Warriors of Virtue. However, the movie would have to take itself somewhat seriously for this idea to work.

Films like these seem to fall into the dead zone between newer or more prolific films to do as an audio commentary, and older films in public domain or with dirt-cheap rights to do as streaming/downloadable video.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hey rereedrumr, are you guys aware of the film La Moustache?

It's terrible and bewildering, and would probably make for some good riffing. (Although I don't know what your policy is regarding subbed movies.)

Edit: (Although it's fairly new, so I guess it would also probably be too expensive to be a VOD.)

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 21, 2014

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

thexerox123 posted:

Hey rereedrumr, are you guys aware of the film La Moustache?

It's terrible and bewildering, and would probably make for some good riffing. (Although I don't know what your policy is regarding subbed movies.)

Edit: (Although it's fairly new, so I guess it would also probably be too expensive to be a VOD.)

I've never heard of this movie, but after reading that article I can only think of one thing:

Garry, get the hell out of my office.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like the Night of the Living Dead Live Show is up for download. Is that worth watching or just wait for the next sale?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Night of the Living Dead - Live! is now available!

Apkallu
May 8, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Bill's Picks are on sale, including Abraxas, Buffalo Rider, and The Apple!

This happened just after I said, "Eh, I'll wait for a sale to pick up The Apple." I just now watched it. I feel like I need to round up my old Rocky Horror crew and force them all to watch it now.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I picked up "The Revenge of Dr. X" during the Valentine's day sale. I am so wonderfully charmed by the main character's endless pit of rage! :allears:

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Having just seen Treasure of the Amazon, I feel confident in saying that nobody involved was paid enough to be in that movie. That had to have been the most thoroughly unpleasant shoot since the Conqueror.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rirse posted:

Looks like the Night of the Living Dead Live Show is up for download. Is that worth watching or just wait for the next sale?

I'd say it is. I missed the show thanks to work, and it's been stellar so far.

Also: NORMAN 4!!!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

tankadillo posted:

I've never heard of this movie, but after reading that article I can only think of one thing:

Garry, get the hell out of my office.

Moustache, at least the Wikipedia description, does indeed sound "Gary, get the hell out of my office" worthy. It would certainly be an interesting experiment riffing an entirely subtitled movie, and I'm sure we could make it work if we had the right target. Would require adapting to not being able to entirely respond to verbal cues, and might not be optimal, but would certainly be fun to try.

It is now my mission in life to track down that short about blocks. That and the three other "At Your Fingertips" shorts are my white whales. Unfortunately, you essentially have to wait for them to show up on ebay, that's where we found grasses, boxes, and Setting up a room. Our tech director found Cylinders at a weird old store on vacation some time.

We watched Megaforce a while ago. My impression was that it seemed like the kind of movie that had a great 3 minute "look how bad this is" youtube reel in it, but the actual whole movie was kind of dull. But who knows, I thought the same thing about Night of the Lepus and people seem to be enjoying that one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
No details yet, but Riftrax just posted on Facebook that the next live event will be June 26!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rereedrumr posted:

Moustache, at least the Wikipedia description, does indeed sound "Gary, get the hell out of my office" worthy. It would certainly be an interesting experiment riffing an entirely subtitled movie, and I'm sure we could make it work if we had the right target. Would require adapting to not being able to entirely respond to verbal cues, and might not be optimal, but would certainly be fun to try.

It is now my mission in life to track down that short about blocks. That and the three other "At Your Fingertips" shorts are my white whales. Unfortunately, you essentially have to wait for them to show up on ebay, that's where we found grasses, boxes, and Setting up a room. Our tech director found Cylinders at a weird old store on vacation some time.

We watched Megaforce a while ago. My impression was that it seemed like the kind of movie that had a great 3 minute "look how bad this is" youtube reel in it, but the actual whole movie was kind of dull. But who knows, I thought the same thing about Night of the Lepus and people seem to be enjoying that one.

There's 16mm copies of At Your Fingertips: Floats and At Your Fingertips: Play Clay at the UC San Diego library, although I don't know if they would allow you to copy them.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

There's 16mm copies of At Your Fingertips: Floats and At Your Fingertips: Play Clay at the UC San Diego library, although I don't know if they would allow you to copy them.

Do either of them eventually answer the ultimate question: Is corn grass?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
A few Rifftrax requests:

The 2013 movie called Ninja 2, also known as Ninja: Shadow of a Tear.
Godzilla Final Wars
Project Ninja Daredevils aka Ninja the Protector
Ninja Terminator
Seriously, any movie from director Godfrey Ho could work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PassTheRemote posted:

A few Rifftrax requests:

Godzilla Final Wars

I don't think even Rifftrax fans are ready for Don Frye levels of acting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally watched Treasure of the Amazon.

"Is this the march of the pigs that Trent Reznor warned us about?"

"Hey Gringo! You're wasting your time!"
"There's no sense in starting Dexter when it'll only disappoint you in the end!"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I've never seen the Wizard and would only see it Rifftraxed.

Also just bought Supersonic Man. Nice Opening Music.

As to thing to watch. I like the Future Force/Future Zone. 80's bad movies are the best bad movies.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

PrinceRandom posted:

I've never seen the Wizard and would only see it Rifftraxed.

As to thing to watch. I like the Future Force/Future Zone. 80's bad movies are the best bad movies.

The opening riffs on Future Force are some of my favorites in all of Rifftrax.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ghostpilot posted:

The opening riffs on Future Force are some of my favorites in all of Rifftrax.

The mesh shirt in Future Zone is just dreamy :allears:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

PrinceRandom posted:

Even better, he has his own theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxi2Mnz4M4o

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Very intriguing. We have to send out our 16mm films to get converted, but I do live in San Diego... Could be worth just a viewing to make sure they're great. Do you have a link to their catalog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rereedrumr posted:

Very intriguing. We have to send out our 16mm films to get converted, but I do live in San Diego... Could be worth just a viewing to make sure they're great. Do you have a link to their catalog?

Play Clay. Floats.

• Locked thread