Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The second picture from the bottom is one of my favourite things ever. I will be sorely disappointed if it isn't turned into an avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Alex Salmond and Scottish independence – Scottish first minister says chancellor's refusal to consider sharing sterling with an independent Scotland is self-defeating"

Telegraph:

Bafta Film Awards 2014: Full list of winners

Independent:

Ed Miliband: Floods 'wakeup call on climate change'

Times:

Express:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Where's the bloody whale. And also that Rowson marks maybe the first pro-independance cartoon I've seen, if I'm right in reading "baby drowners" as a criticism.
Here's another Rowson - it's actually some promotional material whipped up for a new play called This May Hurt a Bit which is presumably about the government loving the NHS.

And last week's Scarfe, which eschews calling Putin gay, a common mockery-style

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Another horrifying yet immediately recognisable Farage for the pile

Who's that just out of frame in Rowson's Salmond one?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Clegg, Cameron and Miliband – Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg has talked openly about the prospect of a coalition with Labour after the next general election"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Scottish independence: Currency union block could hurt firms, says Alex Salmond

Times:

Mail:
"Approximately 200 women troops have been sent home from war zones after falling pregnant."

quote:

“Dammit, Sandra. You promised to be faithful yet 16 men have applied for paternity leave.”

Express:

Simon Cowell becomes a father on Valentine's Day

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Surely even the Labour leadership isn't dumb enough to think a coalition with the LibDems would be a good idea.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Badger of Basra posted:

Surely even the Labour leadership isn't dumb enough to think a coalition with the LibDems would be a good idea.

They're not. The Torygraph would like you to think so, though.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Badger of Basra posted:

Whether we get another coalition or not depends on the outcome of the 2015 elections, I don't see how any of them get to decide if it's a good idea or not.

vvvv Seriously? There's no way a Lab-Con coalition could ever happen.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Feb 18, 2014

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Well the Lib Dems, who would be the junior partner in such a coalition, could decide to opt out. I would honestly argue that this last time around they'd have been better served by having a Con-Lab grand coalition than being in government themselves because Labor could have, in theory, been a more effective block to Conservative party while the LD's sit in a corner flinging poo poo and mopping up protest votes. As is what do they actually get out of being in government? As far as I can see all they recieve is record breaking unpopularity from both their own base and the country as a whole.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If they wanted a Lib-Lab coalation they could of formed it last election along with a bunch of minor party support (just). I doubt labour is going to agree to a coalition when the polls say they're going to win the next election pretty handily.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's either this or Tory-Ukip coalition.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
God loving dammit gently caress you Mac

Paladinus posted:

It's either this or Tory-Ukip coalition.

They'd be lucky to win a single seat.

E: This site vastly overestimates UKIP's influence (if they get 15% in Bristol West I'll eat my hat) and puts them at 0 seats. FPTP absolutely dumps on UKIP.

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 18, 2014

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
"Approximately 200 women troops have been sent home from war zones after falling pregnant."

“Dammit, Sandra. You promised to be faithful yet 16 men have applied for paternity leave.”
"Female soldiers are all whores." - The Daily Mail, 2014.

mfcrocker posted:

God loving dammit gently caress you Mac

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I'm surprised at the Daily Mail cartoonist making a joke at the expense of ARE BRAVE ARMED 4CES. Wonder if it'll get any complaints from regular readers.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.oxfordshire.ukip.org/scotland/articles/363-poll-reveals-labour-heading-for-election-humiliation

UKIP

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Stottie Kyek posted:

I'm surprised at the Daily Mail cartoonist making a joke at the expense of ARE BRAVE ARMED 4CES. Wonder if it'll get any complaints from regular readers.
Women - much like homosexuals and foreigners not led by white Englishmen - cannot be proper soldiers and are therefore a fair target for criticism. I mean they're barely human and driven by emotional impulses so obviously can't do as many pushups and bluaaargh

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Plus they got pregnant and left the warzone, they're practically deserters. And I bet the average Mail reader has a few opinions on what they should do with deserters

The whole tone of that cartoon is loving weird. Like is that officer meant to be in a relationship with her? YOU PROMISED YOU'D BE FAITHFUL! Mac has a lot of issues

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Kegluneq posted:

Women - much like homosexuals and foreigners not led by white Englishmen - cannot be proper soldiers and are therefore a fair target for criticism. I mean they're barely human and driven by emotional impulses so obviously can't do as many pushups and bluaaargh

All 16 can't be the father though, so presumably at least 15 are attempting to skive off.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'm guessing the faithful part refers to the oath of service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_Allegiance_(United_Kingdom)#Armed_forces

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

No you see they've all slept with her so they all genuinely believe the baby is theirs, it's all her fault for not being ~faithful~

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

"UKIP would celebrate the "Last Night of the Proms" as an example of good humoured British pride, which the politically correct left deride."

What? I've never heard anyone give a poo poo about the last night of the proms let alone deride it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Alex Salmond and Gordon Brown – As the date of the referendum on Scottish independence nears, the debate is hotting up"

Telegraph:

British sinkhole spike prompts warning

Independent:

Curb 'yobbish' MPs, Speaker Bercow tells party leaders

Times:

Mail:
"Judges here have decided to ignore the wishes of the European court and allow whole life sentences."

quote:

“You do know that whole life means WHOLE LIFE?”

Express:

Sochi 2014: David Murdoch & Eve Muirhead ready for curling semis

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Holy gently caress the cleaners aren't Bulgamanians.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

"UKIP would celebrate the "Last Night of the Proms" as an example of good humoured British pride, which the politically correct left deride."

What? I've never heard anyone give a poo poo about the last night of the proms let alone deride it.

My favourite part is that 'UKIP would require the UK theme medley to be restored to BBC Radio 4.' Because radio theme tunes should be government policy.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I thought UKIP were a "non-racist, libertarian party"? There's nothing remotely libertarian about the government banning burqas and niqabs, "safeguarding" certain companies, reintroducing the Treason Act(!) and interfering in something as trivial as a radio station jingle. Not that I'm advocating libertarianism, I'm one of those dirty Marxists they mention in point 2, but I didn't expect them to be lying about both parts of their description.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
UKIP is a single issue party that managed to get a bunch of MEPs (the classic home of the single issue party) and then kick up enough tabloid interest to portray themselves as a new option for "honest Britons" (man in pub, drinking beer and having a fag while he complains about the foreign builder he paid half the going rate not fitting gold taps in his kitchen).

They don't know what their policies are because they don't actually have any political ideas other than "the EU - and foreign people in general - are the cause of everything bad". It's part of the reason they have to keep censuring and throwing out their own members.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Forums Terrorist posted:

Holy gently caress the cleaners aren't Bulgamanians.

No, just the usual corpse-eyed mannequins that Paul Thomas likes to draw.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Stottie Kyek posted:

I thought UKIP were a "non-racist, libertarian party"? There's nothing remotely libertarian about the government banning burqas and niqabs, "safeguarding" certain companies, reintroducing the Treason Act(!) and interfering in something as trivial as a radio station jingle. Not that I'm advocating libertarianism, I'm one of those dirty Marxists they mention in point 2, but I didn't expect them to be lying about both parts of their description.
They are lying about both parts, and probably thinking about adding other parts specifically to lie about. Looking at their social policies they're a slightly more authoritarian version of the tories, the only civil liberties they care about is being able to smoke in pubs and call people gollywogs without the PC Marxist media getting all upset at them. (Which isn't racist by the way, because here is some butchered etymological reason, and did I mention we're the non-racist party? Maybe it is you who is the real...)

The Greens are the closest thing to an actual civil-libertarian party in the UK, and they're firmly on the left economically. If you're using the right-wing (e: now default in US discourse) definition (some civil liberties plus more more more economic liberalism) then it would be the Lib-Dems.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 19, 2014

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

The finale of the last night of the proms is an awful display of jingoistic nationalism, and is really cringey and poo poo. I genuinely believe this. Just for the record.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
The UKIP thing was from 2010, from waht I understand Farage has been denouncing that manifesto ever since. I'd be more interested to know what their non clown-car manifesto looks like if they ever get as far as printing one, as UKIP policy is currently interpreted by the general population as all things to all Englishmen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Betjeman posted:

The UKIP thing was from 2010, from waht I understand Farage has been denouncing that manifesto ever since. I'd be more interested to know what their non clown-car manifesto looks like if they ever get as far as printing one, as UKIP policy is currently interpreted by the general population as all things to all Englishmen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Crashbee posted:

vvvv Seriously? There's no way a Lab-Con coalition could ever happen.

Not exactly true. Unlikely as it may be, we could have a conventional World War III.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Ukraine president 'agrees truce' with opposition

Independent:

Church of England bishops demand action over hunger

Times:

:clegg:; Lego Movie builds US box office lead

Mail:
"More and more sink holes are appearing in the UK due to the recent bad weather."

quote:

“How unlucky can you get? All this AND a sink hole.”

Express:

Prince Charles takes part in Saudi Arabian sword dance

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Did he legit just forget to give his speaking character a face? I know he tends not to bother with minor details like that for background characters, but this is just really obvious.

(Keep doing this.)

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Last two weeks of If...

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That was amazing

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo that If... is loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
I do like the way Bell can capture accents in text. Really great.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nick Clegg's welfare row with archbishop – Nick Clegg has accused the archbishop of Westminster of exaggerating when he claimed the welfare system's safety net had been stripped away"

Telegraph:

Oldest Brit winner David Bowie enters independence debate

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Britain's women win curling bronze to equal Team GB record; Sochi 2014: British curling men reach Olympic final

• Locked thread