Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Another interview with Isayama. He thinks he might have made Mikasa "a bit overpowered."

I lied, it's just SoT Part 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Another interview with Isayama. He thinks he might have made Mikasa "a bit overpowered."

God drat the entire universe is cockblocking Mikasa

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Missing Name posted:

Man, Spoof on Titan is like the only 4-koma manga besides Azumanga Daioh that I've ever found actually funny.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Hey guys, I just had an epiphany. I realized what the purpose of the universal "eat people" command the Titans have is.

Earlier in the series, it's established that Eren has to have a clear objective in mind when transforming. While we don't yet know how people get turned into Titans, we do know that there are people with some sort of mind control powers.

I propose that whoever is responsible for making the feral Titans is instilling the "eat people" command into them as part of the forced transformation. This way they stay transformed and keep killing, even when the controllers are not around.

Ymir's restoration to human form is a result of overcoming this command. With it gone her Titans purpose has disappeared and the Titan goes away. The hole in this is that from what we know Ymir's first transformation appears to have been willing. So this may fall apart when we finally get more details there.

Another implication is that if Eren has the same power as these people, then he may be able to turn Titans back into people.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

Man, Spoof on Titan is like the only 4-koma manga besides Azumanga Daioh that I've ever found actually funny.

There's some good ones out there, but I can't remember any for the sake of it. I guess 4 komas can be funny, but they are usually not very memorable. I keep forgetting they exist until I check the thread anyway.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

"Eren was originally going to be traditional bishonen"

no, 13.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh, of course Hanje would be a fujoshi.

And I have no idea why I find Petra as funny as I did.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I just finished the anime. Where should I start in the manga to pick up where it left off?

I'd go back and see if it's been answered before, but I don't want to spoil myself too hard.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 26, 2014

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
IIRC, chapter 33. It's the end of the Eren-Annie fight (with some divergence, so re-read it).

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I just finished the anime. Where should I start in the manga to pick up where it left off?

I'd go back and see if it's been answered before, but I don't want to spoil myself too hard.

Also make sure you find the OVA and watch that. It will blow your mind, most likely.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Everything up until chapter 30's ending is more or less the same thing. I would start there or chapter 33.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

32-33 or something. Re-read the Annie fight since it's a bit different.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What If Sasha Was A Titan?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

JosephWongKS posted:

What If Sasha Was A Titan?

I see the potato from Dai Mahou Touge found work somewhere else.

Godders
Jun 16, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I see the potato from Dai Mahou Touge found work somewhere else.

POTATO-DONOOOOO

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:what: Well that was something different.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I can relate to this. I wish my curry cooked itself too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

User0015 posted:

I can relate to this. I wish my curry cooked itself too.

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Just throw a bunch of ingredients and spices into the pot and wait until it's done

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

pandaK posted:

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Just throw a bunch of ingredients and spices into the pot and wait until it's done

Ah, but do your ingredients and spices throw themselves (and each other) into the pot?

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Ah, but do your ingredients and spices throw themselves (and each other) into the pot?

Yeah, man. I would pay money for self-peeling potatoes.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Anyone else reading the Before the Fall manga? The art is kind of messy, and the plot hasn't really gone anywhere yet, but it's kind of interesting just because of the weird things it implies about the setting. Apparently the Survey Corps predated 3D Maneuver Gear, and even people living only 30 years after humanity moved behind the Walls don't show much sign of understanding the Titans better than the present-day people. Interestingly, there's no sign of the Wall cult so far, but there are a few crazy people who worship the Titans. I'm not sure if these things should be considered an important clue to something or just shaky logic from a dubiously-canon spinoff.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Silver2195 posted:

Anyone else reading the Before the Fall manga? The art is kind of messy, and the plot hasn't really gone anywhere yet, but it's kind of interesting just because of the weird things it implies about the setting.
I heard BtF was non-canon, so it truly has no redeeming values :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Silver2195 posted:

Anyone else reading the Before the Fall manga? The art is kind of messy, and the plot hasn't really gone anywhere yet, but it's kind of interesting just because of the weird things it implies about the setting. Apparently the Survey Corps predated 3D Maneuver Gear, and even people living only 30 years after humanity moved behind the Walls don't show much sign of understanding the Titans better than the present-day people. Interestingly, there's no sign of the Wall cult so far, but there are a few crazy people who worship the Titans. I'm not sure if these things should be considered an important clue to something or just shaky logic from a dubiously-canon spinoff.

I don't see why the survey corps could not have existed before 3d gear, they don't seem to rely on it as much as the MP.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I don't see why the survey corps could not have existed before 3d gear, they don't seem to rely on it as much as the MP.

Pretty sure the people directly engaging the titans probably have a bigger reliance on it than the people who sit around doing nothing all day.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Attack on Hedgehog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUKGjerhngc

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Saagonsa posted:

Pretty sure the people directly engaging the titans probably have a bigger reliance on it than the people who sit around doing nothing all day.

I thought it was pretty clear that 3d gear was designed to be used inside the city, since there isn't much to grapple onto outside of the walls except when they're inside a forest.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Broseph Brostar posted:

I thought it was pretty clear that 3d gear was designed to be used inside the city, since there isn't much to grapple onto outside of the walls except when they're inside a forest.

The entire point of the 3DMG is to be able to swing up on a titan to get at the back of their neck. You don't need to grapple onto buildings or even trees, you can (theoretically) use nothing but the titan itself.

It won't usually work well, but given the other option is "literally do nothing but die horribly" at least making a swing at doing something isn't too bad.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Doesn't Crunchyroll normally have the "Next chapter will be available in X days/hours/minutes" thing up by now, or am I just dumb?

coathat
May 21, 2007

They usually do but sometimes they don't put it up until the last minute.

New Spoof is about cookies. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/SpoofonTitan/

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Hey guys let's make an Attack on Titan CCG videogame and make all the women anorexic

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/kajika_eps/20120720/p6

Moe Mikasa in a yukata is amazing for being a perfect inversion of her character, and Sasha's potato meme knows no bounds, but what do that fans in Japan who can actually play the game think? Take it away Google Translate!

"Is that Isayama teacher of painted such as yukata such as fighting women Mobage? Fidelity is too terrible If other people painted, but just because there is a sense of discomfort as a picture of Isayama teacher"

"I had a blog that there was a work of comic surprising this month, but it is not a wonder picture of newly written Mobage glad there is a picture that's Isayama as abdominal muscle opponents of Mikasa"

"I Mobage Crock'll came I Ya feel are painted it after repair to clean the line card version of Mobage I think there discomfort, with possible because there is sex appeal in how to paint such as fighting unit Petra, Anna outrageous valley if Isayama painted to would not be"

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Unless I'm missing a joke or something from that really bad translation I'm pretty sure those cards are just fan art, and have been around for a while.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Looks like the chinese scans will be out a little later.

Some highlight spoilers of next chapter:

Erwin's father was a teacher who seemed to know the true history of the world. The official story doesn't match what really happened. He was disappeared for saying too much to his students.
The government wiped the memories of the people in the walls.
Sannes spills it after a short enhanced interrogation session.
The Reiss are the real royal family.
Erwin's plan: Depose the puppet king and crown Historia as queen.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The government wiped the memories of the people in the walls.

That explains why nobody seems to know about various things that happened a bit over a century ago at most. The government having the technology to do that raises more questions, though.

quote:

The Reiss are the real royal family.
Erwin's plan: Depose the puppet king and crown Historia as queen.

Sounds a bit overly convenient.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hey guys let's make an Attack on Titan CCG videogame and make all the women anorexic

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/kajika_eps/20120720/p6

Moe Mikasa in a yukata is amazing for being a perfect inversion of her character, and Sasha's potato meme knows no bounds, but what do that fans in Japan who can actually play the game think? Take it away Google Translate!

"Is that Isayama teacher of painted such as yukata such as fighting women Mobage? Fidelity is too terrible If other people painted, but just because there is a sense of discomfort as a picture of Isayama teacher"

"I had a blog that there was a work of comic surprising this month, but it is not a wonder picture of newly written Mobage glad there is a picture that's Isayama as abdominal muscle opponents of Mikasa"

"I Mobage Crock'll came I Ya feel are painted it after repair to clean the line card version of Mobage I think there discomfort, with possible because there is sex appeal in how to paint such as fighting unit Petra, Anna outrageous valley if Isayama painted to would not be"

Maybe those are preview pictures of what the cast will look like when they run out of food inside the walls.

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Say, have you heard of the Attack on Titan Burger? :burger:
http://kotaku.com/the-attack-on-titan-burgers-look-utterly-disgusting-1537609511

It's apparently a real thing, and it comes with all this:

Oh, what terrible beauty. This is both disgusting and brilliant. No joke. There is no way that the people who conceived this didn't see the delicious irony. Selling this wall of meat, with imagery of a skinless humanoid titan, exposed human flesh. Then you open wide to eat it, you mouth dripping with the fat and milk of lowly, captive animals. More sustenance than you'd ever need, you gorge yourself on the pleasure of flesh.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

But does it contain potatoes?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Syntax Erin posted:

http://kotaku.com/the-attack-on-titan-burgers-look-utterly-disgusting-1537609511

Oh, what terrible beauty. This is both disgusting and brilliant. No joke. There is no way that the people who conceived this didn't see the delicious irony. Selling this wall of meat, with imagery of a skinless humanoid titan, exposed human flesh. Then you open wide to eat it, you mouth dripping with the fat and milk of lowly, captive animals. More sustenance than you'd ever need, you gorge yourself on the pleasure of flesh.

It hurts my mouth just trying to imagine biting into that monstrosity.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Syntax Erin posted:

It's us. We are the titans.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

It's us. We are the titans.

And on that day, organkind got a grim reminder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wir sind die Burger!