Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mike du Jour[/b]

You couldn't just use a real drink like an appletini, you had to make one up?

I sure am looking forward to a full week of learning what it means to be a guy from Mike Lester, confirmed wife-beater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Howard Beale posted:

I sure am looking forward to a full week of learning what it means to be a guy from Mike Lester, confirmed wife-beater.

Hey don't give away the punch line.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

:gonk:

gurgh
Sorry, just imagined the smell that figs and frog legs would produce.

Calvin And Hobbes, depressing edition

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Farcus is in re-runs. Huzzah.

You will never guess the premise of Fat Cats!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Indolent Bastard posted:

To be fair it's 2014 and most well off people who are under age 55 get their news from various online sources. The closest I come to "watching news" is a clip that is linked to from a thread.

Ugh, I keep forgetting that it's not 1995 anymore. This magic picture box betrays me at every turn. :doh:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

And here is the most loving surreal Compu-Toon I've seen. I'm from Mississippi, and when I read it I thought, "Oh, there must be plenty of podunk towns named Tupelo." Then I looked up where Boyce actually lives. He lives in Olive Branch, Mississippi, meaning he's about an hour from the Birthplace of The King, Tupelo, MS. Which I grew up also an hour away from.

It is doubly surreal to now know that not only the guy that does Lucky Cow but also Boyce both live in Mississippi.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
This Phantom "storyline" is incredibly bad. Walker is a giant hypocrite and is just a big as criminal as those he claims to fight against.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps is doing a thing. (click for big)

The Creeps is the best.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Indolent Bastard posted:

Try this version of "Royals".

I think I would just recommend Postmodern Jukebox in general.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Tiggum posted:

The Creeps is the best.

That's also a real AV Club article.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Oh Jesus, Brooke, the Arabesque thing again? :suicide:

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/18/2003

Oh Jesus, Brooke, the Arabesque thing again? :suicide:

I just realized why this rung a bell deep in my memory pile by combining "Inexplicable reference to the word 'Arabesque' with 'hideous comic.'" I remembered it because of Areba Koala and his sister Arabesque. I'm starting to think Brooke is just going down the definition list of the word "Arabesque" to make comics. I suppose in a few days we're going to see some loving Arabesque architecture to cap off this Trifecta of poo poo that Brooke is pushing.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Try this version of "Royals".

Holy poo poo, that's brilliant!

Goddamn did I laugh at that. I'm not a giant Dilbert fan, but that was loving hilarious for some reason. :v:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

A couple avs for the Little My fans

Luann

Apartment 3-G

I think maybe Bolle doesn't know what a Cheshire Cat is. Or a grin.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd say there's no way this can be topped, but I just know this strip will prove me wrong.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
We said that about Clown 9 too.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Thank you for reminding me to listen to that album again. :drat:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't recognize those as sunglasses at first.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't recognize those as sunglasses at first.

While I'm really digging lost side of suburbia, Zachary Nixon Johnson is the worst kind of pandery fetish comic this side of Holbrook.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 1st 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Uh, I'm clueless. What's the reference? That said, this is still a pretty neat strip. It's getting a little Blade Runner/dystopian feel. I like. :)

E:

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

While I'm really digging lost side of suburbia, Zachary Nixon Johnson is the worst kind of pandery fetish comic this side of Holbrook.

Eh, I'm not sure at this point. It's not really gotten rolling yet, and that is a big negative. It's dragging out longer than an Apartment 3-G. It's still pretty tolerable.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 19, 2014

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Poor Blanche, no one to catch her on her own drop. That's the rather quick end of The Gallows Bird.

Next time on Modesty Blaise:

It's back to Merry Olde England

And Willie's hooking up with an old crush

But as always, trouble happens

So willie and Modesty search for clues

But all they find are

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I stopped posting these Dog Comix just as stuff started getting interesting!

You mean Dog Hobo Jungle. Heck, I talk west better'n these baldies and I ain't even frisked my first drag.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Now, if it were the sweet sticky rice from Thai restaurants, that'd be a legit treat.

Also, regarding our Dog Comix....

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Quincy

Some Gizmo Office Hours

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

You could probably make quite a reputation for yourself at your school doing that.

Retail

Hey, isn't Stuart single? What a great opportunity for both of them! Just give her his phone number.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Because they were programmed to do so. Robots have no free will after all...

Dustin

Nice try. You got me on the Paraguayan Olympic Javelin model but I don't give a drat about your old man references.

On the Fastrack

I would've thought Bejeweled since she's into shiny objects.

Safe Havens

You don't like swimming?

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Nice try. You got me on the Paraguayan Olympic Javelin model but I don't give a drat about your old man references.

Oh yeah you're so loving out there with your reference, not like there was a Get Smart movie only a few years ago with loving Steve Carell AND The Rock in it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Good idea to tell her that after she's been drinking and is holding a letter opener. Does this guy never learn?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

This is a funny joke if you imagine it's a one-panel comic. I laughed. v:saddowns:v

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

I'm becoming more and more convinced you don't actually know what this word means, only that it means something unpleasant, so you just throw it at everything that annoys you like a swearing schoolkid.
(Door's open, come on in.)

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Uh, I'm clueless. What's the reference?

No reference: they didn't recognize them as sunglasses because the art is not very artful.

Probably Magic posted:

Also, regarding our Dog Comix....

This is why Poncho is specifically King of the Dog Hobos. Sort of like Death of Rats.

If it turns out tomorrow that he's wrapped the mailman in bandages, then I just don't know.

Pidmon posted:

Oh yeah you're so loving out there with your reference, not like there was a Get Smart movie only a few years ago with loving Steve Carell AND The Rock in it.

Did he say "Maxwell Smart's shoe"? No, he did not. :colbert:

Johnny Hazard

When a package meets a package, comin' through the rye...

Krazy Kat

Ahh, Ignatz must have stocked up on those new "POW-less" bricks. Very crafty.

Classic Mandrake

Ohhhhhhh heck. Between Narda's clenched-fist murderface in the third panel and Lothar being referred to as a "what" in the fourth, I'm still not certain whether we're jumping in at a good point or a bad one, but some kinda poo poo's about to go down, that's for drat sure.

Gahan Wilson

Hey, that reminds me: what ever happened to Holy Molé?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Bitchtits McGee posted:

This is a good point. If the reference was actually good, he would have. The kids googling Don Adams is just as likely to make them confused as to why Inspector Gadget's shoe was a smartphone.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Especially since it was his hand. :v:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grilox posted:

This is a good point. If the reference was actually good, he would have. The kids googling Don Adams is just as likely to make them confused as to why Inspector Gadget's shoe was a smartphone.

"Beam me up, James Doohan! Ha ha ha ha, I love making references the kids don't get, young people, am I right?"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bitchtits McGee posted:

The problem with that is that Don Adams was just an actor using a prop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Julet Esqu posted:

A couple avs for the Little My fans

Thanks for this, the text is obvious.

Probably Magic posted:

"Beam me up, James Doohan! Ha ha ha ha, I love making references the kids don't get, young people, am I right?"

It's also pretty assholish of him to talk about his kids like they're not even there. While looking at one of them.

But that's why we love Dustin.

• Locked thread