Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Look at the enormous spike in democracy after dig.

And the subsequent anarchy changing it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Jay O posted:

It's not "fine," it's "I refuse to let anyone make progress in this game if we can't play it my way at all times." Even though Democracy Mode, while slow, is more accurate and results in more progress in less time than anarchy.

The start9 stuff helps literally no one because now they can't even make progress while they wait for anarchy mode to kick back in. Earlier they could at least do that.

I'm sorry that this experiment/exhibition isn't solving pokemon in the most efficient way possible. Maybe you should watch a TAS instead since you clearly don't understand what you're watching.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

flatluigi posted:

People get upset about democracy doing nothing because start9 keeps getting voted for, and people keep voting start9 because they're upset democracy got voted for.

Disable democracy problem solved

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

Zahki posted:

It's fascinating how closely it parallells the american system.

*Democrats get voted in*
*Republicans try to block every piece of legislation they can with Start9 spam*
"Look, they're getting nothing done! Vote Anarchist!"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Drowzee got boxed at the same time as Flareon, so in the mythos he was the one keeping him in jail:

theres also this one now

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Just going to remind y'all that Anarchy is how we got to Giovanni the last two times and beat him more recently. Also how we hilariously dug out of his office on multiple occasions. Democracy is just like watching a 90-year-old man play through Pokemon.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
How about instead of throwing a temper tantrum whenever people vote in democracy, you just.... say 'anarchy'

Regardless welcome to the next 24 hours

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AlmightyBob posted:

Disable democracy problem solved

I, too, want the stream to die because we were stuck on the same puzzle for weeks.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I have to go out of town for 4 days starting Friday and my biggest regret is missing 4 days of this.

All the news updates lose excitement when you weren't there for the 4-8 hours of build up before it :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

that was a terrible post, thanks for bringing it to my attention

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jay O posted:

It's not "fine," it's "I refuse to let anyone make progress in this game if we can't play it my way at all times." Even though Democracy Mode, while slow, is more accurate and results in more progress in less time than anarchy.

The start9 stuff helps literally no one because now they can't even make progress while they wait for anarchy mode to kick back in. Earlier they could at least do that.

please source your quotes

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

flatluigi posted:

I, too, want the stream to die because we were stuck on the same puzzle for weeks.

Good thing we got through it then

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AlmightyBob posted:

Good thing we got through it then

By switching to Democracy. :)

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

flatluigi posted:

By switching to Democracy. :)

and now we don't need it anymore, so disable it like I said.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Let's just turn off democracy until we get to Giovanni's Last Stand. We seriously can't do any spinner mazes in Anarchy mode, and we get nothing done except for spinner mazes in Democracy mode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

how did Flareon get lumped in with Democracy, if anything the majority of chat was like "EEVEE WILL RUIN THE GAME"

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Salt Fish posted:

I'm sorry that this experiment/exhibition isn't solving pokemon in the most efficient way possible. Maybe you should watch a TAS instead since you clearly don't understand what you're watching.

It's not about efficiency, it's about observing the psychology of internet hivemind. They could have shoved for anarchy and gotten it back just as fast if not faster, but the start9 spam is a childish behavior borne only out of the desire to have it their way and only their way even if it deliberately hinders all progress.

"It's your turn to play with the truck for five minutes? WELL I'LL FIND A WAY TO RUIN THOSE FIVE MINUTES FOR YOU INSTEAD OF WAITING EVEN FIVE loving MINUTES."

See again: US Government Shutdown.

Not trying to ruin anyone's fun with all the serious words, but if this is really a social experiment, that's one of the most interesting parts about it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The point is that democracy mode never should have been added. We somehow managed to bullshit our way up to rocket hideout without needing it, and apart from the Safari Zone we've hit arguably the hardest parts of the game and brute forced through them. All it does is divert effort elsewhere, further cause the chat to load with useless spam, and slow down the fun.

Watching things like digrat pull us out of Giovanni's room multiple times is the entire purpose of the stream.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Best solution is probably just enabling Democracy in times of hard puzzles after the default stream settings prove unworkable. I mean, we got through Cut. We got through The Ledge. We even beat Gio. We don't need some vote system holding our hands for maximum efficiency every time a minor setback happens.

Now, if we fail a million times in a row? Then the option should appear. But only then.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Shukaro posted:

How about instead of throwing a temper tantrum whenever people vote in democracy, you just.... say 'anarchy'

start9 is more effective because people have to outvote both start9 and anarchy to keep democracy going, and if their numbers are comparable, that's basically impossible.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Haven't been keeping up, what's the deal with Eevee/Flareon?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

AlmightyBob posted:

and now we don't need it anymore, so disable it like I said.

Because that was the last precision puzzle in the game

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

precision posted:

how did Flareon get lumped in with Democracy, if anything the majority of chat was like "EEVEE WILL RUIN THE GAME"

Because domocracy is bad and therefore associated with Flareon by default.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jay O posted:

It's not about efficiency, it's about observing the psychology of internet hivemind. They could have shoved for anarchy and gotten it back just as fast if not faster, but the start9 spam is a childish behavior borne only out of the desire to have it their way and only their way even if it deliberately hinders all progress.

"It's your turn to play with the truck for five minutes? WELL I'LL FIND A WAY TO RUIN THOSE FIVE MINUTES FOR YOU INSTEAD OF WAITING EVEN FIVE loving MINUTES."

See again: US Government Shutdown.

Not trying to ruin anyone's fun with all the serious words, but if this is really a social experiment, that's one of the most interesting parts about it.

lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mineaiki posted:

Just going to remind y'all that Anarchy is how we got to Giovanni the last two times and beat him more recently. Also how we hilariously dug out of his office on multiple occasions. Democracy is just like watching a 90-year-old man play through Pokemon.
we were literally stuck in a spinner maze for a day with anarchy. Democracy managed to get us through long enough to get the shortcut, or else we'd still be stuck there.

The digging was hilarious though.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it
oh poo poo i just realized i was attempting to post in games. :wtc: sorry, won't do that no more.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Did anarchy get through the second maze? When I went to work they had just switched to democracy for it and were still loving it up because seemingly only the morning democrats understood the stream delay. :v:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Republicans posted:

We lost 2 fan favorite Pokemon trying to get it to evolve, picked the wrong Eevee evolution, and after all that ended up releasing it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Republicans posted:

Fanfiction. We got one, it got released, that's about all you need to know.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jay O posted:

oh poo poo i just realized i was attempting to post in games. :wtc: sorry, won't do that no more.

in all honesty your posts are exactly what i would expect out of a games poster

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

precision posted:

Yes, and Flareon is viewed as the cause of all evil.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Xythar posted:

start9 is more effective because people have to outvote both start9 and anarchy to keep democracy going, and if their numbers are comparable, that's basically impossible.

Ya but the issue is that's just throwing a temper tantrum and making the stream unwatchable.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Jay O posted:

Well my fun is totally ruined, thanks for that.
Realtalk: The streamer's words from the interview went like: "It's only a social experiment inasmuch I just want to see what happens".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Geight posted:

Did anarchy get through the second maze? When I went to work they had just switched to democracy for it and were still loving it up because seemingly only the morning democrats understood the stream delay. :v:

Democracy is how everyone managed to get through both spinner mazes and unlock the shortcut.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
We did democracy for the spin maze because it's nearly impossible with anarchy. Getting to Giovanni, on the other hand, we've done multiple times, so pulling democracy out there just makes it "do the thing we've already done, but in a more boring way". Democracy should be saved for the parts we have no way of doing otherwise, since its actually interesting then.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Loving the neoliberal line of comparing revolutionaries to children :start9:

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Shukaro posted:

Ya but the issue is that's just throwing a temper tantrum and making the stream unwatchable.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Democracy is bad because I will ruin it for everyone if it gets instated - John Mccain

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Have your start9 and rot with it in Celadon hell forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Lightanchor posted:

Loving the neoliberal line of comparing revolutionaries to children :start9:

lol neoliberal

• Locked thread