Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This should be a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Worth it. Looks awesome. Chris Pratt is the best.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

:allears: I'm in, midnight showing. And I didn't even have to watch Jimmy Kimmel!

E: "1 Count Sex Crime: Illegal Manipulation of Gramosian Duchess" I don't know what that means but it's great

HaitianDivorce fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 19, 2014

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Whelp, I'm sold.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just e-mailed the link to my dad (who likes superhero movies) and my brother (who has no interest in them), because they both love Chris Pratt on Parks & Recreation.

This is going to make him a movie star, and I think it'll either be the surprise hit of the summer or Marvel Studios' first bomb.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Well, I went from having zero expectations to really wanting to see it. Good work, Marvel.

Please don't be a bomb

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just e-mailed the link to my dad (who likes superhero movies) and my brother (who has no interest in them), because they both love Chris Pratt on Parks & Recreation.

Well we don't really have a choice, what with Jurassic World and all. Luckily he's goddamn charming and has real screen presence, unlike most of the leading men that Hollywood tries to foister upon us.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
John C. Reilly member of the Nova Corps

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

As someone with no previous knowledge of GotG, I'm guessing this is going to something of an action-comedy movie?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hi liter posted:

As someone with no previous knowledge of GotG, I'm guessing this is going to something of an action-comedy movie?

Yep and it will be glorious. I mean what do you expect when a main character is a talking gun totting raccoon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SirDan3k posted:

OBSCENE GESTURE IMMINENT

OBSCENE GESTURE ALERT

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
August 1st is going to be a long wait.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That looks amazing. I cannot wait.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I just realised the guy next to John C Reilly is Peter Serafinowicz (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Look Around You). Wonderful, had no idea he was in this.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OBSCENE GESTURE IMMINENT

OBSCENE GESTURE ALERT

That bit was hilarious. And it's good to see the Nova Corps uniforms don't look quite as bad as I thought they would after seeing the props.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

SirDan3k posted:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OBSCENE GESTURE IMMINENT

OBSCENE GESTURE ALERT

And the end when they started playing "hooked on a feeling"!

Day. loving. One.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

hi liter posted:

Definitely a sci-fi action-comedy, like all the funny parts of Star Wars and Firefly, but probably raunchier than either.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well that was delightful.

Y Signal
Feb 17, 2009

I love you, Tiger Millionaire.
So. Ready. For. This.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I just realised the guy next to John C Reilly is Peter Serafinowicz (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Look Around You). Wonderful, had no idea he was in this.

And the voice of Darth Maul, one of the better decisions in that movie.

HOLY loving poo poo, that knocked it out of the park. They could not have gotten someone better than Chris Pratt for the role. I was sold with the opening scene.

"Who?"

And Since posting that on my facebook, I've gotten a dozen messages from friends going "what the hell is this? It looks awesome!" and its just easy to say "its like marvel's firefly..." because that's easier than explaining the whole thing. My cousin said his daughters loved it.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 19, 2014

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Okay Marvel, you've got my attention. Go on.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

twistedmentat posted:

And Since posting that on my facebook, I've gotten a dozen messages from friends going "what the hell is this? It looks awesome!" and its just easy to say "its like marvel's firefly..." because that's easier than explaining the whole thing.

Until you said that it had not even crossed my mind that the trench coat look for star-lord in this movie is probably a direct stab at getting brown coats to be just a little more interested.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
#guardiansofthegalaxy is 3rd top trending hashtag on twitter now, behind the one from @midnight and something that looks like a lame self help one.

Pyronic posted:

Until you said that it had not even crossed my mind that the trench coat look for star-lord in this movie is probably a direct stab at getting brown coats to be just a little more interested.

I prefer his Space Prussian look, but its a good look. And honestly, I mean its like a group of generally good people who are trying to do things, but they tend to end up committing crimes. I just wish we saw Ronan or at least some generic Kree in the trailer. And no Nova helms!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sold.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

kickin' rad

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Is that Ronan lifting Drax up by the neck in that one, very brief flash during the action montage?

Trailer is amazing.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OBSCENE GESTURE IMMINENT

OBSCENE GESTURE ALERT

I'm sorry, I don't know how this machine works!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

And the voice of Darth Maul, one of the better decisions in that movie.

HOLY loving poo poo, that knocked it out of the park. They could not have gotten someone better than Chris Pratt for the role. I was sold with the opening scene.

I've heard a couple of grumbling from some sourpusses about how Starlord isn't supposed to be comedic. That he is "a badass and burned out from PTSD. Also, not a joke."

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Best superhero trailer from the big 2? Judging just trailers, it looks way more lighthearted than Spider-Man.

It is awesome to see a trailer that just gives a feel for the tone without letting you feel like you watched the movie already.

E: ^^ yes, I have been waiting for a movie about a weary, burned out superhero. Tell me about the burdens of being awesome and shooting lasers.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 19, 2014

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

achillesforever6 posted:

I've heard a couple of grumbling from some sourpusses about how Starlord isn't supposed to be comedic. That he is "a badass and burned out from PTSD. Also, not a joke."

Exhibit A:

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

achillesforever6 posted:

He's well known for his sarcastic wit and has a lot of banter with other characters (especially Rocket) But from what we've seen this Peter is probably borrowing a bit of the personality from the early Star-Lord when he was an overconfident jerk from the original stories, before he gets humbled by his mistakes etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

achillesforever6 posted:

That sounds a lot like someone though "Oh poo poo, everyone is loving this, there for I can draw attention to myself by being the guy who says it sucks!".

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

That sounds a lot like someone though "Oh poo poo, everyone is loving this, there for I can draw attention to myself by being the guy who says it sucks!".

Just ask the posters in GBS.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Billy Idle posted:

Just ask the posters in GBS.

This is never good advice.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

SOLD!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I'm beyond sold. Man that looks rad as hell.

I'm just worried that I'm tainted from Marvel vs Capcom 3's voice of Rocket Raccoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay1YAgp68qQ

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
That trailer was better than I ahd dared to hope. Between Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and now this, Marvel is putting out some very entertaining films.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I'm uncertain. I was expecting 'epic space opera'. I don't mind silly comedy, but the trailer gives the impression there's gonna be more of that then epic space opera. Hopefully they strike a good balance, because as said, this IS a movie where two of the heroes are a talking(?) gun obsessed raccoon and a tree that can only say its name is Groot.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Nope, I'm down as gently caress with this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Quill's criminal record isn't very legendary:
1 count of fraud
2 counts assault/drunkenness
1 count ex crime: "illegal manipulation of gramosian duchess"

• Locked thread