Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ego Trip posted:

This is painful to look at. Like, it causes me to physical pain in my eyeballs.

Please, it's no Barry. Preemptive gently caress you to anyone who posts him in response to this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

colonel_korn posted:

This one maybe?

Ramirez is really hung up on the whole Obama as King thing, he wrote an editorial for IBD about it. It's about as disingenuous and petty as you'd think.

Oh Mike, you card :allears:

I just...what the gently caress. gently caress you, Ramirez, you disingenuous piece of poo poo. PRESIDUNT IS KING LOL RIGHT GUYS? SERIOUS THOUGH

This thread has finally stared back into me. Last night I laughed uncontrollably at the latest Dry Bones for about 10 minutes. After that, I actually went and looked up Yaakov's Twitter and read the Dry Bones FB page too. I couldn't tell you why I did it. I was giggling like an idiot the whole time.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

colonel_korn posted:

Ramirez is really hung up on the whole Obama as King thing, he wrote an editorial for IBD about it. It's about as disingenuous and petty as you'd think.

quote:

Is Barack Obama Our First American King?

President Obama will be spending Valentine's Day with the one he loves the most. Michelle and the kids will be vacationing separately.

Political leanings aside, we can safely say that no, Obama is not the first American president to be a king. That fine honor belongs to none other than Gerald Ford.

quote:

President Gerald R. Ford was born on July 14, 1913 at Omaha, Nebraska and was originally given the name Leslie Lynch King, Jr.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Ramirez clearly doesn't get how much of a crutch that godawful instant hatching is, especially when he supplements it with his apparently aimless cross-hatching. It's a mess, but mostly because the hatching makes it incomprehensible. If that was shaded normally, or hell, not shaded at all, it might not be good but it would actually be readable. But he covers it from top to bottom in completely parallel scratches, so none of the shading fits the objects being shaded, and then he takes a pen and just goes to town, with no regard for any form of aesthetics.

Look at that pillar, the pattern there isn't shadow; it's charcoalised cobwebs. And then there's the curtains and drapes, where none of the shading fits or flows, and the effect on the clothes which is just distractingly bad and out of place. You can't really tell what the seals on either side of the picture are meant to be, because they're such an illegible mess. And it all comes together to make your eyes want to vomit themselves out of your skull.

Can he really think this looks good? Or is he using the same self-deceptive "It's just my style" reasoning that Rall uses to explain his stuff?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

colonel_korn posted:

This one maybe?

Oh Mike, you card :allears:

Holy god the comments:

quote:

Ellman48 • 5 days ago −
"But as president, Obama reminded us recently, you "can do whatever you want." It's good to be king."

Everyone knows that the Left gave birth to the doctrine of 'political correctness' and other social abnormalities which contradict human nature. I suddenly realized that one of its most significant contributions to the decline of our culture and virility is "anger management". Rarely do I read an article containing a conservative point of view or depicting some despicable moral turpitude from a Democrat where the writer openly expresses his anger and contempt at the injustice and inequity he has been commenting on. If the Obama's extravagance in spending our tax dollars on personal vacations and luxurious resorts cannot bring people to furious anger than probably nothing can. We have retained very little of the character which made us a great country and a great people. Each decade or so the Left makes us even more like craven sheep marching meekly toward the butcher's block. Once Obama emasculates the military there will be no heroes left to admire or emulate.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"right after" = a year and a half later

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also don't violate campaign law!

Sure they say they impounded my car because I owed $45,000 in unpaid speeding tickets, but we all know it's because I said,"More like Commander-in-Thief!" at the TV when I watched the State of the Union.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pee pee poo poo he is a bad monarch.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

So, I just noticed ramirez ALWAYS draws obama with his eyes closed, is there a reason for that?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Tom Guycot posted:

So, I just noticed ramirez ALWAYS draws obama with his eyes closed, is there a reason for that?

Because he's an uppity nigg- holier-than-thou king-wannabe

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tom Guycot posted:

Worms don't have eyes.

Dayvan Cowboy
Feb 11, 2014

Tom Guycot posted:

Not always...

It's just better that Obama's eyes stay closed.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Worms don't have eyes.

Nor do square guys.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Search for "Obama arrogant" "Obama smug" "Obama elitist" or anything like that, and you will 100% of the time get this as your #1 result:

That's why. This single picture from 2008(?) is why every conservative's caricature of Obama has his eyes closed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tom Guycot posted:

It is based on this image:

I have no idea what the context of it is, whether Obama was honestly making a smug face for some reason or he just happened to be blinking during a photograph or got caught mid-sneeze or whatever, but cartoonists latched onto it as the way Obama ALWAYS LOOKS ALL THE TIME!

Edit: Beaten like Mitt Romney in the 2012 Election.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Political Cartoons 2014: Go to Hell. Go directly to Hell

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Someday, gun :haw:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
First time a McCoy and JRRose! have had the same cartoon topic in the same week.

The Godwin parallel.

"I dunno, Hitler. What are we going to do tonight?"

Obama isn't a man, apparently.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Internet Webguy posted:

Obama isn't a man, apparently.

My first thought was 'At least his eyes aren't closed'. My second was 'Also he doesn't have that classic Gorrell eyelid droop'. A strong effort for Gorrell, I give it an F+.

quote:

That is a pretty neat elephant.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

"I dunno, Hitler. What are we going to do tonight?"

StalinHitler, best known for his thick, bushy moustache.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Dayvan Cowboy posted:

Not always...

It's just better that Obama's eyes stay closed.

Holy poo poo, is Ramirez under mental observation yet?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Is Bennett just trying to give NRA types a chance to AGC his stuff? What's the intended message here other than an easily reinterpreted "guns bad"? Also, his drawings of guns really are not great, which is unusual.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, this whole "OBAMA EXECUTIVE ORDERS BOOGITY BOOGITY" thing is really not going to work for Republicans. That's the kind of dry, philosophical criticism that liberals usually try to pull and it's not going to work on swing voters (who would probably respond more harshly to inaction). All it's good for is working the olds and bitter clingers and racists into a fury, which they are already in, all the time. Every actual executive order Obama issues will be popular because, well, he pays people to figure out what the popular thing to do is and listens to them. Like a politician.

Considering the only other talking point I've seen recently is "OBAMA IS DONE FOR, BECAUSE OF OBAMACARE, REALLY THIS TIME FOR REAL" when there's basically nothing left to go wrong for Obamacare and it's already proven it will work as intended. Maybe Steny Hoyer has a point about the midterm elections being winnable for the Democrats, who knows.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Führer Supreme-Leader-For-A-Head.

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

I like this elephant. I want to see a whole series of "tea-party elephant stomps on things".

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is Bennett just trying to give NRA types a chance to AGC his stuff? What's the intended message here other than an easily reinterpreted "guns bad"? Also, his drawings of guns really are not great, which is unusual.

I have a feeling that when Bennett has an appointment, he just bangs out something that's sure to make his comment section explode. It's still better than what most people can do when they're trying.

I do wish he'd do more international stuff if there's nothing going on locally though.

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Holy god the comments:

I get the idea, Obama's actual spent vacation days aside, that people who bitch about "ARE TAX DOLLURS" don't actually know that POTUS is a paid government position. Or do they just assume Obama's actually the biggest welfare queen in the world because "those people"?

I guess those same people are the ones who hate the idea of government employees getting paid at all, so maybe I'm overthinking this.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

tifosibella posted:

I get the idea, Obama's actual spent vacation days aside, that people who bitch about "ARE TAX DOLLURS" don't actually know that POTUS is a paid government position. Or do they just assume Obama's actually the biggest welfare queen in the world because "those people"?

I guess those same people are the ones who hate the idea of government employees getting paid at all, so maybe I'm overthinking this.

They just wish he could do something worthwhile like go to a ranch and cut scrub brush with a chainsaw.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
edit: wrong thread

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

And they're mad he's had the gall to visit his home state which is full of poverty and extremely proud to finally have a US president come from there a lavish tropical paradise, while the rest of us are suffering in our boring Midwestern towns or whatever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's not from HI though which is what makes his lavish use of taxpayer dollars so galling!

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay
I know, I know. I haven't fully clawed my way out of the fluffy and safe just-woken-up haze. My brain can only process so much pettiness this early. :smith:

At least if they didn't know the President is on salary, that would just make them stupid.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

tifosibella posted:

I know, I know. I haven't fully clawed my way out of the fluffy and safe just-woken-up haze. My brain can only process so much pettiness this early. :smith:

At least if they didn't know the President is on salary, that would just make them stupid.

Uh, didn't you know that every single tax dollar goes directly to Obama? He makes millions for sitting around and doing nothing while simultaneously working extremely hard to run the country into the ground. Wake up, sheeple :freep:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Webguy posted:

The Godwin parallel.

It's called the 38th Parallel because it's a line that is 38 degrees north of, and parallel to, the equator. It is also border of North and South Korea. If you already drew the 38th parallel, you don't need to draw another NK/SK border, and certainly if your drawing isn't a straight line :psyduck:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

bonewitch posted:

Uh, didn't you know that every single tax dollar goes directly to Obama? He makes millions for sitting around and doing nothing while simultaneously working extremely hard to run the country into the ground. Wake up, sheeple :freep:

and he's the most inefficient waste of money because he's like all government workers, IT'S A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

EXCEPT WHEN HE'S NOT!:freep:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

bonewitch posted:

Tax dollars go directly to paying government officials who waste it immediately. At the same time, the government produces money from a magical bag and uses it to pay for inefficient services.

These two things are completely unrelated. Taxes aren't used to pay for services, don't be silly.

:downs: I swear, this is the same sort of logic I used when I was 5 and was vaguely aware my parents went to work for some reason and at the same time aware that they were able to buy food and so on but the two really weren't connected in my mind.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Government is bloated and inefficient. It needs cuts!

Whoa whoa, why are you suggesting slashing the defense budget?

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 19, 2014

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Is it me or does this strip make even less sense than usual?

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?
She eats dogs now? So is Hunny Bunny (or whatever her name is) Obama instead of Hillary now? God, I can never keep track of who is what in this strip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is Stantis seriously making an OBAMA WILL EAT YOUR DOG joke nearly two years after that embarrassing but short-lived meme died

• Locked thread