Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I really wish they'd include two features:a "drop x" button for items like ore you don't actually want and just have because you're mining, and the ability to skill from within your bank so it's a bit less tedious when you're trying to make 1000 potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eikre
May 2, 2009
You can quickslot the ore you're mining and mash on its hotkey to drop your whole inventory in less than a second.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
If you hold the button it drops it quicker than you can press the key to drop individually, like 2 seconds to dump an inventory. It doesn't stop your current action either so you can keep mining/fishing/woodcutting while you're dropping.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man gently caress the sliding puzzle in Monkey Madness. I figured Hol Ander was just having trouble with it because those things don't mentally click for a lot of people and that I'd lend a hand.

Nope, it gave me three unsolvable ones in a row. What makes me confident they were unsolvable? 19, 20, and 24 weren't in the right order to be solved. Literally mathematically impossible to solve.

:jagex:

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 19, 2014

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Magres posted:

Man gently caress the sliding puzzle in Monkey Madness. I figured Hol Ander was just having trouble with it because those things don't mentally click for a lot of people and that I'd lend a hand.

Nope, it gave me three unsolvable ones in a row. What makes me confident they were unsolvable? 19, 20, and 24 weren't in the right order to be solved. Literally mathematically impossible to solve.

Oh God that quest is on my to do list. I had enough of a problem with Elemental Workshop 3, so if that spits out unsolvable problems I'm gonna get so mad. :negative:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I mean, I did Monkey Madness yeeeeaaaars ago, but I recall "Do Top 3 rows one at a time, bottom left corner, then bottom right" to do the trick.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
Or if you feel really :effort: you can pay Glough 200k to solve the puzzle for you in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I mean, I did Monkey Madness yeeeeaaaars ago, but I recall "Do Top 3 rows one at a time, bottom left corner, then bottom right" to do the trick.

I actually don't mean 'OMG THIS PUZZLE IS TOO HARD IT'S IMPOSSIBLE,' I mean 'a mathematically unsolvable puzzle.'

Given a standard 5x5 slider puzzle where

code:
|01|02|03|04|05|
|06|07|08|09|10|
|11|12|13|14|15|
|16|17|18|19|20|
|21|22|23|24|..|
is the correct configuration given that |..| is the empty square, then

code:
|01|02|03|04|05|
|06|07|08|09|10|
|11|12|13|14|15|
|16|17|18|19|24|
|21|22|23|20|..|
is not possible to solve. The 20 and the 24 are switched and there is no way to fix them. I'm actually a pretty big sperglord for slider puzzles and am very good at them, and know some of the mathematics behind solving them.

Some dumb idiot posted:

Or if you feel really :effort: you can pay Glough 200k to solve the puzzle for you in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Babygoons, do this. Slider puzzles are frustrating and tedious for people who don't get them, and it's going to be a million times worse when you have a 50/50 chance of getting an unsolvable puzzle and don't know sliders well enough to be able to just chew through the puzzle quickly and see if it's actually solvable. If you're broke, ask in clan chat - of the high level Goons I'm one of the more poor ones because I'm a scrub and hate grinding cash, and 200k is still essentially nothing to me. We can pay for you to be able to skip some of the shittiness that is Monkey Madness.

Magres fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 19, 2014

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
The thing with that, if I recall, is some of the pieces look almost alike.

5 and 16 are pretty close to being each other. As are 21 and and 11. There's just not a huge difference on some of the pieces.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Jersey Mike posted:

I really wish they'd include two features:a "drop x" button for items like ore you don't actually want and just have because you're mining, and the ability to skill from within your bank so it's a bit less tedious when you're trying to make 1000 potions.

Skilling from the bank would be the best thing on the planet. It would make it a little easier to chew through the 12k unf pots that I wanna make.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I seriously cannot wait for my training courses to end this weekend, the only thing I can really play is phone games while walking back and forth from place to place. I want to play Heist god damnit :argh:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
This is how much money I've made off of Kingdom/Farming/Fishing/Daily Challenges/and a little slayer after a couple of weeks.

I feel pretty good right now! (Also farm reeds that 2.5m of toads only took me like 5 days of harvesting the four patches twice a day)

EDIT: Oh my god spirit shards cost sooo much money! I'm now down to 13m from my 34m. :qq:

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 19, 2014

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Magres posted:

Yeah the fact you can even get an unsolvable clue and they haven't fixed it yet in the live game (they actually fixed it on oldschool) shows you the kind of QA jagex has.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

ive got a problem

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Why did you buy 2,000 Rune Helms :stare:

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Simsmagic posted:

Clan Talent Director: Qualifications?
Applicant: Treasure Trail emote props, Babby Player care packs, Hi Alching, and Treasure Trail emote props.
Clan Talent Director: You said Treasure Trail twice.
Applicant: I like Treasure Trail.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Simsmagic posted:

Gotta be lazy and high alch some things with the money I'm not using for unf pots.

But yeah, I ended up making about 4.5m for three hours of barely-paying-attention work. Unf pots own.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 20, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

6666 HP

Time to do a quick farming run, oh hey an impli- holy poo poo another Kingly!!

Khriptik
Mar 5, 2013
Is there a goons old-school RS thread?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
This one. We have some people who play OSRS, henceforth called Osiris because OSiRiS and because Osiris is the god of the dead and people who play OSRS are clearly craving their own demise and simply idling away the days with Osiris until the sweet embrace of death comes for them.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, you can talk about old-school here but be aware that you're bad and you stink like poo and we will all maintain that.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Yeah, you can talk about old-school here but be aware that you're bad and you stink like poo and we will all maintain that.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/happy-birthday?oldschool=1

quote:

Twelve months ago thousands of players landed on Tutorial Island for the first time in many years. Thus the adventure of Old School began. Today Old School has flourished into a vibrant and active game with a really strong and passionate community. We are really proud of what the community has achieved during the last year and we think a big party is needed.

To celebrate Old School's first birthday, the Lumbridge Guide has convinced the Elves to open the gates of Prifddinas and hold a party.

:stare:

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Pubbies just ruined our chance to get Brassica Prime as a God Emissary. :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Okay so since I'm always trying to get people to do warbands because it's easy and doesn't actually involve listening to pubbies talk, here's how to make warbands convenient and minimize your interactions with pubbies:

1) Acquire Royal Dragonhide Top/Bottom, Helm of Neitiznot, a team-43 cape, a team-20 cape, a team-34 cape, a Dwarven Hand Cannon, and a hundred ammo for it (you should get like five of each item, they're cheap)
2) Join 'ruse wb' two hours before a wave, and join world 4. They consider w4 their home world, and people there seem to get priority for adds.
3) Immediately switch back to clan chat. Outside of 15 minutes before warbands and ten minutes after warbands, they will poo poo up chat in spectacular dumb pubbie fashion.
4) Play RS until you get a smiley next to your name in the FC panel of the UI, then go AFK until fifteen minutes before the warbands wave.
5) At 15 till wave, grab your warbands gear, a games necklace, a spirit terrorbird pouch and 5 tireless run scrolls, and a dozen sharks.
6) Switch to FC chat, around 15 until waves is when whoever is hosting will yell at everyone to shut the gently caress up and then rattle off the rules. Also turn off your PMs, or you'll get booted.
7) Head to the meetup spot that gets called, then to Quercus (he's between edgeville and the GE) on the appropriate world (add your host to your friends list, they'll be your quickhop anchor)
8) Run to dwf, Games Necklace to Corp Beast for rdi, and Waka to elm. (Look up the locations on the warbands page on the wiki and memorize them, it's easy)
9) Kill poo poo at the camp, loot the tent of your choice until you have 25 loot, then run back to turn it in and move to the next world.
10) As soon as you're done with your third world, leave the FC, lest you risk actually interacting with a pubbie.

Voila. It's easy and no one talks during the wave, so you don't actually have to interact with pubbies. You can get XP in smithing, mining, herblore, farming, and construction, and I easily get 270k-300k xp a night. Any camp will have tents for three of the five skills present, so you have to be ready to take loot in skills other than your first choice.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

This one. We have some people who play OSRS, henceforth called Osiris because OSiRiS and because Osiris is the god of the dead and people who play OSRS are clearly craving their own demise and simply idling away the days with Osiris until the sweet embrace of death comes for them.

:master:

So, does the double xp start tonight? I have farming I need to do.

e: Okay, by tonight I mean 10-11 hours from now. Don't want to leave out nonmurica goons. It's bad enough they live in (put your sad nonmurican country here).

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 21, 2014

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:master:

So, does the double xp start tonight? I have farming I need to do.

e: Okay, by tonight I mean 10-11 hours from now. Don't want to leave out nonmurica goons. It's bad enough they live in (put your sad nonmurican country here).

It's already started!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Vitamins posted:

It's already started!

Ohh, that's right, it started on Friday. Forgot about that.

Eh well, I was playing Bravely Default. I regret nothing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:frogsiren: DO CITADEL. :frogsiren:

Build tick is tomorrow night. I know everyone held off for double XP and that's fine - just make sure you get your poo poo done and we hit upkeep by tomorrow night. Also, enjoy the utterly ridiculous amounts of XP citadel vomits at you right now. I'm getting like 4k firemaking XP per click doing Kiln, it's amazing.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

So I made an offer about a year ago on the GE for a Dragonfire shield for 50 gp for whatever reason, probably because I wasn't using all 6 slots and liked looking at it or something. It was completed at like 2 in the morning last night. Yeah it's not really worth much anymore but drat.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

It's the only thing I've ever wanted out of life (also my first 99 so that's cool).

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
So Agoat was stalking pubbies on World 42 trying to have the virtual sex and I also followed him along.

Then this happened!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Themata posted:

So Agoat was stalking pubbies on World 42 trying to have the virtual sex and I also followed him along.

Then this happened!

That was so much fun, I'm just mad they came downstairs when we went to bust 'em!

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

I mentioned this in clan chat last night but I'll post it here as well. On their livestream the Jagex guys mentioned that next month there will be a poll for level 120 skillcapes for every skill. They said that doesn't necessarily mean that the level cap will be raised to 120, just that there could be a cape for getting the required xp.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
loving lord

Why would anyone want that

Ugh

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Jagex would have to boost the xp rates at level 99 to obscene heights because the only reason 120 dung is possible is because it's insanely fast experience at later levels.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
You say that, and yet the guy with 200M xp in every skill exists.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Magres posted:

You say that, and yet the guy with 200M xp in every skill exists.

King of the poopsockers.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Every skill except divination. That's 'only' at 20 million.

Exps
Jun 14, 2008
Does anyone have an issue with the standalone client if it is your first time using it? I get to the part where it wants to automatically wants to optimize itself and it just hangs forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Exps posted:

Does anyone have an issue with the standalone client if it is your first time using it? I get to the part where it wants to automatically wants to optimize itself and it just hangs forever.

While loading, hold down the S button to initiate safe mode and then turn up the options by yourself in-game.

• Locked thread