Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Hell yeah, Team Guy. :getin:

Do we have an origin story for Zetsu? It's been so long and I barely remember anything about Akatsuki.

The white half is some kind of partial clone of the first hokage. The Black half is a white Zetsu that Madara infected with his will or something stupid like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
For a while I kind of thought that this was all indirectly Sasuke's fault. Big O's obsession with Sasuke led to him getting killed (kinda), which led to Kabuto going all snake-crazy. Next, Sasuke joined what was left of akatsuki and Kabuto pretty much only got involved with Obito because he was following Sasuke. Kabuto brought the zombies into the mix, including Madara, obviously. Everything went to poo poo after a power of friendship victory over Obito because of Madara's presence.

I realize now though that Black Zetsu probably could and would have hijacked Obito's body and used it to bring Madara back even if zombie Madara hadn't been present. Heck, Zetsu probably would have done so if Obito tried to rebel against Madara's plan at any point. For all of Obito's emo crap about how he didn't have an identity any more, he was never aware that as far as Madara's plan was concerned he was completely correct.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Serious Frolicking posted:

For a while I kind of thought that this was all indirectly Sasuke's fault. Big O's obsession with Sasuke led to him getting killed (kinda), which led to Kabuto going all snake-crazy. Next, Sasuke joined what was left of akatsuki and Kabuto pretty much only got involved with Obito because he was following Sasuke. Kabuto brought the zombies into the mix, including Madara, obviously. Everything went to poo poo after a power of friendship victory over Obito because of Madara's presence.

Well, if Aoba hadn't told Sasuke Itachi was in the village, he wouldn't have run off. He wouldn't have been hit with being ignored in favour of Naruto AND Tsukuyomi which wouldn't have left him (as) vulnerable to the Sound 4.

It's really all his fault. gently caress Aoba.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Hell yeah, Team Guy. :getin:

Do we have an origin story for Zetsu? It's been so long and I barely remember anything about Akatsuki.

Clone made from the cells of Hashirama's corpse.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

But Obito used the chakra to form the Ten Tails. There's no reason it would have just gone back into the jar.

Also, can we safely assume Killer Bee is dead and nobody even cares?

This seems more likely since Kishimoto loves redemption arcs.

I don't think it ever left, checklist idea.
Killer who?

You what surprised me most, is that it was so incredibly easy for the fourth to transfer the ninetails half. (four and a half tails?)

I realize now though that Black Zetsu probably could and would have hijacked Obito's body and used it to bring Madara back even if zombie Madara hadn't been present. Heck, Zetsu probably would have done so if Obito tried to rebel against Madara's plan at any point. For all of Obito's emo crap about how he didn't have an identity any more, he was never aware that as far as Madara's plan was concerned he was completely correct.

Yes this part of the plan is the only redeeming part of the whole Madara mess.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Naruto 665

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So what, we're back to Obito being the Sage again?

Seriously Kishimoto, just end this poo poo already.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jeez, Obito you could saved Naruto if you just controlled the Black Zetzu a chapter back

Also secretly hoping the 4th Rasengan would hit Naruto

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Good lord, the moment Madara said. "How long are you going to stick to Obito Black Zetsu"
I instantly knew beyond a shadow of a doubt how this was going to play out and...I was right.

I didn't quite understand, but is Obito becoming six sages again?

Oh well, at the very least we'll be seeing a fight again soon.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
That was certainly a disarming turn of events.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh good lord, is this manga going to end with chakra going away?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's been making the ninja society is kind of bad angle for a while now, so maybe. More likely is Naruto showing everyone the true ninja way due to being the ninja messiah with a Rasengan Spirit Bomb, but you never know. Then again Kishi's brother ended 666 Satan with all the people with powers flying away into space so there's precedent for that type of thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://readms.com/r/naruto/665/2258/1

Even the mangastream version is kinda incomprehensible to me.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I am enjoying Obito asspulling Madara way too much, only thing better would be Oro jacking Madara's bullshit or 5th gate pound everything into dust.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So the 4th is basically rendered useless now, huh? Three down, one to go, I guess.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
And the uchiha massacre seems more justified as time goes on. I feel like I'm reading a soap opera.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
If Madara somehow succeeded and did make all chakra disappear then Rock Lee would automatically be the strongest person alive.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good god, why do I keep reading this.
This thing needs a defined villain and an editor pronto. I barely understand it anymore.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Shoren posted:

If Madara somehow succeeded and did make all chakra disappear then Rock Lee would automatically be the strongest person alive.

Guy is still alive isn't he? Guy being the Kagekage by default would be the best.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I loved the way Kakashi was like: "We've got to wait!"
Meanwhile Naruto should already be dead and Sakura is performing in chest heart massage. But heīs right, letīs just wait and see.

VJeff posted:

So the 4th is basically rendered useless now, huh? Three down, one to go, I guess.

It's just a flesh wound.

Shoren posted:

Except Guy...and it would be awesome.

Allarion posted:

It's been making the ninja society is kind of bad angle for a while now, so maybe. More likely is Naruto showing everyone the true ninja way due to being the ninja messiah with a Rasengan Spirit Bomb, but you never know. Then again Kishi's brother ended 666 Satan with all the people with powers flying away into space so there's precedent for that type of thing.

Maybe Naruto will be the new source of chakra.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

That or Obito overpowers Black Zetsu long enough to transfer the other half of Kurama to Naruto.

Welp

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Aurain posted:

Good god, why do I keep reading this.
This thing needs a defined villain and an editor pronto. I barely understand it anymore.

I could not follow this chapter at all. I'm not sure whether its the translation being bad or the if what's being said is just rambling nonsense.

Not only has the art gone bad, but everything being said isn't making sense anymore either.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Nah, it's simple. Obito has become the victim of Friendship No Jutsu and is standing up to Madara.

Prediction: Obito will die/sacrifice himself for Naruto.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

uXs posted:

Nah, it's simple. Obito has become the victim of Friendship No Jutsu and is standing up to Madara.

Prediction: Obito will die/sacrifice himself for Naruto.

Or Madara will dick him over again and get another powerup.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Guy is still alive isn't he? Guy being the Kagekage by default would be the best.

Guy still uses ninjutsu though. Lee's whole shtick is that he can't and is therefore a master of taijutsu. In a world without chakra everyone would be freaking out while Lee would just be kicking rear end because that's all he's ever known.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shoren posted:

Guy still uses ninjutsu though. Lee's whole shtick is that he can't and is therefore a master of taijutsu. In a world without chakra everyone would be freaking out while Lee would just be kicking rear end because that's all he's ever known.

Lee still uses chakra. He can stick to walls and poo poo. He just can't mold it, so things that require hand seals (ninjutsu, genjutsu) are impossible for him.

Without chakra, he'd just be a really fit dude who's great at martial arts, but he couldn't do poo poo like the gates or flying whirlwind kicks.

Also, yes, Obito's just gonna give Naruto back the kyuubi and then die, probably taking Black Zetsu with him.

Where's the Kyuubi half Naruto had in the first place right now? Inside the Ten Tails?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Reinanigans posted:

Where's the Kyuubi half Naruto had in the first place right now? Inside the Ten Tails?

Yes, it's inside the Ten Tails, and thus, inside Madara.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Whoa, did madara just explain the friendship no jutsu? So chakra was originally meant to connect peoples hearts. Naruto's been doing that since forever, thats the friendship no jutsu. That kinda explains why it worked all the time. Apparently naruto is the only one who has been using chakra the way it was meant to hah.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Captain_duck posted:

Whoa, did madara just explain the friendship no jutsu? So chakra was originally meant to connect peoples hearts. Naruto's been doing that since forever, thats the friendship no jutsu. That kinda explains why it worked all the time. Apparently naruto is the only one who has been using chakra the way it was meant to hah.

hahahaha if this is true shoot me in the face

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Honestly, Madara's argument is pretty reasonable. There's no reason to think that things won't devolve into war again at some point, and supposedly a powerful illusion would be indistinguishable from reality.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

He's not getting half of it, he's going to get all of it. Look what Obito is doing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So Obito just ripped out some of Madara's internal organs and used them to yoink back sage powers? That is fairly metal

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Shoren posted:

Guy still uses ninjutsu though.

Wait, what? When has he ever used ninjutsu? If you mean the Morning Peacock and Daytime Tiger techniques, weren't those actually a form of taijutsu? Didn't Kisame specifically mention this, because his bigass shark summon was supposed to consume ninjutsu, but the Daytime Tiger went right through it since it isn't ninjutsu?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

flowinprose posted:

Wait, what? When has he ever used ninjutsu? If you mean the Morning Peacock and Daytime Tiger techniques, weren't those actually a form of taijutsu? Didn't Kisame specifically mention this, because his bigass shark summon was supposed to consume ninjutsu, but the Daytime Tiger went right through it since it isn't ninjutsu?

Guy uses the Summoning Jutsu, which is definitely ninjutsu.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Silver2195 posted:

Guy uses the Summoning Jutsu, which is definitely ninjutsu.

Hmm... I guess that's true, as there isn't really any other way to classify that, I had forgotten about his turtle summons.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

flowinprose posted:

Hmm... I guess that's true, as there isn't really any other way to classify that, I had forgotten about his turtle summons.

He also dispelled genjutsu during the gaara arc.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

AtomikKrab posted:

So Obito just ripped out some of Madara's internal organs and used them to yoink back sage powers? That is fairly metal

Looks like he turned part of Black Zetsu into the sage staff. Using one type of Madara's chakra to hijack another? Metal indeed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Why are there two staves?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He made a new one out of the Zetsu on his arm. The staff is sort of a naturally occurring accessory, I guess?

Anyway, does anyone else think that with two main characters on the verge of death that they will each end up with half of the 9-tails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

He made a new one out of the Zetsu on his arm. The staff is sort of a naturally occurring accessory, I guess?

Anyway, does anyone else think that with two main characters on the verge of death that they will each end up with half of the 9-tails?

Naruto gets the full 9 tails, sauske gets a rinnengan+ snake sage mode.

• Locked thread