Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
power
Nov 4, 2009

Photex posted:

Was this during qualis or what? I want to see the vod

1h32m into the CBC quals broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

turtlecrunch posted:

Reposting from the Olympics forum since I was looking for snowboard cross poo poo (which was not on the sports page for no apparent reason) for like 2 days before I saw it

NBC :argh:

Can't you just go to a sport's page and click the "Replay" button in the schedule? (It's right under the date.) That's always worked for me thus far.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

I will never ever complain about my taxes going towards the CBC. Not that I ever have, CBC owns.

Hot. Cool. Yours.
(Has anyone figured out what that means yet?)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Croccers posted:

Hot. Cool. Yours.

It means it's hot, cool, and yours, all at the same time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Croccers posted:

Hot. Cool. Yours.

It's too hot to properly compete because the track's melting, it's cool because the higher-ups took a lot of bribes to say it'd be fine, and the resulting entertainment is yours.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Croccers posted:

Hot. Cool. Yours.

It's mean Dairy Queen runs the Olympics.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

I will never ever complain about my taxes going towards the CBC. Not that I ever have, CBC owns.

Now if this was NBC, after showing her dancing they wouldn't have zoomed in on Hot. Instead they'd do a 5 minute sob story about how the cousin of the guy in the jacket just died of cancer.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MA-Horus posted:

gently caress you harper give the cbc more funding not less

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That is not the proper way to apply the Heimlich maneuver. :ohdear:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Andorra posted:

Now if this was NBC, after showing her dancing they wouldn't have zoomed in on Hot. Instead they'd do a 5 minute sob story about how the cousin of the guy in the jacket just died of cancer.

During the men's skiing half-pipe, the announcer started some sob story about the competitor's cancerous retard brother and how much they need a medal or whatever. The competitor fell almost immediately out of the gate and was instantly eliminated. The announcer pauses for a second and goes 'well, anyway, to continue the story, his brother...'

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I had no idea Olympic gold had healing properties, screw the Games, use the gold medals instead of chemo.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Can't you just go to a sport's page and click the "Replay" button in the schedule? (It's right under the date.) That's always worked for me thus far.

You can except when stuff like this happens.

The men's aerials event was finished on Monday and the other two were done yesterday.
Also the men's snowboard cross isn't even listed on the snowboarding page (it was also on Monday).

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I missed this, what's the story on stoned fag skater?

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

I missed this, what's the story on stoned fag skater?

It was some sort of puppeteer routine, and then by the end SHE WAS THE PUPPET. But they did have to hold that position for awhile before the music started.
I thought it was pretty entertaining tbh.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

your hockey report right now

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Vertical Lime posted:

I-H
Dec 24, 2009

Illegal Username posted:

Vertical Lime posted:

It's even more exciting when you're 70km from the border.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

HOW'S YOUR OLYMPICS NOW PUTIN? *dies by radioactive pie or some poo poo*

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Third round gonna be a war

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Illegal Username posted:

Third round gonna be a war

Putin going to single handedly win this one.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well, russia is about to look like ukraine circa yesterday

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
poo poo finland you looking to start a second winter war?

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Sochi is a gift that keeps on giving.

Pussy Riot members attacked by Cossacks with whips

EDIT:

Better story at The Washington Post, which has video (video was originally posted by RT, who took it down, but The Telegraph already rehosted it).

quote:

SOCHI, Russia — Cossack militia attacked the Pussy Riot punk group with horsewhips on Wednesday as the group tried to perform under a sign advertising the Sochi Olympics.

Six group members — five women and one man — donned their signature ski masks and were pulling out a guitar and microphone as at least 10 Cossacks and other security officials moved in. One Cossack appeared to use pepper spray, another whipped several group members while others ripped off their masks and threw the guitar in a garbage can.

Police arrived and questioned witnesses, but no one was arrested.

The Cossacks violently pulled masks from women’s heads, beating group member Nadezhda Tolokonnikova with a whip as she lay on the ground.

The incident lasted less than three minutes and one Pussy Riot member, a man wearing a bright yellow tank top, was left with blood on his face, saying he had been pushed to the ground.

Pussy Riot, a performance-art collective involving a loose membership of feminists who edit their actions into music videos, has become an international flashpoint for those who contend Putin’s government has exceeded its authority, particularly restricting human and gay rights...

Vernii fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 19, 2014

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So I guess with all the bribes going on, someone forgot to bribe the hockey team to win?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'd be more sympathetic to Pussy Riot if they knew how to dress themselves.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 19, 2014

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I'd be more sympathetic to Pussy Riot if they knew who to dress themselves.

Who to dress? Themselves! I'd be moor simp a thetic if they new.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
they're russian. you're lucky if you get half those fuckers into a full tracksuit let alone clothing at all

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I just don't know what the point of wearing a balaclava is if you put it on when the cameras are already rolling. Kind of half-hearted act from both the Pussy Riot and the police, 32.65 points. Or is Olympic a non-subjective sport?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Bear not looking so smug now.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Bear not looking so smug now.

drunk hangover is considered 'smug' in russia.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So does Russia not medaling in hockey mean that Russians will start calling the Olympics a failure?

Or are they complaining the the Finns cheated by acting in accordance to the rules like they did after losing to the USA?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Give it up Latvia, you're not even a country :mad:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cthulu Carl posted:

So does Russia not medaling in hockey mean that Russians will start calling the Olympics a failure?

Or are they complaining the the Finns cheated by acting in accordance to the rules like they did after losing to the USA?

Russia got eliminated?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Agrajag posted:

Russia got eliminated?

Finland won 3-1

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Vernii posted:

Sochi is a gift that keeps on giving.

Pussy Riot members attacked by Cossacks with whips

EDIT:

Better story at The Washington Post, which has video (video was originally posted by RT, who took it down, but The Telegraph already rehosted it).

I didn't know Cossacks were even a thing in Russia anymore.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cthulu Carl posted:

Finland won 3-1

Wow, the one sport I thought Russia would actually be dominant in and they get eliminated.

edit: WTF CANADA 1:1 now? Cmon!!!!

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 19, 2014

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Cantorsdust posted:

I didn't know Cossacks were even a thing in Russia anymore.

They're not running around killing people or anything anymore (at least I don't think they are), but they are still a minority ethnic group in Russia.

E: Well, aside from beating up Pussy Riot anyway.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

angerbeet posted:

Give it up Latvia, you're not even a country :mad:

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ahaaaha Putin

espn article posted:

The failure of the KHL and NHL players on the roster to blend into a cohesive team was clear and apparent. There were rumors in the past few days of tension in the Russian camp, and at the heart of it was the KHL-NHL issue. Why in the world was Alexander Popov playing on the top line with Ovechkin and Malkin the past two games? Why was KHL defenseman Evgeni Medvedev among the leaders in ice time on the team, playing more than NHLers such as Fedor Tyutin and Alexei Emelin?

Why? Because the KHL and Russian hockey hoped to use the world's biggest hockey games as a propaganda tool for the Russian professional league that vies to rival the NHL. Well, that was a complete and utter disaster.

• Locked thread