Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Player numbers on the Japanese servers seem unchanged from yesterday, so I guess that means you guys are on separate servers. Well, poo poo.

We could test this if you hadn't unfriended me long ago.

:cheeky: No worries, I never played anything on PS3 until recently anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Just played the first seventeen missions with my roommate. Had a blast, but you can't get achievements while playing local co-op? Seems like a crazy decision since co-op is the best part of these games.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Kammat posted:

D3 did this with IA too. They're here for PS3 and here for XBox

Thanks. Felt like it was missing something without it. I'll be trying out online on PSN in a bit. Any dudes wanna go kill all the bugs in a bit?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sorry if I missed this before, is there anybody playing on PS3? PSN name is TJLaser. Just started playing with some randoms have no idea what I'm doing Fencers are loving sloooooooe

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

FishBulb posted:

Sorry if I missed this before, is there anybody playing on PS3? PSN name is TJLaser. Just started playing with some randoms have no idea what I'm doing Fencers are loving sloooooooe

Dash cancel! Use a melee weapon and a shield, hit dash, then hit reflect, then hit dash again!

This should probably be added to the OP somewhere, as it's pretty much an essential strategy for playing Fencer. I dunno if it's even possible to play Fencer well without this.

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004
If you use the javelin launcher (lv14) and hold down the attack button you can mash the dash at mach 3.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GamerMage posted:

If you use the javelin launcher (lv14) and hold down the attack button you can mash the dash at mach 3.

The downside of doing it with the javelin launcher is that it becomes essentially a wasted slot (as a javelin launcher is useless on its own, it needs to be paired up to have any actual use). That still leaves the Fencer with one more weapon than everyone else though, so it's probably okay. I like having the shield though, the added survivability makes up for the somewhat slower dashing, in my opinion.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
PSA for anyone with a Playstation 4 - The Dual Shock 4 works just great with EDF on the PS3. Now you can use the better controller!
Also, looking to shootbug - Hakamitokage on PSN.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

If someone picks up a weapon box in mp does everyone get it?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

EZgrease posted:

That's strange. I got a manual in mine (PS3) when I bought it used from Gamestop. It was in English AND French!
I guess D3 were worried about Canadian's lackluster internet access?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

So I'm playing on PS3 and having a blast so far, but while I expected the series trademark bad framerates I didn't expect them to be as bad as they are. I'm used to playing 2017 on 360 and it's overall framerate was without a doubt a few orders of magnitude higher than 2025 on the Triple.

Can't say I'm noticing a difference really. I only see massive slowdowns when a Hector explodes across the screen or some huge artillery comes in, both of which slowed my 360 down as much. It's been a while, though.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Akumu posted:

you can't get achievements while playing local co-op?

At all, or just the second player? In 2017, the second player didn't get them but the first one did.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Dr. Eldarion posted:

At all, or just the second player? In 2017, the second player didn't get them but the first one did.

Mmmmm well when I started local co-op it brought up a message saying you couldn't get achievements, and I (as P1) brought P2 back to life which is in the achievement list and it didn't pop.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

The PS3 load times are horrid! Good thing the game is fun.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aw man, yeah so I played earlier on my Xbox for awhile. Switched over to my roommate's Xbox, transferred profile and save, and no dice. It's all on whoever is player one. Oh well. I guess we'll just play online. In the same house. :/

Also, it's really jarring for me to hear some of the voices in this game. A few friends of mine did VO work (one is the voice of Wing Diver, one is the Ranger, and a third did random Civilians/Soldiers). It's kinda messing with my head.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, anyone else kill themselves by aiming their Air Tortoise too low?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Unlucky7 posted:

Don't aim the Air Tortoise at anything below a 45 degree angle up.

edit: use them on the loving retariouses (or however the big web spiders are spelled)

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Seiren posted:

So anyone else who bought a physical copy of the game, did you not get an instruction manual? I can't help but feel like GameStop is ripping me off somehow, as there was absolutely nothing in the case except for the game.

That's just a thing with games in general now, lighter cases and way less printed material.

Just spent an hour or so with the game, THE BUGS FLY APART NOW! This is the best!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Unlucky7 posted:

That's the first way I died. I couldn't get it to work, then figured out you just had to hold fire for a long time. After a few shots I noticed it was coming extremely close to the ground but thought the game wouldn't let the missile hit the ground as it came out. I forgot what series I was playing! It blew up and I laughed really hard. Did the same thing with one of the multi missiles for the Pale Wing. The Pale Wing is such a pleasure to play as. I wanted to use the Ranger as much as possible, but flying is such a joy. The Fencer is fun too.

I'm also glad that I wasn't ripped off on a manual. When I got a copy that was unwrapped with no manual I thought Gamestop was up to its old tricks. I looked on the back and it said something about a manual and that made it seem like there really should be one, but again, it's this series. It makes sense that it doesn't make sense.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Been having a blast using the Fencer to carve through swathes of bugs until the game randomly decides to disconnect me or everyone. Got a cannon that shoots twenty five piercing rounds like a shotgun blast :allears:. I really hope the PS3 version gets patched because the loading times are loving awful and it's even worse when you disconnect for double the loading.

Ranaszun
Feb 21, 2005

SilentW posted:

PSA for anyone with a Playstation 4 - The Dual Shock 4 works just great with EDF on the PS3. Now you can use the better controller!
Also, looking to shootbug - Hakamitokage on PSN.

I ran into an issue with using the DS4 last night. It worked great as a person, but doesn't work for vehicles. Absolutely refuses to fire. Works fine with a DS3.

Ranaszun fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 19, 2014

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

The wing diver's weapon selection is sort of off kilter. The lightning bows are so absurdly powerful that they are shoulders above any other mid range options. Also, I'm afraid to equip explosives, 1 misfire and you're -> :supaburn:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Stage 67 :stare:

This is... This is just unfair. This is too much. All I can say is thank god for dual wielding NC 102 hand cannons as Fencer...

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wonder if the long load times is for 4 player online syncing? I played with my friend on PS3 and the average load time per level was around a minute, which is still long, but not long enough for us to complain about.

Timed a bunch of levels. Nothing longer than 45 seconds with my PS3. Average is around 30 seconds.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 19, 2014

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
What's a good Wing Diver weapon against the hectors? I think I tried most of mine and wasn't really happy with anything, so I usually stick with a Thunder Sniper lv3 and plink away from a distance. It's not very fast though.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Knightmare posted:

What's a good Wing Diver weapon against the hectors? I think I tried most of mine and wasn't really happy with anything, so I usually stick with a Thunder Sniper lv3 and plink away from a distance. It's not very fast though.

You can circle strafe faster than they can adjust their aim, so if you can get close 1-1 they're easy to take down with lightning bows. Just don't run out of energy, or try it 2 on 1.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Knightmare posted:

These kinds of questions are hard to answer without knowing what level of weaponry you have. But, as a general rule, the weak point of Hectors is that they're awful at close range, so a Rapier or similar is very effective against them.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I went on the EU PSN store looking for this and it's featured on one of the welcome pages, but hitting the X button makes the page disappear and doesn't take me to a store page, then puts me back on the welcome screen. It's the only game i've actually wanted to buy on PSN in forever, anyone got any ideas?

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Thievery posted:

I went on the EU PSN store looking for this and it's featured on one of the welcome pages, but hitting the X button makes the page disappear and doesn't take me to a store page, then puts me back on the welcome screen. It's the only game i've actually wanted to buy on PSN in forever, anyone got any ideas?

The game won't be released until Friday in EU.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

boblemoche posted:

The game won't be released until Friday in EU.

Thanks!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

You can get it early off the US store, though, especially if you split the cost with someone. Regional release windows are dumb.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
While the ground vehicles have been greatly improved since 2017, the helicopter controls still suck. My Air Raider got a Neried attack chopper last night took several minutes to figure out left trigger was used to ascend, drat things couldn't turn or aim to save it's life. The autotargeting cannon couldn't kill anything, the rocket pods would hit anywhere near where I thought I was aiming them.

I'll stick with ground vehicles, at least they're useful now.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Does anyone have issues with the dualshock 4 in this game? It feels like I run slower when I'm using it, and when I get into a tank I cant shoot the cannon.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Rabidredneck posted:

I'll stick with ground vehicles, at least they're useful now.

I dunno man, I'm pretty bad with Gigantus. They don't even give you a targeting reticle!

Enter Char posted:

Does anyone have issues with the dualshock 4 in this game? It feels like I run slower when I'm using it, and when I get into a tank I cant shoot the cannon.

Known bug.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I'm sorry, this is EDF. You mean feature.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Stage 67 :stare:

This is... This is just unfair. This is too much. All I can say is thank god for dual wielding NC 102 hand cannons as Fencer...

The fencer gets the most satisfying weapons ive used in any video game. I am only on level 15 or something so far but thanks to this thread I will be able to get further by abusing the quick dash with sword and shield.

Playing a fencer trying to get away from a shitload of ants that are all focused on you without knowing about the quicker dash is a nightmare, especially if theres an ant hole or dropship nearby adding to your problems.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Air Raider is a really tough class to play without cooperation. Then I got a gun that shoots sticky webs like the jumping spiders do, and everything is awesome.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Dominic White posted:

You can get it early off the US store, though, especially if you split the cost with someone. Regional release windows are dumb.

Do I need a US credit card or anything for this? I think i've bought stuff off the US PSN before but it's been so long that I don't remember.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
After buying the JP version almost a year ago I'm almost sure the US PS3 version somehow has a lower framerate. 2017 dipped down a bit from time to time, but the first air raider artillery shell goes sub frame per second and most online games hover around 10. The loads are still pretty bad (not sure how compared to 360) and I'm kinda surprised they still don't have online coop in that version, but gently caress live.

That said this game is everything I wanted in a sequel, the destructibility where buildings, ants, cars, everything just blows into chunks and physics everywhere. I just kinda want a PC version so it would run above 4 FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Thievery posted:

Do I need a US credit card or anything for this? I think i've bought stuff off the US PSN before but it's been so long that I don't remember.

You could try getting a PSN card off amazon, those work on the US store.