Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

shut up gelly posted:

i still havent used my vials since the last time this happened

though i guess any incoming rep grinds will be a lot easier now.

Yeah I've only ended up using a couple for notoriety. Wish I had gotten them 6 months ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kustom
May 25, 2008
Hymnis is my name, will join up later on tonight.

Issar
Feb 25, 2010
(nevermind!)

Issar fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 19, 2014

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
I vote the next thread to be named "Rift: Can ya toss me an invite?".

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I vote for "Rift Storm Legion: Sorry we ruined your gameplay, here, have some potions!"

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Rift Storm Legion: Chat Services are Temporary Unavailable.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Unbound posted:

Rift Storm Legion: Game Play is Temporary Unavailable.

Closer to reality.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Unbound posted:

Rift Storm Legion: Chat Services are Temporary Unavailable.

I love it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The forums suggested that everyone get "The Speechless" title from this and Daglar seemed to like the idea.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Aaaand Chat is down again~

Zoness fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 19, 2014

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rift: Where Defiance coders fix the chat. :buddy:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Just Another Lurker posted:

Rift: Where Defiance coders fix the chat. :buddy:

:ssh: Defiance chat works now

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

mr. nobody posted:

:ssh: Defiance chat works now

I guess that depends on your definition of working. :shrug:

edit: All i know is i'm cancelling my Rift sub to recoup my loss on the Defiance preorder.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
And now they're hotfixing during a raid time :qq:

To be fair it's 7 pm their time and being a programmer who is in the office at 7pm suck enough - never mind being there for 45 more minutes after that.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Zoness posted:

To be fair it's 7 pm their time and being a programmer who is in the office at 7pm suck enough - never mind being there for 45 more minutes after that.

I hope we get some more potions :a2m:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Zoness posted:

Our devs rarely stumble into the office before 10am, and some not until noon. It's fairly common for them to be in the office until 7 or 8, so I can only imagine that in the gaming industry it's even more common for developers to pretend they are allergic to the office before noon.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

All i know is i'm cancelling my Rift sub to recoup my loss on the Defiance preorder.

Only now?

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
New raid rifts were stealth put in with the early hotfix. Only did the fire one (Hell's Insurgents, spawns on Dendrome raid tears) and managed to clear it with a full pug raid. Phases 1-5 are pretty standard tank and spank with with either spreading out or stacking on the boss/killing adds. Last phase is running around to different safespots. Half the raid seemed to die on every phase and still cleared it fine. Nothing difficult at all. Dropped two upgradable lessers which are BIS. First upgrade is 2 Coruscating Etheral Shards, 2nd upgrade is a Radiant Infinity Cell :lol:

There's a 2nd new raid rift called Bloodfire Incursion which is spawnable in Infinity Stepps. Apparently that one drops AP/SP lessers while Hell's Insurgents drops CP focused lessers.

HAPPY FARMING!

edit oops fixed image

vandiar fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 19, 2014

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Goon Squad? More like Bitch Squad.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Only now?

It was a one year sub at a reduced rate plus an extra few months for something or other, pre f2p.

Like the game but i don't play much so no way i can justify money to trion anyways.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

vandiar posted:

:words:Radiant Infinity Cell:words:

gently caress Trion.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

gently caress Trion.

Man tell me about it -- I think it's pretty bullshit that after almost a year of having nothing to do but farm T1 content they keep making you have to get more Radiant Infinity Cells to get upgrades.

I guess they want to keep old content relevant and give more incentives for doing CQ but goddamn if it isn't the biggest Rubs-in to make the upgrade token Radiant Infinity Cells.

Also I don't want to talk about having socketed an epic greater and replacing it before Rune Unsocketing and Upgrades existed :negative: (it wasn't a charred don't worry).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 19, 2014

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

quote:

RIFT 2.6: Hotfix #4 2/18/14

This fix goes live at:
NA: 2/18/14 6:55 PM PST
EU: 2/19/14 2 AM GMT

GENERAL
* No longer will hostile NPCs pay extra close attention to anyone that tries to resurrect their slain prey. IE: That pesky resurrection aggro bug has been fixed!
* Server broadcasts no longer require the chat server to be online.
* Possibly fixed a crash that could occur when loading or playing cutscenes.
* Putting a player on ignore will now prevent their /yell, /say, and /emote chat from showing.
* Players will now correctly have their ascended mentor level set to an appropriate level when entering a dungeon through the LFG queue.
* Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent the game from properly updating player locations.
* Zone Events will no longer be so confused about their life choices, and will opnly open rifts of the appropriate elements.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
* Good news, everyone! Mounts acquired from lockboxes are now tradable.
* Mounts that are acquired from lockboxes, as well as mounts that are only available for credits on the store, are now unlocked for all characters on the account once learned.
- We will be retroactively granting mount unlocks to players that have previously obtained or purchased these premium mounts. Stay tuned for more info!
* Patron Changes:
- Patron Boosts now stack with all other boosts!
- Weekly Patron Gifts now drop Budgie Supply Crates instead of Greenscale's Supply Crates.
* The generic World Event Vendor NPCs have been removed from the game.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* Conquest Power version number increased to 3 – this means that people joining conquest after it is turned back on will have 100,000 power added to that character.
* Updated how the conquest reward chest works to prevent exploitation.

QUESTS
* Air Saga:
- All Air Saga quests should now say "Cult Saga" above the quest text.
- Quest: Rite of the Mind: Archivist Aristoi will no longer quiz any and all about the history of Iron Pine Peak.
- Quest: Nothing Stays Lost: Greatly increased the loot rates of Useful Discarded Parchments.

* Water Saga:
- Quest: Unworking the Ritual: Now drops for players higher than level 50.

MORBAN
* Shaper Defenders no longer grant loot or XP when killed.

CRAFTING

DREAM WEAVER
* Certain book page artifacts (those purchasable at special vendors) are no longer salvageable

great, now I *have* to go liquidate some poo poo for plat so I can get another month of patron.

I should be on tonight, by the way - I bailed Sunday preemptively since I couldn't talk and my throat was in a ton of pain, so I ran to an urgent care place and now have shitloads of antibiotics that will hopefully kick this now ~month and a half-long chain of illnesses.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

marhom posted:

* No longer will hostile NPCs pay extra close attention to anyone that tries to resurrect their slain prey. IE: That pesky resurrection aggro bug has been fixed!

Oh my god please say this is true. Losing raid time to people afking during Res's was annoying (granted there's player error here but still it was pretty disproportionately punished).

quote:

* Server broadcasts no longer require the chat server to be online.

Hopefully this means that even w/out chat something like Stealth Crucia won't happen.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Zoness posted:

Oh my god please say this is true. Losing raid time to people afking during Res's was annoying (granted there's player error here but still it was pretty disproportionately punished).

From my experience in FT last night after the patch, it's fixed. The pug group I was with wiped a billion times on twins and we never got a weird aggro like prior to the patch.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Can you get Radiant Cells from hardmoding bosses?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

Can you get Radiant Cells from hardmoding bosses?

Yes, but then you have to hardmode a boss and :effort:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Yes, but then you have to hardmode a boss and :effort:

I still say Zaviel doesn't really count as a hard mode :colbert:.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

quote:

* Mounts that are acquired from lockboxes, as well as mounts that are only available for credits on the store, are now unlocked for all characters on the account once learned.
- We will be retroactively granting mount unlocks to players that have previously obtained or purchased these premium mounts. Stay tuned for more info!

Well some of those mounts just became a lot more palatable. Having come recently from other games where 'cash' mounts were account wide, I sort of wondered why Rift mounts weren't.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's a nice change for cash shop mounts, definitely makes them more attractive. The infinity cell thing is rough, but maybe they can add them to t2 loot tables.

Also I am iffy for tonight. Actually I am iffy for all t2 nights if attitudes are going to be as pissy as they were Monday.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Wait, people were pissy? what did I miss :ohdear:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

marhom posted:

Wait, people were pissy? what did I miss :ohdear:

Not enough for T2, so we finished (no we didn't, we stopped after Goloch) EE to help get some gear for people. It didn't go so hot either so there was some bitching.

I will also not be around tonight, going on a date with the lady friend.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
EE is kind of a nightmare even outside of Regulos if people don't know the fights and won't listen to instructions. Goloch is a pretty simple fight if everyone knows two basic mechanics (stack tight, dodge slams) but that still requires at least 10 people to know more than those mechanics (2-3 tanks, 1-3 good healers, 1-4 people to handle glimpse i don't know if flicker still works but cancelbuff doesnt :argh:, and 2 people to get ghosts).

And if you don't have enough dps, you need better mechanics handling because the fight escalates, so yay!!! What I'm saying is there's a reason the weekly stops at Matriarch even though Matriarch is technically the harder fight still.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

And if you don't have enough dps, you need better mechanics handling because the fight escalates, so yay!!! What I'm saying is there's a reason the weekly stops at Matriarch even though Matriarch is technically the harder fight still.

There are weeklies now? What do they reward?

Also Goloch is harder than Matriarch simply because translucent red aoe on purple ground is a loving pain to see, especially if you're colorblind.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

EE is kind of a nightmare even outside of Regulos if people don't know the fights and won't listen to instructions. Goloch is a pretty simple fight if everyone knows two basic mechanics (stack tight, dodge slams) but that still requires at least 10 people to know more than those mechanics (2-3 tanks, 1-3 good healers, 1-4 people to handle glimpse i don't know if flicker still works but cancelbuff doesnt :argh:, and 2 people to get ghosts).

flicker works

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I transferred as "Aanassiah", can I get an invite?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

shut up gelly posted:

flicker works

Yeah, and I haven't gotten to use harbichon on that fight because of it :smith:

KaneTW posted:

There are weeklies now? What do they reward?

200 FES. There's a 10 man and 20 man like the old classic weeklies (of course the 10 man doesn't get to alternate here... unless they use IDH?)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Unbound posted:

Goon Squad? More like Bitch Squad.

:lol: bitch squad

edit: THAT NIGGA

edit more:

quote:

I transferred as "Aanassiah", can I get an invite?
Done!

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 20, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

quote:

* Shaper Defenders no longer grant loot or XP when killed.
What was this about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

OneEightHundred posted:

What was this about?

bots were farming chiffon from them

e: i ended up sitting out pb tonight and we cleared it; if someone needs a ridiculously overgeared warrior for progression or whatever some time this week let me know!

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 20, 2014

• Locked thread