Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CJacobs posted:

Actually getting to at least Brock is way more likely than you'd think considering there's only one way to leave town, and that exit is guarded by a kid that leads you directly to the square in front of Brock's gym when you go in that direction. You can't leave town to progress until you beat him and there's only one road back to Pallet Town (unless I'm remembering wrong) so really it's only a matter of time.

I actually opened up a walkthrough because I got curious just how easy the first part of the game is. That's fairly believable, although it still seems nuts.

Rirse posted:

Jeff is streaming something very 'special' right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/jeffgerstmann

Was about to post about this.

quote:

Jeff Gerstmann Live!
jeffgerstmann playing ニコリのパズル4 数独

e: People are just spamming his chat with 'democracy' and 'anarchy' and random commands :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Rirse posted:

A snapshot of a man who is questioning just where he went wrong in his life.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just the completely bewildered look on Jeff's face is perfect.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Rirse posted:

He tweeted a picture of Dynasty Warriors 8 in the Japanese PSN store so I was expecting that but NOPE it's a whole lot of anime girls in maid outfits singing and dancing WELP

e: Is this even a game? What on earth

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
If only the quality out of his PS4 wasn't so lovely this would be amazing

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Hey man look, there are only so many games on PS4. You need to get your money's worth any way you can.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Finally, Jeff found a PSN game that IS what he's lookin' for!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Propaganda Hour posted:

If only the quality out of his PS4 wasn't so lovely this would be amazing

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is somehow absolutely everything I thought it would be. Can't wait till we see more fine PS4 software.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No comment whatsoever from Jeff.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Creeper Jeff is trying so hard for that panty shot

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Time from him realizing how to control the camera to him trying to look upskirt: about 9 seconds.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
This has fully morphed into Creeper Cam 2.0

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
It's the same song.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Jeff snapped. RIP his brain.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Well, that was the best way that could have ended.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
And THAT was Giantbomb

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Looking forward to an hour long Dancing Hostesses on Stage quick look tomorrow.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Come on down to Big Jeffrey's! Now with a Tokyo location!!

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
It's things like this that make the fact that PS4 streams don't archive a goddamn crime.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Wallrod posted:

It's things like this that make the fact that PS4 streams don't archive a goddamn crime.

I woke up early this morning for some reason, I knew I should have checked this thread, could've had something to watch. :saddowns:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wallrod posted:

Goooooooddamnit

DannyHibiki
Feb 8, 2001

Once you POP, you can't STOP!
Aw man. Hope Jeff was as jazzed about Dream C Club as these two dudes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lzouSyltE

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
At what time does Brad stop spoiling The Last Of Us in the Bombcast?

DannyHibiki
Feb 8, 2001

Once you POP, you can't STOP!
Ends at 0:46:56.

DannyHibiki fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 19, 2014

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Thanks. I'll beat it one day!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I listened to the entire GOTY deliberation stuff without feeling like Last Of Us was spoiled for me. The few seconds I heard before I could skip past it in this episode was a pretty big spoiler though :(.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If you waited this long without playing it would it be safe to assume you just wouldn't play it unless it went on sale or something? I eventually did manage to play it during winter break but I was already ready for it to be spoiled.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
My launch PS3 died and I haven't replaced it yet. I would have played it!

edit: And I still will play it eventually. I'm not that bummed out about the spoiler I heard. Spoilers don't generally ruin things for me. It's about the JOURNEY or whatever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo they better not spoil the ending of Planescape Torment I was JUST GONNA play it!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Holy poo poo they better not spoil the ending of Planescape Torment I was JUST GONNA play it!

:siren: Anything can change the nature of a man. :siren:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm an ardent anti-spoiler guy, and I'll always appreciate people who are polite and don't spoil things out of nowhere, but at some point you can only blame yourself for not just playing through the thing in the 8 months it has been out already. If not getting spoiled is important to you, you've had plenty of time to make sure it wasn't going to happen.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 19, 2014

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I don't mind spoilers as long as I'm given enough time to get out of the way.

GOD DOESN'T EXIST!

Oh poo poo now I've done it. I'm living on the edge.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Holy Cheese posted:

I don't mind spoilers as long as I'm given enough time to get out of the way.

GOD DOESN'T EXIST!

Oh poo poo now I've done it. I'm living on the edge.

You got any proof there, tough guy?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

How can they drop the 4 from the next DOOM game and not call it "The DOOM"?!

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
I keep walking past this piece of student art at my university and doing a double-take. Maybe it's just me but it feels very Gerstmannesque...

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

If you waited this long without playing it would it be safe to assume you just wouldn't play it unless it went on sale or something? I eventually did manage to play it during winter break but I was already ready for it to be spoiled.

I basically marathoned it for a bit, then left off right after meeting the black guy and kid and haven't touched it since. I'll get back to it, but first I need to reach Wrestlemania in 2K14.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sexy Randal posted:

I keep walking past this piece of student art at my university and doing a double-take. Maybe it's just me but it feels very Gerstmannesque...

Yep that's The Gerst alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
That is totally Jeff.

• Locked thread