Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

wdarkk posted:

By coincidence, our next doctrine uses both Amarr and Gallente BSes. How do you feel about Napocs?

I don't know what that means. But I do see that the Armageddon lost its bonuses to large Energy Weapon so strapping Hybrids on that could be a thing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

BadLlama posted:

I don't know what that means. But I do see that the Armageddon lost its bonuses to large Energy Weapon so strapping Hybrids on that could be a thing now.

Navy Apocalypse.

And the new fleet doctrine may or may not use the Geddon, the old one did but required Amarr BS V for reimbursement.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

darthzeta88 posted:

I honestly do not understand why people complain about highsec being boring. Go to loving nullsec then. Even if your all alone its possible. Nomad life is a life.

On a side note seems CFC is claiming Outer ring as part of the commonwealth. Seems I am gonna be busy since that is my area of space I live in.

I'd say everyone in here who says hisec is boring is already in nullsec because hisec is boring. I'm not sure who you're being mad at.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

wdarkk posted:

Navy Apocalypse.

And the new fleet doctrine may or may not use the Geddon, the old one did but required Amarr BS V for reimbursement.

"new" doctrine is supposedly the same but with half of the megathrons as apocalypses so the damage is not just kin/therm since lasers do EM.

BadLlama posted:

Or there is more room for neuts since it's drone bonused now

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

gwrtheyrn posted:

Or there is more room for neuts since it's drone bonused now

That seems fun actually.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'm surprised there isn't a hidden rule for people who make their first post in this thread with the explicit purpose of J4Ging just get a 3 month probation off the bat.

Although it's kind of entertaining when they do show up. Like a DG spawn but instead of lovely ammo and a tag you just get lovely posts instead.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sent you a PM.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

If my application to Goonwaffe is rejected do I get some in-game notification? This game makes me feel like the stupidest of newbies.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

You don't HAVE to save them, but it takes longer to drag your probes in to optimal overlap than it does to click a dropdown. Once you have those formations perfected it reduces your adjustment times and you can spend less overall time trying to pin someone down.

The other formation is for plopping the center probe on the sun and getting a system-wide scan of all signatures. When I'm combat probing I use DSCAN to locate the celestial the enemy is on, then drop a 1.0AU pinpoint on them to get a warpin on something cruiser sized (my combat prober is all IV's with V in Astrometrics, which is nice because I'm usually scanning from an unbonused recon).

Pinpoint automatically moves your probes to the optimal overlap when you adjust your probe range. It will literally take you longer to click on the drop down than it does to adjust your probe ranges.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The new armageddon is a beast. It really performs its role well.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

The new armageddon is a beast. It really performs its role well.

It's like a bhaalgorn except better in almost every way

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So I guess I learned to not AFK Rat after pulling an all nighter. I woke up to a loss-mail and a dead capsule.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm at the point now where I wish we could set up a J4G pubcorp and just be done with it so I never have to hear about it again.

People like to joke about ENL-I being this, but in reality it's DPG. They reopened a few months back and they've ballooned from a dozen members to over 100, at least at last check. My brief interactions with DPG members revealed that they were taking all manner of people from openly hostile corps and stuff.

fake edit: guess the security people got to them because they're down to 28 members

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica

HelloSailorSign posted:

I'd say everyone in here who says hisec is boring is already in nullsec because hisec is boring. I'm not sure who you're being mad at.

I am referencing people that are like " I am currently in highsec. It's boring I can not wait to join XXX alliance to I can go to null"

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

InternetJunky posted:

If my application to Goonwaffe is rejected do I get some in-game notification? This game makes me feel like the stupidest of newbies.

I'm not sure about the notification, but if you open up the Corporation window, it should show the status if your application has been acted on.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

InternetJunky posted:

You have to accept the invite to corp now I believe. Just check your corporation window.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I'm not sure about the notification, but if you open up the Corporation window, it should show the status if your application has been acted on.

vyst posted:

You have to accept the invite to corp now I believe. Just check your corporation window.
Thanks. My earlier application is saying "withdrawn" so I guess I screwed something up.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

InternetJunky posted:

Thanks. My earlier application is saying "withdrawn" so I guess I screwed something up.

Withdrawn means you cancelled it. I had something similar when I started, where it showed two applications, so I tried to withdraw one, thinking I accidentally submitted an application twice. This, however, cancelled "both" applications, which apparently were the same either way and simply showed as double due to a display bug. Did you happen to do something similar?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

vyst posted:

Oh yeah that's right, they'll send you an invite when/if you're accepted. I'm still not sure if there's a notification attached to it though.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I keep reading about napocs and lasers, but I can't for the life of me find any updated doctrine info in the war room - is there any information out about the new doctrine fits?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AmericanGeeksta posted:

Oh yeah that's right, they'll send you an invite when/if you're accepted. I'm still not sure if there's a notification attached to it though.

Open corporation window, second tab there after the corporation finder to view you current/past applications. You will have your accepted application with text "... invited ..." and buttons "Refuse" and "Accept".

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

kalstrams posted:

Open corporation window, second tab there after the corporation finder to view you current/past applications. You will have your accepted application with text "... invited ..." and buttons "Refuse" and "Accept".

I believe it also sends you an Evemail, but I haven't gone awoxing in a minute.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retarded Goatee posted:

I keep reading about napocs and lasers, but I can't for the life of me find any updated doctrine info in the war room - is there any information out about the new doctrine fits?

Not yet! We are running drones into the ground with the hellcamp. The ability for 1,000 nerds to assign drones and then pass out while four people like myself obsessively shoot everything that moves is balanced gameplay which we are more than happy to share with N3.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Retarded Goatee posted:

Exciting fits are being designed right now by our fitting experts and fc's, but until drones are well and truly neutered we will keep smacking n3 in the dick with 255 man drone assist domifleets while they are cooped up in that station.

E: at least through Thursday.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I believe it also sends you an Evemail, but I haven't gone awoxing in a minute.

Not an Evemail, a notification.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I don't believe the pre-set probing formations are optimal, and this was pointed out in a dev post or blog at some point as the very reason custom formations were added.

The optimal is some sort of weighted Voronoi region bullshit I can't figure out, someone actually good at math has probably done it. As a new idiot I found once I got probing skills to 3 or whatever I could find most data and relic sites, so I'm guessing optimality is for probing faster or getting the almost-unprobeable ships faster/with an implant missing or something. I guess what I mean is if you're still getting used to probing just use the generic formations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Retarded Goatee posted:

Wait till the drone nerfs. I'm rather amused that my pocket Ishtar ahac gang will still work even with the drone nerfs :sun:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trip report: reading Grimm's Fairy Tales to the hellcamp fleet.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just read Fifty Shades of Gray on the live stream. Make it a truly hell-like experience.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

darthzeta88 posted:

I honestly do not understand why people complain about highsec being boring. Go to loving nullsec then. Even if your all alone its possible. Nomad life is a life.

On a side note seems CFC is claiming Outer ring as part of the commonwealth. Seems I am gonna be busy since that is my area of space I live in.

This. It's never been easier to live on your own. With the addition of those ORE ships you don't even need to hang around NPC space anymore-- you can just set up in some backwater system and anchor a POS to chill in while you keep anything you don't need inside a logged off Rorqual or Orca or something.

For extra security anchor some bubbles on the gates of whatever system you choose to hang out in so that you have a little extra time to get to your POS if a hostile gang shows up.

Or you can be Rambo and just rat with an assault frigate/HAC. I did that in Delve back in 2006 and made quite a bit of cash that way, and the entire area was unquestionably BoB territory at the time.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 19, 2014

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First edition of the EVE comic book is out.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/eve-true-stories-the-comic-book-based-on-true-events-20.000-years-into-the-future/

Preview here - https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4386/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 19, 2014

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

It's kind of odd they put one of the largest galaxy changing events in their first issue. Don't they want to save stuff like that for later? I guess they put them in order of voting?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

goonswarm.jpg

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Kuvo posted:

goonswarm.jpg

Okay, who drew that comic because it's amazing. :allears:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kheldragar posted:

Okay, who drew that comic because it's amazing. :allears:

Tomm Coker

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Have to say, I've been intrigued by EVE since reading about 6VDT in the fall. But, it seems like quite a high learning curve and I am a casual's casual. Expecting its not a really good fit for me but I am enjoying reading the thread nonetheless.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh my god :allears:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

It keeps happening

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Bilirubin posted:

Have to say, I've been intrigued by EVE since reading about 6VDT in the fall. But, it seems like quite a high learning curve and I am a casual's casual. Expecting its not a really good fit for me but I am enjoying reading the thread nonetheless.

Please tell us more about what you expect from our furry-themed space guild!

• Locked thread