Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
coronet, presence, and accounting

Actuaryprincess is best princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Class

Presence: 18

Elegance: 5

Composure: 5

Accounting: 3

Court Manners: 2

Royal Demeanor: 2

Internal Affairs: 1

Costume

Coronet: 9

Catsuit: 0

Weekend

Get the Crystal: 15

Remain Yielding: 1

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

There will be public celebrations for the commoners, followed by a grand gala for the nobility. As Queen, you would be expected to lead the procession and take part in the ceremonial planting, possibly give a speech. However, since you are not yet crowned, it is not required, and it may not be safe to expose you to the public.

What do you mean, not safe?

Outside of the castle, you are less well protected. If anyone means you harm... Think on it now, decide later. There is a letter for you as well.

(It's from Briony! I went to school with her, but she's a couple years older than me. Her mother is the Duchess of Mead. She's complaining that her mother still won't let her come home for the holidays.)

(Apparently her uncle Kevan is absolutely furious about that woman's trial.)

(She's bored and looking for an adventure. Well, I don't have any to suggest to her!)

The glitter is dazzling, but some sixth sense draws you towards one little locked box in particular. This is what you need. This is the crystal that will make you a Lumen. You tuck the box into your pocket. You can show it to your mentor later and get instructions on what to do next.

Elodie's strongest emotion is now depressed.

From week 16 onward, Elodie can actually die, so be careful.

What classes should Elodie take? What emotion should we strive for now? Should we go to the festival next week? From this point on, you can vote to change (or to keep) Elodie's outfit at any time.

Voting ends tomorrow at 4PM EST.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 19, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Reflexes x2 and Let's go to the festival but not speak

Edit: oops agility isn't a skill, I meant reflexes.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 19, 2014

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Agility isn't a skill.

And we're about to go to a grand gala without knowing how to dance so obviously we need to Dance x2 so we trip over one foot rather then two.

Go to the festival but don't speak

Show the crystal to our mentor

Keep wearing the Coronet

Zikan fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 19, 2014

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ViggyNash posted:

MOTHERFUCKER. Those skill check fails are starting to piss me off.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Dance x2 and Lead the parade but do not speak.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Poison, x2. What's a gala without a few attempted poisonings? :v:
After that, lets start her magical girl training, but first we need to push for willful to get the Lumen bonus.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 19, 2014

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dareon posted:

Dance x2 and Lead the parade but do not speak.
I'm down with this plan.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Dance x2 We'd best not make an rear end of ourselves since we're Going to the Gala. To the Gala. To the Galaaaaa... *Ahem*

and then on the weekend go see our Mentor so we can become a psyker Lumen!

Oh yes keep the coronet

A Pair Of Ducks fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 19, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Keep wearing the coronet because queens need to be stylish.

Wilful We need to show everyone that we're not going to be easy meat.

Lead the parade but don't speakScore brownie points with the commoners but keep our mouth shut.

Learn Foreign Intel and Internal Affairs Elodie knows all and sees all.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Coronet

Willful

Lead the parade but don't speak

Decoration x2
(while we have the bonus)

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Reflexes X 2

If were going out to big public events soon, might be a good idea to be capable of avoiding a sudden death via assassin or angry peasant.

Also Willful, Coronet, and participate but don't speak.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full list of Things we know at this point in time

New things we’ve just learnt

Skills posted:

Presence

50: You practise focusing your attention on individuals as you pass, letting them feel a brief connection with you before you formally acknowledge them with a nod.

60: You practise being aware of your environment, seeing everything as it transpires around you and feeling that you are in control of it all.

70: You practise giving commands to the castle staff, neither asking nor demanding, but telling them what needs to be done. As long as you believe it to be true, they will as well.

80: You practise watching people and willing them to feel your gaze on them. Inevitably, they will be drawn to you.

90: You imagine things that you want to happen in the near future, and then convince yourself and others that those things will happen.

Skill Checks posted:

Weekend activity - Getting past the guards at the treasury
AccountingSkill Level 0 was not enough to pass
Skill Level 21.9 was not enough to pass
Presence - Skill Level 0 was not enough to pass
Skill Level 100 was enough to pass

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Coronet for now, and let's lead the parade (but let's not try to give a speech).

Also, let's take advantage of being depressed and study Horses x2 - our queenly presence, elegance, and composure will make up for not studying dancing.

After that, let's try to become Willful so we can get the bonus to Lumen! :science:

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 20, 2014

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Ferrosol posted:

Lead the parade but don't speakScore brownie points with the commoners but keep our mouth shut.

This.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Muraena posted:

Coronet

Willful

Lead the parade but don't speak

Decoration x2
(while we have the bonus)

I second this plan short-term, but I also want to push for more Cheerfulness for the sake of curiosity.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
That planting ceremony sounds really dumb. Instead, we shall awe the masses with our mastery over animals! Our all-conquering presence allow us to make any horse in Nova perform fabulous tricks once its gaze meets ours, so we must prepare the most spectacular dog and pony show Anime Continent has ever seen! Train horses. All the horses.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Catsuit because of intriguing monocle

Whatever emotion gives bonus to Faith because loving magic

Go to festival because we are royalty

Divination x2 because again, loving magic

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Don't we need our Faith skills to leveled so high before we can study Lumen skills? Or am I mistaken?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

error supply posted:

Don't we need our Faith skills to leveled so high before we can study Lumen skills? Or am I mistaken?

No, you can learn magic without knowing lore or divination. Lore is "magical history of the land" not spell slinging. Divination is more "read tarot cards" then actual magic.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This has been a surprisingly great read! I just expected one of those creepy princess maker games, not the Byzantine Court meets anime in video game form.

Ferrosol posted:

This goon knows what's up. Do this.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Keep the Coronet on. Become Willful, Lead the parade but don't speak.

And of course, Swords x2

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Ferrosol posted:

Let's do this cause I'm too lazy to type it all up again myself.

Also, I am very disappointed that noble was able to draw a knife in the presence of his queen and not get killed immediately. At the very least our vicious hound should have bound forth, and ripped a few fingers off.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Penakoto posted:

Reflexes X 2

If were going out to big public events soon, might be a good idea to be capable of avoiding a sudden death via assassin or angry peasant.

Also Willful, Coronet, and participate but don't speak.

This

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also, I am very disappointed that noble was able to draw a knife in the presence of his queen and not get killed immediately. At the very least our vicious hound should have bound forth, and ripped a few fingers off.

Yeah. Pulling out a knife and murdering the defendant in the middle of a trial, in front of the Queen - who was trying to gather information to render a judgement at the time! - feels like something that should have had Consequences.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Regrettably, Elodie only has a puppy, not a "vicious hound".

quote:

Dogs

10: You visit the kennels and learn about different breeds of dogs.

20: You learn about dog grooming and the most common diseases and injuries that dogs suffer from.

30: You learn the standard commands for working with trained hunting dogs and retrievers.

40: You practice working with trained dogs in a small area, telling them to stay, search and fetch.

50: You choose a young puppy and begin raising him to respond to you over all others.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Trade, Internal Affairs and go to the festival.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

David Corbett posted:

Yeah. Pulling out a knife and murdering the defendant in the middle of a trial, in front of the Queen - who was trying to gather information to render a judgement at the time! - feels like something that should have had Consequences.

Elodie's is technically still a princess, not a queen. The game never directly explains why Kevan isn't punished, but it gives you enough clues so you can make a pretty good inference. It is nothing major, but I'll wait until we learn some more politics before I explain why.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 20, 2014

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
Go to the thing but don't talk, and reflexes x2. We are slow and weak.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
I have this sneaking suspicion however, that all these failures are about to catch up to us. Milk vipers are easy enough to run past screaming, but out in the open we're going to have to deal with snipers and poo poo, and we've probably made a few people unhappy with our waffling and faux pas.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

MegaZeroX posted:

Elodie's is technically still a princess, not a queen. The game never directly explains why Kevan isn't punished, but it gives you enough clues so you can make a pretty good inference. It is nothing major, but I'll wait until we learn some more politics before I explain why.

There is actually a lot of backstory on some of the nobles buried in later events that you can see if you get the right skills/pick the right ending.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I've played the game a bit but I've never really understood or paid attention to the politics. I'm not even clear who I'm pissing off and what triggers the assassination attempts.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
It's like you were in sync with Elodie all the times you were playing.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Clarste posted:

I've played the game a bit but I've never really understood or paid attention to the politics. I'm not even clear who I'm pissing off and what triggers the assassination attempts.

Replay the game a few times and it should start to become really obvious.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Train Presence, since one more class will put it at 100, and Decoration, since we have the modifier bonus right now. Get Angry for the Weapons modifier bonus. Continue to wear the coronet while we prepare to go to the festival.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

jonjonaug posted:

Replay the game a few times and it should start to become really obvious.

No, I've actually beaten it. By just being really polite and confident and appeasing everyone. That seemed easier than trying to remember who was who. Then I tried an aggressive military "kill em all" style and failed miserably in various places.

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside

Clarste posted:

No, I've actually beaten it. By just being really polite and confident and appeasing everyone. That seemed easier than trying to remember who was who. Then I tried an aggressive military "kill em all" style and failed miserably in various places.

I don't see how you could beat it that way. Just from my own experience, something always fucks you over at some point.

I hope our Elodie rises above through the power of committee choices!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

JosephWongKS posted:

Regrettably, Elodie only has a puppy, not a "vicious hound".

You know, it's talk like this that can get your throat* violently ripped out** by a vicious hound. Just sayin.

*By throat I may mean cheek.

**And by 'violently ripped out' I may mean licked excitedly until he pees on your shirt.

Either way you better watch the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

Poison x2

I'm not feeling good about drinking and eating at the gala where people will try to murder us.

• Locked thread