Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.

Chicken Biscuits posted:

Any tips on dealing with babies and eczema? My almost 4 month old was just diagnosed with it. The doctor suggested Aveeno lotion and gave us a mild steroid cream. The poor thing is constantly whining and trying to scratch at her legs. Anything else I can do to help?

We've stopped using soap all together in the bath and baths are now quick - 10 minutes or less. Since she's only 4 months, she probably doesn't need a bath everyday either.

Our ped had us try Vanicream since the Aveeno lotion wasn't clearing it up. It is like magic. She still has occasional spots but not much you can do about the season. Also take a look at your laundry stuff and make sure it doesn't have fragrances (softeners are particularly bad about them) since they can be an irritant too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Lots of people I hear have good luck with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Mustela-Stelatopia-Moisturizing-Cream-ounces/dp/B00095LIP2

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Yeah, they had us try that too, it helped a bit but didn't really clear it up.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

VorpalBunny posted:

How many kids do you have, if you don't mind me asking? (edit - I checked back in the thread and saw you have 4. How old are they?) We're about to have 4 toddlers total and I am looking at the Sienna, but having 4 carseats in that minivan seems kind of impossible. Do you rear face the carseats in back? We rented one recently and I realized I can't have two rearfacing carseats in the middle captain chairs because then I couldn't reach the backseat.

Do they make vans with three doors on each side, so you can reach the third row without having to climb through the second row?

I'm rocking a Honda Odyssey atm with four kids 8,3,1,3mo. We took a seat out of the second row and have the two youngest in the second row, the 3yo and the 8yo in the back. The two older ones can get in by themselves and I can reach back pretty easily to secure the 3yo into his carseat.

On a road trip, we put the seat back in the second row and it was harder, but still doable.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Sockmuppet posted:

Fish is so healthy and full of important nutrients that yeah, don't avoid all fish just because some fish have higher levels of bad stuff.

Feeding our kid meat for the first time was pretty hilarious. Her eyes widened in amazement and she was all "ALL OF IT! IN MY MOUTH! NOW!"

But yeah, I get the weirdness. Liver pate is one thing, but feeding my baby a baby from another species is going to be a bit of a hurdle.
On the flip side, it's going to be a while before I can eat suckling pig again - it smells like delicious milkscented baby-head :gonk:

I would like to say the same holds true for red meat as well. I think its best to say, babies shouldn't be on diets, unless they got medical reasons for it.

What one should do is avoid food that's been processed(frozen pizzas, ready made meat balls, ugh, that kinda stuff), buy your food as raw ingredients as much you can and make the food yourself.

And soda of course, worst thing ever, liquid candy in a bottle, that's gonna be something my kids can count on their hands how many times they have it per year. I'd rather give them a candy bar so they get something you can actually chew & eat, as its much easier to pack down the calories in liquid form.

DoBoMi
Feb 16, 2014
Maybe babies shouldn't be on diet, but I think one should teach the children that too much meat isn't healthy at all.
In our society we don't value meat anymore, you can get it all times and everywhere and cheap. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE meat, but it would be better for us if we reduced our meat consumption to once or twice a week.
Same goes for sugar.

Getting raw ingredients is also very important, and most of the time even cheaper than processed food. I don't get it why many people here, who don't have much money, spend it on junk food etc.

But that is the great part of being a parent: You change yourself because you want to be a good role model :)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
From what I've researched and found out I'm not going to be that strict in keeping my meat intake down as long as I buy the raw meat itself. I do have vegetarian days however, though not often as my SO's relatives are a lot of buddhist vegetarians and vegans and eating that kinda food as often as I do (they live close, we often get invited to eat here or get food from them) makes me feel I have had it up to here with vegetarian cooking most of the time, so I don't tend to make it often myself.

What I am going to stop buying meat from the markets and instead along with a few other people start buying entire animals a few times a year from a local farmer and freeze the cuts. Another way to save money.. Once our house is finished and we got a big freezer to keep stuff in.

Sugar OTOH has been strictly filtered away, IMO it's by far the single worst ingredient and it's super hard to get away from if you buy any kind of food from someone else or any establishment. Like to drink those fancy mocca whatevers from places like starbucks, probably sugar bombs. That sandwich you bought from subway or some other deli, probably filled with sugar. I almost always avoid buying ready food or drink, I make my own coffee, cream, no sugar. I make my own sandwiches, I always make my own lunches for work at home and so forth.

I guess it would kinda suck for the service driven economy we've set up for ourselves if more people did like I do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Starbucks is really good about not putting any sweetener in if you ask. Not like McDonalds where you will probably have to send your syrup with coffee back like three loving times until they understand "no sweetener" Jesus Christ!

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

Chicken Biscuits posted:

Any tips on dealing with babies and eczema? My almost 4 month old was just diagnosed with it. The doctor suggested Aveeno lotion and gave us a mild steroid cream. The poor thing is constantly whining and trying to scratch at her legs. Anything else I can do to help?

Sometimes eczema can be caused by food allergies/sensitivities. My son's all but went away when we cut corn out of his diet (and the nursing mother's diet if you are). The Aveeno Eczema Care lotion was a miracle for us. We only use non-soap cleansers like cetaphil. Getting rid of fragrances in detergents also can help. Febreze is a nightmare for my son's skin.

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

DoBoMi posted:

Getting raw ingredients is also very important, and most of the time even cheaper than processed food. I don't get it why many people here, who don't have much money, spend it on junk food etc.

Because many people are in working families and time is a huge factor.

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

DoBoMi posted:

Not only is time to actually prepare these raw ingredients a huge factor when both parents work (sometimes multiple jobs), but there is a strong lack of quality produce and healthy foods in poorer communities. So the raw ingredients are drat near impossible to get without making a trip outside of your community spending money you don't have on gas/transit along with the time you don't have as well.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Amykinz posted:

Not only is time to actually prepare these raw ingredients a huge factor when both parents work (sometimes multiple jobs), but there is a strong lack of quality produce and healthy foods in poorer communities. So the raw ingredients are drat near impossible to get without making a trip outside of your community spending money you don't have on gas/transit along with the time you don't have as well.

I think the problems can be summed up with the idea that being poor is a lot harder than people give it credit for. If there is a simple solution someone living in poverty isn't using, it's probably because it's not really that simple of a solution in their situation :(

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007
Try googling "food desert" you smuggos.

There are places in Metro Detroit where there isn't a grocery store other than a 7-11 for miles. And if you don't have a car...

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

heh, just go to a Farmer's Market if you're so poor amirite

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm an adult with eczema and a bunch of allergies and aveeno was ok but never helped as much as I would have liked. Cetaphil Restoraderm has worked wonders for me. It's on amazon but I haven't seen it on any store shelves. Worth a try for sure.

Also - food deserts sucks. I grew up in one and I remember my mom having to drive practically across town to piggly wiggly because we were poor and they had cheap meat :( I literally never had home made food until I was an adult and could make my own. My mom worked 40+hours a week night shift and my dad worked probably 60hrs a week day shift to support us.

You know that scene in Matilda where she makes her own breakfast by climbing on all the counters - that was me. I got my own key to our house when I was 5 years old. I would come home from school and my sister and brother and I would make hamburger helper for dinner together.

Chicken Biscuits
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you for all of your advice. :) The Aveeno lotion and the steroid cream has helped. She only gets washed with plain water twice a week, we make our own laundry soap, and she's been on the same formula for awhile. I have eczema too, so I guess I passed the curse down.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I have a toilet training question, my little girl is right at 20 months old and she is more or less toilet trained. She will tell us when to go and only have awake accident about 3 times a week and can hold her pee while we are outside and out and about. Now what is a good way to train her to hold it during nap time or over night or will that just come with time as she builds more control of her bladder functions?

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
That's just going to come with time. Pretty much everything I've read says it's a developmental milestone that you can't really force. My kid is almost 3.5, has been 100% potty trained since early last summer and still wears a diaper overnight because he wakes up wet a few times a week. I suppose I could wake him up to pee, but I'm enjoying that he now sleeps 10-12 hours a night and one wet diaper a day is not a big deal to me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Basically your kid's body grows faster than their bladder for a while.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Sorry to all you people who are currently snowed in but I live in Los Angeles so sue me.

Can we talk about sunscreen? Zulily.com is selling some from "the honest company" today and I was wondering what the thread's thoughts are on sunscreen. Littledip is 16 months old now and I'm a surfer so the beach will be a common occurrence for him. Is he old enough to use off the shelf sunscreen?

Has anyone made their own sunscreen? I've seen a few recipe's to make your own and it's very intriguing to me. They are mostly zinc powder and beeswax if I remember correctly.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Hdip posted:

Sorry to all you people who are currently snowed in but I live in Los Angeles so sue me.

Hey fellow LA goon! :):hf::) Beautiful day today, right?!

We use off the shelf stuff for all our kids, the youngest is 14-months.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed

Hdip posted:

Can we talk about sunscreen?

The environmental working group website has an amazing interactive guide to sunscreen ingredients and brands.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Re: peeing overnight, the body actually needs to mature to a point where it releases a chemical which prevents peeing overnight. I forget what it's called. Anyways, for many kids this shows up around 2-3, although there are lots that take longer. One of my relatives and his kids were all 12 or so before they were able to sleep without protection at night. Just takes time.

bilabial trill
Dec 25, 2008

not just a B
It's actually way more common than many people realize to not be dry at night until school age or later. I have three friends/acquaintances with kids who wet the bed until they were six years old. One of them just suddenly stopped, just like that. The other started school last fall and still does it. The third one I don't know, but she has a medical condition so. Anyway, point being, wetting the bed after being daytime potty trained is really common and usually they get dry on their own.

King Ramses
Feb 22, 2011
For my earlier problem with talking I'd like to thank who suggested state assisted speech therapy. We have something like that in Oklahoma through soonercare, the only issue is money. I live with my girlfriend and child. Together we make too much money for assistance. If she applied as a single mother, the state would go after me for child support. Meanwhile together without state assistance we don't have enough to afford specialized care.

Meanwhile this is what my girlfriend sent me while I'm at work.

"Trying to get him to even point to his mouth for water has him shoving his head into the corner so hard his face is squishing
and now he is sitting in the floor in the corner
with is back to me
refusing to look at me
because I want him to nod if he wants water"

Is it possible this is just stubbornness? And if so how do you even go about curing that?

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

King Ramses posted:

For my earlier problem with talking I'd like to thank who suggested state assisted speech therapy. We have something like that in Oklahoma through soonercare, the only issue is money. I live with my girlfriend and child. Together we make too much money for assistance. If she applied as a single mother, the state would go after me for child support. Meanwhile together without state assistance we don't have enough to afford specialized care.

"Trying to get him to even point to his mouth for water has him shoving his head into the corner so hard his face is squishing
with is back to me
refusing to look at me

Is it possible this is just stubbornness? And if so how do you even go about curing that?

I'd suggest Early Intervention, which is a federally required program available in all states for children with disabilities and developmental delays, REGARDLESS of income. I looked up Oklahoma's program, it's called SoonerStart (http://ok.gov/sde/soonerstart). Call them and request an evaluation. You may be told you need a doctor to refer you to the program, in which case just take him to his regular pediatrician and ask for a referral to early intervention for a speech & language evaluation. Honestly, that doesn't sound like stubbornness, that seems like a kid completely checking out because he's aversive to what is being asked of him.

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.

King Ramses posted:

with is back to me
refusing to look at me

I might be reading too much into this, but it sounds like your girlfriend is letting her frustration come out through how she tries to elicit speech. It's really important to keep the pressure off.

My son (23 mos) started speech therapy a few weeks ago for language delay, and we're already seeing good progress because his therapist shows us how to talk to David. She told us that at this age, labeling and describing should be 80% of what is said, and only about 20% should be asking questions/trying to elicit specific words. Once we adjusted what we said and how we said it, David opened right up.

I encourage you to look into Early Intervention. We have to go through our insurance first, but once his insurance benefit is used up, the state is paying for everything and we won't see a bill at all.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

DoBoMi posted:

Maybe babies shouldn't be on diet, but I think one should teach the children that too much meat isn't healthy at all.
In our society we don't value meat anymore, you can get it all times and everywhere and cheap. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE meat, but it would be better for us if we reduced our meat consumption to once or twice a week.
Same goes for sugar.

But that is the great part of being a parent: You change yourself because you want to be a good role model :)

Hard to meet your protein needs without meat...

King Ramses
Feb 22, 2011

Fionnoula posted:

I'd suggest Early Intervention, which is a federally required program available in all states for children with disabilities and developmental delays, REGARDLESS of income. I looked up Oklahoma's program, it's called SoonerStart (http://ok.gov/sde/soonerstart). Call them and request an evaluation. You may be told you need a doctor to refer you to the program, in which case just take him to his regular pediatrician and ask for a referral to early intervention for a speech & language evaluation. Honestly, that doesn't sound like stubbornness, that seems like a kid completely checking out because he's aversive to what is being asked of him.

Thanks, I had never heard of that! I'm not an oklahoma native so these things are all still new to me. I'll give them a call and see how to start the process.

vanessa posted:

I might be reading too much into this, but it sounds like your girlfriend is letting her frustration come out through how she tries to elicit speech. It's really important to keep the pressure off.

My son (23 mos) started speech therapy a few weeks ago for language delay, and we're already seeing good progress because his therapist shows us how to talk to David. She told us that at this age, labeling and describing should be 80% of what is said, and only about 20% should be asking questions/trying to elicit specific words. Once we adjusted what we said and how we said it, David opened right up.

I encourage you to look into Early Intervention. We have to go through our insurance first, but once his insurance benefit is used up, the state is paying for everything and we won't see a bill at all.
Honestly we do get frustrated sometimes. It's hard not to. But we're both working better at it and make sure he doesn't see us upset. But regardless we'll be looking into speech therapy. And once that hurdle is jumped - On to Potty training! Which thanks to you guys I am very much looking forward too.

Also, because I think it's genetic to want to show off your kid - A picture of him he was still enough for me to take.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
Is anyone else a stepparent with a step kid living with them? I really like this thread but feel like my involvement isn't applicable yet because I don't have kids of my own, and a lot of our kid issues deal with batshit-level drama that simply wouldn't be occurring in "natural" families.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

samizdat posted:

Is anyone else a stepparent with a step kid living with them? I really like this thread but feel like my involvement isn't applicable yet because I don't have kids of my own, and a lot of our kid issues deal with batshit-level drama that simply wouldn't be occurring in "natural" families.

I mostly lurk here, since I'm just a babysitter/auntie these days and trying to understand my friends' kids at their various developmental stages, but I'm a stepparent. My husband and I met when my stepson was 14 and he lived with us full-time until he was 19. He's 21 now. If your stepkids are tweens or teens I think I could offer some advice.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

samizdat posted:

I'm a stepparent but the kids live with their mother which presents its own set of issues when the kids are with us. "Batshit-level drama" is sometimes an understatement :(

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

samizdat posted:

My brothers (ages 8 and 11) came to live with me and my husband after a family emergency last summer, and we often say we feel a lot like we'd imagine stepparents do. They moved across the country to live with us, and were in and out of homeless shelters beforehand. On top of all of their behavioral issues (the 11 year old has pretty severe anxiety and the 8 year old was never properly potty trained), we're expecting our first baby in a few months. They're adjusting really well though, and are going through lots of counseling. Drama hardly begins to describe it, though.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008
Based upon my stepson's issues, I feel more like we are foster parents. His allegiance is to his mother, not even his father who does everything for him. I don't feel very bonded because he's not fun to be around. He was taken from his mother by CPS at 8, had to be potty trained and put on special diets (no gluten), and must be continually taught not to be feral. And while his developmental pediatrician agrees that he definitely acts autistic, he can't be diagnosed at the moment because he basically learned nothing while living with his mother so that could just be why he is the way he is. (It's technically unable to be autism if it's possibly due to external causes like abuse or neglect.)

But because he does grade level work (after being held back a year) and passes standardized tests and his young teacher somehow doesn't notice how he needs to be personally re-directed through most school tasks (I've witnessed this in the classroom), nobody at the school cares. If he parrots information and doesn't start fires, then he's a model student even if he can't even explain anything he's just said. He gets As on what is frankly subpar work. Apparently elementary school grade inflation is through the roof.

He's 12 and his doctor has pegged him at 9 based upon some tests, but he will sit and play with wooden blocks and toy cars like he's much younger. His handwriting is very bad but he writes letters in the correct direction now. Doing spelling sentences for class are very hard for him. When he does talk, he has a very limited vocabulary and often isn't able to explain things he doesn't know the words for. He also lies all the time (especially about whatever his mother feeds him even though we pack him a "safe" lunch for his several hour, once a week visitation), but usually lies for no discernible reason, or just says "I don't know." His speech has a strange rhythm to it, and he's hard to understand. Sometimes he sounds like a cell phone on vibrate because of his mumbling.

He generally seems to understand very little of what is going on. His nightly homework is supposed to be less than an hour, but he used to spend 5+ hours sitting in front of it and not doing any of it until I started setting a timer for an hour and telling him that's his homework time. He doesn't get it all done but his teacher doesn't seem to care either. We've requested a special ed evaluation from the school (their legal obligation) and are waiting to hear about whether that is going to happen or what. We tried to have a meeting once and the school psychologist didn't even show up.

It is a parade of doctors these days because I'm tired of dealing with an overgrown toddler with no diagnosis and no extra services that he should be receiving for his condition(s). He's supposed to be in middle school next year and I can't even imagine how he will handle it after being babied by his teachers and ignored by the school. I'm hoping the middle school had higher standards of learning and he will get identified as needing help. I wouldn't put a 9 year old in middle school, so why would it be a good idea to throw him in?

His father is in the military and going away for training for the next 1.5 months in a few days so I'm just going to be walking on eggshells waiting for another stupid temper tantrum where he screams and threatens suicide like the last time his father had to go out of town for far less time (kid's mother tells him to do the fake suicide threats because she thinks she could get custody again, in reality he'd be sent to a far different situation if he couldn't live here).

Woman
Oct 31, 2010

samizdat posted:

Based upon my stepson's issues, I feel more like we are foster parents. His allegiance is to his mother, not even his father who does everything for him. I don't feel very bonded because he's not fun to be around. He was taken from his mother by CPS at 8, had to be potty trained and put on special diets (no gluten), and must be continually taught not to be feral. And while his developmental pediatrician agrees that he definitely acts autistic, he can't be diagnosed at the moment because he basically learned nothing while living with his mother so that could just be why he is the way he is. (It's technically unable to be autism if it's possibly due to external causes like abuse or neglect.)

But because he does grade level work (after being held back a year) and passes standardized tests and his young teacher somehow doesn't notice how he needs to be personally re-directed through most school tasks (I've witnessed this in the classroom), nobody at the school cares. If he parrots information and doesn't start fires, then he's a model student even if he can't even explain anything he's just said. He gets As on what is frankly subpar work. Apparently elementary school grade inflation is through the roof.

He's 12 and his doctor has pegged him at 9 based upon some tests, but he will sit and play with wooden blocks and toy cars like he's much younger. His handwriting is very bad but he writes letters in the correct direction now. Doing spelling sentences for class are very hard for him. When he does talk, he has a very limited vocabulary and often isn't able to explain things he doesn't know the words for. He also lies all the time (especially about whatever his mother feeds him even though we pack him a "safe" lunch for his several hour, once a week visitation), but usually lies for no discernible reason, or just says "I don't know." His speech has a strange rhythm to it, and he's hard to understand. Sometimes he sounds like a cell phone on vibrate because of his mumbling.

He generally seems to understand very little of what is going on. His nightly homework is supposed to be less than an hour, but he used to spend 5+ hours sitting in front of it and not doing any of it until I started setting a timer for an hour and telling him that's his homework time. He doesn't get it all done but his teacher doesn't seem to care either. We've requested a special ed evaluation from the school (their legal obligation) and are waiting to hear about whether that is going to happen or what. We tried to have a meeting once and the school psychologist didn't even show up.

It is a parade of doctors these days because I'm tired of dealing with an overgrown toddler with no diagnosis and no extra services that he should be receiving for his condition(s). He's supposed to be in middle school next year and I can't even imagine how he will handle it after being babied by his teachers and ignored by the school. I'm hoping the middle school had higher standards of learning and he will get identified as needing help. I wouldn't put a 9 year old in middle school, so why would it be a good idea to throw him in?

His father is in the military and going away for training for the next 1.5 months in a few days so I'm just going to be walking on eggshells waiting for another stupid temper tantrum where he screams and threatens suicide like the last time his father had to go out of town for far less time (kid's mother tells him to do the fake suicide threats because she thinks she could get custody again, in reality he'd be sent to a far different situation if he couldn't live here).

Wow. That sounds incredibly frustrating and so sad for this poor kid. My first question is why is visitation with his mother unsupervised given the history of severe neglect and the issues you bring up after he sees her? Based only on what you've written, it could be that he is very delayed and possibly has an attachment disorder or that he has always been autistic and was, on top of that, badly neglected. When did your husband and his mother separate? Was he around for his early childhood or the 8 years before the kid was taken away from the mother?

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

Woman posted:

Wow. That sounds incredibly frustrating and so sad for this poor kid. My first question is why is visitation with his mother unsupervised given the history of severe neglect and the issues you bring up after he sees her? Based only on what you've written, it could be that he is very delayed and possibly has an attachment disorder or that he has always been autistic and was, on top of that, badly neglected. When did your husband and his mother separate? Was he around for his early childhood or the 8 years before the kid was taken away from the mother?

It used to be supervised, but the courts decided to move to unsupervised once they decided her house was clean enough. There is literally nothing we can do about that, and our lawyer advises against going back to court because she may actually be able to get more visitation instead. His parents were only married in the first place because she forgot her pill and it was "the right thing to do." They were together two years but most of that time was spent in divorce court. They separated shortly after he was born, my husband had to do training out of state 3 months after his birth and they never lived together again after that. They lived in close proximity and shared custody for a few years, until my husband began to get stationed in other places across the country, then he would get him for several weeks during summers.

Yeah, it is a mess.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

samizdat posted:

His parents were only married in the first place because she forgot her pill and it was "the right thing to do."

Just want to say - god this is the worst. I grew up with parents who married for this reason and it is just a freakin nightmare. I'm glad the country/culture is moving away from this concept.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

Tigntink posted:

Just want to say - god this is the worst. I grew up with parents who married for this reason and it is just a freakin nightmare. I'm glad the country/culture is moving away from this concept.

I hear you. That is the dumbest loving thing he has done in his life, aside from not using a condom.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, since I figured the really new parents couldn't give any up.. Does anyone have any cloth diaper covers that they would be willing to sell? We already paid for the diaper service so all we need is the covers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

zeldadude posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, since I figured the really new parents couldn't give any up.. Does anyone have any cloth diaper covers that they would be willing to sell? We already paid for the diaper service so all we need is the covers.

Check with your service, when we did a service for a while they had covers for rent or sale that were priced really reasonably - like I wouldn't think I'd have been able to save much buying used + shipping costs. Plus, you only need a few - I think we had 3 covers for the 3 months we used the service.